October 26, 2014 | 1481 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by PinkMacQueen

I LOVE this foundation... I use this everyday. When Im in public people tell me how great my makeup looks and my skin is beautiful. I apply it first on the back of my hand and use a flat brush to apply on my skin all over. I let it dry and then I blend it with my fingers because I feel skin to skin helps blend out your foundation. The ONLY downfall of this is I wish it had a pump .. OH and I also love to get two different shades and mix them up and it matches my skin perfect !!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought countless bottles of Revlon Colorstay over the years and I've finally decided to stop repurchasing it. With the new formula, I don't like it as much anymore. Although it is more sheer, I think it's still enough coverage for me. This used to be my HG drugstore foundation, but I like Almay TLC better (and it has a pump!)

The packaging is really inconvenient that there's no pump, especially because it's so thick. The most recent bottle I've gotten of CS, I held the bottle upside down and it was so thick that nothing even came out. I'm not sure if it was a defective foundation or it was just the new formula, but I had a friend that owned CS too and she agreed that it was far more thick than the old ones we both had. Also, the smell for me is too overwhelming. The only way I can describe it is that it smells like floral paint or old perfume mixed with paint. Not something I want to put on my face anymore.

Revlon CS does have a lot of shades, but I find that the color matches lean towards pink quite a bit. I found it difficult to find a shade that matched me perfectly (I have olive/yellow undertones). Even golden beige was too pink for me. It also sets really fast so you have to be quick with this foundation! It does give a "mask" like feel, but it depends how much you're putting on and what you're using. Using a Beauty Blender did sheer it out quite a bit, but using my Sigma F80, it was thick and mask-like and not natural by any means. It did look like I had foundation on unless I used MAC's Fix+ to make it look less thick.

Also, a warning for acne-prone people: you have to be very, very careful about taking this foundation. It does stay on for a LONG time. If you don't take all of it out, I found that it does clog my pores on my forehead.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

I tried this product since I've been needing a pale and full coverage foundation.
    It is very pale which is good, not many companies make a pale foundation, there is no orange tinge in the lightest shade.
    It isn't full coverage like some people say - I have very light freckles and it doesn't cover those completely they still peek through, so you'll need a concealer if you have any acne scars or blemishes.
    By the end of the day wearing this, it goes very flaky and dry, I have normal skin I don't have any oily areas or any dryness, you'll need to wear a moisturizer and primer is a must with this, to prevent it flaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Ksmith1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging SUCKS! Now that i got that out of my system I'm gonna say this is better then foundations i bought for prices ranging from $20 to $50! My skin is really oily and i needed a new foundation that was cheaper then the Clinique even better and the Clinique oily skin series which is what i had been using. The foundation is great i really love it and I'm so happy i bought this. This is well worth the price and i just use it with a damp sponge and I'm all set. I would definitely buy this again. I just hope the add a pump, it would be sooo much easier to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Leahcd

Bought this last summer and at the time i was looking for a medium coverage foundation. I first used it with a regular foundation brush and liked the results. It wasnt cakey, it blends nicely, one thing i didnt like a lot was that i felt that the texture was too oily. Not sure why... I picked the foundation for normal to combination skin. I used it a few times after that but never used it again after that summer, its still laying around somewhere in my makeup drawer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Aislingm11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great foundation if you want good coverage without looking cakey.
    I found the normal/dry formulation perfect for dry skin.
    However, I'd love to see the packaging changed to a pump as it would be more convenient.
    Currently at 17.80 euro at boots, a more expensive 'drugstore' foundation but ultimately well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Priscillarys

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. My skin tends to get oily with many foundations although my skin isn't so oily it's more combination so when I tried this product I didn't know there were different types based on your skin, if I would have known this I wouldn't had gotten combination/oily so I was like NOOOOO when I realized I picked up the one for dry skin because I thought it would be more Dewey and make my skin oily but no! It's so perfect! It did not make me oily it kept my skin very nice and soft, I LOVE IT! it's feels so light on your skin! As a Mac user for years I found that this foundation as far as coverage works just like macs foundation and u really only need a little bit and it's so beautiful when nicely blended which blends in very well! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rachelmacfarlanexo

Terrible. I have acne prone skin and this did not work for me at all! Pros- lasts long. Cons- cakey, very heavy, broke me out, hard to wash off, clogs pores, defines dry spots, oxidized on my skin, Many people love this, although it didn't work on my acne prone skin. Will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by KellyLee1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! It doesn't hurt that my shade (Nude) is a PERFECT match for my skin. I don't use this all over (I really don't like the "all over foundation" look) but it covers my undereye circles like nothing else ever has, and I've tried plenty of different concealers over the years.

It also stays put. It doesn't rub off on my glasses much at all, which was a BIG surprise. Despite wearing glasses constantly, my Colorstay-stays. It looks as good at the end of the day as it did at the beginning, and I am demanding on my makeup.

Even though a lot of people hate the packaging, I don't mind it at all. A pump would probably be better, but I don't have any issue using it as it is- I just wash my hands first(!) put my finger over the top of the bottle, turn it upside down to get some on my finger and transfer that to the back of my hand to use as a palette. Works every time with minimal waste. The glass bottle feels very solid and probably wouldn't break even if dropped (not that I'm recommending you try that!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by macprincess15

This is one of the best foundations I've ever tried . Literally stained parts of my face and it too forever to get off but it lasts all day and gives a really nice finish. Only problem I have with this is that it doesn't come with a pump!