Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.3

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

on 11/16/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to liner. I am constantly cheating on this product with other liners but other ones ultimately prove to be inferior (Tarte, Givenchy, Benefit, D&G, Rimmel... just about every other liner on the market) and I always return to Stila.

In conjunction with UD's eyeshadow primer this truly lasts all day for me and I have extremely oily lids. After the 12-hour mark it begins to flake but I prefer that much more over raccoon-eye smudging.

I also LOVE the applicator on this... It's a felt-tip pen that is very controllable and forgiving. Other liners have an applicator that's either too thin or an annoying brush that makes it extremely difficult to create thin lines.

Will always repurchase.

on 11/13/2014 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've tried a lot of different brands/types of eyeliners, and thus far this one is my favorite. Despite my many years of using eyeliner and often doing a kind of subtle cat-eye, I am far from expert at applying this. This applicator makes it a LOT easier. Not compeltely foolproof, I still have to take my time and keep some q-tips handy for when I inevitably mess it up a bit, but it helps a lot. The point is fine and it spreads evenly, easily, so I am able to get a nice, medium-sized line, fairly quickly. It is waterproof as it claims, and once it dries it kind of sets, so if you mess up wipe it off QUICK, or else you will probably need to remove it all with an eye makeup remover. The only real downside I can say for this is that it isn't the darkest black I've ever seen. It could be a bit darker, for my preference. But, all other things considered, still my go-to.

on 11/11/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Based on the reviews on here, I bought this and have been really pleased.

It's easy to apply and lasted all day - through a gym class and cycle ride home (with the wind making my eyes water).

Excellent

on 11/11/2014 2:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Honestly, the best eyeliner in the world! As a person with oily skin this is a must have.

Typically I put eye primer then tarte's clay mineral powder, then stila's eyeliner. It never budges, and it last for hours. Seriously, I can wear it for 13 hrs straight. No smudges, no raccoon eyes and it's so easy to apply on.

I always carry it in my purse. If you love liquid eyeliner this is like the holy grail of eyeliners, I shall never touch another brand of eyeliner again!

on 11/10/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I much prefer these styled tips, I find them the easiest to apply. So quick to do a cat eye now, I just turn the pen on an angle and it's done it 2 secs. This doesn't tend to run into my eye creases like the last liquid eyeliner I had did. It is the blackest black too and you only have to run over your eye once for it to be completely opaque. I am wondering how long mine will last as I see a lot of people had theirs dry out rather quick, my last liquid eyeliner I purchased (from Dollywink) lasted me nearly 3 years which was remarkable.

Edit: Although the formula is still great, the tip seems to be fraying at the end already and I have used it max 5 times, which is quite disappointing. Will have to see if it gets worse, it was very hard for me to make a cat eye with a sharp end with this last night.

ANOTHER Edit: I've decided I will not repurchase this eyeliner. When I first used it it was great, but now, the end has frayed so I cannot make a sharp end and I have to use the side of the brush to apply it and it just doesn't come out evenly like that. Makes it very difficult to apply. I wore it last night and it completely wore off within a few hours too! Not impressed. I will be buying another Dollywink liner when this one runs out. Way too expensive for the amount of time it lasted me.

on 11/6/2014 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I gave this product the 'massage test', and it proved its worth! After a full on 2-hour massage [face down, then face up with eye pillows!], the liner stayed intact! Just wished the nib was angular, and the colour, a little more dense.

on 11/4/2014 10:16:00 AM

My HG eyeliner. I've gone through about 3 of these over the past 3 years. It's a great eyeliner and I use it all the time. The tip is great for precision but can get worn overtime. The product itself is great though. Will continue buying.

on 11/2/2014 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got this in a Sephora All-Stars set and it is probably my favorite product of the bunch. I have extremely oily lids and this does NOT budge at all - crying, humidity, sweat, etc...this stuff is magic. I've used liners before that literally transfer the entire line back to my upper lid - but not this! I have it in black and it's very true to color and dark..no fading. I've had this stuff for a couple months and it hasn't dried out on me! Although steep, I think it's well worth the $$.

on 10/29/2014 2:09:00 PM

I have to agree with just about everyone else here - this liner really is that good! I am not particularly skilled with liquid/pen liners but this is a breeze. It goes on smoothly, stays ALL day, removes easily with makeup remover, dispenses just the right amout of product and makes flicking out the corners easy. I've had it for a couple months, and it's not dried out yet.

I have the dark brown shade and it's a true brown, no weird red tones. Just ordered the Midnight shade so hopefully that's a hit for me as well. Will be difficult to not buy a bunch of these. Good work Stila.

on 10/29/2014 1:47:00 PM

Fantastic eyeliner! I wouldn't bother ever trying another liquid eyeliner again after this. So easy to use (ALMOST as easy to use as a pencil liner). Stays on ALLDAY, comes of easily with a make up wipe at night. Pen doesn't dry up after a few days/weeks, I have been using mine for about 10 months at least 4 times a week and it's still somehow going strong! Point stays sharp for flicks. Have only tried it in black, must try some of the other colours. Can't fault it!

Oh forgot to say me and my friend both had this on when we did our ice bucket challenge and it stayed put!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Faking a Crease: Smokey Eyes (great for monolids?) by KoreanLovesBeauty

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to look like a cute doll: Easy simple steps & ideas, Very Kawaii! by beautybysantaana