September 30, 2014 | 996 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

goodbye dark circles!!!!!
Miracle concealer! I've been using this for the last 4 months and it works wonders.
I was addicted to studio sculpt concealer and since it was discontinued i was looking for something to replace it, and the truth is that, if i've used Pro Longwear since the begining, i would have never left it.
The formula lasts forever on my skin, doesn't melt, gives the best coverage for everything, specially dark circles that lately became my biggest problem.
I didn't find hard to blend as some reviewers said. The faster you work with it, the easier.

BUT, what the hell is that pump? You will definetly lose some product until you properly work with this pump. At least i lost a lot of them until i was familiar with it.
That MUST be improved by MAC.

The formula dries very quickly, so you have to work fast. I was used to put concealer on every spot that i wanted to conceal, and then i worked with my brush. With Pro longwear, if you want the best results, i think you should not do this, it's better if you conceal right after putting on your face because the formula will dry fast and it will be harder to blend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by sparksfly22

This concealer works wonders on dark circles, but the thing is, you have to be quick when blending the product or else it will dry REALLY quickly and look cakey. I HIGHLY recommend you trust your instincts when buying this product and finding the right shade. With me, the MAC sales associate advised me not to get anything under NW25, mind you Iam a NC 30. So when I went home and tried it on..... let me tell you, it literally looked like I had two DARK ORANGE eyes. It was horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by CandiceLee

I got a sample of this stuff after seeing countless tutorials of makeup artists using it. After using it for about a week I had to go buy it! Very rarely am I willing to spend the money for high end makeup when I can usually find a drugstore dupe but this was my one exception. And for $20 it's gonna last for freaking ever! I can use this under both my of my eyes and prime my eyelids with 1/2 a pump. So far I'm loving this concealer! I've even used it to cover a few blemishes and it's held up and done a good job. I was loving the maybelline dream lumis for under my eyes but I felt like I was always running out of it. Even with it being a cheaper option I felt like I was spending too much for a product I constantly had to buy more of. The MAC one is gonna last a lot longer, cover better, and it'll be a long time before I run out. Go get you some!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by MariahGabrielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off the packaging is just a sleek glass bottle the problem I have with it is the horrible pump. Even with the tiniest amount of pressure it lets out way too much product.

Coverage: medium can be build able to full but you run the risk of it looking cakey.
I use it under my eyes and it's great at highlighting with good coverage but this creases on me within the hour of applying.

It does last all day, if repurchase for the mere fact of I love the way this highlights rather than covers.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Ellam77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This concealer does have it's good points. The coverage is great and the staying power unrivalled. However, I do have a few issues with it. Firstly and most obviously, the pump bottle's a nightmare. Secondly it's quite difficult to blend and I find that even using a thin layer it's impossible to get a finish that doesn't look fake and cakey. I'll definitely be going back to my nars radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Markella1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Do you have REALLY DARK undereye circles? Read this!

I'm very fair and the skin under my eyes is thin, so this makes my undereye area look purple-red. This has been a huge insecurity of mine, so finding the right concealer was crucial. The main thing i'm looking for is coverage.
I've tried evey concealer you can think of! Literally, i'm 25 and have been trying out concealers for years! Nothing was good enough! I couldn't find a high enough coverage, and even when i did the products had a tendency to crease or budge within a few hours, or look drying under the eyes.

This is now my HG! I don't know how i lived without it! The coverage is EXCELLENT, the highest i have ever come across. It spreads and blends very easily! It sets to a matte finish, but it's NOT drying at all! Once it sets it simply DOESN'T move, crease or budge AT ALL. I've slept with it and woke up the next day and it was still intact!
I simply couldn't be happier with it!!

I got the shade NC 20 , which is a tiiiiiiny bit too yellow for me, but since my undereye circles are purplish/pink i didn't want to add more pink to it by purchasing NW. The yellowness counteracts the purply shadows. If your dark circles are more on the blue/green side, then maybe an NW would be better for you

This is also really good on covering the occasional blemish/redness i have on my face of course! Just make sure you blend the edges well and the blemish is gonne!

The only negative i can find is the pump, which disposes more product than you need (if you only use it for undereyes and a couple of spots).
Totally recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by MissMoorman

I really like this product, it is very full coverage and covers any blemishes I have very well without needing touching up. HOWEVER, I wouldn't recommend using it in your under eye area because it creases there very easily. It does make a great eyeshadow primer and works as well for me as Urban Decay primer potions do. I hate the packaging, the pump is a waste and it's very hard to control how much product you get. The only way I've found to manipulate the pump is by pressing down extremely slowly and stopping as soon as you get the desired amount that you want. All in all, if you have a lot of blemishes or want a good eyeshadow primer, I'd recommend investing in this concealer. Otherwise, find a cheaper brand since this isn't exactly cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This concealer is great to use in areas you want to highlight, and also has a decent level of coverage. The colour matches well to the skin, and blends easily. It provides all day wear. What I do not like on this product is the pump. I love products which come with a pump, but this pump is not effective at all I'm afraid. I try to pump out a small bit, but I can't. It pumps out way too much, and it ends up being wasted! The product cost $32AUD so it's not cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by csprincess

This concealer is wonderful because it doesn't look cakey at all on blemishes or under eyes. They have a wide selection of colors which is nice. I also don't have to touch up my concealer throughout the day. The only thing I did not like about this product is that you cannot control how much concealer comes out of the pump. I don't have to use very much which causes me to waste a lot of the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Louisaa2215

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't think this product is worth the rave, it creases underneath my eyes and it doesn't cover much. I was so disappointed. It just brightens underneath my eyes and it doesn't cover my blemish. It's a good product but not too amazing I would say. I would buy it again as it does brighten underneath my eyes and does not crease as much as all my other concealers