April 19, 2014 | 921 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

I had really been wanting a setting spray, but when I went to look at MAC's Fix +, the price tag scared me away. I spied ELF's $3 one and thought "Why not?"
I love it. It really helps set my makeup and take away any powderiness on my face. I will say that if you overdo it, it can melt your makeup off, but only slightly. Still, be careful. Spray about 12 to 16 inches away from your face, or just spray onto a sponge tip applicator and lightly press it onto your skin. I do both and get a lovely finish. Some have complained about the smell, but I don't notice a thing. Perhaps ELF took out the scent? Either way, I definetly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

In love with this! It helps my make up last all day and makes my face look glowy. It has absolutely no scent to me, it smells like water. I love the packaging (black bottle) it actually looks sleek and nice. I gave it 4 lips only because its kind of hard to spray correctly, you have to spray it hard enough, and I tend to get only half of my face every time. But other than that, it dries quickly, its perfect to me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by sugary_sweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is phenomenal. It's the only reason I'm able to pull off a full face of makeup that actually lasts with my oily skin. It's a lifesaver, a godsend! Would I buy this again? Of course!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Cocoa28

I love Elf mist and set spray. I'll recommend this to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This seemed to fix my makeup somewhat, but was too drying on my skin so I stopped using it. I prefer fixing my makeup with thermal water.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

The product itself isn't bad, but it's not great either. I'm actually not too sure if it works for setting make up, because I don't really notice a difference if I wear it or not. It does make powders not so cakey looking, but the nozzle isn't as good as it should be. It spits out giant beads sometimes and messes up my powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a terrific setting spray. The MOST important trick for it however is to transfer the spray into a better bottle. The original bottle is SO ineffective. It sprays terribly, almost like a watergun. Not good at all. I transferred this spray into a better spray bottle (buy an atomizer on ebay or a cheap drugstore spray bottle) and it works like magic. It makes my oily face look dewey and cakey makeup is no longer a problem. I use tit right after I put on my foundation and it seals it so well, that I don't even need to use powder. Yes, the spray smells terrible but it is terrific for making makeup last longer. I love it... in a different bottle, of course.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupnmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only con with this item, it tends to smell a little odd when first bought!
It does make my makeup set and last for a long time! It gives it a dewy finish too

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by echoi1991

Glad I bought two! When I first got it, I found that it set my makeup really well and was super cheap! I didn't use it for a while but came back to it when I started using a foundation that gave me flakey patches..it saved it! It really helps to make your makeup look more natural. Sometimes if my boyfriend has dry skin I spray him with it too haha. I love that elf tries to include healthy benefits in most of their products while being inexpensive.
It does spray a lot though and takes a whole to dry, with a bit of a smell. If you don't push hard enough it just water spouts onto your face.
I would def recommend this for a cheap alternative for setting sprays, for people having trouble with cakey makeup, or as a refresher!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

i used to use this until i realized that filling it with just water and spritzing it over my face did the excat same thing...and water is free so i didnt need to repurchase this at all :) lol