July 29, 2014 | 1830 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reviewing the "regular translucent" - not "extra coverage" or any of the powder "shades"
I walked past this a MILLION times in my local wallyworld w/out giving it a 2nd glance - I remember my mother (&I think even my grandmother..)using this powder when I was a child! Saw several FOTD pics on the MUB with raves of this powder so I picked it up on a whim - didn't expect to be too impressed w/it though, as I'd been using Tarte's Smooth Operator for several years to set my foundation.. Gave it a try though & I am impressed!! I don't use this everyday b/c I'm experimenting w/HD powders (silica mostly for oil control, MUFE HD, for example) & I'm not thrilled w/the packaging (even the new packaging) but I poured some out into a sample/travel jar that I had (it's always good to have a few of these laying around!) & have been applying w/a blush brush from the smaller jar. For reference I'm almost 30yrs old with oily, warm, fair skin. Only very slightly acne prone but very much clog-prone. So far no issues with clogs/breakouts/etc &it's been approx.30x now that I've used it and there's still just tons & tons of product remaining! So I will repurchase, if I ever need to in this lifetime Lol :) It's definately replacing my beloved Tarte Smooth Operator, not sure if it'll outlast some of the other loose powders I'm recently test driving this humid summer on my oily skin but hopefully I can update in several months!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by irie725

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently bought my second container of this. The first was when I was in my late teens, or early 20's. I'm 55 now so I can't remember really. Imagine that! Back "then" I loved the retro-ness of it! I use the translucent extra coverage. I happen to love the powder puff it comes with. To me I find if I load it up and press the powder into my skin , not wipe, then use my powder brush to brush off any excess, my makeup stays set most of the day, if not all, and very little if any of my problem oily areas break through. I don't know if I ever used up my first package of powder. I don't think I really appreciated it as I do now. I have tried SO many since. I know now how good of a product it truly is. I love the smell and the packaging, they both make me smile, and stir a comforting feeling in me. I'm really glad to have re-discovered this quality product and it pleases me to hear so many others are liking it too.
I think this was my HG all along , so I can stop wasting my money on everything else under the sun no matter how much their advertising says how wonderful they are!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I love trying cult products, especially if they are retro. I've wanted to try this for years. I'm sad I missed out on trying the original paper box, but I know the plastic containers are an improvement on the original design.

So after years of wanting to try this product I picked this up in Naturally Neutral. I would normally pick up a translucent version, but I liked that the Naturally Neutral powder had a bit of yellow/warmth to it. The Translucent version seemed a bit more pink and I really try to avoid any sort of pink tinted powders be that face powder or eye shadow. I like my pink on my lips and my nails.

This perfume has a pretty noticeable scent, so if you are sensitive to scents I would avoid this product all together. The smell doesn't bother me personally.

I tend to not really like the look of face powder because it is a dead giveaway that you are wearing makeup, but I will say that unless I'm sitting in air conditioning, powder is necessary to set my foundation.

I use cream foundation (Gerda Spillmann) and this sets it nicely. I use a powder brush to blend in a small amount of this powder into my makeup. I really try to buff this stuff in as much as I can because like most powder this will cling to fine hairs on the face. I'm a hairy girl so I always have problems with powder highlighting (in a bad way) my facial hair. I don't know of any face powder that doesn't do this.

I've used a few other face powders in the past (Rimmel pressed powder, MUD loose trans. powder, Mac Blot Powder, etc.) and this performs nicely compared to those. I really loved Mac's blotting pressed powder, but I wanted to try something new. I can't really make a good comparison between this product and the Mac, but I think this product is of a decent quality for something so cheap. I give my thumbs up for anyone wanting to give this one a try. If you like it you get a TON of product, if you don't buy it somewhere like CVS so you can return it if you aren't pleased. Good luck! :)

Update: I've been using this instead of a foundation this summer and I'm loving it even more. It doesn't bother my skin and if I apply it carefully it doesn't feel heavy or gross even when I get very hot at work. It doesn't cover up all my scars and imperfections but I don't expect it to. If I'm going without foundation I know my complexion isn't going to look flawless, but this does seem to cut the edge off my and soften up my complexion. I give it two thumbs up when used all by itself :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just ran out of Avon translucent loose powder which I love translucent powders because im nc40 and they not change the color of the my foundations. I remember my mom and older sister used to use this powder back in the 80s to set their maxfactor makeup, this powder is blast from the past! My family bought translucent and also used it as a body powder to stay dry. So I bought this to set my revlon colorstay, and boy is it cakey, like old lady cakey. I look like lucille ball. I prefer a sightly satin finish, then I tried this with a thinner foundation amd its just as cakey, hmm... Maybe I will use it as a body powder this summer...lol or throw it away since the scent it annoying and made in china too. Thats what I get for being curious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THANK YOU MUA! I had used this powder as a teen and totally forgotten about it when i spotted a review and gave this old standby another try.

I bought the powder in Luminous, Naturally Neutral, and Translucent Extra Coverage. The new packaging is by far the better way to go as the cardboard box is bulky and doesn't hold up quite as well. I could only find the luminous version at Kmart and will have to find a container to transfer the powder to since I am not thrilled with the cardboard container and don't want to carry it in my purse (too big and bulky).

I apply this with a brush and not the included puff although i do like to keep the puff in the container to keep the powder from getting all over in the lid. This stuff is AMAZING! Goes on like a dream, feels so soft on your face and gives a glowing finish. Keeps oil at bay and stays on through 100+ temperatures here in Arizona. Unlike other powders it does not dry out my skin or settle into lines making me look older.

Honestly this stuff is a miracle! I am thinking about stocking up since it is so hard to find. Does anyone know what the shelf life of this product is?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just saw the vintage packaging and bought it! It is authentic vintage face powder which I have found no where else!!!! love it, amazing finally something pale enough for me, mattifying and illuminating at the same time, classic face powder, i will keep repurchasing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Yungha

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just seen the box and reached down and bought it! I have seen my mother use this Airspun face powder many times as a child. After opening the box to see what was inside, the smell brought back so many memories. During the war we had very little comforts, but some how she was always able to keep a box of the fabulous powder in her makeup kit. She looked like a china doll and her skin (even as she aged) was creamy and smooth and when she passed on at age 54 she was just as beautiful!!
I never dreamed that I would be using this myself, but I just love the coverage, color and fragrance! Happy Mothers Day Mom, I love you so much!! See you soon!

49 out of 50 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by GrainOfGold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this facial powder as my first time ever using a powder. I have been using it as a foundation for the past couple of days and have minimal complaints. Aside from the fragrance (which is not awful, but definitely strong), this product has certainly been doing it's job. Thankfully haven't seen any breakouts. I opted to buy the powder in the "Honey-Beige" color, and it suites my face perfectly. Keeps my skin from looking oily, however a touch up is necessary a few hours after first application. Would purchase again, however maybe fragrance free is the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by missaelync

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

absolutely love it! Looks nice and flawless! Good coverage and never looks cakey! My permanent powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by XOXkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eh, i'm really not too impressed with this. I read all the great reviews and i had to go get some for myself. The smell is AWFUL and even my friends asked what smelled like old lady (so embarrassing), and it didn't even provide the airbrushed coverage that people have claimed. I decided to try the fragrance free one, but i wasn't impressed with that either it just looked weird. The price is great, but other than that i'm not impressed. Will NOT repurchase, and i'd be happy to give it to anyone on here who loves it.