April 20, 2014 | 1799 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by indiajane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely HATED this. I'm sure it would work for other people but it did absolutely nothing for oil control, in fact I went without this powder for a day (I wear Revlon Colorstay Liquid foundation in the oily/combo formula) and I was actually LESS oily than I was when I wore it! Light coverage, cakey no matter which method I used to apply it. Oh, and it has some sparkle, which I don't want in my powders. However, my mom commented on my skin and told me it looked lovely and dewy so if that's the look you're going for then you should probably give this a shot. Not sure if its just my lighting but this powder seemed to oxidize too. No me gusta.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Eh. This will not mattify your face and it is very sheer you will not get any added coverage. But it will tone down some shine and set your makeup without caking. I purchased a different powder because I just wasn't satisfied enough with it to use it up though. :/ no thanks for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by indigoanatomy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne scars, pimples, and incredibly oily skin. This product has great coverage and keeps my skin oil-free! It even lasts all day at school.

However, I would NOT recommend the Fit Me Foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by curlylaura

This is a pretty good powder. It gives my skin a glow. It doesn't turn orange on me or cake up. I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I got this in 110, and I just don't like the color match. I'm really fair (about nc15) with warm undertones, and this seems too light and pink for me. It emphasizes my pores, and it's very obvious I'm wearing powder when I use it. It almost makes my skin look ashy. I kind of like the liquid fit me foundation, but this powder doesn't look good when worn on top it it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Lotus5

I got this foundation as a last resort when I couldn't find my Revlon color stay. As far as matching goes 110 is a very close match. But... this foundation is much to light coverage for me. Especially with my acne scars and it is so GREASY! and 10 minutes outside this will sweat off. Ontop of all of that I'm certain it has broken my out even more than I was! Gross! I recommend this for someone who lives in cold weather and needs light coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this because for one, I thought it'd be similar to Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, and two, I wanted something that looked more visually appealing than all the other bad-, cheap-looking powders at the drugstore. Well, the plastic on Fit Me looks cheap but the design itself is pretty neat.
So I got it in the shade 235 Pure Beige, which isn't a good match for me. I'm NC35 in MAC, with slight golden undertones. 235 is too light and too pink for me. Next time, if there is a next time, I'll get 310 Sun Beige or 315 Soft Honey.
Otherwise, the quality of this powder is alright. It's finely milled, but the finish isn't matte at all. It's somewhat of a satin-ish finish. I wouldn't say it's natural (too matte to be natural). Because of its finish, it doesn't control oil at all. And that's where it falls short in my expectations--I expected it to be like Maybelline Dream Matte Powder, which controls oil, but it doesn't. It temporarily somewhat fixes a little bit of the shine, and then 10 minutes later I go back to looking shiny again.
The coverage, to me, is light-to-medium. I was rather surprised when I read that everybody said it has sheer coverage. Fit Me, IMO, has more coverage than Dream Matte does. Dream Matte is sheer. Fit Me had enough coverage to cover up minor blemishes, and it was opaque enough that you could tell that the shade didn't match my skin (lol).
But, really, choosing shades shouldn't be a huge problem. It comes in 18 shades. Maybelline still needs to come out with darker shades though--that's their BIGGEST problem. I'm hardly tanned and the darkest shade in most of their products are too light for me.
As for the packaging, I don't like how the powder puff and mirror is on the bottom. It seems like EVERY drugstore powder is like that nowadays. Wtf? It's a hassle to have to go to the bottom compartment, get the puff, flip it back to the top, dab on product, then flip back to the bottom to apply it in the mirror. I understand that Maybelline wants consumers to be able to view the shade from the window on the lid, but it's annoying.
Would I repurchase? Most likely not.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by rosalynxrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and lots of acne scars around my cheeks. With this powder I only wear a BB cream and concealer underneath and it has great coverage; something that is hard to find with my scars. This powder has the only color I've found that matches my skin the best, but its still either a little too dark or a little too light. I've recently started breaking out again and my skin has been sensitive to certain products, so I am trying a more expensive brand for now but if it doesn't work out I'm definitely coming back to Fit Me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This covers so natural and even!! ive tried everythinggg from expensive to non and i finally found this! ive been using it for about a year and half now and will never buy anything else. Its great for my sensitive skin too! i use it everyday without fail and will use it until they dont make it anymore!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by katiemac0312

I love this powder. I love how it lets your skin breath, and isn't cakey at all. I do suggest getting one a shade darker than your skin tone, unless your like me and want it to even out the tanned parts of your face. Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with this product.