Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara

3.7

Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PVP, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, PPG 26 Buteth 26, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Caffeine, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Apigenin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide 17, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide 1, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate

on 7/5/2012 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

very messy application with this one, made my eyelashes look very spikey, gunky, clumpy and unattractive will not re-purchase. I will say thou that it did not irritate my sensitive eyes thou , so therefore It gets 2 stars instead of 1.

on 7/3/2012 1:19:00 PM

I have tried a variety of mascaras, but this by far has been my go to and most used for two primary reasons;

1. My lashes are noticeably longer AND thicker after one month. Prior to using this brand, my lashes would barely reach the middle part of an eyelash curler. Now, my lashes reach the top of the curler. This is a small miracle for me.

2. Longest lasting and less smudge. I can wear this all day at work (9-10 hours) with no smudging. I tend to accidently rub my eyes a lot too )contacts) and this holds-up pretty well.

Only downfall is clumping. Yes, mine clumps on occasion, but I just use a fine toith eyelash comb to work through it and that does the trick. I also wish there were more sales for Rimmel brands because I would def stock up on this mascara.

on 7/3/2012 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have ultra short lashes, and using this always makes me feel and look like theyve extended and fuller.

I think after 2 months of everyday use it starts clumping but definately improves the look of my lashes.

I normally like MAC zoom lash but for this price for rimmel mascara, why not go for a cheaper substitute that does the same thing,

on 6/26/2012 11:32:00 PM

I got this because it came with a free eyeliner type deal... I've used several different mascaras and this one take the cake! It goes on beautifully, easily, and I remove it rather easily as well compared to many others... I've only had it a week so I cant comment on lashes growing, but I already have nice lashes and this just accents them the best!

on 6/26/2012 3:00:00 PM

I only bought this because it was on sale and it came with the kajal eye liner pencil. I truly wasn't expecting anything amazing. I've been using the mascara for 7 weeks now, 5-7 times a week, and I must say I noticed a dramatic difference at about 5.5 weeks. My short/medium length lashes are now a lot longer! As a mascara, it doesn't clump, doesn't fake and doesn't smudge. I have cried in this and I don't end up looking like a raccoon afterwards. You definitely have to give this mascara some time to work though, don't expect longer lashes in a week. I would say that this mascara definitely beats out some of the more expensive mascaras.
If you're hesitant about this mascara, I would say to give it a try, especially if it's on sale!

on 6/21/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I picked this up at Big Lots for under 5 bucks! I figured it wouldn't be a huge loss if it didn't work for me. I have very short, thin lashes, with zero volume.Anyway, I've been using it for a little over a month and I have seen a difference in the length of my lashes, although it is subtle. However, the amount and volume of my lashes didn't change. The applicator has a tapered shape so it makes the little lashes easier to get to. What I like most about this product is that it doesn't flake (!!!!!) I've tried so many mascaras that were good, but flaked horribly, thus making them completely useless by the end of the day.

One thing to note is that this product does smudge, so I would recommend you get waterproof if you have watery eyes, or plan on crying alot (smile). Also I really wish it could not only lengthen lashes, but add volume to the lashes. All in all, its a good product, and worth a try if you want a cheap alternative to lengthening your lashes.

on 6/17/2012 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've had sooo many experiences where I'll buy a product and get my hopes up, but it won't do anything for me that it promised. I was looking for a lengthening mascara and I picked this up NOT expecting it to change the ACTUAL length of my lashes. Let me say, I was blown away when after about a month of using this I noticed a difference. I was confused at first because it seemed like my top lashes were thicker, and my bottom ones were much longer, and I had no idea why. Then I finally realized it had been a month since I started using this, and I was shocked! A product that works! It's clumpy the first few times you use it, but it gives insane length and I've actually gotten a ton of compliments! I love this!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I had bought this mascara a couple of years ago and I decided to try it out again because I read so many positive reviews.

I don't like the results from this mascara. I experienced next to nothing in terms of volume and the formula is so soupy that it was hard to apply without it getting on my eyelids. I did see some lengthening, but it was hardly spectacular.

Pretty disappointed by this product, actually. Mediocre length, no volume and a wet, messy application. Would not purchase again.

on 5/28/2012 11:58:00 PM

I bought Rimmel's Lash Accelerator to try out some cheap lash growth mascaras! Unfortunately, my asian lashes did NOT experience any lash growth after a month's worth of using the mascara. However, all is not lost because I find that the wet formula of the Lash Accelerator mascara paints the upper crease below the eyelids very, very nicely ;-) You just need a lash brush and you need to wipe some of the product on the lash brush. Then wiggle the brush where the crease is and you get a lovely, darkening effect to compliment your eyes and whatever else mascara you use! I would buy Rimmel's Lash Accelerator mascara again JUST for crease darkening purposes.

on 5/24/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I have 3 Rimmel mascars on rotation right now, and I have to say I love this one the most. I havent been using it long enough to notice any growth, but it applies like a dream, isnt clumpy, and makes my lashes appear longer and fuller without messy fiber tubes. Its very easy to apply and take off, but it doesnt smudge or run during the day. I have yet to have a bad experience with Rimmel mascaras.