April 21, 2014 | 1035 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Clean Finish

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by LolaBrw

Even though I wish I had read the reviews before I bought this, sometimes you never know until you try it for yourself. I actually bought this on a whim as it was on sale and I'm familiar with Rimmel's other foundation that I remember liking awhile back (the long lasting mineral wear one). The colors to choose from are definitely different from their other foundations - they run lighter. Strangely enough, just like the reviews I've read, this made me totally orange! It wasn't blendable at all for me, but it did hide my pores like it claims to. If you dislike looking dirty and orange, heed to the "CHEAP CHEAP!" advice and skip this foundation, there is nothing "Clean" about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by calmingapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hi ladies! Please read my general skin stats so that you can determine whether or not this review will be beneficial to you or not. I have pale skin (I have Scottish/Irish AND Ukranian ancestery!). My neck is slightly yellow undertone and my face leans towards palish-pink-ruddy (esp during PMS, very annoying). Okay, so with that out of the way, I applied HALF of this foundation on my face and compared it with my regular go-to foundation... the Rimmel clean finish makes me orange! Enough said really. No exaggeration. Just an ugly ugly orange. I don't know how this is "true ivory" :-( The little wand applicator was kinda cool and I like that aspect. Price is great for a foundation ($7-9 Cdn depending on which store you visit). Actual coverage was a little spotty... thick in some aspects and then too thin in others. I cannot explain it other than it did not go on uniformly. Maybe it was just my bottle... I don't know. But I hope my review helps the fair skinned gal who might be sitting on the fence on this one. Perhaps they will make a paler color soon???

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by mayrarara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really good foundation! It's not cakey, doesn't break me out, & has a really nice finish. The coverage is medium, but I don't see this as a problem, seeing as foundations are meant to even out the skin tone. It feels very light, not heavy at all

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Rimmel was on sale so I decided to give this a try. I really like it. I had a heck of a time deciding which color to buy, the light shades all look quite similar, but seem to be warm/cool/neutral. Similar to colorstay it is a different color inside than it appears through the bottle, you really have to open it to see the true color. I settled on the neutral even though I have warm tones because the warmer one appeared to be a bit darker and I am very fair. It matches really well. It does not have a pump, but it does have a very neat "paddle" applicator, I wish every non pump foundation came with this, it is very handy. The consistency is thicker, almost whipped, however it goes on very smooth and I had no trouble blending. Medium coverage, evens out skin tone and covers without looking like a mask. I have a lot of redness and it covered all of it. It seems quite wet and cooling but dries to a wonderful finish. It truly feels as if you have nothing on your face, not sticky, very smooth to the touch, no transferring. It looks really natural and has not gotten oily or broken down. I had no problems with oxidation. I would say it is matte to satin finish, just the tiniest bit of sheen, just enough to look natural. I did wear this with primer. I love this stuff and feel it is a perfect everyday foundation. This is a steal for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by mernabear

UPDATE!!!!! after using this for about 2 weeks i noticed irritation so i decided to read the ingredients--THIS HAS TALC IN IT!!!! TALC is terrible for sensitive and acne-prone skin. Cant use it anymore im so sad i loved it :(
cant believe i have found my favorite foundation for only 3.99!! LOVE this! I have tried everything from clinique bobbie brown urban decay lancome laura mercier you name it! I dont mind spending big money for foundation but why would i when this is the best i have come across! TRY IT!!! it gives the perfect natural glow and i apply with a stippling brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

Got this for half price at Walgreens during a sale. It's an okay product but I have a few issues with it. The formula looks creamy but once you try to blend it thickens up. It makes it hard to blend but you can still do it. The coverage is okay, it could be better. At Walgreens there weren't many color selections so I had to settle with one that a bit darkner than my skin tone. Overall I will probably use up the entire bottle but won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by NitaDoerksen

Orange! I mix it with the body shop's vitamin E illuminating moisture cream, it gives me a more natural look+a glo+it moisturizes as the foundation is too dry for my skin! It has good coverage but does not make you look 100% poreless! It's really cheap, I won't buy it again tho!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst ds foundation I have bought in a long time! I got warm sand because it was the lighest shade with yellow undertones. I discovered what oxidize finally means! My face turned an ompa lompa orange, I kid not. It also looked really cakey and my pores looked huge. Yikes! Kinda bummed out because I'd read so many good reviews and at such dirt cheap price:( This foundation might work for someone who has minimal skin problems and maybe pink undertoned?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by valley20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 43 years old and up until now, have NEVER found a foundation that was the holy grail for me...until now! I've tried high-end and cheap brands and nothing ever looked right...i've thrown out several dozens of bottles over the years. Either the colors were wrong, they looked cakey or made me break out. My daughter purchased a bottle of Rimmel Clean Finish at Walmart for less than 4 bucks and didnt like the color and offered it to me so I tried it, not expecting it to be any good and I was shocked then thrilled with it. It went on smoothly and didnt feel cakey. It evens out my skin tone and brightens my complexion and I dont get that cakey look around my nostrils like other products give me. This is just what I have always wanted, a foundation that gives me a naturally smooth look without looking like I am wearing it. You have to look hard to see that I have it on, yet the improvement in the way my skin looks is definitely noticeable. I'm a happy girl!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by bethy999

This will be a staple in my makeup bag from now on. I tried this on a whim and was in a lot of doubt since I'm pretty fair-skinned with combination type skin it's always hard to find a foundation that works for me (and matches). I use this with Rimmel Fix & Perfect primer. After letting the primer sit on my face and absorb for 5 minutes I put this foundation on, it has a cool little stick applicator attached to the lid that makes it easy to apply (no more yucky sponges) and it looks flawless. Matches my skin, and doesn't leave streaks. I've been using this for 3 weeks now and my skin isn't anymore oily so that's a huge plus. Love this stuff!