Revlon PhotoReady Concealer SPF 20

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), Titanium Dioxide (7.5%), Zinc Oxide (2.45%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Polyethylene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyisobutene, Paraffin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Boron Nitrate, Kaolin, Sorbitan Trioleate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Trisiloxane, Isostearyl Behenate, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Bis Isobutyl PPG 20 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Silica, Triethyl Citrate, Isopropyl Titanium Trisostearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 6/10/2013 12:21:00 PM

I really like this concealer, especially for the price. It gives good coverage and lasts a good while. It's neither too dry or greasy and easy to apply. It's the one I'm sticking with until I find one better.

on 6/8/2013 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It does its job well. The price is okay so I wasn't too disappointed about the performance. It covers redness but you can still see my bumps. I guess a pro/con would be its creaminess. It glides smoothly on my face and blends. But my skin is oily and after 2 hours there's just a patch of grease on my face.

on 6/8/2013 1:00:00 AM

I love this product and almost everything about it the price packaging, lasting power however the range of shades is not many. None of the shades match my skin perfectly however I still use it since its so creamy and easy to blend.

on 6/2/2013 11:25:00 PM

I love this product! It is so great and easy! It lasts all day and you just dab it on the zit or dark spot and rub it in a little and you are done. There is no need to get out the brushes. Only a small amount is needed and it matched my skin tone perfectly. I would buy this again and again. So easy and so great for those lazy days.

on 5/29/2013 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't have a very good history with concealers, but this one is the first to work for me. Having said that, I did run into similar problems other reviewers had with it. In the winter time, it caked. A lot. I found my fix by putting petroleum jelly (lotion wasn't enough) on problem areas first before applying the concealer. When I don't have winter skin, it goes on very smoothly and is a great match for my warm, fair-medium skin (I use Light Medium 003). I agree with other reviewers that it is definitely yellow-toned.

This is only okay. It kind of exacerbated the dry skin around the zit I was trying to cover, and wore off eventually. I like the packaging very much, but the product leaves something to be desired. Still loving Hard Candy Glamoflauge more.

on 5/16/2013 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first ever concealer that I bought was this in the shade fair-medium. Having watched hundreds of beauty videos on YT, I learnt that concealer should be 1 to 1.5 shades lighter than your skin tone. OK, got it. So, I studied a little bit about concealer for dry skin and got this one. Nope, it did not cove my under eye circles, plus it looked white. I thought, that may be because the shade was too light for me. Returned it and was searching for next shade which is probably medium? but it wasn't available so I directly jumped to medium-deep. because I loved its creaminess I dared to buy it again in different shade. But no, even second time it was a miss. May be coverage wise it is sheer and my under eye circles are not crazy but they are not light either. So, I returned this one as well. I really wanted to like it reading all the rave about it, but it did not work for me. Well, obviously I will not be buying again.

I really disliked this product, I bought it in 002 and it was so yellow you'd think it would help cover purple dark circles but it just drew more attention to the yellow under my eyes! it caked and was quite greasy and when i tried to set it, it went cakey even more. I thought this would be so great with the foundation (which i bought at the same time) but i was disappointed, i wont be buying this again.

on 5/13/2013 7:24:00 PM

I love Revlon, I HATE the Revlon PhotoReady foundation. I am in the middle about this concealer.

When I first got this I applied it from the stick over the top of my foundation and blended it in with my fingers. It was creamy, covered nicely and didn't cake. I loved it. I use this primarily under my eyes.

Then, a few weeks later, I applied this the way I normally would and it was horrible. I had to completely wipe away the makeup under my eyes it was so bad. Applying lotion and then my foundation I did not see any dry patches under my eyes. On my bare skin I also did not see any dry patches under my eyes. Then I applied this concealer and omg, just patches of dry skin. It was disgusting. I had only had this for a few weeks so I knew it wasn't that it had gone bad so I tried to work with it. I tried using primer, I already used eye creams, I tried applying this under my foundation, I tried blending it with a brush and then with a sponge, I even started exfoliating under my eyes. Nothing. It was like this concealer had the magic ability to detect the tiniest dry patch (which is also a trait of the foundation and one of the many reasons I hate that one).

So why am I giving it a 3 and not a 1? I finally figured out how to make it work. First I apply lotion to my hands, focusing on the fingers I will use to apply the concealer. Next, I apply the concealer to my finger instead of directly to the skin and then I pat it into my under eyes. Repeat until I get a decent enough coverage and re-applying lotion to my fingers if my finger starts feeling a bit dry. When I do this there is no caking, no dry patches and I can get an ok coverage. The 3 stars is because I DO have to work at it and even then I can't get amazing coverage. The coverage when I applied this directly to my under eyes was better but oh well.

As far as any shimmer, I don't notice any, unlike the PhotoReady foundation (I looked in a car mirror outside one time and it looked like I had perhaps worn glitter eyeshadow the night before and it had fallen over my face).

Not horrible when used correctly but I am positive there are better concealers out there. Oh, and blemishes, I don't particularly care for this for those purposes either. It doesn't give enough coverage for me and slips and slides a bit. I don't know, I don't get too many blemishes though so it could be user error rather than the product.

I tend to gravitate more toward liquid concealers but bought this concealer over rave reviews on YouTube. I love the creaminess of this concealer and how it does not appear cakey underneath my dry eyes. I have repurchased this product. The packaging is great. The concealer applies so smoothy and you will not run out of this product for at least a good four months. What I don't like are the iridescent shimmers in the product. They don't appear to show up on the face unless one looks extremely up close (and I mean extremely), but I'm pretty against the use of shimmer/glitter for anything but eyeshadow. You probably won't see the glitter but just pointing this out.