October 1, 2014 | 1088 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Crispyhexagon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After months of eyeing it at the store I finally bought this in Feline which was one of my color matched shades,, I actually really like color matching that product companies offer because I really don't know crap about makeup.. thankfully I'm not too hard to look at without it.. lol...

Anywho.. I love the texture,, it's smooth and not heavy ,, it's what I would call radiant,, not frosty ,, frosty to me is an 80's lipstick thing,, if you remember 80's lipstick you know FROSTY,, it's a springy shade of pink but not too bright as to clash with my hair , this will def be coming out of my lipstick pocket often . I find the older I get the more I like lipstick that's light on the lips as opposed to thick which tends to settle and form lines in my lips that otherwise aren't there even w/o makeup..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by cottonpickincute

I was really happy with the creamy feel of this lipstick. After years of wearing long lasting lipsticks and lip glosses this was a much need change. It gave me more coverage than the glosses yet was not drying like other lipsticks. And in this economy the price is in my budget. Overpriced makeup is no longer an option or a desire. I will be buying Cover Girl's Lip Perfection again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in Spellbound, which is a fuchsia creme lipstick, very blue based. First, the cons:
-This product has a plastic-y scent/taste that doesn't bother me too much but can get unpleasant.
-This can be a pro to some, but this lipstick stains my lips. I've never had this happen with any other lipstick, even the super dark, vibrant colors. Even with makeup remover or cleanser, a distinct hot pink stain is left on my lips for a few hours, which contributes to longevity but definitely isn't something I look for in lipstick.
-Can slip around without lipliner
-Paid $10CA at a local Rexall Drugstore, higher than what I would have paid for a normal Covergirl product but I was still suffering from the winter blues and desperate for a spring-like perk and was curious about the product

Pros:
-Lasts a few hours very well, I reapply every few hours just in case but I can do without
-Super vibrant color, gorgeous!
-Sleek, easy-to-find casing that's very cute, not obviously Drugstore-y
-does not dry lips out- in fact, moisturizes

Overall, I'd love to try out more shades, but probably a few months after when the price drops a but because it's not a miracle product. It performs well and delivers its promises.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have 4 of these because I am so impressed with the formula. It's not drying and has decent staying power. I'm also able to use the brighter shades as more of a stain which I really like. Spellbound and Eternal are the best for this. I apply it and blot almost all of it off and I have the perfect stain. They are nicely pigmented. I buy them where there are testers because really, no packaging or label will ever really be truly representative of the colour on skin. Unlike most reviewers here I love the packaging because the bottom colours still allow you to pick out the colour when they are turned upside down in a box or partitioned l/s holder. I think these are brilliant and will buy more. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I detest lippies that have any perfume taste and these are quite neutral with a slight vanilla sent that fades quickly. CG really nailed this one in my opinion especially for the price which in Canada is about $8.99 when on sale ($2.00 off).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by asc09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The COVERGIRL Lip Perfection(tm) is a moisturizing lipstick that really doesn't require you to wear any lip primer. However, this color is pretty hideous. It looks nothing like this picture and on top of that, it has a really tacky shimmer to it. It was sent to me as part of a BzzAgent.com BzzCampaign, but I just didn't dig the color and I can't imagine it looking good on anybody else. I'm going to check out some other colors that will hopefully work out better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by puhcho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipcolor and I love it. I received it from Bzzagent. I use it almost everday , it is shiny and last long. I recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

Lip Perfection is an awesome line of lipstick, and really impressive for a drug store brand. I got Flame and Hot Passion - great bright red shades with a matte finish. Very retro. What I like about these lipsticks is that they have such great pigment and stain so the colour lasts (really lasts... you need makeup remover to take it off). I like to gently tap it on my lips or blot for a stained look. They aren't drying either.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Chellemakepeace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love these lipsticks! Great color range and I have four. I was pleasantly surprised! Feel so soft...totally recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by jkitty1110

I received 2 samples of this product for free as a BzzAgent. Normally I don't wear lipstick I use liner and gloss. I loved the texture of this lipstick, it didn't taste weird and it didn't dry up and flake off. I let a friend try it and she put it on the morning and the next time I saw her in the afternoon it was still almost all on.The packaging of the tube is very pretty for a less expensive lipstick. I would purchase this lipstick in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by leyla110

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Dazzle. The display said "rich color", but i don't agree (at least with this particular color). I had to apply 3 layers for it to be pigmented enough. It felt good on and did not seem drying. But, as another mentioned, it wore off quicker than I anticipated and always left what looked like liner around my lips. Other colors may be better, but I don't think i'm going to give it another shot.