Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.3

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

on 12/14/2014 3:06:00 PM

An above-average eyeliner, but on my oily lids this does NOT stay all day. After a couple of hours of wear I always see some flaking AND some transferring up to the browbone area.
I bought two of these (Intense Black and Snow) and neither one of them gave me a nicely opaque color without a little bit of extra effort. As much as I wanted to love this eyeliner (it's so popular!) it just didn't live up to the hype for me.
My absolute HG eyeliner is Lancome's Artliner. It is positively budge-proof, smudge-proof, everything-proof. I have even slept in it and it still looked exactly the same as when I first applied it. That's what I need. I need my makeup to be as worry-free as possible and Stay All Day just didn't deliver that for me. It's worth it to spend the extra ten dollars or so for the Lancome one.
Won't buy this again.

on 12/14/2014 2:14:00 PM

I don't know how many times I've repurchased this, I'm probably on my fourth or fifth one. It was the first eyeliner and high end brand I ever bought when I started getting into make up. No regrets. I love this pen to death and will carry it to my death bed. It isn't completely waterproof but I question what eyeliner really is (still on the quest) it does stay in place. It dries quickly and has a slight sheen to it, in the past I did experience some transferring and a bit of flakiness but as of recent there have been none. After a bit of usage the brush tip will start to wear down but you're still capable of making a sharp and precise line.

I've tried many eyeliners from high end and drugstore, while I found some great ones I always keep the Stila on hand.

on 12/11/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Yes, yes, yes!!!! Pitch black color, great felt tip (makes winged liners and thin lines so much easier), stays all day. Would repurchase any day.

on 12/11/2014 9:56:00 PM

ATTENTION OILY SKINNED PEOPLE!
this is not waterproof! it will smudge and give you raccoon eyes.

NON-OILY SKINNED PEOPLE
when you first apply it isn't not very dark. you have to go over it a couples of times. I've used drugstore eyeliners with better formulas than this.

I recommend people to try mililani ultra fine tip liquid liner

on 12/7/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

After buying this eyeliner in Alloy, which is a very nice grey, I also wanted one in a dark blue. I picked Midnight, but for some strange reason it does not go on as smoothly as the Alloy color. It skips and makes my not so smooth lids look even worse. I wish I could return it, but I think I'll pass it on to my daughter instead.

on 12/7/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Stays on, is super black, and is easy to put on. You can draw a thin line or a thick line fairly easily with this. I have had mine for over a year and it has not dried out yet. Other than being expensive, what more can you ask for with this?

on 12/4/2014 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this eyeliner. I have very oily skin and I have tried many eyeliners from various brand. So far this is one if the eyeliner that doesn't smudge and stay pigmented more than 3 hours. It is more expensive than drugstore eyeliner but still cheaper compare to estee or Make up Forever range.

on 12/4/2014 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Stila isn't kidding around with the "Stay All Day" claim.

Not only did this liquid liner stay all day, it did so on my ridiculously oily mono eyelids on a 45 degree celsius day in Sydney.

What the what.

Respect, that's what.

At first i wasn't used to the stiff felt tip (I usually go for really thin, flexible brushes) but the pigment and wear time absolutely blew me away. 5 out of 5 Stila!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Liquid eyeliner scared me deeply! I had seen my friends use liquid and didnt like how it looked on them faded, flakey, and vague. I dont even remember why I chose this liner, as a beginner it was an expensive gamble. OMG! I loved it! It was super black, precise and lasting. It seriously is the perfect eyeliner I HIGHLY recommend this!!!

Background: I bought this in the colour Intense Black. I use it to draw a thin line on my upper lash line, often creating a wing at the outer corner. I have used it almost daily for around 7 months and it's only just starting to wear out.

PROS:
* Genuinely is an intense black colour. Unlike some other "black" eyeliners I've used, which come out as more of a dark grey.
* Easy to use. I find it's simple to create a thin, precise line with the felt tip.
* Long lasting. This product is waterproof and lasts 9+ hours on my eyes before it starts to fade.
* Reasonably priced. I paid AUD $20 on BeautyBay.

CONS:
* None?

I love this eyeliner! I have ordered another one and am eagerly anticipating its arrival :)

Note: I have oily lids but I use an eyeshadow primer (e.g. Too Faced Shadow Insurance) which also helps this eyeliner to last longer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to look like a cute doll: Easy simple steps & ideas, Very Kawaii! by beautybysantaana

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches