August 21, 2014 | 1778 users online

Concealers - Revlon - PhotoReady Concealer SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Love this concealer!! I have had problems with many concealers in the past, since ones like Laura Geller's Real Deal and Hard Candy Glamouflage have broken me out badly. I have been reluctant to try new concealers for a while. I have heard great reviews about this on YouTube from several gurus, so I bought it and it works wonders! This concealer is a stick concealer that you apply either with a brush, if you like, or directly onto the problem area. It covered any blemishes I had, from "almost covered by foundation" to "Mount Pimple". It is very creamy and applies very easily, and doesn't tug. I have seen many shades featured, and they are on the warmer-neutral scale, which works great for me. The finish on this concealer is not quite matte- rather, it is kind of satin-y, and it actually reflects a little bit of light if you don't put powder on top. I do not mind that, personally. Photoready has pretty good staying power with some powder and a good foundation, and cooperates with your other face makeup. I have skin on the oilier side, and it stayed on pretty well. However, just to be safe, I would not recommend this concealer to people on the far end of the "oily skin" spectrum, since it is a creamy product. The packaging annoyed me a bit, just because the cap didn't stay on very well, but I like how it is a twist-up product. It is also fairly cheap, for around $8! Definitely recommend to whoever is looking for an amazing, yet affordable, concealer!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by arianazomg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay before I begin with the actual review, I want to share my skin background first. I have combo skin. My skin is SUPER oily, like I will wash my face, sit and watch tv for an hour and I already look greasy. Just imagine what happens when I actually am outside doing things. Anyway, I have SUPER acne prone skin, meaning I barely ever try new things because it's will most likely break me out, and my face will get dried out easily too. Yay for my great skin, LOL. Anyway, I started using this concealer with no foundation just to cover up some spots and under eye circles. For the under eye circles it was okay, nothing AMAZING. If I forgot to put under-eye cream before using the concealer it would be very chalky and cakey looking though. As for using it on my acne spots, it looked amazing. I was seriously loving it, until 3 days later when I broke out massively. I recommend those who are acne-prone skin to avoid this concealer, for it is pretty thick and will probably break you out, and the packaging is unsanitary. If you're skin can tolerate heavy products, by all means go ahead and try this bad boy out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Brittanypuran

Love the coverage, love the packaging, love the ease of application. Works even on my darkest spots - and I'm brown-skinned, so my spots can get pretty dark when they're fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by rhema86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product...is not very inspiring on any front. It comes in a stick-tube, applies creamy, and dries to the same powdery but very present matte as the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. Unfortunately it is not a color-staying kind of product, and disappears from skin before the day is close to over.

I guess that doesn't matter, since the coverage is so feeble. For those who actually need concealer to do more than brighten up around one's nose and such, this is bad. If you have any acne marks or dark circles, you will simply be adding a layer of orange on top that you can see right through, I promise. It makes my acne marks look like purple bruises surrounded by a murk of orange.

I am fair skinned, and the lightest available color will only match me when I am fake tanned. Even when I am fake tanned and it matches, it still has its same sucky staying power and shit coverage, so what's the point.

This will likely work best for you if your skintone is in the orange range, if you do not mind reapplying every 2 hours, and especially if you don't actually need concealer.

This product actually works best if you leave it in its packaging, in its display at the store, and buy something else instead.

And as far as the name "PhotoReady" and all those implications, don't be suckerpunched. Unless you are taking photos you plan to photoshop and then change to like, grainy black and white or something, you will not be ready to look good in a photo if you use this product.

You will only be ready to look as bad in a photo as you do in real life while using this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by pinkstuff

I wanted to try this concealer because I thought that maybe it might be comparable to MAC's Studio Finish concealer. I like thick/cream concealers because I suffer from acne breakouts and hyper-pigmentation. However, I was disappointed by this concealer because it contains shimmer. When trying to conceal acne and/or acne scars, I really don't want them to be accentuated with glitter specks. Yuck!
BOTTOM LINE:
If you like concealers with shimmer, try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

I saw on some obscure makeup blog that this concealer was the dupe for the NARS concealer stick. I was able to test the NARS vs. Revlon at the store and saw that it is indeed a dupe as far as consistency, longevity, etc. I'm switching to this from now on and going to save myself over 50% savings (NARS $24 vs Revlon $10). As far as I see it, this is 95% the same product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Very good concealer for face ( i dont use it for undereyes). this is the only drugstore concealer that comes in my shade, Deep. (nc42). its great to cover up blemish, acne, and other marks. I dont use it for under eyes because i prefer using liquid concealers for that area.
i like that it comes in a stick form so its easy to apply and the texture is also very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by InvictDeity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I love about this product is that once it is on, it stays on. It is a bit weak, but it covers up what it needs to cover up.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by trolleydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Initially I found this concealer beautiful under my eyes. It is creamy, great color, great pigmentation, I can say many great things about this concealer, but other reviewers have described its texture very well.
I'm N/NW10, I purchased this in Fair, I like the color match for undereyes.

My problem with this product is the shimmer. I didn't notice it when i first used it because I applied it in my bathroom.
The second time I used it I applied it with natural lighting, and I thought I had mistakenly blended it with a shimmery powder on my fingers. I tested it on the back of my clean hand and realized that it actually was shimmery and I hadn't noticed before. The shimmer is fine, but there is a lot of it.
I tried to rock it... but I couldn't get over seeing shimmer under my eyes despite it looking and feeling great from a distance. Shimmer is a no no for me unless its eyeshadow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's an okay product. First of all, the lipstick shape is awkward. I don't like it, you cannot really using it directly on your face, and it's not easy to use with fingers or with a brush. The coverage is medium. It's ok for regular dark circles, but doesn't cover acne. It creases a bit but nothing too horrible. So it would be a 2.5 for me: i bought it because I ran out of the Bobbi brown concealer kit and i needed something cheap. (it costs about 10$CAD at my local drugstore) It was on sale, otherwise it's more like 12 or 13 which is expensive for what it delivers.
Also, it's very yellow, and my complexion is pinkish so it looks unnatural on me.
Won't repurchase.