August 21, 2014 | 1420 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by martejensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really adore this foundation! It looks and feels so natural, and it makes your skim glow! I have quite an oily t-zone, so I had my doubts about this, but with a primer and some setting powder this is absolutely no problem. Wore this for 9 hours straight and by the last hour this still looked pretty amazing. It also seems to have a healing affect on my skin as my break outs have gone down a significant amount, and my skin really is hypersensitive and prone to break outs- I'm guessing this is due to the fact that it's waterbased? It does gave a scent, a floral fresh one which I really like, however, this might be a no-go if you are sensitive to fragrances or don't like fragranced cosmetics. I think this foundation will work great for all skintypes except very oily ones. This does work great on an oily combination skin like mine, but I just don't think it will do the trick on a superoily skin.. When it comes to coverage I would put this under sheer/medium. One layer is sheer, but definitley evens out skintone and texture. Two layers you get even skintone and texture and redness/minor blemishes covered up. Your face looks flawless without that cakey-makeuoy look/feeling. This just might be my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation!!! I have combo/oily skin and it covers well my acne scars (I use concealer as well) and it doensn't make my skin shinier, just with a healthy glow. Oh it lasts several hours if I use a primer underneath and powder it. The packaging is great, small and practical. The only down side for me is the SPF because of the flashback in photos and of course the price. If you don't mind these details go try it, it is worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaa242

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, I have quite bad acne and even though this foundation doesn't cover it all, it makes it seem so much better. It gives a great glow to my skin without looking oily. This would be HG for me if I had a colour match within the shades. I'm lighter than a NC15 and very yellow toned so I couldn't lower my rating for that as the shades do go quite light anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by iwannago

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I give this foundation seriously a 1000 out of 10, the packaging although it doesnt look overly luxurious its still cute and still glamorous.

coverage: The coverage is light, not sheer and is extremely buildable, simply pat onto the skin to build coverage! although I do prefer a buffing brush which still gives me a nice coverage:)

finish: The finish is a semi matt, gorgeous, luminous, glowy and stunning finish. can you tell I like it? its very natural and gives the skin a my skin but naturally flawless look. Perfect for a guy like me that wants makeup to be relatively natural;)

cost: For the cost its 55 dollars here in canada tax included and is worth every penney, im on my 3rd bottle now and will be heartbroken if it gets discontinued.

shades: The shades are typical Chanel, im neutral with a tiny bit of golden in my skin, and 10 beige is a great match for me, i go up to 20 beige and sometimes 30 in the summer. Chanels foundation shades run slightly yellow which is B and very pink with is BR. Again I'm neutral skin toned (slightly golden in the winter and slightly pinky in the summer) and I only where B's from their shades because the BR's are way too pink.

scent: The foundation has a beautiful florally/sunscreen smell that is quite strong but smells amazing and doesn't irritate my skin.

skin type: My skin type is combination in the winter and oily in the summer. I wear this foundation year round. when applying this foundation, I personally find that I dislike applying it completely bare skinned or with minimal moisturizer. I like to put a good amount of moisturizer (creme de la mer) and a little bit of primer(hourglass mineral veil) and the foundation blends and sinks in with them, making my skin look plump, glowy and flawless!
I really hope that this review was helpful! If your in the market for a light, but very beautiful foundation go try this out! i know i couldn't do without it:)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this foundation daily for about 2 years now. I am about to finish my 2nd bottle.

This foundation is ideal for those with minimal blemishes, scarring or pigmentation as it provides a sheer/light coverage. If light coverage is what you're after, give it a go!

I love the plastic bottle, I see the argument that for a luxurious foundation from Chanel, a plastic screw-top bottle kind of misses the mark. However, I love it! I can travel anywhere with it and drop it on the bathroom tiles and not give a damn. It's what on the inside that counts after all!

For 2 years of use, I really cannot fault it, worth every penny. I have of course tried others, but never for longer than a few days! My skin is dry, I do not generally use a primer under it unless I am doing an night look. I follow with NARS Creamy Concealer and MAC Studio Fix Concealer and set with NARS Light Reflecting Powder (pressed). Flawless!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing.

More like an award-winning, alluring, lovely, yummy-smelling sheep in hella drying, super high couture clothing.

This was my major fail in my haul of last year's Allure Best of Beauty for best light foundation. Oh wait, it won this year too?! Wtf.

Like the savvy shopper that I am, I skipped to Macy's after the awards came out and requested a sample @ the Chanel counter to try it out. The application was smooth... the sucker penetrated quickly. The finish was lovely... very lightly powdery finish. I applied for a couple of days and I decided I was sold.

Went back to Macys and bought a bottle. Now, I have to say I was disappointed w/ the bottle. For such an expensive product, I'd expect a beautful, luxe container that screams Yeah-you-splurged-but-you-deserve-it-girl!!! Instead, it's a plain, plastic bottle. Boo.

The first couple of days were great. Got complimented at work, felt all fancy every morning applying my beautiful HG makeup. HA.

After about a week, I started to feel dryness, Also got comments at work that my skin was looking drier. Hmmm..... it couldn't be my expensive new foundation, I thought, in despair. It's frikkin' Chanel!!

After about two weeks, I started to feel like there were two hands in both sides of my head and they were pulling the face of my skin baaaaack.... omg. If I kept this up, I was sure I'd look 80 very soon!

Needless to say, I ran back to Macys and returned (keep your receipts, people!) I felt betrayed by Chanel and Allure... and it wasn't even winter, so it wasn't the change in season! Maybe it works best for people w/ super oily skin, I dunno.

PS: Playing around w/ my little cousin's makeup, it seems L'oreal has come out w/ a similar product - Magic Nude Liquid Powder. Dude, even the bottle is very similar... it's even cuter! She swears by it... of course, she's younger and has slightly oilier skin. If I had oilier skin, I would definitely give this a try first.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I give it 4 lippies for simply living up to its claims. Lightweight, buildable, luminous. I tried 20 beige, I'm about NC25ish right now, a neutral light-medium beige. Color match was fine. My big problem with this is that it doesn't cover enough. My skin has slightly enlarged pores, slight redness, old acne marks on my cheeks that aren't very dark, and some freckling on the nose. I also have dark undereye circles. For age 40, that seems about a typical "good skin" condition. This foundation was more like a tinted veil for me. It diffused some skin imperfections but did not really cover any of them. For the price, I need it to do more. Not the fault of the foundation really, it did what it promised. No breakouts, no irritation. I just don't feel any love for this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by juleskasem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's coverage is light and yet somehow it makes my skin luminesce.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lipglossaddict93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this foundation so much! I have combination oily skin with some hyperpigmentation and the occasional pimple. This foundation is very light feeling but offers enough coverage for my dark spots but I do need concealer undervmy eyes and on any active acne spots. This foundation will last up to 10 hours on my face but only with a great setting powder and blotting my face once or twice. This foundation does not breakout my face but it does have the chanel cosmetics fragrance which may bother some. The packaging although not glamorous is very functional for me! I will repurchase this foundation despite the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ceq373

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this foundation looks very natural and gives nice light coverage. stays on well and doesn't make my skin breakout.