August 27, 2014 | 1764 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

READ MY REVIEW BEFORE LOOKING AT RATING!!

I am really disappointed that I had to give this 3/5, because it is quite a good foundation but just not for my skin!

I bought it for a longwear foundation, as that's what it's marketed as. And I'm happy to say that it lives up to the claims. (Well, it says 'lasts up to 16 hours', I can get a good 12 hours out of it used with a good primer and setting powder).

Unfortunately, despite the fact that I selected the one for 'normal to dry skin', it doesn't give a very nice look to my skin. My skin looks really dull with this on and I find that it dries my skin out a little.

But I think it would be a really good foundation for those with oily skin because it is so drying and gives such a matte finish! So if you fit that description I recommend giving this a try!

Just one little point that everyone complains about: the packaging. Because it doesn't just have a pump and you have to pour it straight out, it can be easy to over pour and end up wasting alot.

People also tend to complain about the smell but I don't mind it at all, I find it quite pleasant actually.

so to sum up:

PROS:
    - would be good for oily skin
    - very longwearing, especially with primer and powder
    - colour is decent

CONS:
    -packaging
    - not good for dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! I have extremely oily skin/combination and this is my everyday foundation! It stays put all day and looks beautiful and flawless on the face. It's so affordable and replaced my MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Nothing compares! Best full coverage foundation out there! Highly recommend to everyone! I use my beauty blender to apply it. I use the Combination/Oily Skin formula in Warm Golden mixed with a tad bit of True Beige. For MAC foundations I am an NC30. This is the best foundation I have ever tried and I've tried everything. Give this foundation a try! You won't regret it! Changed my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by CranberryCherry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best drugstore foundation for very oily skin. It last all day. However, i will still need to blot or touch up with powder once or twice to remove the oiliness. But i'm used to it so it does not bother me much. What i don't like about this product is that it does not comes with pump. Sometimes i take more than i actually need but i put some of it back to the bottle. It's not disgusting cos i haven't use it! Overall love this foundation and would recommend to everyone who has oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by cathrynnm

i have oily skin and i work all day, ill probably blot once or twice with this. if i only blot once it still doesnt look too bad, just like a dewy finish. i have bought three bottles of this and used them all. no need for a concealer or powder/
    medium to full coverage can be compared to but does not feel as heavy as MAC products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I had left my makeup bag with my Clinique foundation at home and I'd heard great things about this drugstore brand. The only thing I was disappointed in regarding the packaging was the fact that it's just a bottle, no pump, just a cap which means I end up pouring out way too much if I'm not careful. The colors appear darker than they actually are...I used a medium beige and it was super light on my skin, made me look like a ghost...but I was able to use a bronzer over it to make it look decent. I would definitely buy again in a darker shade...the shade match wheel at CVS is not accurate at all. I loved the way it went on smoothly, they say it dries fast but I was still able to blend it fine after applying it. It didn't look cakey or weird throughout the night, it just faded evenly...if you wear makeup all day you may need to reapply in the afternoon. Overall I was impressed with it and will use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Unicorny101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been a loyal buyer of this foundation for 2 consecutive years. The coverage on this is unbelievably amazing, you don't need a concealer at ALL and that's coming from someone that had severe dark acne scars all over her face an NO ONE even knew :p another great thing about this product is that it matched my skin tone perfectly which is hard to do (it's golden brown with a yellow undertone, easily sun damaged). This makeup is heavy duty yet you can't feel it, fairly affordable, lasts all DAY (and night), looks natrual, and the amount they give you in a bottle is fairly a lot (lasts at least 2-3 months even with generous use). Unfortunately I'm going to discontinue using this everyday because my acne scars faded and I don't need such heavy coverage... But needless to say... AMAZING PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Heard so many good things about it, so I decided to give it a try. I wanted to do my own makeup for a friends wedding, but I ended up getting the wrong shade. In pics I looked...well, its too horrid to even describe. Anyway, got the right shade for me and so far.. Pros: Good coverage: I used a pea-sized dab on the back on my hand and it covered my face and neck, giving it a flawless appearance hiding my acne scars. Speaking of acne, no breakouts. No heaviness, creasing or looking as if I were wearing a mask. Nothing. Wear: it did smudge a little but nothing to be super alarmed at. Cons: Packaging: No pump...why oh why won't you put a pump on this thing, Revlon? I'm always worried I'm gonna get too much out, not to mention it being exposed to air. I sit it in the fridge to slow the process of it going bad. Price: I am on a very tight budget and almost $12 is a bit spendy to me for foundation. Sometimes CVS have sales on Revlon products and I get it there. All in all, its a very good drugstore foundation and despite the drawbacks, its totally HG status for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by allysesayshi

Such a good foundation for all skin types. It doesn't dry out my skin or make it too oily. Also it over all my blemishes very nicely and leaves a clean finish. I really recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by bowlspice

Little expensive for a drugstore foundation. I think for the price it should have a pump as controlling the amount you use isn't the easiest. Despite this it does the job, its high coverage and lasts all day. I mix with a bit of moisturiser to sheer it out a bit and use it without to double as a concealer, which is very convenient.
    My advice is when testing the shades put some on your neck and walk around for 5 minutes. This is because it darkens quite a lot after being on the skin, because of this when i first bought it i got a shade too dark.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by sultaria

Horrible. At first it looks pretty good but after about an hour of wearing it I look like I'm wearing a mask that is peeling off. And it is also impossible to get this mess off your face. It is thick and heavy and clogged my pores. I wore it a few times and then threw it away. I've had cheaper makeup that looked much more natural and felt comfortable on the face.