July 26, 2014 | 938 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Woke up one day with dark circles - I was totally racooned completely out of the blue. Having never experienced this before, I had no clue about concealers/highlighters - but, like everyone else, heard that TE was a wonder product, so thought it was worth a try.
Well, I liked the light texture - it applied evenly without creasing - and the applicator made using the product really simple. However, it didn't really conceal anything. My circles were still, er, dark.
I ended up using the product purely as a highlighter elsewhere - it worked OK for this purpose, but that wasn't why I bought it. I don't usually use highlighters anyway - but I was determined that this wasn't going to be another straight-to-bin product; not at this price ;)
Bought the Clarins version next (Eclat Minute) - which gave better coverage due to a thicker consistency, but looked heavy and creased after a while. Another dud!
Luckily, my dark circles suddenly disappeared as quickly and mysteriously as they had appeared - but if they ever return, I won't be reaching for the TE.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by hannah1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My absolute staple - i have been using this for about 10 years now. Sometimes it takes a lot of layers to make me look human, but its better than everything else i've ever tried. Only gripe is the price. You dont get a lot for your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by PinkAmy06

Simply love it. My dark circles are quite bad so I use quite a thick concealer with this on top and it works absolute wonders. Makes my dark circles appear barely there.

One tip though, dab it onto your dark circles but leave it for about 5 minutes before you blend it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by AllyABC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic - HG for dark circles. Have tried every product going & still come back to this one. Reduces darkness & doesn't make you look caked or give you that startled eye look! Superb.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by chachasoprano

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive, yes. But completely worth it. I've tried so many products to cover my dark circles, but find most to either fail or feel way too thick. This product is lightweight more like a foundation, but with the coverage of a concealer!

My favorite thing is the slight luminousness it has to it. I use it now more as a highlighter... down the nose, the tops of my cheeks and forehead... to brighten up!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by anne_v

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all I like the product itself, it works for me, covers my dark circles and blends easily. I don't care for the packaging too much. It's pretty, but if I don't use it for a couple days the pen dries out a little, and I find myself washing the brush a lot. It's also very expensive (almost 40 here) so I guess I'll have to look out for an alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by 3lla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Well, I dont really know what to say. There have been days when this magic oen makes me looks alive and stunningly awake, and then there have been days when ths pen hasnt done anything at all.
On the good days my face looks radiant and alive. I use it under my eyes with some concealer aswel as a highllighter. The golden pen looks gorgeous in my makeup bag but the price makes me wonder if it is really worth it. I guess I will have to continue using it and see how it turns out overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ellienotts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After hearing all the hype on this product I was really excited to get it. However i really do not recommend this product, it does not cover dark circles, and is difficult to blend, when blending with a finger, it just came straight off. For dark circles under the eye this product is not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by xsophiemckennax

WOW! i'm on my second one of these ! its great for everday and for all skin types its so light yet it covers dark circles i just use my finger to blend it!! its like a magic wand my dark circles actually dissappear and i was able to use at my brow bacause its highlighting aswell so it lifts my brow and hides and veins in that area which i have alot of!!! i swear by this product it lasts long despite the price

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by krysla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FOUND A CHEAP VERSION!!! Loved this product but can't afford. However, after searching for a cheap substitute for YSL Touche Eclat, and trying Avon's version which went on like concrete and dried instantly, not even allowing me to spread and blend, I finally found IT! It is Lumene's Touch of Radiance Highlighter!!!! It brightens my eyes with that beautiful "light" around my eyes, does NOT settle in my fine lines (which is why I have always passed on under eye concealer), and makes me look like a young girl (I am over 40). I did not even recognize myself in the mirror! Please buy this product so that they never stop making it because I cannot afford the YSL product. If they stop making it, I'll just have to do without. It is sold at CVS drugstores but for some reason is not on the CVS website. You can, however, see it on Lumene's website.