October 24, 2014 | 1036 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by MindyMarie

Ok so First off, Im 26years old, with oily acne prone skin, This is the best thing my absolute HOLY GRAIL makeup item.
Its a really cute packaging, I apply my makeup foundation then I use my own makeup powder brush and sweep it all over my face, it is so silky and so soft and def. keeps your face matte. It it amazing stuff, no one really knows about it, it always kind of hides in the makeup dept. I always get mine at Wal-mart , located in the makeup section by the makeup brushes. The price is so good for how amazing it is, its only 5-6 bucks.
Now a while back ago- they had the old school vintage cardboard packaging, When I couldn't find this anymore i like freaked out and went to every store posible to find it. So I gave the new packaging a try and it is plastic, i LOVE this one even better, once you open the lid to the powder, there is a clear thing and has a couple of holes, and i was like wtf? but :) thank god you can take that off, and I bnow i always count on wal-mart to have this, I personally always get the extra coverage translucent powder, now if your super dark skinned toned im not sure how this will look on you, im faily tan and i love it, and i top it with some bronzer n blush and again top with a little more powder.

A must!!! If you have any questions my email is Magiikal@aol.com
Hope you enjoyed
~Mindy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Kalady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE (8/7/2014)
This powder continues to be a cheap, effective, elegant staple. Keep in mind that if you're a makeup flirt like I am, this will never run out for you because there is so much product in the sifter... I'm still not done with my container. Even after all these years, it smells, looks, feels, applies, and sets the same as Day 1. Since I transitioned back into the naturalest of natural makeup, this setting powder is my foundation. Still love, still recommend.

_________
The Basics:
PROS: soft, clean scent, doesn't irritate sensitive skin, mattifies beautifully, covers minor redness, doesn't look cakey, feels nice, looks like real skin (only better), inexpensive, lots of powder
CONS: none to be noted.
This powder is absolutely amazing. I needed a good, clean setting powder for my concealer as well as my T-zone. I was so impressed by the quality of this product, especially for the price ($5 at Walmart). It is fine and cottony soft, blending into the skin beautifully. I love the smell and the elegance of the packaging. The look it gives is almost "soft focus;" it blurs imperfections and covers minor redness. The container is absolutely full still and I've used it every day for over 4 months. I've recommended it to everyone I know. Very impressed. 5/5.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by lexlovesmakup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only good thing about this product is that it was under 5 dollars at my local Walgreens. Thank god it wasn't more expensive, otherwise, I would've flipped. I am reviewing the extra coverage version, not the shades or normal version. First off, the smell is terrible. Even the unscented version (I bought that too) smells. Its TERRIBLE!! The smell permeates your clothes, your hair, just EVERYTHING. Whomever pointed out that this stuff smells like Grandma is so right. Second off, It leaves my skin feeling like it can't breathe. Third, the packaging is a nightmare!! I had to transfer it to a Tupperware container, lest it spill in my makeup bag. Finally, this powder was made for women with very light complexions. To any woman out there who is olive-skinned or darker: don't even try it. The amount of blending you have to do is just not worth it, and even then, an ashy, dry looking residue is left on your face.
Overall, I would NEVER buy this product again, I would never reccomend it, and I would say to never waste your money, as I can think of a better translucent powder (Elf hd powder), for a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reviewing the "regular translucent" - not "extra coverage" or any of the powder "shades"
I walked past this a MILLION times in my local wallyworld w/out giving it a 2nd glance - I remember my mother (&I think even my grandmother..)using this powder when I was a child! Saw several FOTD pics on the MUB with raves of this powder so I picked it up on a whim - didn't expect to be too impressed w/it though, as I'd been using Tarte's Smooth Operator for several years to set my foundation.. Gave it a try though & I am impressed!! I don't use this everyday b/c I'm experimenting w/HD powders (silica mostly for oil control, MUFE HD, for example) & I'm not thrilled w/the packaging (even the new packaging) but I poured some out into a sample/travel jar that I had (it's always good to have a few of these laying around!) & have been applying w/a blush brush from the smaller jar. For reference I'm almost 30yrs old with oily, warm, fair skin. Only very slightly acne prone but very much clog-prone. So far no issues with clogs/breakouts/etc &it's been approx.30x now that I've used it and there's still just tons & tons of product remaining! So I will repurchase, if I ever need to in this lifetime Lol :) It's definately replacing my beloved Tarte Smooth Operator, not sure if it'll outlast some of the other loose powders I'm recently test driving this humid summer on my oily skin but hopefully I can update in several months!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by irie725

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recently bought my second container of this. The first was when I was in my late teens, or early 20's. I'm 55 now so I can't remember really. Imagine that! Back "then" I loved the retro-ness of it! I use the translucent extra coverage. I happen to love the powder puff it comes with. To me I find if I load it up and press the powder into my skin , not wipe, then use my powder brush to brush off any excess, my makeup stays set most of the day, if not all, and very little if any of my problem oily areas break through. I don't know if I ever used up my first package of powder. I don't think I really appreciated it as I do now. I have tried SO many since. I know now how good of a product it truly is. I love the smell and the packaging, they both make me smile, and stir a comforting feeling in me. I'm really glad to have re-discovered this quality product and it pleases me to hear so many others are liking it too.
I think this was my HG all along , so I can stop wasting my money on everything else under the sun no matter how much their advertising says how wonderful they are!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I love trying cult products, especially if they are retro. I've wanted to try this for years. I'm sad I missed out on trying the original paper box, but I know the plastic containers are an improvement on the original design.

So after years of wanting to try this product I picked this up in Naturally Neutral. I would normally pick up a translucent version, but I liked that the Naturally Neutral powder had a bit of yellow/warmth to it. The Translucent version seemed a bit more pink and I really try to avoid any sort of pink tinted powders be that face powder or eye shadow. I like my pink on my lips and my nails.

This perfume has a pretty noticeable scent, so if you are sensitive to scents I would avoid this product all together. The smell doesn't bother me personally.

I tend to not really like the look of face powder because it is a dead giveaway that you are wearing makeup, but I will say that unless I'm sitting in air conditioning, powder is necessary to set my foundation.

I use cream foundation (Gerda Spillmann) and this sets it nicely. I use a powder brush to blend in a small amount of this powder into my makeup. I really try to buff this stuff in as much as I can because like most powder this will cling to fine hairs on the face. I'm a hairy girl so I always have problems with powder highlighting (in a bad way) my facial hair. I don't know of any face powder that doesn't do this.

I've used a few other face powders in the past (Rimmel pressed powder, MUD loose trans. powder, Mac Blot Powder, etc.) and this performs nicely compared to those. I really loved Mac's blotting pressed powder, but I wanted to try something new. I can't really make a good comparison between this product and the Mac, but I think this product is of a decent quality for something so cheap. I give my thumbs up for anyone wanting to give this one a try. If you like it you get a TON of product, if you don't buy it somewhere like CVS so you can return it if you aren't pleased. Good luck! :)

Update: I've been using this instead of a foundation this summer and I'm loving it even more. It doesn't bother my skin and if I apply it carefully it doesn't feel heavy or gross even when I get very hot at work. It doesn't cover up all my scars and imperfections but I don't expect it to. If I'm going without foundation I know my complexion isn't going to look flawless, but this does seem to cut the edge off my and soften up my complexion. I give it two thumbs up when used all by itself :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just ran out of Avon translucent loose powder which I love translucent powders because im nc40 and they not change the color of the my foundations. I remember my mom and older sister used to use this powder back in the 80s to set their maxfactor makeup, this powder is blast from the past! My family bought translucent and also used it as a body powder to stay dry. So I bought this to set my revlon colorstay, and boy is it cakey, like old lady cakey. I look like lucille ball. I prefer a sightly satin finish, then I tried this with a thinner foundation amd its just as cakey, hmm... Maybe I will use it as a body powder this summer...lol or throw it away since the scent it annoying and made in china too. Thats what I get for being curious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

THANK YOU MUA! I had used this powder as a teen and totally forgotten about it when i spotted a review and gave this old standby another try.

I bought the powder in Luminous, Naturally Neutral, and Translucent Extra Coverage. The new packaging is by far the better way to go as the cardboard box is bulky and doesn't hold up quite as well. I could only find the luminous version at Kmart and will have to find a container to transfer the powder to since I am not thrilled with the cardboard container and don't want to carry it in my purse (too big and bulky).

I apply this with a brush and not the included puff although i do like to keep the puff in the container to keep the powder from getting all over in the lid. This stuff is AMAZING! Goes on like a dream, feels so soft on your face and gives a glowing finish. Keeps oil at bay and stays on through 100+ temperatures here in Arizona. Unlike other powders it does not dry out my skin or settle into lines making me look older.

Honestly this stuff is a miracle! I am thinking about stocking up since it is so hard to find. Does anyone know what the shelf life of this product is?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just saw the vintage packaging and bought it! It is authentic vintage face powder which I have found no where else!!!! love it, amazing finally something pale enough for me, mattifying and illuminating at the same time, classic face powder, i will keep repurchasing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Yungha

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just seen the box and reached down and bought it! I have seen my mother use this Airspun face powder many times as a child. After opening the box to see what was inside, the smell brought back so many memories. During the war we had very little comforts, but some how she was always able to keep a box of the fabulous powder in her makeup kit. She looked like a china doll and her skin (even as she aged) was creamy and smooth and when she passed on at age 54 she was just as beautiful!!
I never dreamed that I would be using this myself, but I just love the coverage, color and fragrance! Happy Mothers Day Mom, I love you so much!! See you soon!

49 out of 50 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No