November 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by miniemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to keep using this till I find a better foundation. it has the coverage I want but unless I use a beauty blender it looks like I caked it on

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by soundsofepip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually bought this product at Big Lots in Rich Ginger for $4.50 for combination/oily skin. Sometimes, you can go to these places and get great deals. Anyways, I have combination skin, this product is great on my skin. For me, it blends well and matifies my skin, others complain about it being too thick. To cancel the thick application, you can put moisturizer to combat that thickness. The price is great if you buy it Big Lots, which depends on what they buy in surplus. However it typically costs, $9.00 to $11.00 depending on where you get it, on price points not entirely inexpensive and the packaging would be better if it were distributed by a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by darciii

I bought this foundation in the lightest shade for oily skin. It feels slightly thick and heavy to begin with but blends well. It has super coverage. Normally, I mix it with moisturizer to thin it slightly, and wear concealer, as it looks more natural. The packaging on the outside is practical and simple, but the non existant pump makes it a pain to apply. It's more on the expensive side for drugstore/highstreet so they could of included a pump, but the product itself makes up for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by x5starchickx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have always bought MUFE HD foundation because everything else I tried never worked for me, it was either too light of a coverage or wouldn't last very long.

So when i heard about revlon color stay foundation a year ago, I was reluctant to buy it because revlon is a cheap drugstore brand. But I finally gave in a few days ago and bought it.

Oh my gosh, it stays on even longer than MUFE HD and it costs a third of the price!!!
I've now found my new HG foundation!!

It does have a thick consistency though but it doesn't bother me much.

I hope you try it and love it too!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really hard to blend :( And I don't like the packaging either...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by dogbean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is insanely full coverage and makes your face even and matte. kind of feels like a mask and it has a strong scent which irritates my eyes :( Really good product to last entire day but wayyyy too cakey. This is a godsend for acne breakouts as it covers all but is hard to remove....vicious circle!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by bravin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the Revlon 24hour Colorstay Carmel foundation for almost 8 to 9 years. During the latter part of last year I noticed that my foundation was not doing what it use to do. The make up was now super thick, it felt like I was wearing a clay mask, two hours after putting it on it would turn like a grayish color, it now was not controlling my oily skin and it now was getting on everything. Where did the so call Stay go ????? I thought that the product was defected, so I went and bought another one. This one did the same thing, so I contacted Revlon to see if anything had changed. They told me that the product had not changed and maybe I should try another bottle on them. I did so and shortly after that my skin felt like it was on fire and it started turning red and black. I stopped using the product and I went ahead and set up an appointment with a dermatologist. Before I could get to the dermatologist Revlon called me back and left a message on my voice mail. They stated that the ingredients in the product had changed. I knew that something had to have changed in their formula, because I had been using the same skin soap and moisturizer for just as long as I had been using the Revlon 24hour Colorstay Carmel foundation. Once I went to the dermatologist, I found out that I had a chemical burn on my face. I did send all of the results to Revlon along with over a years worth of receipts to show that I was indeed a loyal customer. My face is still healing. I have lost lots of faith in Revlon, their foundation and the way they handle their loyal customers.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by belensanjuan

I'm in the shade NC30-35 for reference and I use the shade Warm Golden for this foundation. I've tried quite a number of liquid foundations from high end brands (MUFE, MAC, Clinique) but this right here is a winner! It doesn't break me out, it makes my skin look so naturally flawless, and it doesn't cake!

I use this with a flat top kabuki brush to blend it into my skin (be sure to blend it with the brush as soon as you put the product on your skin because it dries out quickly) and I use my banana powder to set it. I get a bit oily on the t-zone area in the middle of the day but nothing a blotting paper or tissue can't fix. I don't even retouch throughout the day.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. I hope it comes with a pump or something. It's really hard to get just the right amount of product with this packaging.

Nevertheless, this product is absolutely one of my holy grails! I'm using my 3rd bottle already. And believe it or not, it costs only $10 in Amazon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by PinkMacQueen

I LOVE this foundation... I use this everyday. When Im in public people tell me how great my makeup looks and my skin is beautiful. I apply it first on the back of my hand and use a flat brush to apply on my skin all over. I let it dry and then I blend it with my fingers because I feel skin to skin helps blend out your foundation. The ONLY downfall of this is I wish it had a pump .. OH and I also love to get two different shades and mix them up and it matches my skin perfect !!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought countless bottles of Revlon Colorstay over the years and I've finally decided to stop repurchasing it. With the new formula, I don't like it as much anymore. Although it is more sheer, I think it's still enough coverage for me. This used to be my HG drugstore foundation, but I like Almay TLC better (and it has a pump!)

The packaging is really inconvenient that there's no pump, especially because it's so thick. The most recent bottle I've gotten of CS, I held the bottle upside down and it was so thick that nothing even came out. I'm not sure if it was a defective foundation or it was just the new formula, but I had a friend that owned CS too and she agreed that it was far more thick than the old ones we both had. Also, the smell for me is too overwhelming. The only way I can describe it is that it smells like floral paint or old perfume mixed with paint. Not something I want to put on my face anymore.

Revlon CS does have a lot of shades, but I find that the color matches lean towards pink quite a bit. I found it difficult to find a shade that matched me perfectly (I have olive/yellow undertones). Even golden beige was too pink for me. It also sets really fast so you have to be quick with this foundation! It does give a "mask" like feel, but it depends how much you're putting on and what you're using. Using a Beauty Blender did sheer it out quite a bit, but using my Sigma F80, it was thick and mask-like and not natural by any means. It did look like I had foundation on unless I used MAC's Fix+ to make it look less thick.

Also, a warning for acne-prone people: you have to be very, very careful about taking this foundation. It does stay on for a LONG time. If you don't take all of it out, I found that it does clog my pores on my forehead.