April 17, 2014 | 1850 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Chellemakepeace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love these lipsticks! Great color range and I have four. I was pleasantly surprised! Feel so soft...totally recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jkitty1110

I received 2 samples of this product for free as a BzzAgent. Normally I don't wear lipstick I use liner and gloss. I loved the texture of this lipstick, it didn't taste weird and it didn't dry up and flake off. I let a friend try it and she put it on the morning and the next time I saw her in the afternoon it was still almost all on.The packaging of the tube is very pretty for a less expensive lipstick. I would purchase this lipstick in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by leyla110

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Dazzle. The display said "rich color", but i don't agree (at least with this particular color). I had to apply 3 layers for it to be pigmented enough. It felt good on and did not seem drying. But, as another mentioned, it wore off quicker than I anticipated and always left what looked like liner around my lips. Other colors may be better, but I don't think i'm going to give it another shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Crystalg815

I have never really worn lipstick before but always wanted to try it out. As a bzzagent I received two samples of the colors hypnotic and spellbound. I tried both on and decided that hypnotic was more my color as a first time lipstick wearer, although I do love the spellbound shade. Apart from the colors, the feeling of having the lipstick on is great, it doesn't feel sticky nor does it dry up on your lips; its perfection!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by arj1024

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have 3 of these in Soulmate, Euphoria, and Romance. I find the color on the end of the tube doesn't exactly match the color of the lipstick. I thought I would love Soulmate and Euphoria, but they were much brighter on (a little too bright for my taste). However, I bought Romance (a light pinkish-brown nude) because I wanted to try the idea that your ideal lip color is 2 shades darker than your natural lip color. I think my lips are ugly naturally, and usually go for shimmery violets. I didn't think I would like it, but I was wrong. It makes my lips look so pretty! It seemed to dry out my lips a little, and I will not wear the same color for 7 days in a row, so I do not know if their 7-day lip perfection claim will hold true. Third time's the charm...Thanks Covergirl!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great and creamy lipstick...THAT TASTES LIKE POISON. Seriously. I've been wearing lipstick for about 25 years now, many brands, and nothing has ever tasted this horrible. It's extremely bitter and chemical--like how I would imagine bug spray or maybe nail polish remover might taste. It was so bad that after an hour I had to take it off. Whatever is causing that flavor can NOT be good for you. So in spite of this being a great lipstick in every other respect, I can't use it.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lip Perfection has a silken, featherlight texture that glides effortlessly onto the lips. This does not have the unctuous, balmy slip of a more moisturizing lipstick, but one that's clearly designed for for decent longevity and pigmentation in addition to a comfortable wear. The scent is a faintly marshmallow, and oddly picks up a musk note once on my lips. Keep in mind, the clear "bottom" is misleading; the actual product is approximately two notches less saturated. Overall, Lip Perfection reminds me very strongly of Chanel's Rouge Coco formula, with one crucial difference: lower-quality pigment, not so finely milled.

This difference is particularly manifest in the shade I bought, Soulmate, a festive raspberry pink, laced heavily with a pale frost and gold sparkle. The shimmer takes the edge off the bold raspberry base, but using coarse pearls this lavishly is not very tasteful. After applying straight from the tube, I lift off some pigment by working Soulmate into my lips with a brush. NARS Christina is better executed example of a raspberry pink with a high gold frost. It's a shame, because Lip Perfection is the superior formula; I hope Soulmate is merely an outlier within a lineup of more wearable finishes. Kudos to the formula, not a fan of this color.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

2nd EDIT: Some of these went rancid with a really nasty soapy smell. :( I would not repurchase (down to 4 stars).

EDIT: I just did the 7-day test! I still LOVE these lipsticks and I picked up Siren as well - a gorgeous fuchsia with small gold micro-flecks. This definitely doesn’t DRY out my lips. Of course this won’t replace chapstick (and I would still apply chapstick/lipbalm during the day) but the reapplying for this is almost NIL – I’ve only had to reapply twice a day AT MOST after eating lunch and then drinking constantly at my desk. I feel that the condition of my lips are improved from just wearing regular l/s or l/g throughout the day.

This is exactly how a lipstick should FEEL. Finding the right color is a different story... So far, I own 4 of these - Hot, Heavenly, Fairytale, and Sultry. (I originally bought Romance, Precious, Rich, Rapture, and Verve, returned them at CVS) For reference, I'm brunette brown-eyed NC30.

Hot: bright classic opaque non-shimmer red (looks lighter than the pic with Drew Barrymore) - leaves the PERFECT red bitten stain on my lips. I love it. I'm keeping this l/s JUST for the excellent stain factor.

Fairytale: bright opaque non-shimmer coral (matches beautifully with Revlon's SL l/g in Coral Reef) - also leaves an excellent stain - perfect for summer.

Heavenly: I agree that this looks exactly like NYX Tea Rose - I think this one is a bit more sheer too and I love the coverage. This would be my everyday casual shade.

Sultry: nude with a slightly red tone. I think this shade can be flattering for any skin tone... This will be my go-to l/s office-shade when I mean "business" and want to kick butt at work. This is what I wanted Revlon's CB Soft Rose to be - and this is it. It just has more oompf! - but it's not too distracting or flashy. :)

CONS: colors on the bottom of the tube are super misleading IMO. They're either very frosty or too bright, so be sure you buy this from a ds with a friendly return policy - then you'll be fine.

PROS: perfect stain as the day wears on, I never have to worry about my color, so far my lips haven't dried out - I'll edit after a week or so of trying this everyday at work to see if the "perfection" lives up to the hype. The smell is pretty good - like a light waxy chapstick vanilla smell that I don't notice after 10 minutes. The feel is a bit waxy like a chapstick, and after 30 seconds I barely recognize that I'm even wearing l/s and my lips aren't dry feeling. I don’t feel any gritty-ness that other users have complained about… Of any lipstick I have ever worn – these feel excellent!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by eaugirlspirit

This review is for lip perfection in shade "heavenly". I hate the smell of the product, and while I am glad I tried it, I was basically looking for a dupe of Maybelline's color sensational in "warm me up"...I'll stick to warm me up...it's the perfect shade for my complexion...brownish mauvish pink
Heavenly is too- orangey pink.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by kathyscrapper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this at RiteAide for $7.19 at 40% off plus $1.00 coupon, so it was a bargain at $3.99. There is a great color selection divided into different color palettes. I chose 260 Heavenly Paradisiaque (how do you pronounce that?) from the neutral palette. This color is pinkish, shiny with no frost. I found the color of the actual lipstick to be very close to the color on the bottom of the tube. Application was very smooth and more creamy than I am used to with my favorite Moon Drops and Avon. BUT something kept bugging me after I put it on and I realized it smelled and tasted terrible. The creamy feel lasted for about an hour and then it seemed to wear off leaving my lips stained and dry feeling. When I went to take my makeup off later that evening it had stained into the those little aging lines around my lips-not a pretty sight. I think some colors in the same line can feel different and this may be the reason I'm not so feeling this lipstick like the other reviewers. I probably won't buy this again, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from at least trying it, if you can get it this cheap. I think this is going back to Rite Aide though.