April 19, 2014 | 1778 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by janerhays

Lengthening - It says after 30 days your eyelashes are longer. Im not sure they're terribly longer but more consistent in length and they don't fall out as often as they used to. Even if they dont make them naturally longer you can almost build a stack I swear and it's the least clumpy formula I have ever had. I'm just getting a new tube and my last tube is barely drying out now (3 months later).

Volume - not the best BUT Really good for multiple coats. It's somewhat thin but the brush is really tiny and thin with lots of bristles that aren't little plastic cones so they apply a decent amount and get closer to the root and the smaller lashes. Also great for bottom lashes. If you want volume you'll need a few coats though.

Clumps/Coats - At first it takes awhile to dry so I'd get it on my lids but I would just finish and touch up w a q-tip with no troubles. Seems to last awhile because I always use 3+ coats everyday or twice a day and it's very rare for a formula to last me this long especially without getting dry and clumpy! And the brush is still in like new condition!

Color- I originally had "black" cause I didn't know they had extreme black (which I got today and am SO excited for). But regular black was blacker than  DiorShow for sure... Probably most mascaras. I'm hoping the extreme black is like Diorshow blackout or Maybelline blackest black as I love super black mascara.

Lasting - Staying power is really good. It NEVER flakes off during the day for me and doesn't run (unless in the shower or you cry a lot... But I don't have (and haven't seen) the waterproof kind.  In terms of later in the day a lot of other mascaras clump lashes together. This has the be the first one I have found that truly doesn't! My lashes are much more feathery looking almost like a little fan instead of spikes. For me I am weird and often break off the ends where mascara is with most mascara and only do that now the morning after IF I sleep in it (shame on me anyway). Touch up coats later in the day.... Eh not the easiest, but doable. I always think that looks bad compared to fresh anyway. Easy removal and doesn't burn in my eyes or and I haven't noticed a funny smell (though I haven't sniffed it haha.)

Cheap(er) than department store. Sort of pricey for drug stores. I think it was like $9 when I got it at Target but anywhere here (I moved to the UK) sells for the equivalent of like $13-15. But totally worth it I say and still pretty cheap!

Overall - I've had more compliments on my lashes and questions about if they're real than I've probably ever had. It's not the most volume but it has the fewest clumps or flakes without looking wet. If you like feathery long and dramatic lashes (how can you not?) I do recommend. If you like natural looks you may like it with fewer coats as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Vergey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! I used it on my eyelashes, bottom and top, and also on my eyebrows to fill them in with a little brush I have.
It DID naturally lengthen my bottom lashes, and my eyebrows, but for some reason not my top lashes. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and it's already noticeable.
I'd recommend it. It's one of the finer lash products I've used, and for a cheap price.
It doesn't thicken lashes though, only lengthens, so when I bought it I also bought the volume mascara of the same brand and make, which so far hasn't really volumized my natural lashes, but makes a good pair with this mascara to thicken what this one doesn't.
Give it a try, and if it doesn't work for you move on to the next one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by porkiepine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm new to wearing mascara, well cuz I really don't wear makeup. But I decided a few months ago to try wearing mascara. I've read some good reviews about this so I gave it a try. My verdict, I definitely don't think it's the best mascara out there (I hope! cuz I'm still in search for the best one). I would say it's a good mascara esp for it's price. I didn't like it at first, but it clamps less as I continue using it. It didn't give me the long lash effect I've always hope for (I'm Asian and I have very short straight lashes). But, I notice last week after I took off my mascara, my lower lashes longer than it used to be. So whatever formula they put in that mascara is somehow working. I wanna try a different mascara but I'm not sure if I want to stop using this one since it helps my lashes grow longer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

Really nice, light but very lengthening and clump free. Took a lippie off because it smells bad :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by ReaganLizzie

This is a wonderful product! better than any maybelline mascara I've tried or designer. It truly lengthens lashes and does not clump as long as you don't put too much. It's very good if you want an everyday, nondramatic look. The reasons I took off a lippie are 1) it does not lengthen your natural lashes as the packaging says 2) It doesn't do a whole lot for volume, which takes away from the "wow" factor. But it is still lovely mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by HoneyDipp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

It's okay!

love the brush but thats because i prefer a small wand. Does make my lashes look nice after it finally dries. But im wasHOPING this would actually help with GROWTH BUT NO, i use this everyday and they look the same...AND....im even using the RIMMEL SERUM that goes with it every night...( don't even bother with that) i'll rant about that on the actual product review.

i would buy this again because i do like the mascara, just need it to speed up the drying process.

its whatever, i've had better

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by saireen25

I really liked this mascara.
pros
-it's soft on the eyelashes - you don't get the heavy feeling that most mascara's give you
-it does as it says - basically it give your lashes a lengthened look, however, it doesn't give voloume to the lashes but it does state clearly that tis mascara is only for the length. Rimmel have the Volume Accelerator mascara for that
-easy to apply

Cons
-Sometimes it tends to clump - but not really bad clumping...5 seconds on a radiator and the matters solved

I would buy this product again

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by angeladivine

I bought this product because of the obvious, I have small asian eyelashes, and I didn't want to spend a lot. However, you get what you pay for. This DOES work if you stick with the directions of the mascara. I stopped using it because it created this 'raccoon' effect on my eyes. YUCK! It took a VERY long time for my eyes to dry. It did make my eyelashes LONGER but most def. NOT fuller.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by kaq009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this mascara. I love Rimmel and have always had a great experience with their products. First of though, I do like the wand. Its not too thick and I like how the bristles were distributed. However, I found that the formula was too watery and it took FOREVER to dry. Throughout the day, it kept on bleeding through my under eye area as well. Also, it felt really heavy on my eyelashes. I only put on 2 light coats of it and it flattened the curl out of my eyelashes which was really antagonizing because I have short straight Asian lashes and it takes a lot of work to get my lashes to curl. Maybe I just bought a bad one since many people like it but I'm too frustrated with it to try again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Crystal44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great Mascara. I don't believe it has any affect on growing lashes longer but it lengthens & volumizes really well. For me the best quality about this mascara is its lifespan, it lasts AGES before being too dry/clumpy to use anymore. I love that, great value for money.