August 30, 2014 | 1695 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Cork

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by clouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite brown shade because it's so subtle and natural looking on me. I alternate this with Soba (which I also really love), and wear it mostly as a crease shade. It's the perfect shade of brown with warm tones - For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by gleam

I am asian (see pic in profile for skin tone) and although I do have double eyelids and a crease above my eyelids, I don't like that defined crease look. It just doesn't look 100% right on me.
Cork does look nice in the crease, but my favorite way of applying this e/s is this: I use MAC's 252 brush to apply Ricepaper e/s (great highlighter and base) on the entire lid up to the browbone. Then I use the 272 brush (239 works aswell) to apply Cork on 2/3 of the lid (starting from inner lid going outwards) up the the browbone. It's kind of like rather than applying the shadow in the traditional V-shape at the outer corner, I do the opposite by extending it into a V at the inner corner/lid and blend the 2/3 up the the browbone by using the 217 brush. (Sorry for my bad english, I hope it does make a little sense ;-) ). Reapply Ricepaper on browbone (I only reapply from arch to outer end of the eyebrow, blending downwards to outer corners) and in inner corners. This technique actually is giving me some depth illusion, my eyelids look deeper.
Then I use dark brown eyeliner (winged out), mascara on curled lashes and some undereye concealer to cover up those dark circles if needed. This is a great neutral, polished eye to pair with a nude lip during the day (great for work) or with bold red l/s in the evening like Ruby Woo. If you got some extra time, dust a little bit of bronzer all over the face (my HG is Laguna by Nars) and apply some peachy, corally or rosey blush on the apples. It looks amazing!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by dance00000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome eyeshadow. I just bought this today, (first time visiting mac!) It is pigmented so you can choose to lightly apply it for a transitioning color or something, and can also use a normal amount for a crease color. I am an Asian and prob cool toned. This product looks great on me :) I use it with a 222 brush (got it 2day too) and put it in my crease/fold. I definitely recommend it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by princessa00

This is a pretty, multi use cool medium brown. I bought it trying to decide between this and 'soft brown' for a color to blend out darker browns. I do use it to do so, but its a little too dark for that in my opinion..what I absolutely love this for is an all over lid color on lazy days. I pack it on thick by the lash line with a 239, pull it up with the same brush, then use a 224 the rest of the way up to get a pretty graduating effect..
This color is super versatatile: a staple crease color, great brow filler,perfect shade of brown for lining the lower lash line with brown looks, and my favorite new way to wear it, all over the lid. I think this is a great color to have in your collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by breesana

I'm suprised that I haven't reviewed this before, but I'm glad I didn't because I probably wouldn't have given it a good review. I never really used it because I have deep eyes and have always believed that brown just makes them look even deeper. So, it was thrown to the back of the stash. But then after trying some new looks, I discovered that it looks so beautiful in the crease, and is a beautiful color to soften up a smokey eye look, may it be black, green, blue or purple. It also looks great with baby pinks as well. I'm so happy I found this color again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cork is a great eye shadow for creasework or as a wash of colour on the lid. It's a simple must-have brown from MAC if you have a mediumish skin tone. It looks boring in the pan, but it's gorgeous and subtle when applied onto the eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ledabell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Even though this eyeshadow does not look verry good by its self , this eyeshadow is very good for people who have tan skin (mixed,hispanic,middle eastern) to us as your dark color. This color also goes good with a more lite brown (honesty) and a gold(mine) color.
I use those 3 for a natural look that has a little extra so it isnt so plain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

Favorite eyeshadow! Very pigmented, and does not crease! It stays on all day, and it is very true to colour. What you see in the pan is the colour that you get. A little goes a long way, you do not need much! It is a wonderful colour for the entire lid, or for the crease to contour. Totally worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jlinh2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome crease color. I'm a NC25 (yellow undertones) and this works beautifully to blend out darker shadows or add some dimension for a quick neutral eye. This morning I put Vex all over my lids with a 239, cork in my crease with a 224 and my eyes were instantly awake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I skipped out on Cork for a while because I already have Wedge, but they're really not that similar. Cork is a nice light golden brown. Definitely has a lot of yellow to it. It's gorgeous as a crease color with All That Glitters on the lid.