Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

on 8/13/2013 11:40:00 PM

This product is my FAVORITE mascara ever. I have both the waterproof and regular mascara and I'm in love. It sepereates nicely and gives my lashes nice volume and length. I highly recommend this mascara

I don't have a lot of experience with mascara, but this wasn't a home run for me. It was only a little clumpy for me (which, tbh, might have been an application error); in fact, it was a little on the wet and runny side.

My biggest issue with this mascara is that it doesn't hold a curl. I have short/medium Asian lashes and hooded eyes, so my lashes naturally point down. When I curl my lashes as up as they'll go, it's disappointing to see the mascara basically flatten them out again.

on 8/11/2013 2:09:00 PM

I'm probably not the best person to review mascaras, for I have naturally a fairly full and curly set of lashes, but here we go.
I love this mascara for day-to-day use. It gives me enough definition, volume and length without clumps or feeling heavy. It leaves my lashes soft, I completely forget I'm wearing mascara. So, definitely, not a dramatic look at all.
If you're looking for the "wow" factor, or if you have very short and/or very thin lashes, I don't think this one is for you.
Another pro for me is the soft scent of roses. Love it!
I have it in brown and black, both washable.

on 8/11/2013 1:29:00 PM

I've been buying this mascara for months and LOVE IT! I don't have a problem with clumps or dryness and it has very buildable coverage! Must have!

on 8/7/2013 12:12:00 AM

What a clumpy mess. A big huge let down...ugh! Back to my maybeline colossal mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for 3 years now! I love it! No clumps!

on 8/4/2013 8:19:00 AM

By far my favourite drugstore brand mascara out there. It first clump or flake and offers both lengthening and thickens.

on 7/31/2013 12:15:00 PM

This picture is with two coats. I think if I did 10 coats this mascara would not clump!!! It really does what they claim it does! With one coat you get more lengthening, add a second and you get more volume. I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised and I love this new mascara. I find it similar to Cover Girls Lash Blast but only cheaper! Only $6.50! My shade is blackest black, if you want big lashes you can’t go wrong with the darkest shade available!

on 7/30/2013 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My HG mascara for pretty natural looking lashes. It lengthens the most out of all of my mascaras, and is the only one that separates my lashes so they don't stick together (because of this, it's not very thickening). This is perfect for a clean & simple eye look with LOTS of length to your lashes rather than thickness/volume.

on 7/30/2013 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First impression: Holy crap! Did I put on falsies? I'm used to getting good volume from other mascaras -- Benefit They're Real, Maybelline Falsies, Maybelline Illegal Lengths -- but I've never gotten this much length before. Seriously, the only time I see my lashes above the hood of my eyes is if I heavily curl them.

EDIT: Wear time is good. At the four hour mark, I have some smudging and a few tiny flakes under my eyes. The smudges are much lighter than what I'm used to, but I still hope to find a mascara that doesn't smudge at all.