November 29, 2014 | 967 users online

Concealers - Revlon - PhotoReady Concealer SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by DimpleBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first ever concealer that I bought was this in the shade fair-medium. Having watched hundreds of beauty videos on YT, I learnt that concealer should be 1 to 1.5 shades lighter than your skin tone. OK, got it. So, I studied a little bit about concealer for dry skin and got this one. Nope, it did not cove my under eye circles, plus it looked white. I thought, that may be because the shade was too light for me. Returned it and was searching for next shade which is probably medium? but it wasn't available so I directly jumped to medium-deep. because I loved its creaminess I dared to buy it again in different shade. But no, even second time it was a miss. May be coverage wise it is sheer and my under eye circles are not crazy but they are not light either. So, I returned this one as well. I really wanted to like it reading all the rave about it, but it did not work for me. Well, obviously I will not be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really disliked this product, I bought it in 002 and it was so yellow you'd think it would help cover purple dark circles but it just drew more attention to the yellow under my eyes! it caked and was quite greasy and when i tried to set it, it went cakey even more. I thought this would be so great with the foundation (which i bought at the same time) but i was disappointed, i wont be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

I love Revlon, I HATE the Revlon PhotoReady foundation. I am in the middle about this concealer.

When I first got this I applied it from the stick over the top of my foundation and blended it in with my fingers. It was creamy, covered nicely and didn't cake. I loved it. I use this primarily under my eyes.

Then, a few weeks later, I applied this the way I normally would and it was horrible. I had to completely wipe away the makeup under my eyes it was so bad. Applying lotion and then my foundation I did not see any dry patches under my eyes. On my bare skin I also did not see any dry patches under my eyes. Then I applied this concealer and omg, just patches of dry skin. It was disgusting. I had only had this for a few weeks so I knew it wasn't that it had gone bad so I tried to work with it. I tried using primer, I already used eye creams, I tried applying this under my foundation, I tried blending it with a brush and then with a sponge, I even started exfoliating under my eyes. Nothing. It was like this concealer had the magic ability to detect the tiniest dry patch (which is also a trait of the foundation and one of the many reasons I hate that one).

So why am I giving it a 3 and not a 1? I finally figured out how to make it work. First I apply lotion to my hands, focusing on the fingers I will use to apply the concealer. Next, I apply the concealer to my finger instead of directly to the skin and then I pat it into my under eyes. Repeat until I get a decent enough coverage and re-applying lotion to my fingers if my finger starts feeling a bit dry. When I do this there is no caking, no dry patches and I can get an ok coverage. The 3 stars is because I DO have to work at it and even then I can't get amazing coverage. The coverage when I applied this directly to my under eyes was better but oh well.

As far as any shimmer, I don't notice any, unlike the PhotoReady foundation (I looked in a car mirror outside one time and it looked like I had perhaps worn glitter eyeshadow the night before and it had fallen over my face).

Not horrible when used correctly but I am positive there are better concealers out there. Oh, and blemishes, I don't particularly care for this for those purposes either. It doesn't give enough coverage for me and slips and slides a bit. I don't know, I don't get too many blemishes though so it could be user error rather than the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by schoolgirl101

I tend to gravitate more toward liquid concealers but bought this concealer over rave reviews on YouTube. I love the creaminess of this concealer and how it does not appear cakey underneath my dry eyes. I have repurchased this product. The packaging is great. The concealer applies so smoothy and you will not run out of this product for at least a good four months. What I don't like are the iridescent shimmers in the product. They don't appear to show up on the face unless one looks extremely up close (and I mean extremely), but I'm pretty against the use of shimmer/glitter for anything but eyeshadow. You probably won't see the glitter but just pointing this out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Love this concealer!! I have had problems with many concealers in the past, since ones like Laura Geller's Real Deal and Hard Candy Glamouflage have broken me out badly. I have been reluctant to try new concealers for a while. I have heard great reviews about this on YouTube from several gurus, so I bought it and it works wonders! This concealer is a stick concealer that you apply either with a brush, if you like, or directly onto the problem area. It covered any blemishes I had, from "almost covered by foundation" to "Mount Pimple". It is very creamy and applies very easily, and doesn't tug. I have seen many shades featured, and they are on the warmer-neutral scale, which works great for me. The finish on this concealer is not quite matte- rather, it is kind of satin-y, and it actually reflects a little bit of light if you don't put powder on top. I do not mind that, personally. Photoready has pretty good staying power with some powder and a good foundation, and cooperates with your other face makeup. I have skin on the oilier side, and it stayed on pretty well. However, just to be safe, I would not recommend this concealer to people on the far end of the "oily skin" spectrum, since it is a creamy product. The packaging annoyed me a bit, just because the cap didn't stay on very well, but I like how it is a twist-up product. It is also fairly cheap, for around $8! Definitely recommend to whoever is looking for an amazing, yet affordable, concealer!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by arianazomg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay before I begin with the actual review, I want to share my skin background first. I have combo skin. My skin is SUPER oily, like I will wash my face, sit and watch tv for an hour and I already look greasy. Just imagine what happens when I actually am outside doing things. Anyway, I have SUPER acne prone skin, meaning I barely ever try new things because it's will most likely break me out, and my face will get dried out easily too. Yay for my great skin, LOL. Anyway, I started using this concealer with no foundation just to cover up some spots and under eye circles. For the under eye circles it was okay, nothing AMAZING. If I forgot to put under-eye cream before using the concealer it would be very chalky and cakey looking though. As for using it on my acne spots, it looked amazing. I was seriously loving it, until 3 days later when I broke out massively. I recommend those who are acne-prone skin to avoid this concealer, for it is pretty thick and will probably break you out, and the packaging is unsanitary. If you're skin can tolerate heavy products, by all means go ahead and try this bad boy out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Brittanypuran

Love the coverage, love the packaging, love the ease of application. Works even on my darkest spots - and I'm brown-skinned, so my spots can get pretty dark when they're fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by rhema86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product...is not very inspiring on any front. It comes in a stick-tube, applies creamy, and dries to the same powdery but very present matte as the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. Unfortunately it is not a color-staying kind of product, and disappears from skin before the day is close to over.

I guess that doesn't matter, since the coverage is so feeble. For those who actually need concealer to do more than brighten up around one's nose and such, this is bad. If you have any acne marks or dark circles, you will simply be adding a layer of orange on top that you can see right through, I promise. It makes my acne marks look like purple bruises surrounded by a murk of orange.

I am fair skinned, and the lightest available color will only match me when I am fake tanned. Even when I am fake tanned and it matches, it still has its same sucky staying power and shit coverage, so what's the point.

This will likely work best for you if your skintone is in the orange range, if you do not mind reapplying every 2 hours, and especially if you don't actually need concealer.

This product actually works best if you leave it in its packaging, in its display at the store, and buy something else instead.

And as far as the name "PhotoReady" and all those implications, don't be suckerpunched. Unless you are taking photos you plan to photoshop and then change to like, grainy black and white or something, you will not be ready to look good in a photo if you use this product.

You will only be ready to look as bad in a photo as you do in real life while using this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by pinkstuff

I wanted to try this concealer because I thought that maybe it might be comparable to MAC's Studio Finish concealer. I like thick/cream concealers because I suffer from acne breakouts and hyper-pigmentation. However, I was disappointed by this concealer because it contains shimmer. When trying to conceal acne and/or acne scars, I really don't want them to be accentuated with glitter specks. Yuck!
BOTTOM LINE:
If you like concealers with shimmer, try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

I saw on some obscure makeup blog that this concealer was the dupe for the NARS concealer stick. I was able to test the NARS vs. Revlon at the store and saw that it is indeed a dupe as far as consistency, longevity, etc. I'm switching to this from now on and going to save myself over 50% savings (NARS $24 vs Revlon $10). As far as I see it, this is 95% the same product.