April 17, 2014 | 1804 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by halinagimik93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had been on the lookout for a full coverage concealer for my blemishes/acne scars for the longest time but with every concealer I bought, I had found issues with... Except this!!! Not only is it inexpensive, but it covers like a dream, is easy to blend and the shade Light matches my NC15-NC20 skin perfectly! I prefer this so much more to the Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer (in the shade 3) which oxidised like crap on me, leaving me with weird orange spots. This, however, does not oxidise!! I can use it on its own over my spots, and I'm good to go! I don't know how this would work on the undereyes, but as a heavy duty concealer for spots on the face, it works like a charm. Holy grail!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

Very nice, easy to blend. Will buy again!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Nomiegee

Every since i got this concealer this has been my go to. I do a lot of highlighting and contouring and if you have dark circles like me then this is perfect to highlight and conceal under the eyes. I also have discolored spots and acne scares on my face and this hides EVERYTHING! this is a must have for everyone if your looking for a little heavy coverage and want to hide some scares or discoloring or even acne because it works great on all!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Deviationize

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best. Concealer. Ever.

I have a lot of red marks from acne on my cheeks, and this conceals them flawlessly! The smallest amount of this product covers all my problem areas. It's very thick and blends easily, and I think it is build-able even though I don't see why you'd need to apply more than one layer. Because it is thick it can get a bit cakey if too much is applied, so just apply sparingly.

I do see a bit of wear at the end if the day, but it's nothing too bad. I also spent a day running around in the rain with this stuff on (got completely soaked) and looked in the mirror to find that it actually stayed put!

To me, this concealer seems to be better suited for acne marks and spots rather than dark under eyes. It's a bit too thick for that thin layer of skin. It also only comes in a few (light) shades, so sadly it's not something for those with darker skin tones.

Otherwise, this stuff is my new holy grail concealer. It's cheap, cruelty free, and works fantastically. I'd rate it higher if I could!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by thegorgeousgretchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly you should know that I have very pale, oily, and acne prone skin.
In the summer my skin becomes WAY oily and in the winter its combination.

I purchased this concealer in the shade Ultra Light at my local Walmart for $6 & I'm in love!
Others have complained that the shade range is too light, but I couldn't be happier! All but one foundation (ColorStay Whipped in Ivory) have been too dark for me. And every concealer I've used prior has either creased or failed to cover.

PROS:
-Pigmented (a little goes a long way & has great coverage)
-Super inexpensive
-Convenient packaging
-Doesn't break me out
-Doesn't crease (with a setting powder)
-Suited for paler skin types

CONS:
-Not suited for darker skin types

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Ljsanders

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First, LOVE this website. Has turned me onto so many great products and avoid some I was considering! So based on other reviews here, just went to Walmart and bought Glamoflauge by Hard Candy. Amazed what it does for my problem areas. Switching from MAC concealer now -- this is cheaper and works better (for me)!

My main problem: Despite wearing high sunscreen most of the time, I forgot it a few times and now, at 53, have age spots on my cheeks. I use a great self-tanner year round (Neutrogena) which gives me a great tan but also makes the spots a little more pronounced. Skin lightening products haven't worked, so looks like I'm going to have to get a peel when I can afford it. But for now:

This is GREAT on my AGE SPOTS and my SCAR! Squeezed a bit from the tube, warmed it between my fingers, and patted on. Age spots almost invisible with this on top! Even better, same with my brownish scar I got from the doc trying to burn off a smaller spot (and made it worse)! Used it on my nose (tends to be red), and redness gone! For me, it's the right consistency: not greasy, not cakey or dry.

But here's the great surprise for me: It's now my HG for my UNDER EYE BAGS! Who knew? I don't have dark circles (but bet it would work great on those), but tried it under my eyes anyway and it makes them less noticeable because it brightens the area. So far, it's not creasing and feels great.

Yes, it's thicker than most concealers (but I find those don't cover well) so you have to use a tiny bit, warm it up, pat and blend and it doesn't look heavy -- in fact, has a nice glow and once blended, looks flawless (to me). It's not meant to be a foundation so wouldn't recommend it as such -- I like a sheer foundation so I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin, and now this will be the product that I pat on top of it for the problem areas.

Cons: Agree with viewers: they need more shades. They're limited and have odd undertones. I actually ended up with 314 tan which luckily matches my skin perfectly since I use the self tanner. Other shades were too light and not gold enough for me.

Tip: TRY IT IN THE STORE. Just pull up the tape, open the box, and try it. Walmart doesn't care. Saves you and them time in returning the wrong color. Also, comes with a little pencil which doesn't do much for me personally but might for some.

I am thrilled. May not be for everyone, but HG for me. Thanks, reviewers!

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I bought this at WalMart because I needed a good, heavy-duty concealer to cover my hereditary dark circles. (Price=$6) The shades do run pretty light, so I'd advise picking out a shade darker than you normally do. Either way, it FOR SURE does the job. A little goes a long way, and I will no doubt repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

Okay, I don't want to jinx myself here but I believe this product is the bomb. It's inexpensive and creamy. It feels very light, yet the coverage is awesome. The packaging is cute and you get a lot for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by CourtL128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an awesome heavy duty concealer for the price! It blends well and has great coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by bailyelizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this concealer! While it did feel like it didn't set very well, it had really great coverage. It smells a bit strange, but I was able to look past that due to the high quality coverage. I have really oily, acne-prone skin so it's hard for me to get good coverage but I really do love this concealer!