September 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i dropped all expensive products full of chemical nasties and went for the natural stuff. my skin was oily, red, congested, full of blackheads/whiteheads and i was breaking out regularly. I'm 17 so i thought that was just my teenage bad skin phase, but then i did research actually about what benefits my skin.

as a moisturizer i use a mixture of pure jojoba oil & cocunut oil. the word 'oil' freaked me out but the results are like no other (google both or just look on makeup alley). i tone with lemon juice and i use a clay mask once a week.

My skin is now normal, i have no spots or scars, i breakout about once a month but only very little, my skin tone is completely even & i dont need to wear foundation anymore (but i do anyway sometimes).

amazing results.. not just on skin. try or nourishing hair, dry skin patches, makeup remover etc

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by ciaobellakate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably my most favorite beauty product ever. I use pure Australian jojoba oil and love buying this stuff in bulk 500mL bottles. I discovered the benefits of jojoba after a severe bout of acne and was literally at the end of my tether. I went online and read all of the good reviews, figured my skin was bad enough already and that I had nothing to lose, and bought a bottle and slathered some straight on to my blemishes. My skin began to feel soft, no longer tight, and less congested. In conjunction with the ocp and antibiotics my acne completely cleared within 2 months!

I have been using it now for 3 years and LOVE it. On my face I use it as an eye makeup remover, cleanser and moisturizer. A few drops on a wet face is sufficient so a little goes a long way. Use a little more for makeup removal, with a wet face cloth gently massaging in circular motions. This method is also great for any dry flakes.

I also use it as a hair treatment, cuticle oil, body moisturizer, shaving medium, massage oil. I add some in a bath with a few drops of lavender.

If you haven't tried jojoba, you are seriously missing out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, acne prone, full makeup face w/ waterproof SPF and mascara.

3/22/13 Update: I've worked thru almost 2 bottles from Trader Joe's over the past year. My summary:
1. Finished the 1st bottle as a makeup remover, yes it does the job with some firm rubbing and rolling before hopping in for the evening shower to be followed up w/ cleanser. I wouldn't say it's pore clogging, but it certainly didn't help my skin in anyway so neutral on that front. That said, even with a double cleanse, there always was makeup found during my toning step.
2. My 2nd bottle has primarily been a great after shower moisturizer. I add fragrance oils (love etailer Cocoa Pink, popular on the Bath board here) and mix w/ jojoba oil to slather on after the shower. Sinks in. I just tried Sweet Almond Oil w/ VitE, and you def feel a difference (this did not sink in.. felt slick all night).
3. I would rebuy for a body oil mixed w/ my favorite scent, and only an emergency makeup remover. I've found Bioderma (pink cap) or the Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser is passing the makeup on toner pad test.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Review is solely as a makeup remover. Did not cause any breakouts unlike mineral and olive oil (YMMV). Requires a bit more work than Fancl mild cleansing oil, but you eventually get your makeup off. Will blur your vision if it gets into your eyes, and it will require a double cleanse w/ a regular face wash to remove the oil off your face (remember water and oil does not mix).

So if on a budget, I'd recommend this b/c the Trader Joe's bottle is ~$6 and Fancl is ~$30.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Jojoba oil is amazing. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin that gets super dry from sulfur and tea tree oil and this is seriously the best thing ever. I usually don't use it straight (unless I'm crazy dry), but I mix with a rosewater spray. Been using jojoba oil for many years now and can't live without it! It is literally the only thing on the planet that I have stuck with for this long because it never lets me down.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by LogicallyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, love jojoba oil in general, as does my skin. I use this on my hair, on my face whenever my skin feels like it needs a little pick-me-up. Five drops is all you need if applying it to your face, and it really helps to apply it to your skin when it's still damp. LOVE jojoba oil. I transfer it into a glass dropper bottle when I buy it so it's easy to dispense, and sometimes add a drop of lavender or peppermint to the bottle for a bit of aromatherapy. One drop rubbed into palms is also a great frizz/fly away reducer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ehnyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why waste nearly $70 on BB face oil when you can get jojoba oil for like $7- $10. I get mine from my mom's esthetician because she buys the stuff by the gallon and sells it cheaper in glass pump bottles, but desert essence and trader joes are both great. I've always had dry skin and mild eczema until I started using this, and at this point have stopped buying body and face lotions, conditioners, and eye makeup remover. My nails are stronger, my hair is shinier, and I no longer get dry patches on my forehead during the winter. I know people who have gotten rid of their acne with it.

IMPORTANT: you really need to research how to use this stuff properly before you rub it all over yourself and then whine online about how it doesn't work, isn't your "HG", or (my favorite) made you entire body erupt into a disgusting oozy crop of cystic acne. I recommend that you consult Mr. Google. **A great start is Crunchy Betty's blog: it includes instructions as well as an explanation of how it works.

For dry skin: while this oil will not clog your pores, it works by sealing in moisture. This means it can also seal out moisture. So following that logic, if you put it on parched skin it will keep it parched... put it on while your face it's still damp after you've washed it or misted it. I like to keep my bottle in the shower and apply it all over my face and body just after I've patted myself mostly dry. If you're worried that you put too much on, let it "baste" for a minute and then tissue the rest off.

And don't forget to drink water throughout the day long for skin that's healthy below the surface!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by idkmaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great product! It moisturizes very well and leaves my skin dewy. I do have to follow up with a couple blotting sheets about half hour after using this when I put sunscreen on following it, but I expected that. The dewy-ness comes after I blot post-sunscreen. No break outs. In fact, this has greatly improved the texture of my skin. Very versatile in the way I can use it as an eye makeup remover too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by xtinaaj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I use it in my night routine after cleansing my face. I put a few drops on my hands, rub them together and pat it in my skin. By morning my face is really moisturized without being oily. It also worked great for my complexion, it evened out my skintone.
I also use this in my hair. Once a week I rub the oil on my scalp and the ends of my hair. I go to sleep like that and wash it out in the morning. My hair feels SO moisturized and looks healthy and shiny. When I'm in between wash days, I put a little on the ends of my hair, makes it look much better!
Definitely recommend this product if you're looking for a multipurpose product that is great quality for a reasonable price!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am using a brand made from Trader Joe's, but not exactly this brand.
I don't think there is any better oil than jojoba for my acne- prone, flaky and oily skin. I use this at night to cleanse my face. I just wet my face with water, pour some jojoba oil on my hands and gently rub it around my face for around a minute, then rinse with water. I then apply it in conjunction with another oil I have and in the morning my skin is softer than anything I've ever felt. I literally wake up in the morning feeling the side of my face because it is so soft.
In the morning I put a tiny bit on my face to moisturize and it works throughout the day also.
For the hair I will leave it on overnight and wash it through twice in the morning to get all the oils out.
I use this on my brows, hair, body, lips, etc.. I really don't think there is anything I don't use it on. It is a freaking amazing oil that people should know more about!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not using Desert Essence brand, but I don't think it really matters. I have dry reactive skin with mild rosacea. My skin is also very thin thanks to my scottish ancestry.

I've started using jojoba oil a year ago. I've read different natural theories and after experimenting I've came to the conclusion that with my skin type less is more. I rarely exfoliate, I do not put oil at night to let my skin breathe, I clean only at night with the oil cleansing method (Using sunflower and castor oil). In the morning I spray my face with cold rosewater mixed with a bit of glycerine, and then I put straight jojoba oil. My skin is really less dry, more glowy and less red.

Jojoba oil can also be mixed with your favorite oils if you are on a budget and it's still fabulous. I've started mixing one part of jojoba, one of avocado oil and one of sweet almond oil. It's even better and cheaper too! I know a lot of you don't like the bottle, what I do is put it in a dark glass bottle with a pomp.