December 18, 2014 | 875 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Maccazan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always liked gel-moisturizers better. What I love about this one is the way it is rapidly absorbed, and instantly gives a sensation of freshness to my skin. The amount I need is minimal, therefore that tiny jar can last for months.

It has an amazing scent (which is usually a huge issue for me). What else can I say? Everything about this moisturizer makes me happy.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

Love this product it is great for my skin. This is not for dry skinned people, if you have dry skin and have this I'd suggest using under makeup or under primer
Pros
-product dries fast so no greasy feeling on skin
-amazing refreshing light scent with a nice cooling sensation
-pretty cheap price and u only need a bit to do whole face so great value
-I like the packaging it allows you to use entire product with no waste (I don't get people's obsession with everything needing a pump)
-skin feels fresh and healthy after applying and I don't feel like it's clogging pores
Cons
-no SPF
Over all great product I think it will be great in summer as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

I really like this moisturizer. It's one of the few products that I've been dying to repurchase (this is rare for me since I'm really picky and rarely love a product enough). It is very moisturizing but somehow it's still very light weight and is oil-free so it doesn't make my oily skin extra greasy and doesn't break me out. This is perfect for for the harsh winters here in Canada for those with oily & acne-prone skin :)

The ONLY down side for me, as others have mentioned, is the packaging. I wouldn't mind paying an extra dollar or two for it to be in a pump bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is a good hydrating gel (I wouldn't call it a moisturizer) for combination to oily skin. It is great if moisturizers are too heavy/greasy for you, but you still need a product to get rid of dry patches, or if your face feels tight after cleansing but gets oily throughout the day. This will add the perfect balance. I suggest applying after you get out of the shower, while skin is slightly damp, which will retain the moisture better. It does have alcohol in it, unfortunately, which will result in the product sinking into the skin very quickly if you have dry skin, leaving you with little to no moisture. Hence, I only suggest this for oily dehydrated types like me! I had a bad reaction to an AHA product due to my sensitive skin, which resulted in dry patches all over my face for a week, yet my skin would produce oil throughout the day. This product really helped restore my natural glow, and the alcohol in it did not irritate my skin at all. I will be searching for a similar gel-cream product without the alcohol, but this is still a good product to add a bit of balance to oily skin.

EDIT: While I still think this is a good gel for oily skin, I have replaced it with Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion, which has very simple yet effective ingredients, performs the same if not better than this, and doesn't contain alcohol.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this. It absorbs quickly and hydrates well. I'm almost done with it! I love the gel texture.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by missyoualready

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a pretty good product for the price. I bought it as a dupe for the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. I have fairly oily, acne-prone skin and I usually use this at night and after showers to refresh my face. What I like about this product is that It makes me feel hydrated and takes away dryness after a shower. However, I don't like the consistency and it leaves my face feeling almost wet. I just don't feel like it is doing much for my face aside from leaving it refreshed and cool.

I don't think I will be buying this product again, might just splurge on the Clinique gel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can't understand why anybody would like this.It dosen't moisturise, it's packed in a jar,it's fragranced and it's FULL of alcohol. Never again.Contains no skin beneficial ingredients like antioxidants or vitamins. POOR product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by markychv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the ONLY moisturizer that my oily sensitive skin has been able to tolerate and doesn't make me break out or sting my skin! I put a good amount after my shower and it just melts in and makes my skin look AMAZING! Definitely worth every penny for me ! Packaging could have been better than this unsanitary jar but i am willing to overlook that for such a stellar product!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup963

this is the first gel face moisturizer I've tried and I love it. I find that the gel is more refreshing than lotion and dries quicker so I can apply foundation on top with not much of a wait or hassle. the reason i like the packaging is because it's very sturdy and holds a decent amount of product and i feel that if it was held in plastic it would not be able to hold it's refreshing effect as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by theartofeloquence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is so great! The winter has made my skin (especially on my chin and upper lip) super dry, yet my forehead remains very oily and acne-prone. This moisturizer has helped immensely to clear the acne and smoothen my skin. Also, it leaves a nice matte finish once you've used a light coating all over your entire face. I love it!