Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 11/10/2011 9:32:00 PM

Overall, not a big fan of this product. I have oily skin so I usually use a powder foundation, and decided to try this one. The coverage isn't great, and I felt that I was just putting water all over my face, even though it was very dusty and powdery. It felt like a very gimmick-y product to me. :(

I have very a very dry/very oily combination of skin, and this foundation really compliments both of them. I thought that the microglitter would make me not like it because I thought it would equal making me look shiny, but it did not-I was very surprised. It gives me good coverage, but I don't have a lot to cover up. It just makes me look even, and the glitter isn't visible unless you get very close to my face. Most of the time I don't buy things without consulting the reviews, but I took a chance because I knew I could take it back if I hated it. I like the package, and the brush is better than what usually comes with foundations from the drugstore, and I like the cooling feeling. I will probably buy this again, and it's the only foundation that has totally worked with my touchy skin. If you think you'll like it, try it! If you don't, make sure to keep the receipt and find what works for you.

on 10/28/2011 1:44:00 PM

I don't know why people keep saying it covers well, but it doesn't on me. Fyi, I purchased it 2 months ago, I don't know if they have changed the formula eversince. I have plenty of redness and dry skin all around my mouth, this product doesn't help me with the redness, almost no coverage at all, but it works with the dryness which if I use the liquid one will just break me out even worse. I dont feel so annoyed with the shimmering effect, it's not that spark after a while. The brush to me has a good quality but still too small and I get tired applying the powder with that brush, I prefer to use kabuki brush as it will sweep and blend easily. Anyway I still use it to set my other foundation (that covers better) and the result is nice. But as a single foundation, it is dreadful.

I decided to buy this when I was running low on my Bare Minerals and didn't have time to run to Sephora for a replacement. I have oily skin and big pores in certain areas of my face. I noticed some people said that there was a lot of glitter in it and it made them break out. I'm surprised by this since I have acne prone skin and this hasn't broken me out and I haven't noticed any glitter in my product. Maybe they changed the formula after hearing all the complaints? The coverage is good but I will say I use this as a setting powder and not a foundation. I had a really red pimple on my cheek that my foundation couldn't cover that well but this powder covered it beautifully. It hasn't oxidized on my face and that has been a problem for me in the past with certain products. The price was $13 and some change but I got it for 40% off at Rite Aid with their card. I don't know if I would pay full price for it but if it was on sale I would buy it again. The only thing I find lacking is the packaging, I like depotting my mineral foundations into a bigger container so my brush will fit into it and I couldn't figure out how to depot it. If anyone knows let me know!

on 10/21/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PP said pretty much exactly what I was going to: "Sparkles have a place, but *all over* your face isn't one of them. This has glittery bits in it that made me look and feel like a disco ball - awkward anywhere but a party. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about a shimmer, I'm talking about an Edward Cullen all-out-sparkle factor. Seriously, I wouldn't even use that much sparkle in a highlighter. Because of that, I won't be wearing this and wouldn't recommend it to anyone over 16." EXACTLY!! I know that just copy-pasting isn't exactly reviewing it, but I wanted to point out that her review is spot-on.

This stuff SPARKLES. Bad, obnoxious sparkles. I can see how they would think that it would impart a light, luminous sheen, but it doesn't. Even if I could ignore that, which I can't, the coverage is inconsistent, it oxidizes oddly and inconsistently, and the coverage leaves *much* to be desired.

I suffered through most of a container, but I don't think that I'll have any possible use for the rest of what I have except as maybe a highlight or maybe to top a beige-ish/neutral eye look and add some shimmer? I don't know. If anyone's interesting in swapping an almost-used container of this, let me know. ;D

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this after being extremely agitated with liquid foundation and I like it. I love how it looks natural while evening out my skin. So far it hasn't made my skin oily and I think it lasts. However sometimes and can go on a little cakey especially if you are wearing concealer so I won't wear this if I'm broke out.

on 10/18/2011 3:10:00 PM

Ive read so many reviews and watched them on youtube, people generally dislike this product. I freakin love it. Some people complained that it oxidized on them and changed color but I didn't experience that. Granted I use it in combo with a liquid foundation (photo ready) but still, I adore this stuff. I have used it alone but I like coverage because I'm older....regardless I think this stuff is fab. When i first bought it I did almost return it because i dislike the smell but I don't notice it now. So ya, call me weird but I love how it goes on, I love the way it feels, I love how smooth and flawless it makes me look. I used a stippling brush to apply it and I blend like a maniac but ya, will mos def buy again. xo

on 10/12/2011 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the way it felt going on, but it made my chin break out in a crazy way (I have pretty pimple-free skin - so for me to break out means something is terribly wrong). I have to say it didn't surprise me, who knows what kinds of chemicals it takes to make it feel so funky going on. Now I use it to set the concealer in my eye wrinkles... which it does OK at, I guess.

The included brush is a classy touch. :)

Yes, there are some sparkles in it. I didn't really notice them much, though, and anyway I prefer for my face not to look chalky and overly matte.

on 10/2/2011 9:39:00 PM

I was perfectly happy with the ColorStay Mineral makeup- it was easy to apply, gave great coverage, absorbed shine.... a perfect powder foundation. Of course, because whenever i love a makeup product, it gets discontinued. But for this Aqua crapola? I have no words to describe my displeasure with this makeup. It cakes, it coagulates, it turns orangey, and my nose pores have never looked bigger. I'm sad. Please, please Revlon, bring back the original.

on 9/15/2011 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

revlon colorstay aqua minerals is a foundation/powder that i bought,to create a luminous finish for a bronzy/glowy look! I use this with a bronzer and it is exactly the look that i want with this product! It is luminous,fresh,little coverage but still brings a dewy finish. I have it in medium.i use the retractable kabuki brush by ecotools,it blends the product nicely.love it!