September 23, 2014 | 1842 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly can't say this made my makeup last any longer. It sprays waaaay too much on my face so I bought some cheapie powder puffs and sprayed that first then patted this on my face. The only reason I would repurchase this is to take to the beach to keep my face hydrated since it hes some good stuff in it.

EDIT 12.16.13: Ok I stand by my it doesn't do anything as far as setting goes BUT I used this over the wknd on my matte powder foundation (my initial review was using it on liquid foundation) and it made a big difference as far as not having that dry powdery look on my dry skin. I'm gonna add a lippie and a definite repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is just middle of the road for me. It does "set" my makeup by eliminating that powdery look and blending my makeup into my skin and it claims to be filled with green tea and vitamins so thats a plus, but it doesn't provide any staying power like it claims it should. I have combination skin (very dry around mouth and cheeks, but my makeup gets oily in my tzone during the day) and this didn't keep my oiliness at bay so my makeup looked like a grease ball, and by midday I had to blot my face and used my UD DeSlick Mattifying Powder to take all the shine away. I think this stuff is good for people who have really dry skin and want to eliminate that matte/powdery look of their makeup, deliver some vitamins in the process and save a couple bucks rather than splurge on a high end setting spray. The pump is also tricky too. You have to be very careful and hold it far away and let the mist just fall on your face to avoid getting soaked. I wonder if I could use this spray to hydrate, and calm my skin sans makeup.. like at the beach or something when my skin feels dry.. or in winter months. Right now, its nothing special, even for $3. I'd rather use that towards my UD DeSlick Makeup Setting Spray.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Mands783

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this did take away some of the matte look that you naturally get when you set with powder like I do, it eventually makes me feel shiny. I've noticed pictures of myself when I've used it where I look oily. However, it does "set" my makeup so I'm willing to just use an oil blotting sheet, etc when necessary and purchase again. It's a fun little extra in your routine but not so much that I'm willing to spend more for a pricier brand. Yet. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Meganmalone11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I sprayed this in my face this morning and 7 hours later I looked in the mirror and my makeup still looks like I just finished doing it!! :) usually it would have faded a little needing a touch up. For $3 this stuff is amazing! I will defiantly keep using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by charliendave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this basically on a whim, when looking for a lotion to sooth my face and couldn't find anything I wanted. After looking at the ingredients, I figured this could help and wouldn't hurt. I love it. I did not spray directly on my face, because I was afraid to ruin my makeup and have to start all over. So I sprayed on the back of my hands and used clean fingers to apply to face - not eyes, I figured the primer I use there would be plenty. It works well, makeup stayed on longer than I expected.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by OrchidGurl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this setting spray. (disclaimer) I have not used any other brands to compare it to but I really like it.
I have oily skin and if it is bad enough it can make my makeup look horrible by mid-day.
I hold it pretty far from my face as opposed to only 6-8 inches that it recommends and I spray only three times. Once aiming towards my forehead, and once aiming towards each side of my face. With it far enough away it gently mists my whole face without over saturating causing possible running. And I do this with all of my makeup on and have never had any issues with eye makeup running.
I feel that on days I use this my makeup stays looking flawless and smooth longer. I do still blot with an oil sheet and touch up powder mid day though but the spray keeps my makeup in place better than without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by gdlywom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very, very effective product. I have extremely oily skin, and my makeup lasted all day, with only one touch-up needed throughout. When I need to blot with oil-absorbing papers, the paper only absorbed the oil, not the makeup! So very glad that this product is available for such a low price. Definitely buying again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

I really think that this makes my makeup look fresh and last longer. I don't know if water would just give the same effects, but this works for me, so I am going to keep on repurchasing it. Good job, E.L.F.!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

Bought this because it was cheap and fancied giving it a go. Defiantly repurchasing this, can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by BrizzyB

I've been using this product for over 4 Years, wish I had this in high school. Makes my foundation last much longer!