MAC Satin - Cork

4.5

on 2/26/2010 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am in love with this color!!! I use this color almost always!!! It's just the perfect color for my crease if I'm doing a smokey eye!!! Love love!!! Great pigmintation.. not too dark.. not too light.. just the right amount of color!

on 2/17/2010 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A must, a staple for anyone who applies makeup.

Since 1994 -- lasting love!

on 2/17/2010 2:25:00 AM

Love it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

ok.
so cork...
its not one of those colors you can JUST put that ONE eyeshadow and leave the house.
it's.. a great crease color but not a great lid color, just because its so dark , unless you're going for that smokey look.

It's great! It applies well and the packaging quality is very good too

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ok, this is one of those go to eyeshadows. If you don't own something like this go get this one. It is perfect in the crease or as a transition color. It applies very smoothly. The color is perfect even though in the package it won't say BUY ME. Well go and get it. You won't be disappointed.

on 1/22/2010 5:56:00 PM

This is my favorite brown shade because it's so subtle and natural looking on me. I alternate this with Soba (which I also really love), and wear it mostly as a crease shade. It's the perfect shade of brown with warm tones - For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.

on 1/20/2010 8:57:00 AM

I am asian (see pic in profile for skin tone) and although I do have double eyelids and a crease above my eyelids, I don't like that defined crease look. It just doesn't look 100% right on me.
Cork does look nice in the crease, but my favorite way of applying this e/s is this: I use MAC's 252 brush to apply Ricepaper e/s (great highlighter and base) on the entire lid up to the browbone. Then I use the 272 brush (239 works aswell) to apply Cork on 2/3 of the lid (starting from inner lid going outwards) up the the browbone. It's kind of like rather than applying the shadow in the traditional V-shape at the outer corner, I do the opposite by extending it into a V at the inner corner/lid and blend the 2/3 up the the browbone by using the 217 brush. (Sorry for my bad english, I hope it does make a little sense ;-) ). Reapply Ricepaper on browbone (I only reapply from arch to outer end of the eyebrow, blending downwards to outer corners) and in inner corners. This technique actually is giving me some depth illusion, my eyelids look deeper.
Then I use dark brown eyeliner (winged out), mascara on curled lashes and some undereye concealer to cover up those dark circles if needed. This is a great neutral, polished eye to pair with a nude lip during the day (great for work) or with bold red l/s in the evening like Ruby Woo. If you got some extra time, dust a little bit of bronzer all over the face (my HG is Laguna by Nars) and apply some peachy, corally or rosey blush on the apples. It looks amazing!

on 1/4/2010 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome eyeshadow. I just bought this today, (first time visiting mac!) It is pigmented so you can choose to lightly apply it for a transitioning color or something, and can also use a normal amount for a crease color. I am an Asian and prob cool toned. This product looks great on me :) I use it with a 222 brush (got it 2day too) and put it in my crease/fold. I definitely recommend it!!!

on 12/31/2009 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a pretty, multi use cool medium brown. I bought it trying to decide between this and 'soft brown' for a color to blend out darker browns. I do use it to do so, but its a little too dark for that in my opinion..what I absolutely love this for is an all over lid color on lazy days. I pack it on thick by the lash line with a 239, pull it up with the same brush, then use a 224 the rest of the way up to get a pretty graduating effect..
This color is super versatatile: a staple crease color, great brow filler,perfect shade of brown for lining the lower lash line with brown looks, and my favorite new way to wear it, all over the lid. I think this is a great color to have in your collection.

on 12/30/2009 10:57:00 AM

I'm suprised that I haven't reviewed this before, but I'm glad I didn't because I probably wouldn't have given it a good review. I never really used it because I have deep eyes and have always believed that brown just makes them look even deeper. So, it was thrown to the back of the stash. But then after trying some new looks, I discovered that it looks so beautiful in the crease, and is a beautiful color to soften up a smokey eye look, may it be black, green, blue or purple. It also looks great with baby pinks as well. I'm so happy I found this color again.

Top Rated MAC Products