BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 12/26/2014 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the $12 sample size while waiting to pay at sephora! I've been dying to try this after seeing RhaeaEstelle rave about it! I also like putting something on my skin before my foundation to protect my skin and this does the trick but thats about it! Nothing bad to say about it but it did not really minimize the appearance of my pores to be honest! It feels super luxe putting it on before my foundation and feels super smooth! To be honest, if this wasn't marketed as a pore minimizer I might repurchase because i like the way it feels but I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to having the appearance of smaller pores! ! I'm glad I bought the $12 sample size though so anyone curious about this product, this size would be a good choice so you don't waste money if you don't like it! I'd been curious for so long I'm glad i tried it out!

on 12/22/2014 3:59:00 AM

I really like this product. I don't find it to make a big difference with the appearance of my pores, but I love the way it makes my skin feel silky smooth. It also evens out my skin beautifully, so when I apply foundation it always looks flawless. My reason for not repurchasing: it's expensive. I'd like to try some cheaper alternatives first, before I decide whether it is worth spending extra money on.

on 12/18/2014 8:54:00 AM

I've had this product for over a year, and I never use it as it's a complete waste of money! It does nothing to minimise the look of big pores. It just feels soft on your skin and makes your makeup settle and go patchy when you wear it. Don't buy this product, save your money!!!

on 12/13/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm going to start off my review by saying that I'm not sure I have large pores on my face, aside from my nose. I think that has something to do with the fact that I'm not sure what this product really does for me, since I don't see a difference when I put it on. Even if I do put it on the pores around my nose, it doesn't create such a drastic difference that I would be compelled to re-purchase.

This product is expensive, but I can see how a lot of people would pay that if it worked for them. I would be the same if it worked for me. It doesn't, but I want to be fair for the sake of reviewing and say that I may not have enough large pores for it to actually do its job.

Basically, if you're interested in this product, try to get a sample before buying a full-sized version. You may find that it does or doesn't work for you, but at least you didn't invest in something that you may never use again. My sister had the same experience as I did, and didn't see much difference. I think it's worth it to do some research, get a sample (or use some from a friend/family member) and see how it works. I think this product may be a hit or miss for most people, based on the mixed reviews here.

on 12/11/2014 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ehhhh.. I do really like this, but at the same time I just dont think it does a whole lot for me. It will completely fill in your pores and the smell is amazing (kinda citrus) the texture is border line silicone but still on the cream side to me. I don't exactly notice a difference when I'm using this, it doesnt help with my foundation and I think my pores look the same under makeup. The price was also a giant faction with my rating $37.00 CAD for 0.75oz ... yikes... thats a hefty price to pay for something that doesnt do much.. I'll continue to use up the rest because I do enjoy using a primer before my makeup but I will not be repurchasing this any time soon.

on 12/9/2014 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have never been a fan of primers. For whatever reason, I have just never had good luck with them. They never do what they say, are too heavy, the color is off, etc. This product has treated me well, however. I LOVE the way this feels on my skin...honestly, even if it didn't minimize my pores, I would probably wear it just for the silky-smooth feeling it gives my face. Thankfully, it does do what it claims and minimizes the look of pores. Don't get me wrong, this isn't going to make your pores just disappear(I think I might be scared of a product that seriously did that), but it definitely makes them less noticeable. It looks especially nice on the cheeks and nose, allowing foundation and blush to go on very smoothly. I would repurchase this product.

on 12/1/2014 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this product, it's beige when it comes out of the tube but once rubbed in you can barely notice it. I think it is a great primer for everyday use, it isn't too thick and heavy like some other primers I've used, but it definitely smoothes out your skin and minimizes the look of pores. It's my favourite primer, I love that it doesn't feel cakey, and it doesn't feel like it slides around on your skin like the Garnier Perfect Blur primer for example. Benefit always has the cutest packaging, but it only got 4 lippies because of the price (almost $60 in Australia).

on 11/30/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have a few pores on my nose, and on my cheeks, which I wish were smaller, but it isn't something that is pronounced. I don't struggle with large pores. Stressing that because I don't want people to avoid this if they think POREfessional is only for people with large pores. Don't want anyone to miss out on a good product!

POREfessional Primer/Corrector caught my eye while shopping at Sephora. The cute packaging helped it to stand out.

When I applied this at home, all I can say is….WOW. POREfessional evened my skin tone very well. Another plus is it is hydrating. YAY. This is a silicone based primer/corrector. I know some people breakout with anything silicone based, but my skin and silicone bond very well.

Applying fdtn over this primer/corrector is like a dream. Glides on like silk, and a small amount of foundation goes a long way. Finish with this primer/corrector underneath fdtn gives a fresh, soft look, complexion looks vibrant, and skin tone looks even . Another plus is the staying power of fdtn with this underneath. I now get the hoopla regarding primer!

on 11/29/2014 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just didn't love this primer. I bought it hoping it would be holy grail for me. I have oily skin and large pores in my t-zone. I didn't like the feel of this product, it doesn't glide on well. This primer has a noticeable scent to it and it really bothers me. It also caused my skin to breakout after using it.

on 11/26/2014 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This primer honestly doesn't do much. It has silicones in it but the finish isn't exactly smooth or silky. And my pores look the same whether I apply over or under foundation. The only good thing about it is the smell which is light and citrus-y but that's not what it's for. I got the mini size and I'll probably try to finish it but won't repurchase, not for 30 bucks and not even for 10.