July 29, 2014 | 1269 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by joannaferris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite foundation! After searching long and hard for foundation at Sephora, who knew I would find it in the drugstore! This is the only foundation that does not feel cakey, because my face can get kind of dry at times. This foundation even feels moisturizing! This does not bring any extra oil to my face and stays on for a good 12 hours. The one I picked up was number 315"Bamboo", it was my exact shade! This product glides so smoothly on especially if you use primer and feel light as air. Natureluxe also has SPF 10, which is an added bonus! The only cons I have experienced so far: The smell is a little strong, it definitely takes time to get used to. Also the coverage is light to medium, which is okay with me because I have pretty good skin, I only want a light coverage. But for someone looking for more, this isn't your foundation. I love Natureluxe, if your looking for foundation, you should definitely give this one a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by juculin

This is the perfect low maintenance product if you already have fairly good skin. It glides on and blends so easily that you really don't need a brush to apply it and it's very moisturising. I personally love it but if you have oily/problem skin and you need more coverage and oil control, this probably isn't for you. My only problem with this is that the tube is not very big and I would have liked a bit more product for my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by GabbyAlvarez

I am absolutely stunned by this product, and not in a good way. Personally I can not stand the smell & It makes my skin feel oily and I have normal skin! I don't know if it's just the colours I purchased (two of them as it was hard to find the colour for me considering the packaged shades looked the same) were WAY to pink! It looks like someone threw up blush all over my face. Waste of money, will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros: Great portable size, lovely packaging, smooth formula, nice effort to be "green," interesting shades

Cons: Oxidizes on me after a few hours, gets too oily, breaks me out (must be the talc).

I would recommend this for people with dry, relatively clear, fair/rosy-based complexions who do not have sensitivities to talc. It is a dream to blend and a pleasure to wear if you don't suffer from oily skin.

For everyone else looking for an easily-blendable drugstore foundation, I would recommend one of the Maybelline Dream Mousse foundations instead. Dream Matte in particular does not contain talc (contains bismuth oxychloride instead) and is very smooth and easy to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure whether to give this a 3 or a 4. I do like how it evens out my complexion, and has an easy to wear, light weight feel. However after a few hours it is oily, it comes off with even the slightest touch, and it definitely needs to be blotted and remattified with powder throughout the day. If it didn't need so much maintenance I would really like it, because I like the light, fresh coverage it gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by volcanic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is one of the best I ever used. It's really light and it does not feel like you have a mask on. Plus, it has SPF in it. I wouldn't recommend this product to someone who wants to really cover pimples or their acne. I feel like this just evens out your skintone and it's perfect for me because I don't have acne or anything like that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by janicatthedisco

I used this foundation for about a year, now. It never made me break out and the color matched pretty well. Just remember to wear primer, set with powder, and wash your face carefully twice (or more) a day. These things bring on the makeup's full potential.

I have very oily skin, and most foundations make me look really sweaty and gross. But this one did not! I did, however, switch to a different product because I'm very picky. I have cystic acne and this makeup isn't really designed for that kind of coverage. If I only had your average pimples which are kind of pointy, rather than large bumps, I would swear to this foundation. So I would recommend this the most to people with oily skin but not cystic acne.

As a bonus: it's really creamy and light and feels great to apply (kind of waxy, which could bother some people), and it smells wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by aggiebx

I love, love, love this foundation! It can be purchased at any chemist/drugstore, and it is by far the best inexpensive foundation i've used. It's $19 AUS which is pretty good. I have tested many application methods and they all have the same smooth flawless finish. This foundation has a subtle glow and looks and feels like skin, yet it covers any redness and discoloration.

PROS: silk texture, flawless finish, barely there feel on skin, enriched with botanicals like cucumber water and jojoba for smooth feeling skin.

CONS: questionable lasting time, not suitable for extremely oily skin, slight fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by HauteColor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i am definitely not the first person to review this foundation XD
    i tried this foundation in august 2010 which i believe was when it first came out and i loved the feel it gave to my weird combination skin
    it smoothed out everything and made me look flawless!
    yeah yeah yeah i am the lightest shade available but with this product i dont give a poo
    but i do like the packaging thanks CG for the little squeezy tubee :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used Cover Girl Nature Luxe liquid foundation in color 305. Note about 305 for us fair skinned girls out there, I found that the color of the foundation is quite lighter then what is shown on the tube itself. I personally don't get "pink" from it but I found 305 to be very fair. It really gave me this "China Doll" kind of look ( i'm not Asian... if that's making anyone wonder) over the winter. I loved it. In the winter for me I embrace my porcelain pale skin. It gave me a mostly matte finish, slightly dewy. I think of it as a close to matte with a "glow" to it. I also set my foundations with powder. I don't think this made me break out. If it did by chance I didn't notice, I have menstrual induced acne. What I do really love about this stuff is it made my skin silky smooth. Felt great, light feel to it.

I would purchase again but right now I'm trying to keep my skin at bay so switching to foundations with salicylic acid. Nature Luxe does seem to have a majority more natural ingredients as to ingredients that make you go "Hmmm, what's that?" Another bonus? I couldn't find any parabens in the list!