September 1, 2014 | 1040 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, acne prone, full makeup face w/ waterproof SPF and mascara.

3/22/13 Update: I've worked thru almost 2 bottles from Trader Joe's over the past year. My summary:
1. Finished the 1st bottle as a makeup remover, yes it does the job with some firm rubbing and rolling before hopping in for the evening shower to be followed up w/ cleanser. I wouldn't say it's pore clogging, but it certainly didn't help my skin in anyway so neutral on that front. That said, even with a double cleanse, there always was makeup found during my toning step.
2. My 2nd bottle has primarily been a great after shower moisturizer. I add fragrance oils (love etailer Cocoa Pink, popular on the Bath board here) and mix w/ jojoba oil to slather on after the shower. Sinks in. I just tried Sweet Almond Oil w/ VitE, and you def feel a difference (this did not sink in.. felt slick all night).
3. I would rebuy for a body oil mixed w/ my favorite scent, and only an emergency makeup remover. I've found Bioderma (pink cap) or the Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser is passing the makeup on toner pad test.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Review is solely as a makeup remover. Did not cause any breakouts unlike mineral and olive oil (YMMV). Requires a bit more work than Fancl mild cleansing oil, but you eventually get your makeup off. Will blur your vision if it gets into your eyes, and it will require a double cleanse w/ a regular face wash to remove the oil off your face (remember water and oil does not mix).

So if on a budget, I'd recommend this b/c the Trader Joe's bottle is ~$6 and Fancl is ~$30.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Jojoba oil is amazing. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin that gets super dry from sulfur and tea tree oil and this is seriously the best thing ever. I usually don't use it straight (unless I'm crazy dry), but I mix with a rosewater spray. Been using jojoba oil for many years now and can't live without it! It is literally the only thing on the planet that I have stuck with for this long because it never lets me down.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by LogicallyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, love jojoba oil in general, as does my skin. I use this on my hair, on my face whenever my skin feels like it needs a little pick-me-up. Five drops is all you need if applying it to your face, and it really helps to apply it to your skin when it's still damp. LOVE jojoba oil. I transfer it into a glass dropper bottle when I buy it so it's easy to dispense, and sometimes add a drop of lavender or peppermint to the bottle for a bit of aromatherapy. One drop rubbed into palms is also a great frizz/fly away reducer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ehnyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why waste nearly $70 on BB face oil when you can get jojoba oil for like $7- $10. I get mine from my mom's esthetician because she buys the stuff by the gallon and sells it cheaper in glass pump bottles, but desert essence and trader joes are both great. I've always had dry skin and mild eczema until I started using this, and at this point have stopped buying body and face lotions, conditioners, and eye makeup remover. My nails are stronger, my hair is shinier, and I no longer get dry patches on my forehead during the winter. I know people who have gotten rid of their acne with it.

IMPORTANT: you really need to research how to use this stuff properly before you rub it all over yourself and then whine online about how it doesn't work, isn't your "HG", or (my favorite) made you entire body erupt into a disgusting oozy crop of cystic acne. I recommend that you consult Mr. Google. **A great start is Crunchy Betty's blog: it includes instructions as well as an explanation of how it works.

For dry skin: while this oil will not clog your pores, it works by sealing in moisture. This means it can also seal out moisture. So following that logic, if you put it on parched skin it will keep it parched... put it on while your face it's still damp after you've washed it or misted it. I like to keep my bottle in the shower and apply it all over my face and body just after I've patted myself mostly dry. If you're worried that you put too much on, let it "baste" for a minute and then tissue the rest off.

And don't forget to drink water throughout the day long for skin that's healthy below the surface!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by idkmaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great product! It moisturizes very well and leaves my skin dewy. I do have to follow up with a couple blotting sheets about half hour after using this when I put sunscreen on following it, but I expected that. The dewy-ness comes after I blot post-sunscreen. No break outs. In fact, this has greatly improved the texture of my skin. Very versatile in the way I can use it as an eye makeup remover too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by xtinaaj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I use it in my night routine after cleansing my face. I put a few drops on my hands, rub them together and pat it in my skin. By morning my face is really moisturized without being oily. It also worked great for my complexion, it evened out my skintone.
I also use this in my hair. Once a week I rub the oil on my scalp and the ends of my hair. I go to sleep like that and wash it out in the morning. My hair feels SO moisturized and looks healthy and shiny. When I'm in between wash days, I put a little on the ends of my hair, makes it look much better!
Definitely recommend this product if you're looking for a multipurpose product that is great quality for a reasonable price!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am using a brand made from Trader Joe's, but not exactly this brand.
I don't think there is any better oil than jojoba for my acne- prone, flaky and oily skin. I use this at night to cleanse my face. I just wet my face with water, pour some jojoba oil on my hands and gently rub it around my face for around a minute, then rinse with water. I then apply it in conjunction with another oil I have and in the morning my skin is softer than anything I've ever felt. I literally wake up in the morning feeling the side of my face because it is so soft.
In the morning I put a tiny bit on my face to moisturize and it works throughout the day also.
For the hair I will leave it on overnight and wash it through twice in the morning to get all the oils out.
I use this on my brows, hair, body, lips, etc.. I really don't think there is anything I don't use it on. It is a freaking amazing oil that people should know more about!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not using Desert Essence brand, but I don't think it really matters. I have dry reactive skin with mild rosacea. My skin is also very thin thanks to my scottish ancestry.

I've started using jojoba oil a year ago. I've read different natural theories and after experimenting I've came to the conclusion that with my skin type less is more. I rarely exfoliate, I do not put oil at night to let my skin breathe, I clean only at night with the oil cleansing method (Using sunflower and castor oil). In the morning I spray my face with cold rosewater mixed with a bit of glycerine, and then I put straight jojoba oil. My skin is really less dry, more glowy and less red.

Jojoba oil can also be mixed with your favorite oils if you are on a budget and it's still fabulous. I've started mixing one part of jojoba, one of avocado oil and one of sweet almond oil. It's even better and cheaper too! I know a lot of you don't like the bottle, what I do is put it in a dark glass bottle with a pomp.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a general review for 100% jojoba oil, not specifically this brand.

Oh WOW, is what I have to say. It's a perfect moisturizer for days when you're not going to wear any make-up: its what I wear at home when I know I'm going to be lounging around for most part of the day. I have combination skin that gets oily in the t-zone within just 3 hours. Just 2 drops of this, rub it into the your palms well and pat it into your face gently sweeping outwards. The best part is my whole face felt so comfortable all day, and didn't get excessively shiny - just a healthy dewy look!

DEFINITELY try this no matter what your skin type. If all fails, it still makes a perfect nighttime moisturizer for your skin or an excellent make-up remover. A few drops onto a cotton pad, let it sit on your face for a minute, press down gently on your skin and sweep outwards, and most of your make-up comes right off!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by blondi530

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has been a miracle cure for my skin. I have tried everything for my adult acne. Proactiv, Clearskin, Avene, Aveeno, Prescription meds and nothing worked most of them made it worse. I do not review items as I would tend not to be impressed with most things. But Braggs apple cider vinegar & Jojoba Oil has changed my life, after 3 weeks my cystic acne has cleared. I cant stop looking at my skin. This has been a long road for me, I have had this acne for the last 4 years and have been to many dermatologists and also herbal healers. I have taken many supplements and vitamins to try and help my skin and while some herbal remedies made it slightly better i always continued to break out. Through much research i began a new all natural routine. If i have makeup on I use a Faith in nature seaweed soap to remove it, then do a small cleanse with light coloured organic honey, when i have more time i leave the honey on for as long as i can as a mask, your skin will feel so good afterwards. Then as a toner i use a mixture made from 50% Braggs Apple cider vinegar and 50% water. finally to moisturise I use 100% natural organic Jojoba oil. This Regime has worked wonders for my skin i have had no new breakouts and my scars are healing daily, i am delighted with the results and can't believe that dermatologists do not encourage more people to try natural products. I would encourage everyone with Acne problems to try this. If anybody needs any further details just contact me. Good luck!!!

4 months Later this is still working better than anything I have ever tried before!!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No