November 23, 2014 | 1945 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I'm giving this product the worst possible valuation!

Why? It is jar packaged, gives me milia and it is absurd priced!
It is just silicone gel that fills a bit (visual) your eye lines. Nothing more, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Laurel15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite eye cream ever. I've been using this for 7 years straight. I've tried other products from L'Oreal to Chanel, and Estee Lauder ANR for Eyes is still my HG eye cream (or gel, actually).

One jar lasts me about 5 months. I use it twice a day, morning and night, after I wash my face. A tiny dot the size of a grain of rice under each eye is all that's needed. Follow the instruction sheet: Pat the gel on lightly with your middle or ring fingers. Don't get it too close to the eye - it will work it's way around your eye after you apply it.

It makes my eye area feel like silk. I use this before I apply a concealer, and it helps the concealer to glide on and keeps it in place (keeps it from settling into lines).

I am 38 years old and have no dark circles. My eye area looks really good - no puffiness and very few lines. I am very happy with how my eyes look for my age, and I credit this product (along with plenty of sleep and a good diet, avoiding the sun, etc).

A few times I forgot to take this when I traveled, I really missed it! It is an excellent product, worth the price.

Keep the product tightly capped, at store it in your dark cabinet. At the Estee Lauder counter, the sample is often left uncapped and it dries out. But yours won't if you take care to cap it after use. You can keep your eye gel clean by using the applicator that comes with it, and clean the applicator after every use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reviews are really all over the place for this product! Hopefully I can help clear up some misconceptions that I read... It is ridiculous to say that this product does nothing, when one could at least speak of the moisturizing effects. It makes your eye area feel like silk. Like a few other reviewers noted it has a nice emollient cream/gel texture and you can use just the teeny tiniest amount and still get a lot of moisture on your skin since it is a very high quality product. I don't think a pump vs. a jar would be wise of EL to make because you can just use such a small spec of product, so I gave the packaging a 5. They use the dark glass container because there are probably some essential oils and natural products which require dark glass to keep it's potency. (Wine smell is coming from the natural ingredients). If you have one that doesn't work it probably has been exposed to too much light which is bad for storage of product like these. Anyway, you can literally feel the tightening of the skin when you have this on, and the moisture also speaks for itself. I do feel that this helps with dark circles, but not sure about wrinkles because I don't have any yet. I do feel a very slight sting if I get it in my eyes, but I find that totally disappears after about 5 minutes-no lingering after, which is not true of most eye products. Usually if it stings it stays but not with this one! Also, I don't think you need to warm up the eye cream it's probably best applied straight from the jar to get full effects.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is great. I got a 15ml GWP. Im a student and get dark circles under my eyes from late night studying and stress. I've used cheaper drug store eye creams but all they do is moisturize and cause milia seeds eeew :( So I was excited to try this. You need the tinest amount so I think the cost is decent because it will last bloody ages! I dip the tip of my 4th finger in it and pick up a tiny amount, then warm the product b/w my 2 fingers and gently pat around the eye area. It doesnt absorb straight away but give it a couple of secs and it will sinks in and leave no residue. It has never stung, or caused milia seeds on my eyes :) it just leaves it moisturized and looking fresher. Ive been using this for 3 weeks and it has helped brighten my dark circles. They are are much less noticeable. I dunno if they will completely disappear over time but so far I am happy with the way my eyes look. I havent noticed a reduction in lines but like I said Ive only been using this for a short time and Im not expecting miracles. However I do believe it will be effective in preventing lines from forming. Overall it is a good quality eye cream that I will def repurchase. I wanna try the ANR face serum now!

UPDATE 11/06/09: Ok had to take off 3 lippie because this stuff gave me a milia spot under my eye which is taking agessss to go away. So now I have stopped using this and I've noticed that my dark circles look 2x worse than they did before using this product!!! wtf?!?! Not impressed! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Poisonous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm on my 3rd bottle now. the texture is great, sinks in straight away. I only use it at night but you can use it during the day underneath your concealer as well, it won't go flaky. It sort of is an all-round eye cream that doesn't specifically target dark circle/fine lines, but I'm still young and I don't wanna use sth too strong. so I'd say this is a good night treatment for those younger than 24. For an eye cream the price is reasonable, and one bottle lasts from 6 months upto a year.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by edinak86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks now.. I can somewhat tell it's working! I am only 23 but I am getting major lines around my eyes.. I have tried Lancome, and some other expensive products for eyes, but sadly nothing worked for me.. I really hope this one works better.. if anyone knows a really "good" eye cream, please let me know. :))

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by missjoe

i really love this product. i put it on around my eyes and on my forehead every night and i've noticed the lines around my eyes and on my forehead are looking less prominent. it's kept my skin soft and i haven't had any issues with breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2009 11:00:00 AM More reviews by al82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product unfortunately broke me out,i wanted to love it as im currently loving the advanced night repair serum.i didnt like the texture either it feels to heavy and gloopy like vaseline!
after day 7 i started to come out in millia and itchy red patches.
definately not for anyone partial to sensitivity.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by amarie4632

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a good product. Never had any bad experiences with it, in fact, my face did look re-newed. I would purchase again, however, it's just too expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by aleka11

WARNING! This product really messed my skin up around my eyes. After a few applications it started making my skin really dry, read and it hurt like hell.

Then I experienced extreme dryness and lines due to dehydration. I actually had to wear really basic products for 6 months to correct the situation around my eye.

I assume that I am either allergic to one of the incredients or that this cream is really not good for dry eyes and sensitive skin

I would never buy again or recommend this product.