MAC Matte - Omega

4.6

on 2/21/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this because my store was out of cork and wedge. Im starting to like it more and more as I use it. I bought it in pan form (that explains the packaging rating). It really is a light color and it barely shows up on my skin. I find if you use a good primer, and you pack it on its quite a nice lid color. Overall its decent. I would probably buy cork instead.
EDIT-
Since writing this review Omega has really become my go-to color. Its now my favorite all over lid color. I'm about to hit pan on it, and I think I will repurchase :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This one loses a lippie for me because its not my favorite. I found it hard to se at first but I do like pairing it with carbon or expresso. I prefer wedge on my skin versus this one.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

this colors really pretty i didnt relize i asked for the wrong color at mac then relized i didnt care cuz it looks amazing with my fav mac eyeshadow brule.i find it to be a weird color though cuz it looks kinda greenish but when you apply it it kinda looks like a kahki color a liitle bit

UPDATE: one of my favorite crease colors it looks so natural and easy to blend

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I discovered this shade on 2002 when I first stated purchasing MAC. Since then, I've lost count how many times I've repurchased it. I buy one probably every six months. It's one of the most versatile shades out there. First of all, if you're pale and blonde like me, it makes the GREATEST powder brow filler. I've bought other products, but nothing compares to this shade on my brows. Secondly, if I want a no-makeup makeup look, I always use this shade in the crease. It creates this very soft contour, that looks entirely natural and soft. It's a boring colour in the pan, but it totally brings out my blue eyes.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought Omega thinking it was going to be darker than it really is.When I swatched it on my hand I really liked it,but the lights at MAC must play tricks and are brighter than once thought because once home it barely shows up,which surprises me sense I'm so pale.The color that does show up on me just makes me look sick,dirty, and tired.I'm taking it back and trying something else.

on 12/30/2009 6:07:00 AM

I love this colour as it is so amazingly vesatile! I would describe it as the matte version of "patina". It is a light brown colour with golden undertones that can be used as a brow filler too.

on 12/28/2009 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As everyone else has said I use this product as a brow filler (I'm blonde as well) and it works perfectly for that, but as far as using it as an eyeshadow I can't say I'm a fan.

on 12/27/2009 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I heard about using this product for filling in blonde eyebrows on YouTube. I had been searching for a good brow filler forever, because pencils aren't my cup of tea. I LOVE it for my eyebrows! Applying it with an angled brush (MAC 266) makes for a lovely natural look.

I will say that I don't love it as an eyeshadow though....it doesn't seem to show up very well on my skin (I am NW20-ish). However, I didn't purchase it to use it as a shadow, so I'm not too bothered.

on 12/14/2009 9:16:00 PM

I bought this shadow to use as a brow filler and it works perfectly for that. I have golden medium brown hair with blonde highlights and this shadow makes for the perfect brow filler on my natuarlly sparse brows. It looks totally natural but my brows look so much better. It took me a while to try this out on my eyelids because since it's a matte I thought it would be difficult to blend. To my suprise this is very easy to blend. I use it on my lids sometimes for a simple look because the soft brown shade is understated but kind of pretty. I don't use it on my lids too often because I tend to go for shiny, shimmery finishes on my lids, but this is the only product I will use on my eyebrows!

on 10/26/2009 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

this is probably Wedge's older and darker sister.. it is a true neutral beige/grey/taupe shade and it has worked for me since 1993!

oh yes, I have hit pan on this ES many many times and will probably continue to do so... Many times I use it as a contour with Blanc Type on lids, and it defines the shape of my eyes. This is all I need on some days.

This is a near perfect color -- if you love matte neutrals, this is a must have.

Top Rated MAC Products