April 18, 2014 | 900 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun face powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Mostly out of curiosity but spurred by the reviews here, I bought a jar of this powder. I'm so glad I did. It's a very flattering powder, truly translucent, silky and light feeling; does a great job of controlling oil without looking dull or powdery, or settling into my lines or pores. I love the scent. It's old-fashioned, but beautifully classic, tasteful and well composed. It does fade after maybe 10 or 20 minutes and it's not overpoweringly strong to begin with. I wish I could buy it as a perfume but I hear that although Coty still makes L'origan, it is not very good after numerous reformulations. I'll just enjoy it when I touch up my powder.

I put it on over my exceptionally shiny-greasy sunscreen (vanicream spf 60) and it keeps me reasonably matte for 4 hours or even more.

It does come with a particularly cheap and useless puff "applicator". Chuck it out and use a good kabuki or other powder brush instead.

Edit 2 months later: I just love this stuff more the longer I use it. It works like a champ to cover that very shiny sunscreen -- looks like I ran an airbrush over my face. I had wonderful results pressing it into a vintage compact. Here are my tips for pressing this powder: use only TKB pressing medium, less than you think you need, and mix it VERY well -- a wire whisk vigorously employed for a good 5 minutes is a sensible plan -- because any clumps of pressing medium not incorporated finely will leave lumps in the pan after you run a brush or puff across. The pressed powder has stood up to being carried around in my backpack and even carried in the top of a Doc Marten for an entire long evening when I had no pockets.

I've actually been using the Fragrance Free version of this recently. Not the "Luminous", there IS a fragrance free regular finish version, it's just hard to find and looks the same as the Luminous except for the label on the back. I save the scented version for when I'm not wearing perfume and I feel retro and girly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by queenrabbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I use it to set my foundation or if Iím having a good skin day I dust it over my face with only a light face primer and concealer. It lasts all day, and is smooth and natural looking. It does have a fragrance to it and it bugs me little bit, because it smells like old lady perfume and is a bit strong, but I still love it to death! I have it in Translucent Extra Coverage and I also have the Fragrance Free Luminous Translucent shade. The fragrance free one, it still smells a bit but it's just not as strong and still works just as great. It does have shimmer in it so I don't like it as much because I like a more matte look.
You also get A LOT of product for a very small amount of your money! And it also has new packaging. Instead of the old fashion cardboard box (which I wish I could have gotten) its a plastic container. I've heard that when you take the sticker off, that keeps the product in, that it gets everywhere. So a little trick: Leave the sticker on and poke 3-4 holes through it with a bobby pin. You get the perfect amount of product! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by zitpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the plastic container in Naturally Neutral and it is perfeccccct! I'm really pale with freckles, I usually wear translucent pressed powder but this was calling to me for some reason. The translucent version of this looked too white and shimmery. Neutral is the perfect shade for me. It doesn't settle into pores, break me out, or look like I'm wearing anything. It's so soft and smooth mmmmmm :) For $7 you got a lot for your money too!
MOST importantly, it doesn't give me a weird cast over my freckles. I have a ton all over my face and it's so rare to find something that doesn't make me look washed out but still covers my red spots. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by prettylights

I bought this in Transluscent after seeing an article about it on Yahoo about cult beauty favorites, and being a makeup junkie I couldn't believe I never heard of it! Luckily I was able to find it at a new CVS in my area. I've used powder on and off throughout the years to set my makeup but haven't found one I wanted to use religiously, but I think this may be it. Most of my experience has been with Cover Girl pressed and loose powder (made me kind of itchy and looked cakey), Everyday Minerals (too white and dry), and Silk Naturals (blended right in but didn't seem to do much at all). As soon as I put this powder on after working all day my complexion was instantly brighter, smoother, and matte. I can hardly believe what a fine dusting of this powder did for the look of my skin! I have a fair, cool complexion and this really evens my skin tone and hides my pores. I have no problem with the plastic container except that the holes could be just a tad bigger. I used mineral makeup for a few years so I am used to the sifter and container style. The puff is a nice addition for on-the-go but I prefer to apply setting powder with my BE featherlight brush. I think the container is cute and I'll probably leave it out on my vanity. The smell definitely reminds me of old things, but I don't mind it that much and it fades within 5 minutes. Now I just need to put some in a smaller jar to keep in my purse, because this is a lifesaver for when your makeup needs a refresher but you don't want to reapply foundation! I also can't believe the value of this - a huge container for $6.50, that is just ridiculous for a product that works this well! I might try the Naturally Neutral shade next, hopefully it is not too dark and might offer more coverage for under my eyes. You really can't go wrong at least trying this product if you need a good powder, if it doesn't work for you at least it doesn't break the bank!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ishozuye

I became curious about this product after I passed it for the first time at CVS, and I decided that I'd give it a try one of these days. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The powder itself is loose, but it has a very soft quality to it that will definitely stick to your skin, since I have fine hairs all over my face, this is a good thing indeed. I had heard on here about a fragrance that came with the powder, this I enjoy also, it reminds me of Baby soft. As for how it looks, I am greatly pleased to say that I could wear it with or without foundation. With foundation gives a great finished look, while without would cover my red areas and imperfections. For those with a ivory complexion, I recommend it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by natalialenn

I love this powder, good scent, good oil control, i have translucent extra coverage, so far so good, and no break me out... just love.... and love..
cheap and last long....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by FrogPrincess1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In the past I have never liked loose powder or translucent powder because even though it was supposed to be translucent it lightened my shade, especially in tan summer months, too much. Not this powder. It gives me a nice finish (to me it seems with a slight sparkle, not matte). It's very fine and gives me beautiful, light coverage. It doesn't change the shade of my liquid foundation. This is what I have used daily for the last year and I still have over half of the jar left. I use a blush brush instead of the puff for application. (The puff makes the powder heavy looking and cakey) the only down side is that you loose powder every time you open it and it gets all over. Other than that this is and will be for a very long tim my favorite face powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I bought this in the translucent shade. I really loved the smell, it made me feel fresh all day long! However, this powder oxidized my MAC foundation really bad. I usually apply the MAC blotting powder on top of my foundation. I ran out and thought to try the airspun powder. Was disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder for setting my concealer under my eyes. I use the translucent formula. I am NW45. The scent doesn't bother me at all. I've had mine for a while in the old packaging. I will probably have this for another year. There is so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After read and hear hype review about this.I purchase that.First i purchase COTY LUMINOUS coz i dont like fragrance.But omg its horrible,my face like silver sparkle girl.
Secondly i buy COTY NATURALLY NEUTRAL,omg its smells over.The odour go into my nose and my stomach until i cough 3x hooeks.
Oke forget that i go to my review.
The girls in forum online say its very very very good but for me its not work.
just all the people give A not means its u like it...hype in mua not means hype for u heart :-)
PROS
1.Cheap
2.A lot of powder in jar
3.Good oil control
4.Fit to wear day of day
CONS
1.Smell over
2.Slightly greyish in my face oxidize
However its not be compared with my hg loose powder nars :-)
still good but not very very very good like all rave.
i already to swap...