October 26, 2014 | 903 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Sarahbrowne123

Never buy this lip balm. I bought the shade cherry me . I like the smell and the packaging is cute and I like the tint .. It creates a naturalish red tint . However this claims to have 8hr moisture which it doesn't . I usually use Vaseline which really is good I don't suffer from chapped lips but my lips have become really dry lately from baby lips ... It lasts about 15 minutes on my lips which is stupid never buy this

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by celyco

not so great for lip protection or moisturizing but I love the gloss and colors

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Deserts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I definitely like this lip balm though it's not my favorite one.(Actually I don't have a favorite lip balm yet lol!) I have tried their Grape Vine and Quenched, they were both good but I personally prefer Quenched because I like the clear and nice glossy looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

I've been using Baby Lips ever since it was first released in Australia. The packaging differs from the US Baby Lips but it's the same packaging as the ones sold in the Asian market. There are a few ranges offered here: the non-tinted ones, the "Lip Glow" and the "Loves Color" ones. I've only used their non-tinted and "Lip Glow" range.

In terms of the formula of the lip balm, I cannot do a comparison between different markets because I've only used Australian Baby Lips products. I'm unsure if there was a change in the formula but the non-tinted lip balm I have from when it was first released is on the greasy/oily side (glossier) and the "Lip Glow" is drier and waxier. Their "Lip Glow" range has a similar concept to Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm, in which the colour adjusts to your lips depending on the pH. It gives a light tint but is buildable to an unnatural pink. The flavours are strongly fruity (with the exception of menthol). SPF20 is a bonus but this is only in their non-tinted range.

I would not use these lip balms (non-tinted) underneath majority of my lipsticks because of their oily formula. I prefer a waxy lip balm instead but the exception is for lipsticks that are waxy and hard.

As for how moisturising it is, it's a decent lip balm but I don't find it very moisturising. It only serves as a physical barrier against the weather but I'd say after 2 hours, you should reapply because it eventually leaves your lips drier. I find that I don't need very moisturising lip balms most of the year and they work well for summer. They're affordable and they work for me, so I'm likely to repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by SeoulBunnyRabbit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I was all excited to buy this product because there had been such a big hype about it in the blogosphere but when I got it I was totally let down. My lips have always been in need of a lot of moisture and when I would apply the stuff I would need to reapply every five minutes so that I could get some sort of moisture. Besides the less than great quality of the actual lip balm the packaging was not very good. The cap seals be locking with a notch on the tube, but mine withered so the cap did not seal properly.

I do not recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by cRod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will not be purchasing this item again. They have no staying power and dry out my lips really badly. The colour payoff is light and they smell really nice, but thats it. No true redeeming qualities. I regret buying them in all colours before I tried them. Don't believe the hype.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by karlaleila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of all of them Can't get enough And they definitely hydrate my lips

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by HappyLatte

I love the smells!!! It moisturises yes perhaps not as well as Nivea or Vaseline but they're fun products to keep in bags and just give a glossy coat. The coloured balms are lovely too... Peach Kiss is has a glossy shimmer to it and the nude shade is a beauty. They're build able to make the colour stronger, not sticky or waxy at all and I really love these, just not the lasting power if I have super cracked lips. But as it's coming into summer my lips aren't as dry and these are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

These aren't nearly as hydrating as EOS or Nivea but in my opinion they're all really fun. They taste delicious and I love the hint of color they have. I wear matte lipstick a lot and I like putting these on over top if my lips feel dry. They're just light weight enough to put on top of lipsticks, where as a more moisturizing chap stick would be too sticky. I love the cherry, grape, and the rose one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its cute and nice pigmentation, but i feel like it doesnt do much for my lips when theyre dry. they feel nice when my lips are not dry to add a bit more moisture, but it doesnt help heal my dry lips :(