April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

A friend of mine with already beautiful, full lips convinced me to buy this. I have the one in the blue tube labeled "quench". This has a sheer gloss that brings out the natural pigments in my lips which is great because I don't wear makeup (35 and still get bad acne from makeup). That's about the only good thing I can say about it. I've been using it for 3 days and my lips are sooooo dry and crinkled looking! No moisture at all. It claims to have 8 hour moisture but it does not. It sits on your lips until it wares off by eating or drinking. Does not absorb at all! The packaging is a real eye catcher though. It looks like should be marketed for a younger generation though. I'll continue to stick with my favorite Carmax daily lip conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got suckered in by the adorable packaging. This balm is not moisturizing AT. ALL. It sits on my lips like a film and if anything it dries them out, actually. I got the Cherry Me which has a nice red tint, but lasts on my lips literally 15 to 20 minutes. Then gone as if never applied.

It's expensive for a lip balm, too.

This might work if you wanted to layer over a lipstick for added shine or to alter the color a bit. Does not work at all as a moisturizing balm. It looks cute in my makeup stash but will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like matte lips so usually by the end of the day, my lips will get dry. I used to use this at the start thinking that it does work. But as I use it more, I realise that this is not really THAT moisturising compared to my nivea lip butters.

For maybelline baby lips, it gives an oily slick feeling on my lips and I whatever lipstick I put over top will have a shiny/glossy look to it even though it is a matte lipstick. This lip balm wears off after I eat and my lips will feel dry again.

Will not repurchase because I need a more moisturizing lip balm than this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Littlewing89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my new favourite lip balm....it seriously makes my lips more soft and plumper than anything else I have ever tried. Luuuurve it! I have the pink punch......the colours of these are so cute...it has a natural finish with a cute pop of colour that is a subtle...neon, if you will. It's trendy-ish and but light enough so that it looks sexy and natural rather than a big smear of colour, you know? Like someone is going to kiss your lips, not lipstick. It's super. and it tastes alright. Very nice and light. kinda sunscreeny. But sunscreen is good. better than bonnebell I think. That is the only colour I've tried and I like it. just kidding anyways the texture is fantastic, light but moisturizing so you feel okay to kiss people with it on. yay soft plump lips my lips were getting all dried up and now they are like pillows haha

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Azura2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

People who are complaining that it doesn't moisturise always have the coloured ones. I don't have any of the coloured ones but I do have pink glow and I had the antioxidant mixed berry one and the pink glow wasn't nearly as moisturising as as the antioxidant (which is clear but smells amazing!)

I have come to the conclusion that the clear ones (as they are with most products) are by far the best. But baby lips is different to other brands because generally the clear/original balms are a bit boring, plain and simple. They get the job done but that's it.

With baby lips the clear ones do the job and still have pizzazz (that's my new fav word). For instance the clear one smells amazing, has cute packaging and still does a great job!

The best lip balms I've ever tried and my personal favourites ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by mambarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the peach color. The only thing I somewhat liked about this was the packaging. I think it's cute, but still a bit teeny-bopperish for me.

Not moisturizing what so ever. Has a non flattering slight glitter sheen to it. If you apply more than one layer it gets a weird texture on your lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Bberry15

I love how these givr a lil bit of color to your lips and I love how they smell.I have all of the electro collection and i love how theylook and they are inexpensive but the only con that I have with this product is that it doesnt really moustirise

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by ami1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been seeing reviews and adverts for this product everywhere so when I was in Superdrug, I had a spare £3 left so I just decided to buy it to see what all the hype was about.

The packaging, first of all, is nothing special. Practical and hard wearing. The logo looks somewhat tacky though. The smell (I bought the mint one) was nice and refreshing. Not as strong as I'd like it to be however. The actual product is okay but it's not as moisturising as I'd hoped it would be. I had to keep reapplying it every hour or two, hence why after about a month it's almost finished.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh, these are nothing special. I have a cherry one and a peachy one. The cherry one is ok, has a nice little pop of color, not very shiny, but does have a bit of a sheen. The peachy one I have is terrible. The color is muddy looking and it seems to have a bit of shimmer that translates to grittiness on the lips. Neither is moisturizing at all and after a couple hours of wear my lips will be drier than before. I was pretty disappointed, given the number of good reviews, I really thought these would be better. Will not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by HelloDear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

What a rip off! For a lip balm these things are quite pricey and they do such a crappy job at keeping your lips moisturized! When this dries (which happens within like an hour and a half) my lips are completely peeling off! Horrible.