July 23, 2014 | 2029 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Unicorny101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a loyal buyer of this foundation for 2 consecutive years. The coverage on this is unbelievably amazing, you don't need a concealer at ALL and that's coming from someone that had severe dark acne scars all over her face an NO ONE even knew :p another great thing about this product is that it matched my skin tone perfectly which is hard to do (it's golden brown with a yellow undertone, easily sun damaged). This makeup is heavy duty yet you can't feel it, fairly affordable, lasts all DAY (and night), looks natrual, and the amount they give you in a bottle is fairly a lot (lasts at least 2-3 months even with generous use). Unfortunately I'm going to discontinue using this everyday because my acne scars faded and I don't need such heavy coverage... But needless to say... AMAZING PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Heard so many good things about it, so I decided to give it a try. I wanted to do my own makeup for a friends wedding, but I ended up getting the wrong shade. In pics I looked...well, its too horrid to even describe. Anyway, got the right shade for me and so far.. Pros: Good coverage: I used a pea-sized dab on the back on my hand and it covered my face and neck, giving it a flawless appearance hiding my acne scars. Speaking of acne, no breakouts. No heaviness, creasing or looking as if I were wearing a mask. Nothing. Wear: it did smudge a little but nothing to be super alarmed at. Cons: Packaging: No pump...why oh why won't you put a pump on this thing, Revlon? I'm always worried I'm gonna get too much out, not to mention it being exposed to air. I sit it in the fridge to slow the process of it going bad. Price: I am on a very tight budget and almost $12 is a bit spendy to me for foundation. Sometimes CVS have sales on Revlon products and I get it there. All in all, its a very good drugstore foundation and despite the drawbacks, its totally HG status for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by allysesayshi

Such a good foundation for all skin types. It doesn't dry out my skin or make it too oily. Also it over all my blemishes very nicely and leaves a clean finish. I really recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by bowlspice

Little expensive for a drugstore foundation. I think for the price it should have a pump as controlling the amount you use isn't the easiest. Despite this it does the job, its high coverage and lasts all day. I mix with a bit of moisturiser to sheer it out a bit and use it without to double as a concealer, which is very convenient.
    My advice is when testing the shades put some on your neck and walk around for 5 minutes. This is because it darkens quite a lot after being on the skin, because of this when i first bought it i got a shade too dark.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

Horrible. At first it looks pretty good but after about an hour of wearing it I look like I'm wearing a mask that is peeling off. And it is also impossible to get this mess off your face. It is thick and heavy and clogged my pores. I wore it a few times and then threw it away. I've had cheaper makeup that looked much more natural and felt comfortable on the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Sianxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love this foundation!! I have tried about 10 different foundations in the last 3-4 months as I have been hunting for a new one. This foundation is by far my favourite compared to the $60-$80 ones that I have. I have a very fair complexion and I use the second lightest colour buff (as ivory made me look like a ghost). Even though I have combination skin - oily t zone and dry patches everywhere else I use the dry/normal skin version. It gives perfect coverage and a very flawless look when applied with a beauty blender. The only negative about this foundation is that you need a really good cleanser to watch this stuff off as this foundation claims to last ages on your face (which it does!!). People probably break out from this foundation due to not washing it 100% off their face..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by annie19love

I love this product.I have been using it for about 8 years. I have combination skin and I use it in the colour Toast. I pour a little out on the back of my hand and apply it with my fingers.It's the perfect match for my skin and lasts all day and doesn't transfer onto my clothes. No one even knows I have makeup on when I wear this. I ran out and i can't seem to find my shade at any of the usual stores anymore so I'm not sure if this colour has been discontinued :( I started using Mac studio fix fluid in NC 44 because I can't find my shade anymore. It's good but I like my color stay better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by CCR1021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my go to foundation! I have been using it for over a year. I apply it with a fresh sponge every time. I have combination and acne prone skin and it does not break me out. When I have breakouts during the time of the month I dab a little more on my breakout spots. Makes my skin absolutely even especially since I have some dark spots. I suggest using a matte powder to lock it in after (I use Flower beauty powder foundation). I apply around 6am; get home at 6:30 pm and it is still on my face until its time to wash up and hit the sack! I'm sticking to it especially since I have tried so many others that have disappointed me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by notes2go

Very disappointed. I needed to find a new foundation because I had lost my tan, so I tried this, the finish was flawless, the color perfect, I was thrilled. But after only a few hours, it started turning orange and looking cakey and like it was cracking around the nose. It will also block your pores and break you out if you do not scrub it off with a strong facial cleaner or if you have sensitive skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Beauxsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always come back to this foundation, I have really bad scars from having severe acne, and nothing covers them like this foundation, I tried mufe hd, and mufe mat velvet plus, and I tried Lancôme Tient idole, and Laura mercier silk cream, and none of them covered my scars like this foundation, it can be thick and a tiny bit uncomfortable since you can feel it on, but I recently bought a beauty blender and it seems to make it more comfortable, it's not so thick with the same great coverage, I would prefer something that I wouldn't be able to feel it on, but I haven't found anything comparable yet, and it's super affordable. So this is holy grail for me since nothing can compare to the coverage this gives me.