July 26, 2014 | 1004 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the Porefessional as a free sample from ULTA. My first thoughts:
A. Again, BeneFit. Rocking the product names.
B. What the hell is this stuff supposed to do?

So, it's supposed to minimize the appearance of pores. I'm currently not struggling with large pores, so I can't comment on its intended effectiveness. I will say, however, that this stuff feels like a dream.

Never have I put anything so light, so, whipped, so silky on my face. Mmmm. It also smells like heaven.

While I wasn't sure exactly why I was applying it to my face, I did notice the difference when I went without it for the day. Namely, my makeup was a lot harder to apply. Especially around my eyes. This is the perfect primer for those of us who end up tugging our skin around when applying concealer.

Highly recommend. It's a wonderful experience. The only reason I say I wouldn't buy it again is that I didn't buy it in the first place and I'm not sure I'd want to dish out that much cash.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a nice product and is a good primer but the price is an issue. I've tried this in the past and really liked it but i have found a couple of similar products to this and cost a fraction of the price. It costs about £23 for 30 mls of this in the UK which now seems ridiculously expensive compared to products such as Garnier 5sec perfect blur which sells for £12 approx full price in the UK and Avon Magix face perfector which sells for about £10 full pricein the UK. I should mention that both these other products contain the same amount as the Benefit product. They are the same consistency and the Avon one contains factor 30 SPF which the Benefit one doesn't(i don't think). So to sum up a decent primer but very over priced.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:20:00 AM More reviews by estherchewyy

After much research on this product, I decided to give it a shot. What held me back initially was it's price. It is still a bit pricey for the size of the product but since I've been looking for a good primer, I've decided to try this out. Prior to this, i was using Tarte primer which works really great for me and after trying Benefit POREfessional, I love it! It has awesome coverage for my enlarged pores on my cheeks. I love its slightly tinted color. I tried it on for a day and its oil control is awesome. My T-zone has significant oil reduction at mid-day. I would definitely repurchase despite the steep price. It's worth every cent of it. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by pandagoth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product, such a pity it is so damn expensive! It's the only primer that seems to work well for me. Use a small amount on your trouble zones (for me, it's the nose, forehead and under my eyes) and it's perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

Ugh! I love the look this product gives my skin, smooth and clear. But no matter how much or little i used, it always balled up on my skin.I felt this kinda defeated the purpose for being a foundation primer, because as soon as I applied my foundation, it would ball up. I like BE's Neutralizing Primer so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by rhoda35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this as a gift that had samples of popular Benefit products. This is one of my favorite products ever! It makes my skin so silky soft and I don't even have to put any foundation on. It is slightly tinted enough to cover up slight redness or splotchiness. It smells so pretty. And more of all it covers up the pores and I look like I have flawless skin!! So first I put my moisturizer/sunscreen, then this. The only negative thing is the price! But now I can not live without this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by rmoussavi

I used to have some bad acne as a teenager and has left me some acne scars and large pores. However, I am treating my skin with bio oil and skin care products so it is reducing slowly.

I like it but not LOVE it. It's weird as i apply it before my foundation, my pores literally DISAPPEAR. but as soon as i put foundation on, it appears again. but not as much as if i didn't put the product on. Even if i put the product over my make up it doesn't look right as my blush slides off on top of the area that i put on.

However, it is the best product to reduce pores temporaily with make up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It does minimize the appearance of pores. What it doesn't do is help keep foundation color true, or help it to last. This may be a good primer if you're planning to go "au naturel" and skip the foundation/BB/CC cream. But if you are expecting a serious performer, this isn't it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by SHLAY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. It provides such a smooth base for applying foundation. Moreover, it really does leave an airbrushed finish to the skin. I honest it even when I apply overtop of foundation. It is also not oily so it won't add too much layering like some other primers. It may be a bit drying for the winter, but I use it all year round. I highly recommend it it to those with oily-combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by actionaction17

I had no intention of ever writing a review for this product, until yesterday.

Let me preface this by saying my pores are very large, but contained just in the center of my face. My cheeks (under my eyes) and my nose. I received two samples of this from Sephora online, because I had reward points (for spending too much damn money) out the wazoo and on a whim added it to my cart for free during checkout.

The first time I used it I was disappointed. I put a dab in the center of my palm and smooshed my hands together, and began applying it like I do face lotion. After a few seconds of rubbing motion, it basically started balling up. I was done, I placed it in the very back of my make up drawer with other products I would never use but for some reason can't throw away.

A couple months ago I started noticing my pore size, after make up application, it was just horrible. I looked decent when I was in direct light, but if it was a directional light source (bathroom lights) it gave all my relatively manageable pores this... depth, their own damn shadows basically. So a couple of weeks ago I reluctantly pulled out the tube of Porefessional and pressed my finger into the tiny amount I had squeezed through the hole, giving my finger a tiny amount of substance, and pointed. I spent 3 minutes getting these little pointy peaks of product on my finger and then carefully poking it into the open pore. I have a few that standout to me more than others. ( I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who notices) but it was working. I did this for a couple days and then decided to try it again before putting on my makeup. I just got a tiny amount and bounced it along my troubled area, and then wiped lightly a few times over than, careful not to reproduce the balls of crap i'd experienced before. This careful and moderate application did wonders. I made it my routine for the past 2 weeks.

This morning, I was extremely tired and forgot to apply it. I barely had my eyes open and was going through the motion of applying my lotion, under eye concealer, and tinted bb cream...Mind you I didn't have my contacts in, so looking in the bathroom mirror is pointless for me, I usually hold up a hand held to see how i'm doing. Anyways, I get done and grab my hand held...I woke up completely when I saw my reflection. I swear my pores had never looked so big. I stared at my face for a while, trying to go over when I had ate the night before, if I drank enough water, did I get all my make up off...then I realized I didn't use the Porefessional.

I washed my face and started over it was that bad. I swear by this stuff now. I can only caution that you don't use it as a primer. Use it as a little hole filler. I watched a video by "Goss make up" on Youtube, a tutorial, and he said basically to stop rubbing it in right before it turns into a powdered form. For some reason I only like to watch tutorials and reviews AFTER I've fallen for a product.

I will be buying again in probably 3 years, because I use such a tiny amount.

For everyone who has accepted the fact that you can't and will never be able to change the size of your pores, this is the HG.