Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysillicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon 12, Sythetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Calcium Aluminum Borosillicate, Silica, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5, Black 2, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 40

on 4/10/2012 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

EDIT: Ok, so I think I get what is so magical about this now. It really is that lid color. It's so unique and alluring. Its like, taupe/grey./lilac. It's pretty weird, but it works!
* * *
Is there something that i'm missing here...?
I hate to rain on this parade, but this palette just didn't dazzle me. I love all the WnW palette's because their shadows are so pigmented and vibrant; this one is the only exception. It's not terrible, but this combination of shades just don't suit eachother. When blended together it kinda just looks like this "murkey water" smokey eye. Although all the colors are beautiful on their own (especially that unique taupe shade), I was not impressed :/ Must go back and buy my "Walking on Egg Shells" palette- My fav!

on 4/10/2012 8:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Well, I've had this palette for over a year now, just pulled it out and started using it the other day and I'm in love! Believe the hype..this is an awesome palette. I will say that I am tempted to break the darn lid off and throw it out!! It's very difficult to open and I always ruin the polish on my thumnail opening it...I suppose depotting would solve that problem, yes? :)

on 3/9/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

The colors in this quad were ashy against my NC50/NW45 skintone. The taupey lavender color turned out to be white when applied even with a base. The peachy pink shade gave me the same result. However the dark plum brown was amazing and use it to deepen the crease when I wear purple looks and don't want to use a purple in the crease.

on 3/8/2012 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this stuff! I reach for it daily when I just want some basic eye color. Pigment is amazing for the price ( especially the middle crase color!) Last all day, no creasing. Creates a wonderful daily smokey eye too! Just ignore the crappy sponge and brush it comes with. Would recommend, and will buy again.

on 2/18/2012 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a neutral palette for those gals that like pop!

The browbone color is super pigmented and a wearable baby pink. It is a little powdery, but not so much that it isn't easy enough to work with.

The crease color is nice, but it is not as outstanding as the other 2 colors. It would take a little bit to make it opaque for a super dark smoky look

The taupe is what totally MAKES this palette. It is buttery, not powdery, opaque, and drop dead gorgeous!

on 2/16/2012 11:13:00 PM

The bottom shadow in this trio is the best thing since Stila discontinued Dapple. Outstanding! Don't let the cheap packaging fool you, these shadows are really fantastic. Very blendable, long-wearing, and the texture/finish is just lovely.

on 2/14/2012 1:56:00 PM

What you would expect for a 2.99 drugstore eyeshadow!

on 2/5/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my absolute FAVORITE Wet N' Wild trio, and that's saying something because I love all of them. The browbone color is a very light, shimmery pink. I have cool skin and it barely picks up any color but is an effective highlight. The crease color is INSANE... You need one tiny TAP, not even a swipe, of color to do your whole crease. The pigmentation is out of this world. But the best part of this is the lid color... I'm going to buy this palette again just to make sure I have a backup of that gorgeous, taupe-y shade. It's so beautiful and flattering. You can wear it during the day with a light hand or smoke it out for a more dramatic look. Wet N' Wild kills the competition as far as eyeshadows go as far as quality AND price is concerned.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I must be colour blind b/c I always thought that taupe shade was lilac. Lol! Doesn't matter b/c it truly is a unique and beautiful colour. My only gripe w/ this trio and the others is that I would have preferred a matte highlight and/or matte crease. Oh..and I travel everyday w/ my m/u b/c I'm always in such a morning rush but my trio has since shattered. Only the black is in tact. However, I will still repurchase b/c the trio works wonders for my brown eyes and NC 35-NC 40 skintone.

on 2/2/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The bottom taupe shadow in this trio is my default shadow. It's a satin taupe with cool purplish undertones that make my hazel eyes really pop. Most taupes just end up looking muddy on me and make my eyes look like a dull brown. It's an absolutely perfect shade for a wash of color over the lid that never looks overdone. The texture of these shadows is very buttery and pigmented, but they tend to break easily. The top pink shadow is a nice but frosty color that isn't as pigmented as I've come to expect from this brand. The deep shimmery brown crease color is very pigmented and similar to the brown in the 'I'm getting sunburned' trio with cooler-toned shimmer than the gold in the sunburned trio. I wish they made the taupe color in a single but I will buy this palette over and over again and hope they never discontinue it!