September 2, 2014 | 1868 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by loverofgrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to have these bumps on my cheeks and forehead that weren't pimples but just harmless little bumps that looked nasty. I use this with my St. Ives Apricot Scrub and with my Cetaphil daily facial cleanser, switching off every other night. The bumps have reduced and my blackheads have also reduced along with the dry patches of skin around my nose. Although I think the brush can be softer, overall I would recommend this product. But do not use the cleanser it comes with because it isn't effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by JthmLnr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so first of all...I LOVE THIS!! During the winter I get dry, flaking skin and this does not make my skin feel tight at all. Before I got this I exfoliated regularly, but I still didn't see any reduction in the flakiness...but this product has even made a difference in that! I also have fairly sensitive skin and nearly every cleansing product I use leaves my skin very red after I shower. When I purchased this I was pretty sure it was also going to leave my skin irritated, but it's the complete opposite! I use this with my Cetaphil cleanser which has been the perfect combo for my skin. I love Cetaphil, but I find when I use it my skin just doesn't feel as clean as I would like, so this product is the perfect addition. I did try using the cleanser that comes with it and it left my skin very tight and itchy, so if you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend using it. I have found that using it on the higher setting leaves my skin a little tight feeling so I love that it has a lower speed setting. I've only been using this for a few days but I've already noticed a huge difference in my skin! After I use this my skin is actually less red than it usually would be (I have no explanation for that but hey, I'm not complaining!) This makes my skin look more radiant and feel more supple. Ok I'm saving the best for last! Recently I've noticed my pores have been appearing bigger, and this has already helped to tighten them. The part I'm the most excited about is the reduction of my black heads. Unfortunately, I've been struggling with "strawberry nose" since I was an early teen and this is literally the only thing that has worked. I've tried everything out there for black heads, and they'd work for a day or two but then they'd come right back. I've noticed a HUGE reduction of the black heads on my nose as well as on the rest of my face and it just gets better every day! I think this product is definitely worth trying if you don't want to spend the money on a Clarisonic. I can see it being suitable for all skin types. If you have very sensitive skin it may be a bit too harsh, but it doesn't irritate my moderately sensitive skin at all. Oh, one thing I forgot to mention! I like to use it over my lips as a light exfoliation and it works great for that as well. Overall I think this product would be great for anyone who has some skin concerns that you just can't seem to clear up with a normal cleansing routine. I hope this helps you guys! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by ibeforee

Omg I would die without this. I can't believe what a difference this has made on my skin! For reference, i have very oily and acne prone skin. My skin has always been bad. I bought this on a whim and am so happy I did. I never knew how much dirt and makeup was left on my skin at the end of the day! I've been using this for about two months and my skin is in the best shape, I wear less makeup, get little to no blemishes and I will never be without this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by edgarlee91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so i went to my neighborhood cvs and bought this product cause i was not going to spend $200 on a clarisonic i would love but too expensive. so its been 2 weeks and my pores are minimized blackheads are gone skin is firm baby soft and smooth so glad i chose this product. i didnt use the cleanser it came with cause i didnt know if it would be harsh on my skin. but it works great with my Simple smoothing facial scrub:) i would so recommend this product to anyone who wants great skin at an afforadable price!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Hancocsp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product today, and just tried it out 20 minutes ago. Maybe I should wait to review....but I used my own facial scrub bc I am so sensitive I didn't know what the one it came with would do to my skin. After the first time, my skin feels really moisturized and I still haven't put any moisturizer on my usual very very dry skin. Feels so soft and smooth!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Sadly, I am one of the people who did not see any results with this product. I purchased the product (at a discount, thank God) and Harmon's, hoping that it would be a cheap doppelganger of the Clairsonic brush that everybody raves about (that I am not about the spend $200 dollars on). Wrong. I gave this brush a fair shot. I used it in the shower and at the sink. I used it with the scrub it comes with, and with my normal cleanser. I sterilized the brush after every use. I took good care of it and never dropped it. After using it for an extended period (over three months), I do not see any results. I tried using it more frequently to see if I needed to use it more consistently, but that did not seem to be the problem. All in all, I have not had any negative reactions as a result of this purchase. My skin is acne-prone and I did not see an increase in acne or irritation. However, this brush did not improve/prevent acne for me either. I do not think that Olay can justify selling what is essentially a trumped up 99 cent brush for thirty dollars plus tax. I am giving this product two stars because the brush does feel nice on my face and I enjoy using it, but overall I do not think it lives up to its reputation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

To start off, I'm not one who is easily impressed by skin care products. Many of them irritate my sensitive skin or break me out, as I have very oily & acne-prone skin. I have no complaints about the Pro-X brush, it does what it's supposed to do and my skin loves it! I don't use the exfoliating cleanser that comes with it because the brush provides enough exfoliation on its own, I much prefer Purpose gel cleanser in conjunction with it. The crazy thing is I noticed results on my very first use, which is a first for me! At the time, I had an inflamed pimple on my cheek that was swollen and painful! After a minute of running over my face with the scrubbing brush, I was pleased to find the pimple had shrunken in size once I dried my face. AMAZING. I continue to use this HG product once nightly and it's awesome because it reduces existing pimples and banishes excess oil. Gladly recommend to anyone with oily, acne-prone skin because if it works for me, it will work for you too. May be too drying for those with dry skin just saying!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by imnoreen

I obviously bought this product because I am NOT going to buy a Clarisonic Mia 2. Although I would LOVE to have it, I am not going to spend nearly 200 dollars on it. So I settled with this product, since it is only 30 dollars. I do like it, but on my second and fourth try, the power wasn't always staying on. I always had to hold onto the power button when before I would just press it and the power would just continue. I have a feeling this product will die on me even with new batteries. It does do a good job on removing my makeup tho. I just don't know if I'll buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Fehleeshuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product. Haven't used the cleanser it comes with, but I use it with cetaphil in the mornings and it makes my face feel so clean/smooth. I have hyperpigmentation and very acne-prone skin, so finding this as an alternative to the Clairsonic was fantastic. I bought it at Rite aid for $20 [$10 off the original price] and for that you really can't go wrong with it.

The only problem I found is that it's difficult to use with a face scrub, not because it's abrasive but because the brush head is difficult to rinse out/clean. But replacement heads are fairly cheap so I don't really mind it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by beautygurl011

I sort of like this product overall. The only problem I had was the bristles weren't very soft for me. Some people said the bristles were soft, but I disagree. It irritated my skin. It's sort of expensive, but the packaging and style of it is nice. One thing I liked about it was the soap that comes with it. It made my skin feel very refreshed. I wouldn't buy it again because I don't use it daily, but I would recommend it overall.