October 26, 2014 | 1182 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by gailcarol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Its great for what it is...a drugstore lip stain. This isn't DIOR, ladies. This is a $7.99 lipstain. I got Flame which on me looks berry colored (was hoping it be more orange). Its fun to use and there aren't any surprises. I'll use it for a while then get bored and buy a new product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Qutie787

I HATE THIS! This product was terrible. If your lips are even the slightest bit chapped it will leave spots of color all over. It also dries out quickly, even with the lip balm. I agree with the lower review, it's like trying to color in your lips with a dried out marker. Terrible. I do not recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by DiyanaAz98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

They said this would last for 8hours. Its a lie. It lasts for about 3 hours first when you use it but the more u use it it last for 1 hour and the tip turns black making it filled with no lipstain but just the balm which is nothing special at all but ordinary. If you want to buy good makeup and not spend alot of money for it, dont buy this makeup. Not good at all with no quality at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

I was excited to try this product....and I've used it maybe three times since purchasing it over 6 months ago. I have it in either twilight or forbidden (too lazy to get up and look), it's an extremely dark red.

I feel as if I could exfoliate my lips until they bleed, and this stain still wouldn't look correct on me. The color is great, very intense, but it seems to be very blotchy/uneven on me despite the things I've tried. The balm is good, yes, because the product dries my lips up within a minute of applying, but it's nothing spectacular.

It does stay on for quite sometime, which is a pain, especially if it doesn't look correct. The color seems too intense for a stain, I feel as if I look like I'm wearing more of a lipstick than anything.

The packaging is "convenient," I suppose. To me, it just appears sort of juvenile. And with all the things women carry around in their bags, the caps just don't seem tight enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ven0ms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Revlon Lip Stains!! They're longer lasting than the Covergirl ones and they're nowhere near as dehydrating on my lips as the Maybelline ones. I have two in 'Instinct' and 'Victorian'. 'Instinct' is a pretty neutral that makes my lips look just a teensy bit darker, while 'Victorian' makes them look really pink. Both stains last long. The only shortcoming of this product is that the little lip balm at the end doesn't twist down, so it breaks really easily and gets stuck in its cap, which pisses me off. But other than that, these lip stains are pretty awesome :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by jerri20061982

First of all i own this in the color Twilight...i love the color and i love the quality and the balm on the end reminds me of softlips. I think that its too expensive for a drugstore product...and the end of the balm is very soft and breaks too easily. Overall its good quality just needs a little refining i suppose. if this goes on sale i would love to purchase some of the other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by earlyautumnbreeze

There was some hype about this product when it first came out, so I gave in and purchased 2 - passion and flame.

Let me say that the color is bold, if you apply it the way you're supposed to. You're supposed to put the lipstain on dry, clean lips, let it dry, and then put on the balm. I didn't exactly want a vibrant, bright, bold color for a lipstain. With lipsticks, its easier to wear bold colors because lipstick is easy to touch up, and easy to blend. Lipstains, however, cannot be blended in after they dry, which is a matter of seconds. So when you have a really bold lipstain on, and some of it smudges off, maybe in the corners of your lips, and by that time, the rest of your lips have faded, and then go to touch up the corners of your lips, the rest of your lips will be noticeable lighter than the corners of your lips. The only way to go about this is to add more color to the rest of your lips. Maybe you add too much. Then you'd have to wipe/scrub it off. This whole process wastes product, wastes time, and it's just a hassle. What I do is put the balm on first, then sweep the lipstain across my lips and quickly use a finger to blend it in. This way, I just get a flush of color that looks semi-natural, like in the commercial. I'm not sure, but I think this method is bad for the lipstain, because you get balm all over the tip.
The one i have in passion is already out, I don't know if it's because I wasted a lot of product, or if it's because I clogged up the tip with balm..
Also, you end up with a dark line where your innerlip meets your outer lip, if you havent exfoliated very recently.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I do like this lip stain, for me compared to other lip stains I have tried its lasting power is ok and it didn't rub off the center off my lips leaving me with a ring of color like some other stains have so that's a bonus. Only thing I didn't like about it was the balm, I wish you could wind it up and down like normal balms because the second time I used it when I was in a hurry doing my make up when I went to put the lid back on I snapped the balm straight off. So for that I won't be repurchasing since I'd like to try better packaged stains instead of feeling like I just wasted part of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by miaowthathurt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I'm very much impressed with this product. About a month ago, I bought 'Passion' at my local drugstore, just because of the 1 off offer (however, it was still pretty pricey at 5.99). While 'Passion' is supposedly a lighter colour, it came out just a little darker than I was expecting, but not too much. On my lips, it appears a mid tone juicy pink colour that makes my lips look really healthy. Perfect for daywear. One other thing I really like about this product, is that it is not at all drying. Whereas my Max Factor Lip Tint tends to dry up my lips pretty bad, this one feels doesn't suck moisture like most lip tints and lipsticks do. It also feels very lightweight. I've taken mine abroad on holiday, and despite the suddenly hot weather, it's not dried up at all, which I was surprised about. I will definately , definately try this again, and in other colours too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by glitterinmyveins7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I had been disappointed by many other lip stains and decided to try this one out for works. I was looking for a red lip color to wear for my wedding that would last long, would not come off, and unlike longwearing liquid lipsticks, would not flake. This one lasts a super long time, fades nicely, goes on evenly, and is the perfect color! I got Gothic, and it is a true red! I put maybe 3 coats on, allowing to dry in between, then I follow with the balm. I also have Desire and Passion which I wear daily and I love those as well. I would highly recommend this!

Also, you have to be aware of where you buy them. Depending on your area, they might not go as fast, which means they might sit on the shelves for a while, drying them out. If you go to purchase, make sure to get one in the back if you are unsure of the quality or freshness of the product.