October 1, 2014 | 1795 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Sammyxiao

The stuff is super,it creates a very natual reflective light on my skin, good for day time. For the night outs I prefer BeneFit high beam.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by bren81

This used to work wonders, covering my undereye dark circles, brightening up, etc. I went through about three tubes of this until recently, I started getting fine lines and this started to crease up accentuating the fine lines... *sigh* this no longer works for me sadly and I'm once again on a quest to finding the perfect under eye concealer....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must confess that I don't know why people rave about this product because I find it distinctly average. Having said that, I have rebought it several times, primarily because I have yet to find anything better. I have to say though that there are some cheaper products that are almost as good.
I use no 1 which is the lightest shade I believe as I have very fair skin. I have read many times from beauty experts that they say women aren't using this product correctly - that it's a highlighter, not a concealer. But then they seem to contraduct themselves by instructing you to use it as you would a concealer.
For me this doesn't really cover under eye circles at all. I don't have a massive problem there, but this product doesn't make any difference to how I look. If the skin is hollowed out as I guess mine is starting to be, then common sense tells you that painting something on top isn't going to make any diffference.
It's marginally better at covering redness, e.g. round the nose area but you have to use quite a lot to get proper coverage and then you tend to look overly made up. I wear specs and this makes the make up collect around the bridge of the nose.
I have heard women rave that this makes them look "luminous". I don't see it on me - I think these women must have been luminous to start with. Or there's something wrong with their eyesight.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Woke up one day with dark circles - I was totally racooned completely out of the blue. Having never experienced this before, I had no clue about concealers/highlighters - but, like everyone else, heard that TE was a wonder product, so thought it was worth a try.
Well, I liked the light texture - it applied evenly without creasing - and the applicator made using the product really simple. However, it didn't really conceal anything. My circles were still, er, dark.
I ended up using the product purely as a highlighter elsewhere - it worked OK for this purpose, but that wasn't why I bought it. I don't usually use highlighters anyway - but I was determined that this wasn't going to be another straight-to-bin product; not at this price ;)
Bought the Clarins version next (Eclat Minute) - which gave better coverage due to a thicker consistency, but looked heavy and creased after a while. Another dud!
Luckily, my dark circles suddenly disappeared as quickly and mysteriously as they had appeared - but if they ever return, I won't be reaching for the TE.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by hannah1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My absolute staple - i have been using this for about 10 years now. Sometimes it takes a lot of layers to make me look human, but its better than everything else i've ever tried. Only gripe is the price. You dont get a lot for your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by PinkAmy06

Simply love it. My dark circles are quite bad so I use quite a thick concealer with this on top and it works absolute wonders. Makes my dark circles appear barely there.

One tip though, dab it onto your dark circles but leave it for about 5 minutes before you blend it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by AllyABC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic - HG for dark circles. Have tried every product going & still come back to this one. Reduces darkness & doesn't make you look caked or give you that startled eye look! Superb.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 11:13:00 AM More reviews by chachasoprano

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive, yes. But completely worth it. I've tried so many products to cover my dark circles, but find most to either fail or feel way too thick. This product is lightweight more like a foundation, but with the coverage of a concealer!

My favorite thing is the slight luminousness it has to it. I use it now more as a highlighter... down the nose, the tops of my cheeks and forehead... to brighten up!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by anne_v

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all I like the product itself, it works for me, covers my dark circles and blends easily. I don't care for the packaging too much. It's pretty, but if I don't use it for a couple days the pen dries out a little, and I find myself washing the brush a lot. It's also very expensive (almost 40 here) so I guess I'll have to look out for an alternative.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by 3lla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Well, I dont really know what to say. There have been days when this magic oen makes me looks alive and stunningly awake, and then there have been days when ths pen hasnt done anything at all.
On the good days my face looks radiant and alive. I use it under my eyes with some concealer aswel as a highllighter. The golden pen looks gorgeous in my makeup bag but the price makes me wonder if it is really worth it. I guess I will have to continue using it and see how it turns out overall.