April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

I was excited to try this product....and I've used it maybe three times since purchasing it over 6 months ago. I have it in either twilight or forbidden (too lazy to get up and look), it's an extremely dark red.

I feel as if I could exfoliate my lips until they bleed, and this stain still wouldn't look correct on me. The color is great, very intense, but it seems to be very blotchy/uneven on me despite the things I've tried. The balm is good, yes, because the product dries my lips up within a minute of applying, but it's nothing spectacular.

It does stay on for quite sometime, which is a pain, especially if it doesn't look correct. The color seems too intense for a stain, I feel as if I look like I'm wearing more of a lipstick than anything.

The packaging is "convenient," I suppose. To me, it just appears sort of juvenile. And with all the things women carry around in their bags, the caps just don't seem tight enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ven0ms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Revlon Lip Stains!! They're longer lasting than the Covergirl ones and they're nowhere near as dehydrating on my lips as the Maybelline ones. I have two in 'Instinct' and 'Victorian'. 'Instinct' is a pretty neutral that makes my lips look just a teensy bit darker, while 'Victorian' makes them look really pink. Both stains last long. The only shortcoming of this product is that the little lip balm at the end doesn't twist down, so it breaks really easily and gets stuck in its cap, which pisses me off. But other than that, these lip stains are pretty awesome :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by jerri20061982

First of all i own this in the color Twilight...i love the color and i love the quality and the balm on the end reminds me of softlips. I think that its too expensive for a drugstore product...and the end of the balm is very soft and breaks too easily. Overall its good quality just needs a little refining i suppose. if this goes on sale i would love to purchase some of the other colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by earlyautumnbreeze

There was some hype about this product when it first came out, so I gave in and purchased 2 - passion and flame.

Let me say that the color is bold, if you apply it the way you're supposed to. You're supposed to put the lipstain on dry, clean lips, let it dry, and then put on the balm. I didn't exactly want a vibrant, bright, bold color for a lipstain. With lipsticks, its easier to wear bold colors because lipstick is easy to touch up, and easy to blend. Lipstains, however, cannot be blended in after they dry, which is a matter of seconds. So when you have a really bold lipstain on, and some of it smudges off, maybe in the corners of your lips, and by that time, the rest of your lips have faded, and then go to touch up the corners of your lips, the rest of your lips will be noticeable lighter than the corners of your lips. The only way to go about this is to add more color to the rest of your lips. Maybe you add too much. Then you'd have to wipe/scrub it off. This whole process wastes product, wastes time, and it's just a hassle. What I do is put the balm on first, then sweep the lipstain across my lips and quickly use a finger to blend it in. This way, I just get a flush of color that looks semi-natural, like in the commercial. I'm not sure, but I think this method is bad for the lipstain, because you get balm all over the tip.
The one i have in passion is already out, I don't know if it's because I wasted a lot of product, or if it's because I clogged up the tip with balm..
Also, you end up with a dark line where your innerlip meets your outer lip, if you havent exfoliated very recently.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I do like this lip stain, for me compared to other lip stains I have tried its lasting power is ok and it didn't rub off the center off my lips leaving me with a ring of color like some other stains have so that's a bonus. Only thing I didn't like about it was the balm, I wish you could wind it up and down like normal balms because the second time I used it when I was in a hurry doing my make up when I went to put the lid back on I snapped the balm straight off. So for that I won't be repurchasing since I'd like to try better packaged stains instead of feeling like I just wasted part of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by miaowthathurt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I'm very much impressed with this product. About a month ago, I bought 'Passion' at my local drugstore, just because of the 1 off offer (however, it was still pretty pricey at 5.99). While 'Passion' is supposedly a lighter colour, it came out just a little darker than I was expecting, but not too much. On my lips, it appears a mid tone juicy pink colour that makes my lips look really healthy. Perfect for daywear. One other thing I really like about this product, is that it is not at all drying. Whereas my Max Factor Lip Tint tends to dry up my lips pretty bad, this one feels doesn't suck moisture like most lip tints and lipsticks do. It also feels very lightweight. I've taken mine abroad on holiday, and despite the suddenly hot weather, it's not dried up at all, which I was surprised about. I will definately , definately try this again, and in other colours too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by glitterinmyveins7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I had been disappointed by many other lip stains and decided to try this one out for works. I was looking for a red lip color to wear for my wedding that would last long, would not come off, and unlike longwearing liquid lipsticks, would not flake. This one lasts a super long time, fades nicely, goes on evenly, and is the perfect color! I got Gothic, and it is a true red! I put maybe 3 coats on, allowing to dry in between, then I follow with the balm. I also have Desire and Passion which I wear daily and I love those as well. I would highly recommend this!

Also, you have to be aware of where you buy them. Depending on your area, they might not go as fast, which means they might sit on the shelves for a while, drying them out. If you go to purchase, make sure to get one in the back if you are unsure of the quality or freshness of the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ahmerst

I got two of these at Ulta for a buy one get one half off deal. The colors I got were dawn and Passion.

I've never used lip stains before, and after trying these I don't think I'll be buying them again anytime soon. Dawn was not very true to the color on the packaging, I felt, and it saddens me to say the closest color I could liken it to would be old period blood. Which, obviously, no one wants to have on their lips.

Passion was very true to the packaging, being a vivid, bright pink. Both of the lip stains went on fairly well, but they did definitely have a drying quality, which made for thankful for the balm that was included.

The color stayed very well for several hours without any need of touching it. But for me, these colors were too much. When I wore them I felt like they were unnatural and too bold, and that somehow they made my teeth look yellowed and bad (similar to how stronger red lipsticks can make your teeth appear funky). I returned them a few days later and picked up some tinted lip balm instead and am much happier now.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kellich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great lip product. I have two colors: desire (good for every day) and victorian (darker color, good for night).
The stain lasts about 2 hours and then you have to reapply, depending on if you're eating or drinking or whatnot. The balm is great and very moisturizing but it's kind of weird that you can't retract it so you have to be careful when you put the lid back on. The packaging for the stain side is great though because it provides an airtight chamber so it doesn't dry out. The stain actually works as a stain - it doesn't rub off on anything. You do have to be careful when applying it though because once it's on it's on, you can't just wipe it off. I definitely recommend these because they are a fresh take on the evening red lip - it won't rub off on that glass of wine :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The most common problem is people not applying it evenly. You turn it on it's side to fill in your lips, and make sure your lips are soft and not dry. All lip stains will adjust to your personal color based on the pigment of your lips. Also, if you tend to have many cracks in your lips then stains will always collect in those. I have a few of the shades. Forbidden, Passion, and Flame seem to be the best for me. Most of the shades are too dark or have a purple tint. I believe Flame is going to be discontinued or replaced by Victorian, Mystical, and Instinct. Right now, Flame and Passion are the best shades they have in the line. The balm on mine had never snapped off- until the latest one. It could be the warmer weather making them do that, but it happened when I tried to open the ridiculous thick plastic wrap covering it.