October 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Cat82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation is just brilliant!!!! Literally doesn't budge but also doesn't look thick or cakey!! Absolutely love it!! I use the number 100 for natural day time look and when I've no tan on, and number 200 for night time or to blend in when I have tan on!! Amazing stuff!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Lalipop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Oh dear, why do make up companies have the nerve to always change their formula's when it was already wonderful to start out with. I remember the good old days when this came in a tiny tube but wow it was amazing then. Outwitted my expensive MAC and Estee Lauder foundation. Now however they changed the bottle, formula and entire color shade spectrum. The first I purchased the new formula I was totes optimistic, thinking it would be the same awesome foundation just in a new bottle version which I was thrilled about. However when I put the ivory shade on my face I knew.... I just knew that I have been so wrong. My face was a awful AWFUL pale white. I've never seen my face that white before despite it having the exact shade name that I used before, when they still had the old formula. I was disgusted but had to stick it out because I'm too poor to just go running off to buy a new foundation. For weeks I had to endure my pale face. The consistency of the new formula was also a much thicker, harder to work with mess. I can't use my fingers to apply this AT ALL. I need a sponge. Lasting power was wonderful however, but it like I said, my face was a pale white shade and that couldn't be fixed by applying it right.

I recently got money again and decided to try this just one more time in their sand beige color. What could go wrong?! I mean, sand beige is usually my color anyway and perhaps my face would look better with the right shade and the thick consistency wouldn't be such a big deal anymore. BIG MISTAKES. My face was dark, orange and HIDEOUS looking after application. This color was waaaay too dark! I was so upset. I felt let down. Sand beige has NEVER looked too dark on my skin, regardless of the brand. It always seemed to match well. I was so disappointed. My favorite foundation has officially gone RIP cause they seemed to have changed the color range and now it's so messed up. I highly doubt that mixing the two colors would fix the problem since the one is way too dark and the other way too light. I would probably end up looking even worse (if that's possible) with the two mixed. So sad cause this was the ultimate HG foundation for me. Oh well... now to try and find something else :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I have two tubes of this foundation! It's great! It lasts all day in heat, humidity, this is my go to along with revlon color stay for a long wearing foundation. However I wish it did offer more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am on my second tube of this and the first has lasted me for a long time. It gives a medium to full coverage and I love the fact it's a squeeze tube instead of those pumpless, glass jar foundations you find so often in the drugstore. It is super affordable and I would prefer this over the Revlon Colorstay.

Like most of Rimmel foundations, it has a really nice scent that I enjoy. It's more affordable than some other drugstore foundations (Revlon Colorstay is $21 here in Canada and the Rimmel one costs $8.99. Think I got it on sale for $5.99 or $6.99). It is very easy to blend in to the skin and it literally lasts all freaking day. The longest I had it on for, sad to say, was almost 12 hours and it looked the same as when I applied it earlier that day. It isn't exactly a mattifying foundation so I use a powder after I apply it and I don't need to blot until the 5th or 6th hour.

Overall, it's one of my favourite foundations and I would definitely continue re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by craines

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this out after struggling to find a makeup that is the correct color, goes on smoothly, covers well and doesn't break me out.
I liked:
Price cannot be beaten
Color was perfect-warm ivory
Application was effortless and it looked instantly flawless
Covers very well
Feels light
I didn't like the super-shiny look and after a few hours, my skin was so irritated because of how oily my face had gotten! Will try it with a super-absorbent powder as this foundation is too good to give up without a fight!
UPDATE:used oil absorbing powder and that has helped reduce the oil. Has not broken me out yet. Very happy with this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by MissAkyna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It works perfectly if you like medium to full coverage. In the winter time I use 100 and decided to get some color in me this summer so I was at a 202. A little goes a long with this product. it's smooth, the first two colors are a little ivory, but the rest are quite beigey and yellowy. You don't need a whole lot to use, just finish it off with powder. It does get cakey if you keep building it. I've got extremely oily skin, so this somewhat helps. I'm only oily if I'm not hydrated enough, which seems to be all of the time because I'm lazy. Overall, great product, and I'll continue to have it on hand!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by shellylamb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

the first time I used this site last week this was highly recomended so I whent to lloyds chemist and bought some. it was about a fiver so I thought it would be rubbish. how wrong was I! it goes on great its great coverage and it lasted all night. I love It love it love it. the only down side is that its in a flipin glass bottle so its hars to get it all out but at that price who cares.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

Application: I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender or my fingers.

Texture: It's a little thick, very easily blendable and smooth.

Finish: It sets to a slightly satiny finish, leaning to matte, but not flat matte.

Coverage: medium to heavy medium.

Color match: 200 Soft Beige is a pretty good match for my NC30 skin.

Oxidization: It hasn't oxidized on me.

Skin type: My skin is normal to dry, these days.

Smell: I find it a delicious floral scent, some people won't like it.

Longevity: It really lasts, but not intact. It starts losing its freshness after around 5 hours.

Did not break me out.

Will you repurchase it? Most probably.

Overall, I really like it. I don't LOVE it to bits, because I tend to love foundations with a more glowy finish, but then again, those don't last too long. It manages to be long-wearing and have close to full coverage without clinging to my dry patches or looking cakey, dry, etc. It's a very nice product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by kathleenlunn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation!
It looks great on my skin.
I wasn't sure if I should buy it or not and I was in the store thinking so I asked the woman behind the counter she said it was great! She also said she was wearing it on her face and her face looked great! So I brought the foundation
I instantly tried it on and it looks great when applied with your fingers, sponge or a brush!
Its not sticky or dry. Its just right.
I really do recommend this foundation!
Best one going,

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant to try a Rimmel foundation after trying their BB cream (thumbs down!). But I really wanted to find a long lasting makeup for my oily skin.

I'm really happy that I tried the 25 hour Lasting Finish foundation. It feels really light on your face. It's quick and easy to apply - I just used my fingers. It covers all of my redness and dark spots from left over blemishes, but it's not cakey or heavy feeling.

I set it with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder, and I had nice matte skin that lasted all day long. This stuff stayed in place until I removed it at night. It wasn't hard to remove with my makeup wipes which is a bonus too.

This foundation deserves more attention. It's a great makeup - especially for $5 :)