July 28, 2014 | 2081 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Allison95

The only thing I liked about this product was the packaging simply because the pump. I heard nothing but good reviews on this concealer so I decided to try it out because I have really bad dark circles around my eyes. I usually put my foundation then concealer on but I decided to put this concealer on first because it was a bit orange. Which I didn't mind because all the hype. Well this foundation got took back. I honestly didn't do anything worth $20 that my $6 concealer didn't do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Believe the hype over this. This product is my HG concealer BY FAR for under my eyes. I have never found another concealer that didn’t crease, and brightened so well. I am NC15 in MAC’s pro longwear foundation and I also use NC15 in this concealer, however it does have a significant brightening effect. I use this under my eyes after my foundation and Bobbi Brown corrector in light peach, and it is beautiful. I find it is best applied with a Beauty Blender. It has very good coverage, and if you want more it is buildable without caking up. I also set this with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light, and it creates a beautiful radiant effect that I love so much! I also use this on my face whenever I have a pimple to cover up when foundation just won’t do the job, and it covers perfectly and lasts hours and hours. The name “Pro Longwear” is so perfect for this concealer, it will last under my eyes for 16+ hours, and on blemishes for at least 12 hours. I will definitely repurchase, recommend, and rave about this concealer!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Kfoley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recently purchased this and I really like it. It seems to be the only thing that can remotely cover my dark circles, it stays in place and works well under my powder. My only issue like most others is the pump that dispenses about 4x the product you need. I've started to pump into a second container and using that for subsequent days because if I threw out the leftovers every time I would be wasting 3/4 of the product. I find the price good for MAC and also in comparison to other high end concealers.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by BeautybyElle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this concealer all the time it works great, i don't really even have any complaints probably only the price but i already know since it's a MAC product that it will cost a little more than competitive brands.

Anyway back to the concealer it works great i can put powder over it and foundation over it and it makes my skin look flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Full coverage
-Easily blended
-No harsh scent
-Sets to a satin-matte finish
-Lasts forever on the face without touch-ups

CONS:
-Pump top distributes too much product
-Price

BOTTOM LINE:
Would consider repurchasing when I run out. This concealer is great for covering up dark circles and blemishes and did not appear to break me out. It also lasts very long and is easy to apply. My only gripes are the price and the fact that the pump top spills out too much product. I only need a quarter to half of what it gives me and the rest is wasted. Boo.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

The first time i used this, i was in love. Blended nicely, stayed on forever and covered up everything. I have extreeemly dark circles and dark spots, and this covered it. But as i continue to use it.. it seems to not look as good as when i first applied it i guess? i'm always trying new things so that maybe it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First things first. The pump on this is horrible. You always get WAY too much product. What you have to do it put your thumb on the side of the pump before you press, this stops the pump from going all the way down, and getting too much product....which is wasteful! That aside I do like Pro longwear concealer. I've used this under my eyes (NW20) and on blemishes (NC20) and I have to say I prefer it used on blemishes to under eye. The reason being it is VERY DRY (due to being long wearing) and even though I have no wrinkles under my eyes it does make them look dry and wrinkly....even overtop of eye cream. If you ARE insistent on using this under the eyes...use a brush like MAC 224 and apply in small circular motion for a more light, natural application. Otherwise this will look extremely heavy and crack. On my blemishes I just use my finger and apply, let set and then apply foundation. Works perfect. NC20 works when Im a NC25/30. This concealer (and the foundation) due tend to oxidize and go darker so a little on the light side tends to match better than it being too dark and obvious. I wouldn't recommend getting the foundation in place of the concealer. Yes, you get more product but the coverage is NOT as heavy on the foundation. The concealer is more concentrated. It truly is long wear like the name states...so this is amazing on oily skin and also for someone with a active lifestyle!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by starstruck82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING for under your eyes cause it does not crease! Finding a concealer that won't crease has been a journey for me so I'm so happy I found this. It also will not budge anywhere else on your face once set. I love that its full-coverage too. Other concealers like the studio finish (long time love) just seem to fade away throughout the day but this does not. The packaging is annoying as everyone else says but you can just use another container to store excess. This has quickly become my FAV most reached for concealer, replacing my love for studio finish. Definitely recommend it!

Read more n see before and after pics: http://missrubyroo.blogspot.ca/2014/03/mac-studio-finish-prolongwear-concealer.html

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer, my only complaint is the pump because it dispenses way too much. Coverage is great, lasting power is phenominal, packaging is adorable, I love it. Although currently I'm dealing with severe dry and flaky skin, I can't wait to use this when my skin is normal again. Will most definitely be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by redstone1365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I just got home and tried this concealer immediately after cleaning my face. I was at duty free earlier and thought of buying myself something from Mac. While I was browsing on the internet I even read the reviews of this concealer here on makeupalley and was enticed with the glowing reviews of this product.I decided I needed a new concealer because my favorite concealer has been discontinued and I'm into my last bottle. I am the one who easily reacts to any product that doesn't suit me so my plan was to try it out and wash it off right away so it doesn't stay very long on my face.Good thing I did it that way. When i was applying it on I could already sense this is not a good one. Even when I applied eye cream prior to the concealer it still feels sticky and difficult to apply, The coverage is too thick and gives a gray cast around my eyes. Immediately. I washed it off with a my regular cleanser. I saw few small red spots around the area of my eyes where I used it. THIS THING CAN GIVE YOU A HUGE REACTION OR A BREAKOUT. And it's not even a good concealer!!! I should have read the negative reviews prior to my purchase. I so regret having wasted money and where i live we can't return products we don't like. Now, I've lost some hard earned dollars and gained red spots!!! Worst concealer ever!!! BEWARE!!!!!!

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No