April 17, 2014 | 1817 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by NYCShopaholic

UPDATE:

Definitely do not like. I've broken out in 3 places which just doesn't happen to me anymore unless a new product doesn't agree with me.

Also the dewy aspect really was just too greasy looking. I don't find shiny faces flattering!

So thumbs down.

----------

I'm just not sure about this stuff. Does it really help? Do I like how it feels on my skin? Is there something better?

It's a little dewy for my taste but I think it is helping to keep my foundation set.

It absolutely failed when I sprayed after applying mascara -- which then ran.

I think I'm still on the hunt for something I like better.

Meanwhile, it seems better than no setting spray so ...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Bumboo

I'm a believer. I read reviews before purchasing and it did spark some interest. I have very oily skin and by the time a even get to work in the morning, I already need to blot. I was debating between the All Nighter and the Cooling Spary that Urban Decay has to offer. I"m heading on vacation soon and specifically wanted something that would prevent my make-up from melting on a really hot, humid beach. I tried the spray on a day that was going to be very busy and stressful at work. When I applied the product i did shake the bottle and followed the directions to a "T". I DID NOTfeel any tingling/stinging sensation when I first applied the spray, it felt like a nice mist. I was AMAZED when i got to work and did't need to blot. By the 10th hour of my day and having worn my make-up for 12 Hours I became the BIGGEST BELIEVER in this product. If you have extermely sensitive and oily skin, this can become your lifesaver. The packaging is not exciting at all, it really looks like something they would sell at the dollar store. The price is a little high especailly when you think if it just being a spray, but i think its totally worth it after witnessing the results. I purchased a smaller sized bottle at Sephora in the area that I like to call the 'goodies counter'- we all know the area by the cash desk that has all the feature products. I'll let you all know how it compares when on the beach....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sarah1208

I love this product! At first I was on the fence about it, but then I started using it on a daily basis. I spray it all over my face after I finish putting my makeup on. It takes away any cakiness that might happen if I put on too much power, and helps my makeup last all through a work day. Have yet to try this is the summer, but I imagine it will help makeup from sliding really well. I love the new packaging as well ... the new label looks much sleeker than the old one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I initially bought this for my wedding day a couple of years ago (outdoor wedding in may, in florida, on the water...) and it did an *ok* job of keeping my makeup in place; so at first I deemed it a take it/leave it product.

then i started using it regularly and it really does do as claimed; keep my makeup in place and flawless for at least a few hours.

heat and humidity, of course, play a major role. on a summer day it helps for 2-3 hours (i try not to wear too much makeup in summer anyway).. but on a cool, dry winter day i've had great results through the workday and into the evening without touch-ups.

i find that misting after foundation, blush, shadow - then applying a finishing powder and mascara - then misting once more - really ups the staying power. also, spraying on a cotton ball or makeup sponges and *very lightly* dabbing over eyemakeup helps keep in in place (be careful if using liquid liner, it will smudge it)

the only complaint i have is packaging, its THE cheapest spray bottle out there. I'm at the end of my second bottle (in the old packaging) and was hoping that the newer bottles had a different spray nozzle (maybe like an aerosol mist?) but nope... still a regular ol' pimp.

i'll continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by alyssamspencer

This is definitely the best setting spray I've ever tried. It works great - my makeup looks flawless after 12 hours of application if I use this spray. It is however, ridiculously expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! I dont use it regularly, just when I need my makeup to really stay put because it can dry out my skin. but when i do you it, i can go out feeling confident that my makeup wont budge no matter what I'm doing (even swimming!) its a must have for any woman.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Exodium

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a sample twice and it literally did nothing to help my makeup look good. It was expensive, smelled funky and literally did as much as you spraying water on your face. MAC makes a better one with a nice scent and NYX makes even better ones. Save your money, this is terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by ccbemiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a newbie to setting sprays (only ever having tried MAC Fix+), I figured I'd give this one a shot when I found it on sale at my local Nordstrom Rack. I'm sure glad I did! I seriously don't know how I've gone all this time without a setting spray! Alcohol is one of the main ingredients in this, so I heard it can be drying if you use on a daily basis but I haven't had any problems. In fact, I have oily skin and it may be helping. I spray a couple sprays on each side of my face, on my forehead and chin. It feels sticky at first but then it dries. I can honestly say I haven't needed to touch up my makeup throughout the day when using this. It's a lifesaver! MAC Fix+ leaves you with a dewy, flushed appearance (perfect if you want a little moisture) whereas All Nighter doesn't do that. It just keeps your makeup intact until you wash it off. Already bought my 2nd bottle and will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh Urban Decay, you are so one of the best make up brands out there to date. I sort of had a love-hate relationship with this setting spray. I first discovered it at Sephora when I worked there, and I was absolutely drawn to it. The only "setting spray" I had ever used before was MAC's Fix + and I really considered that more so of a skin soother/toner. I had NO idea that there were setting sprays out there designed to actually lock and seal your make up into place, stop sweat, etc! This is truly a miracle in a bottle. I read the bottle and was sold. When I worked at Sephora I was using Make Up Forever's HD Foundation and as we all know, it doesn't have the best lasting power especially when I'm at work running around helping clients and whatnot. I decided to put this to the test, and before my shift at work I sprayed this all over my face. It really helped take away the powdery look from my matte foundation powder and it made my skin look natural, but not greasy or shiny by any means. :] Well, 8 hours later and my make up was FLAWLESS! Not only had I sweat a LOT because it was during the humid Seattle summer, but I also managed to get rained on during my lunchbreak (Bipolar Seatte Summer might I add) and my foundation looked immaculate! Usually that foundation only lasted 5 hours at most before needing a touch up or even needed to be wiped off and reapplied in certain areas, not even a smudge! I was shocked. It still looked great 3 hours later after my bus journey home and walking a mile in the freezing cold.

Fast forward to now. I currently wear MAC's Prolong Wear Foundation/Concealer, and it truly is the best foundation I have ever used. It generally lasts 16 hours without a primer or any type of setting spray, but my skin has been a bit more oily lately for some reason and it hasn't been as flawless as long. Well, this stuff is such a miracle. I spritz it on in a "T" and "X" formation as the bottle says, and it completely takes away my powdery or "fake" foundation look because I usually look VERY matte, which I like, but i also want to look not too plastic :) I found out that my initial problem with this setting spray was that I was NOT shaking it before I used it, therefor it wasn't performing. I put this on at 7am, it's 10:44pm and my skin looks FLAWLESS. No smudging, creasing, nothing. I haven't powdered my nose ONCE and my skin looks so natural and pretty. I will forever have this in my make up collection!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by tstgirl

I wanted to try this to see what the hype was all about but sorry to say I did not like this at all. I think mainly because I have oily combo skin living in a hot humid weather. Living in this kind of climate, I struggle to avoid looking too dewy and although I know this spray does not mattify, it doesn't really prolong my makeup any longer than when I wasn't using it. I also detect a slight scent and i didnt like the feel of the product on my skin. of course your skin will feel damp once you spray it on but i feel as if my skin was damp all day and i just felt the urge to grab my mac blot powder because it just felt uncomfortable.

Perhaps it would work better in colder drier weather. I don't think it's a bad product but I would say if you have the same skin type and living in the same climate as I am, I would not recommend you trying this.