November 27, 2014 | 1393 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mibrown18

I am in show choir where we have long nights and tons of makeup. I used this and it totally worked and kept my makeup on during the whole day. I also use it when I'm at school and it lasted through gym. It smells weird when you put it on but it drys in a minute. I know there are mixed reviews but when it comes to ELF it's usually luck of the draw.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by handfulofgoo

Okay I seriously love this setting spray. It keeps my makeup looking dewy throughout my long work day AND it's done wonders for my skin. No break outs, I'm so happy.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Rabdaddy

Hated it. Never noticed a difference. Oh, unless I got it on my eyeshadow, which I would have to touch up. Water in a cheap bottle?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Blushaholiclove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I.use this usually more so to dampen my face brushes when putting on concealer or my foundation, it does set your face fine but I still prefer to use my fix plus, because the spray nozzle on it is amazing. This one is like a regular body must spray pump and kind of sprays too much in one spot

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by toofaced1112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted this stuff for the longest!! Every Target I tried, was always out of stock, and the same with Walgreens. Before I wasted 7 bucks for shipping, I decided to try once more, and luckily I found it. The first time I used it, I admit I don't think it did all that much, but that was just because i didn't really know how to use it effectively, for the best results. So, the second time I used it, I sprayed it a lot more. Maybe five times. Directly in my face, and then a few mini sprays on each side. Sounds excessive I know, but that's just the way that it works for me. I wear cream foundation and concealer, so I feel like in my case, that's what I'm comfortable with. Since I started using it, I get even more compliments on my makeup, and I can even tell a difference..Not so much with it making it last alll day, but because it sets my makeup beautifully. I'm not too upset with the fact that it doesn't keep all of my makeup on, exactly as it was that morning, for an extended period of time, because I'm sure once I invest in a primer, I won't have that problem. :) I am, as previously stated before, a makeup whore, so I'm anxious to try 'model in a bottle' and the VS face prime and setting spray, but for only three bucks, I will continue to purchase this as well. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by TaylorNpierce

I love elf products but the elf spray made my makeup look cake-y after it dried. It might just be my skin type. I have combination skin and I'm acne prone. Perhaps it just doesn't go well with my revlon colorstay foundation..

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by kimmerz4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At the end of the day, I looked in the mirror and my foundation was all seperated and looked the worst it has ever. The only difference I used that day was this spray. It didn't work for me. Too bad, because the price is hard to beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will always keep buying this. It smells okay, package is nice, price is great, and it does its job. My makeup doesn't budge all day (in combination with other products). Highly recommended, especially at $3.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this setting spray three days in a row now, and feel like it's reliably kept more makeup on my face and in place. This is my first time using any kind of setting spray, so while I can't compare it to others on the market, I can definitely vouch for the fact that it does what it says it will do and I would miss it if I didn't have it on, now that I've used it.

I have combination skin and have to blot my nose, cheeks and forehead at around 10 am everyday (three hours after applying makeup) and again in the afternoon. I generally use a primer, ColorStay liquid foundation, and mineral translucent powder. Because of oiliness on my nose in particular, I usually lose most of the foundation and powder on my nose by afternoon. This setting spray has definitely helped! I haven't noticed much difference in the amount of oil on my face, however it somehow has helped keep the makeup on in spite of this.

One thing to note - the spray that comes out of the bottle is not even -- there are bigger droplets at the center of the spray. I may try transferring to a different bottle like others have done for an even mist. Also, I made the mistake of spritzing my face this morning after putting on mascara, and the spray instantly reliquified my mascara, making a mess just as I was trying to rush out the door. In the future I'll remember to put on my mascara after this stuff has dried on my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly can't say this made my makeup last any longer. It sprays waaaay too much on my face so I bought some cheapie powder puffs and sprayed that first then patted this on my face. The only reason I would repurchase this is to take to the beach to keep my face hydrated since it hes some good stuff in it.

EDIT 12.16.13: Ok I stand by my it doesn't do anything as far as setting goes BUT I used this over the wknd on my matte powder foundation (my initial review was using it on liquid foundation) and it made a big difference as far as not having that dry powdery look on my dry skin. I'm gonna add a lippie and a definite repurchase.