July 29, 2014 | 1980 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by savyy

Initially, it seemed to cover pores and wrinkles but the effect did not last long. This made me oilier too. My makeup didn't look any better with this and in fact, by the end of the day, my pores looked worse than without this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the Porefessional as a free sample from ULTA. My first thoughts:
A. Again, BeneFit. Rocking the product names.
B. What the hell is this stuff supposed to do?

So, it's supposed to minimize the appearance of pores. I'm currently not struggling with large pores, so I can't comment on its intended effectiveness. I will say, however, that this stuff feels like a dream.

Never have I put anything so light, so, whipped, so silky on my face. Mmmm. It also smells like heaven.

While I wasn't sure exactly why I was applying it to my face, I did notice the difference when I went without it for the day. Namely, my makeup was a lot harder to apply. Especially around my eyes. This is the perfect primer for those of us who end up tugging our skin around when applying concealer.

Highly recommend. It's a wonderful experience. The only reason I say I wouldn't buy it again is that I didn't buy it in the first place and I'm not sure I'd want to dish out that much cash.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a nice product and is a good primer but the price is an issue. I've tried this in the past and really liked it but i have found a couple of similar products to this and cost a fraction of the price. It costs about £23 for 30 mls of this in the UK which now seems ridiculously expensive compared to products such as Garnier 5sec perfect blur which sells for £12 approx full price in the UK and Avon Magix face perfector which sells for about £10 full pricein the UK. I should mention that both these other products contain the same amount as the Benefit product. They are the same consistency and the Avon one contains factor 30 SPF which the Benefit one doesn't(i don't think). So to sum up a decent primer but very over priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by estherchewyy

After much research on this product, I decided to give it a shot. What held me back initially was it's price. It is still a bit pricey for the size of the product but since I've been looking for a good primer, I've decided to try this out. Prior to this, i was using Tarte primer which works really great for me and after trying Benefit POREfessional, I love it! It has awesome coverage for my enlarged pores on my cheeks. I love its slightly tinted color. I tried it on for a day and its oil control is awesome. My T-zone has significant oil reduction at mid-day. I would definitely repurchase despite the steep price. It's worth every cent of it. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by pandagoth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, such a pity it is so damn expensive! It's the only primer that seems to work well for me. Use a small amount on your trouble zones (for me, it's the nose, forehead and under my eyes) and it's perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

Ugh! I love the look this product gives my skin, smooth and clear. But no matter how much or little i used, it always balled up on my skin.I felt this kinda defeated the purpose for being a foundation primer, because as soon as I applied my foundation, it would ball up. I like BE's Neutralizing Primer so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by rhoda35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this as a gift that had samples of popular Benefit products. This is one of my favorite products ever! It makes my skin so silky soft and I don't even have to put any foundation on. It is slightly tinted enough to cover up slight redness or splotchiness. It smells so pretty. And more of all it covers up the pores and I look like I have flawless skin!! So first I put my moisturizer/sunscreen, then this. The only negative thing is the price! But now I can not live without this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by rmoussavi

I used to have some bad acne as a teenager and has left me some acne scars and large pores. However, I am treating my skin with bio oil and skin care products so it is reducing slowly.

I like it but not LOVE it. It's weird as i apply it before my foundation, my pores literally DISAPPEAR. but as soon as i put foundation on, it appears again. but not as much as if i didn't put the product on. Even if i put the product over my make up it doesn't look right as my blush slides off on top of the area that i put on.

However, it is the best product to reduce pores temporaily with make up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does minimize the appearance of pores. What it doesn't do is help keep foundation color true, or help it to last. This may be a good primer if you're planning to go "au naturel" and skip the foundation/BB/CC cream. But if you are expecting a serious performer, this isn't it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by SHLAY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It provides such a smooth base for applying foundation. Moreover, it really does leave an airbrushed finish to the skin. I honest it even when I apply overtop of foundation. It is also not oily so it won't add too much layering like some other primers. It may be a bit drying for the winter, but I use it all year round. I highly recommend it it to those with oily-combination skin.