Clinique Different Lipstick - Tenderheart

4.2

castor seed oil - cendelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /- mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

My HG nude lipstick! This is the only nude I can ever wear and actually look good. It's not technically a nude since it apparently has too much brown or red in it, but that works for my GGG skintone with pigmented lips. I tried every MAC nude/MLBB shade, but they ended up either making me look like a corpse or having waaay too brown lips or drying out my lips. Tenderheart is just the perfect combination of mauve, brown and red in a sheer formulation that lets you build as much colour as you want. It's also not drying. I wish they hadn't discontinued it in Singapore. :( But I wouldn't mind buying it over and over again from online. I love it too much!

on 6/17/2008 12:49:00 PM

I can see why this color is a favorite for others. On me it's almost identical to my lips, when I use it with EL spice l/p it picks up more color, a red/brown. The lipstick has a nice sheer lightweight texture. Will use on minimal make-up days. Great Texture and wear.

on 6/10/2008 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Got this in a Nordstrom clinique gwp and what a pleasant surprise! The texture is very creamy and smooth. It glides on as a semi-sheer, but gorgeous color---a muted, SHEER red with a nudish, burnt orange vibe to it. For someone who thinks red lipstick looks OTT, this is a marvelous alternative to add some color.

on 6/9/2008 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wouldn't pick a shade like this for myself normally, but hey it was free. I didn't have any problems with it being too sheer. I thought it had a lot of nice color. It was a very glamorous look because it was a dark sort of, well something. I don't really know how to describe the color. It somehow brightened my face a bit. Like I said before I would NEVER have picked this color for myself on my own. But I like it!

on 6/8/2008 12:47:00 PM

This is a great neutral cinnamon color that applies much sheerer than it looks in the tube. I am a fair skinned red head and this looks great on me. Very natural. A hint of shine, Very creamy and does not dry out the lips. It is my go-to daily color.

on 5/26/2008 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this as a GWP and I really like it. This neutral shade (kind of a pinky-brown on me) pairs nicely with my fair skin and subtly intensifies my natural lip colour. What I love most about this lippie is the formula; I usually hate the way lipstick feels on my lips and stick to balm or gloss, but this stuff has a creamy, moisturizing feel that doesn't dry out my lips. The lasting power leaves something to be desired, but again, the ones with lasting power often feel terrible on my lips. I like that there's no fragrance as well, so I can put it on and forget I'm wearing lipstick at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I tried this color on at the mu counter, I really liked how it looked. My sister liked it so much, she bought the same shade in their spf gloss. I was really disappointed when I got home and tried the ls/ on. You can't really tell I am wearing lipstick. I have fairly pigmented lips and with this color, it doesn't even look like I am wearing l/s.

I was looking for a YLBB shade but this is too neutral for me. I just don't understand why it looks so much lighter at home. I do like the feel and smell of the lipstick but am disappointed in the color.

I would try this brand again but I don't think I would try another neutral.

on 4/30/2008 12:29:00 AM

I got this as a GWP. I normally wouldn't purchase a color like this because it just doesn't work for my skintone. However, the lipstick is very creamy and I do like the texture of it.

on 4/23/2008 7:01:00 PM

I first bought this about 9 years ago and I remember actually finishing the tube and scraping out what was left of it. I then became a lipstick fiend and bought every brand and shade out there. I just recently repurchased this lipstick and remembered why I loved it so much. The color is such a nice neutral. Really looks like my lipcolor but better. I love the texture of it. Not matte, not glossy. There's no shimmer to it just a hint of shine. No annoying taste or smell. I've fallen in love with it all over again. Will never again go without it :)

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love the warmth that Tendeheart delivers. This is a beautiful neutral shade that makes my lips just a touch rosier and plusher. The texture is very smooth, and glitter/shimmer free which is a nice break once ina while! It is not a glossy lipstick but it is not completely matte either, which I like. This lippie just makes it look like you wake up with perfect lips. I love it!

Popular Lipsticks