BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 1/2/2015 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Got this as a sample in a Sephora order, not sure what it's supposed to do but it did nothing at all whatsoever for my pores, they looked exactly the same. It feels like silicone, I don't see a point, glad it was a sample.

I know this review might be frowned upon being such a HG-status product lol but! I must be honest and share my experience with this product..

Before I start, it is winter time, and I'm sure im not the only one who experiences changes in their skin. Im normally extremely oily in my t-zone 24/7 365 days of the year, but since I live in Canada and its winter time, I have drier areas on my face.

So, for the past week or two, I tried applying the primer over THREE different moisturizers to see which would work best (L'oreal w/SPF, First aid beauty cream and Ole Henrikson creme), and dare I say the Porefessional turned into flakes off of my skin.. it was really weird. I tried patting it into my skin in my t-zone and it was fine, but it would still flake off the sides of my face.. So in the end, this product might be better for me in the warmer months or i have no idea... I returned this primer and purchased Smashbox's new pore minimizing primer, and it's been working really well.

on 1/1/2015 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After hearing so much praise for this primer, I was excited to give it a try. Unfortunately, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, it's fine, but I didn't love it by any means. It didn't fill in my pores whatsoever. They looked exactly the same as they would without this. I'm going to keep it and use it up, but I'm going to continue my search for a HG primer once this is gone.

I recently bought Benefits POREfessional 220ml tube for £24.50 at my local Debenhams store. I swear by primers and recommend them for anyone who is trying to achieve a full coverage look.
My personal opinion is that Benefits POREfessional kept my foundation on for longer and application of my foundation was easier. However, it was not any better than any other primer I have previously used. At the end of the day I could get the same results from a drugstore primer for more than half the price. I would not buy this product again simply because I grudge spending £24.50 on something that I could easily swap for something for £7.
As far as reviews for the product itself, the primer is of thick consistency and doesn't have really any particular scent. Due to the primer being thicker than your average, too much will cause it to flake which is not a good look!
Overall this primer is good but pricey.

on 1/1/2015 2:58:00 AM

I have tried a few different primers that focused on pore minimizing and this one is, more or less, one of the best performing primers that claim to make pores appear smaller.

I feel this works the best in conjunction with Hourglass Mineral Veil but alone it's still good. Alone, I find I do get a little oily, but powder fixes that. During the winter, I haven't experienced any oily skin or makeup becoming patchy. But during the summer with high humidity, I tend to get oily with this product (That's when I reach for Smashbox's Pore minimizing primer).

This primer does require some prep for it to look the best. Without exfoliating or moisturizing, it does show dry skin flakes. It has a teeny bit of color that I find is a plus if I don't feel like putting on foundation.

It does what it says it will do, so I'm happy. My pores are pretty big on my cheeks but with with this product they look average.

The texture is silicone-y, thick feeling but it does dry to a powdery/smooth finish and it doesn't feel heavy on.

Pros:
Pores do look smaller
Like the color it gives the skin
The bottle is nice

Cons:
Can get oily
Does show dry skin

My skin is combo but I think someone with very oily skin (try Smashbox one first) wouldn't like this product or someone with extremely dry skin.

Winter Makeup Skincare Prep Routine:

Hourglass Primer
Benefit PoreFessional

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is one of my best sellers so decided to give it a try. At first I thought it was nice under my makeup , pores looked smaller and foundation looked smoother. After a few hours it started to shine and look greasy! This product is suppose to be for all skin types! If you have oily skin stay away! It also clogged my pores! I gave this tube to my mum for her to try out, she has open pores due to age and this worked well for her. So if you have normal skin this is great for you but if your oily like me stay away. I prefer soap and glory fab pore lotion as a moisturiser before I apply foundation. It's cheaper and stops shine along with closes pores. A much better cheaper option.

on 12/30/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got the travel size tube to see if it was worth the hype and after a week and a half of using it, I can definitely tell you that this product is TERRIBLE! My first impression was great, looked to minimize pore size, did a decent job of blending out. But as the day progressed, I noticed it didn't really do much of anything for keeping my foundation in place. I mean, isn't that the purpose of primer? THEN, to top it all off, it gave me terrible cystic acne which I have NEVER had. All in all, this product isn't worth anyone's money.

on 12/30/2014 9:38:00 AM

I dont understand the hype for this product..or really anything from benefit to be honest. It does nothing for my pores and ends up looking like yellowish flakiness where ever I use it. Im literally selling it on eBay. Total waste of money.

on 12/29/2014 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product is very similar to Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector. They both are thick, silicone-y products that minimize the appearance of pores and reduce oily shine. However, they both also will emphasize dry skin and may clog pores. They cost about the same per ounce (the Benefit costs more but is larger). Clinique has two slight advantages over Benefit in this product category, however: The Clinique product comes in three shades while Benefit POREfessional comes in only one shade (though that one shade works fine on my very pale skin), and the Clinique product is fragrance free while the Benefit product has fragrance (and I much prefer fragrance-free products for my sensitive face).

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Mica, Iron Oxides, Limonene, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.
continued >>

on 12/27/2014 7:19:00 PM

This is my first time using a primer and I've seen and hear so many great things about this one. I have nothing to compare it to and I may try other brands. However I love the way this makes my skin feel. I've noticed a difference in the way my makeup looks too. I think it makes my foundation apply and look so smooth. I love the primer and I believe it gives my makeup that flawless finish.

Popular Primer/ Correctors