Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

One of the best natural/brown colored palettes ever made period

on 6/26/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It took me years to finally cave and bring one home. The reason why it look me so long was because it's super expensive in Canada - with taxes it's about $75 a pop! I only gave it a 4 lipstick rating because of the packaging. It's very easy to get dirty, but I put it back in the original packaging after use to protect the velvet case.

In regards to the shadows themselves, I never knew how eyeshadows could be "buttery smooth" before using the UD shadows. I am used to chalky, uneven F21 shadows and these ones set the bar for shadow usage for me. You just need one dip of your brush into the colour for it to show up so user beware :P

So far I have only been using the lighter natural shades. I love Dark Horse as a eyebrow shader. Overall, I love this palette and probably will not buy the N2.

on 6/25/2014 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great colors, very flattering on warm skin tones but not overly warm. Can create a good smoky look too.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I love this palette! It's great for whether you want a nice daytime look or an edgy evening look. The colours are really easy to blend and go well with each other. It is expensive but I definitely think it's worth it. It's amazing, definitely a favourite!

on 6/23/2014 4:26:00 PM

I love this palette and I use this daily with my other naked palettes. I love browns and the sparkles, I make so many looks with this palette.

on 6/22/2014 9:28:00 PM

I lusted after this for the longest time. To put it short, I hardly use my other shadows anymore. I really find myself going to natural eye looks for just about every occasion so this palette is perfect. The gold (half baked) and rose gold (chopper) are amazing! This palette is definitely an investment but one that is totally worth it!

on 6/20/2014 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am surprised that so many people like this palette.The color pay off is terrible without a base,with the base it oxidizes.Normally I mostly use brown and nude colors but to my surprise no color from this palette seemed to really fit me.The packaging is annoying because it gets covered with dust and little fuzzy particles all the time.I ended up giving it to a friend.

on 6/11/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Urban Decay basically revolutionized the cosmetic industry when they released this palette. Even after years, It is still one of the most highly coveted palettes. It is a universal name that every beauty lover knows from beginners to advanced MUAs (even known by guys who know nothing about makeup but constantly recommended to get their girlfriends as a gift). No makeup brand can release a neutral palette without it being compared to the Naked palette. Because it is placed on such a high pedestal, no palette can ever come close to (even if it's better) the success of Urban Decay's Naked.

For example, a common complaint of UD palettes is that it lacks matte shadows. Lorac Pro took advantage and release their version containing 8 mattes. So many brands are making their own spin off versions of the Naked palette and even perfecting it (Too Faced Chocolate, Smashbox Full Exposure, Lorac Unzipped, and many more). Although Naked will always be #1, I hate to say it but other companies are just coming out with better and better versions of a neutral eye palette offering different variety, finishes, and textures. However, this palette will always have a sentimental place in my heart. Even though I rarely reach for it (too shimmery for my liking), I will never let it go because I bought this with my first ever paycheck of $90 three years ago.

Honestly, if someone asked me if they should buy this, I would suggest the Naked 1 palette BUT if they are deciding between this or Lorac/Too Faced/Smashbox/It Cosmetics, I would have to recommend the latter.

on 6/8/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Beautiful set of neutral shadows in a cute and compact package. A must have for traveling, I've gone lots of places with it and its very durable. I do wish it had more matte shadows but overall its amazing. I have very very oily skin and the shimmery/frosty shadows always always crease on me no matter what i do, only reason it didn't get 5 stars but the pigment and blend-ability of the product is awesome. nice color selection too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got the naked palette for my recital and used it for stage makeup and it had amazing lasting power and pigment. I even forgot to put on eye primer and after 5 hours of dancing and sweat, it was still on my eyelids and looked great!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Top Rated Urban Decay Products