September 14, 2014 | 1701 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Yosemitesam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Grey

First of all, I generally go for sheer foundations. Acne is a huge issue for me, so anything heavy really throws my skin out of whack. This foundation is a thick liquid which sheers out beautifully with a wet sponge. The color range is set up well enough that I found my perfect match (325), and when well blended this foundation is invisible. It take about thirty minutes for the opacity of the product to fade as it is absorbed into the skin- but from powdering on my face remains the same throughout the day. This is most comparable to the MUFE face and body out of the foundations in my collection, but is a better match to my skin and a fraction of the price. For $7 you really can't go wrong with this one. A definite restoration of my faith in drugstore makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by dollyhorse101

This is a very nice, light foundation. It as a light coverage, but it is buildable. It gives a really nice smooth finish that doesn't look cakey, and it is very moisturizing, almost like a TM. Its easy to apply in many ways too! I've used several different types of brushes to apply it, and my fingers as well. It does smell like cucumber which I love!! Some people may not like it though, but I think it's quite pleasant, and it does go away after you apply it. I like this foundation overall though!! It's a really nice every day foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like the smell, at all. I don't know what it is, it just makes me want to sneeze. Haha, I don't know. Okay, well it stays on all day, but I couldn't find my shade. And it bothers me that it doesn't have a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by JulietBeans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I want to start off by saying cover girl is my favorite makeup line because I've never had any breakouts or allergic reactions even though I have extremely sensitive skin. I jumped on the natural foundation. It has an interesting texture that blends very nicely. Although I have heard some complaints about the smell I find it rather nice after getting used to it. My one and only complaint is that most of the shades are too pink for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Ever since I started accutane, the makeup I had suddenly became awful because what's good for oily skin isn't good for dry skin. I needed something in the short term and I really wanted to avoid using a high end foundation if I'm only using it infrequently for a few months. When I tested it out, it seemed like a good fit since it's alcohol free and nondrying. I can tell it's a bad choice for oily skin, unless a moisturizer is skipped.

Finding a drugstore shade is always a challenge. 305 Alabaster is the lightest shade with pink undertones while next shade and 310 Flax and is significantly deeper with neutral to cool undertones. If you are pale with yellow undertones, you're completely out of luck. This is my biggest problem with drugstore brands: most pale shades are pink based even though most people have neutral to warm undertones. I bought 310 Flax and it's slightly too dark, but it's a much better match than 305 Alabaster.

As for how it works, it's seriously great for drier skin. I applied it with a Real Techniques angled foundation brush with no problem. It didn't emphasize flakes and gives sheer to medium coverage and a slightly dewy finish. It didn't cover acne spots, but it covered redness and uneven tone pretty well. It gave an airbrushed finish and never caked or sank into my pores as the hours passed. I'm positive if my skin were still oily, it would fade in a couple hours. Since my skin is drier, it lasts about 6 hours or so. I got it on sale for $10, but I believe it normally retails for $14 which is pretty pricey for drugstore brand. Finally, it has a light scent and not overpowering like a lot of high end foundations.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by rikkiac

I bought this foundation thinking it would be great for my skin. Not so much. It's incredibly greasy, has barely any coverage, and I broke out so bad from it. For the 3 days I've used it, I've had to apply 2 layers just for minimal coverage; had to use a TON of pressed powder to de-grease, and then use what little powder foundation (different brand) I had left to actually get decent coverage. Never again. Worst foundation ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by nikhatfarha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for natural looking makeup(drugstore) which in not oily as I have a very oily skin. After reading rave reviews for this product at various blogs, I thought this would work. Overall its average. Firstly it has pink undertones, I am a yellow undertone.. so off. Next, even though it felt silky smooth and easy to apply,matte finish in the beginning, it was super oily within an hour. This was really upsetting for me. With a very oily skin, this is the last thing I want. So I had to return it. It may work for dry skin though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by naomischilpp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is an okay product it looks good and there is a GREAT color selection. almost one for every tone. but i wasnt super wow'd by this product i would buy this again because it works but i may try other ones before.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by anniekwan

I like the coverage of this product it's not too heavy nor too light. What's great is that it has jojoba extract, cucumber water, and SPF 10. It has a slight smell but it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin because I have oily skin myself and I look oily after using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jmshb01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm nw20 and got the shade sandstone, which is a little dark but you can't tell because it blends so well. I bought this around the winter time and I love it. Its a very silky feel and natural looking. I have alot of redness and it covers it up without ease(so I don't know why some say it has no coverage because it really does!) It feels great on the skin like your not wearing a foundation at all. The finish is not quite dewy but def not matte either. I use this on the outer of my face and my neutrogena healthy skin on the inner and lightly powder. I feel like this would be good for all skin types and is worth giving a try. I love the squeeze tube that it comes in as well, very sanitary and is easy to control how much product you get out unlike the neutrogena bottle.Overall a great foundation!