Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Got this to try as a cheaper alternative to current GA loose powder. It give a nice finish, however I cannot get past the gross lingering old lady smell, I think others can smell it and probably making others think oh she smells like my grandmother. Does not give me any nostalgic thoughts, just the thought to wash it off. Will not repurchase and will probably throw it out. May try the unscented version.

on 1/3/2013 11:11:00 AM

I think I've tried every powder on the planet, from Cover girl to Estee Lauder to Chanel and Bobbi Brown and this is by far the best i've ever used. I love the colors that go with my fair skin. If I want to look super pale I can use the Neutral or Translucent or if I want a little color there are options in rose, peach and beige. The powder sets my foundation amazingly and I never get oily or shiny AND it doesn't dry my skin out either. At the end of a long work day if I want to go out all I have to do is dab a little of the powder on my face and I'm good to go for another 8 hours. I used to reapply from work to going out but I don't even need to with this. I can use a brush and give myself a light makeup look or, as I usually do, use a sponge to give a full makeup look. I LOVE it and will never use another powder again.

on 12/29/2012 8:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Works okay, but I can't get over the strong smell!! I've had it for a few months, and though I've gotten a bit more used to the scent, I am moving on and won't miss it. I won't be purchasing this again.

on 12/26/2012 6:59:00 PM

I really like this powder!! It has such a nice finish and doesnt look cakey at all. It fills in fine lines and just creates such a nice finish and lasts all day. would totally buy this again but theres so much in the container i dont think i'll have to for a reallly long time :)

on 12/19/2012 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I don't even mind the smell. I actually love the way it smells. It has a vintagey grandma smell lol but I actually like it and hope they never change the smell.

The powder sets my foundation very well and I rarely need to touch up my face when I apply this powder. Love this!!!!

on 12/16/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Finally, the perfect setting powder has finally found me!
I adore this powder. I use it after foundation to set everything, and it works marvelously. The great thing about it is that you can pack it on and it won't cake. Wonderful for me, because I always feel the need to layer my powders, even though with this and my Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation, my makeup is unlikely to budge.
Some have complained about the smell. True, it's a bit old lady-ish. It dissapates, but it did leave the scent on my brush, which a washing took care of. No worries, it's one of those scents where only the wearer can smell, and even then it's only a few minutes. Kind of reminded me of my grandma, though I doubt she ever used this powder, or makeup in general. Still, nostalgia is wonderful.
The packaging drives me crazy. it's next to impossible to get anything out of those itsy bitsy holes. So I took out the sifter and now I control how much I need. I place the sifter back in for traveling. So far, no major upsets (knock on wood).
You get a ridiculous amount of product for the price. I will definetly repurchase...if I ever run out.

on 12/5/2012 6:23:00 PM

This is a great setting powder. It does not cake up whatsoever, even if you apply wayyy too much it still looks natural and amazing. It keeps my face matte and natural looking all day. It is very affordable and I will definately replace (when I use up some other powders I have) They better never discontinue this stuff!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've had this powder for over a year and I haven't even made a dent in it! You don't need much and there's so much product. I have the round "box" version and yes it smells like an old lady but I don't mind it, like everyone says it reminds me of the old vintage vanity's and glamour :-) it sets my makeup like no other, and makes my skin look flawless. I don't think I'll run out any time soon, but I'm going to buy a couple for back up, some reviews said its discontinued and that scares me! Lol as it is, its already hard to find usually always sold out, so better safe then sorry. All in all, its a wonderful powder, sets beautifully and never looks cakey. Love it!

on 11/18/2012 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder is absolutely the best powder in the history of EVER!!! My grandmother used this powder and I have such fond memories of watching her put her makeup on and finish with a simple dusting of this powder. Her makeup always looked flawless. When I started doing pageants, I used this product to set my stage makeup and it did its job, and then some. I never thought to use this outside of pageants, simply due to the fact that I thought it was "stage." One day, I ran out of my regular powder, so I reluctantly broke out my Coty. I used a small dusting of this powder and it lasted all day. I had more compliments on my makeup that day than I had ever had! I started using Coty everyday and I haven't looked back. It doesn't take much and I use it strictly to set my concealer, but it does the job and it does it spectacularly. I would recommend this to everyone! In fact, I use it on my clients: wedding, prom, pageant, portrait, quince, and more makeup!

on 11/15/2012 8:05:00 AM

Sheer but keeps make up in place. Dig the retro old lady scent too. Nice affordable finishing touch.