September 20, 2014 | 1881 users online

Hair Treatments - Burt's Bees - avocado hair treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2005 10:41:00 AM More reviews by JessKW

I wanted to like this.. But it made my hair dry and a big knotted mess. Then it felt oily the entire day. I tried to shampoo it out, but I couldn't get it out.. I then tried conditioner to attempt and detangle the mess it created.. It was HORRIBLE.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2005 12:50:00 AM More reviews by alexandrovna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes my hair incredibly glossy. Anything that can make my hair this glossy without it being greasy gets my vote.

Just a note: this you leave in your hair for a bit, maybe catch up on some reading and then shampoo out with a liberal amount. Not something you can just rinse off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good stuff. You don't need a conditioner after you shampoo it out of your hair. Made with olive and avocado oils - good for your hair. But only use it like once a week or so, and use a clarifying shampoo on occasion as well. (I guess everyone should anyway.) But this stuff smells great and can leave your hair wonderfully soft and manageable. A well-recommended weekly treatment by me for all hair types! Supposedly it works wonders leaving it in your hair for a few hours on the beach, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2005 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett3030

I received a sample of this from a very sweet MUA member, but it did nothing for my hair. I have long, naturally curly hair, which I color, and it made my hair have alot of tangles. It has been several days since I used this product and I still have tangles really bad. Some have complained about their hair being greasy after using this product, but I had no problem with that and the product came out with one shampoo. I just didn't like the way it has made my hair feel. I would not purchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2005 9:10:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Ugh... glad I had a sample. Too greasy!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2005 8:21:00 PM More reviews by jazzmegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product, though it takes some getting used to. The consistancy is awful, thick and messy, difficult to get through your hair, but, it smells wonderful, and helps tame my dry, frizzy hair. I also hate the packaging, but, will put all this aside, for the great results I get, nice as a leave in, too, as long as you use a very small amount.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2005 12:44:00 PM More reviews by barbie16

I know it's used my many celebs, but I found this really nasty to use! It feels so thick and greasy when you work it into your hair, and took me 2 shampoos to get my hair feeling remotely clean again. Did nothing to improve the condition of my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2005 9:33:00 AM More reviews by octoberbride

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this an extra in a swap. I had to read the directions twice because at first I thought it was a deep conditioner, not a pre-shampoo treatment. I used the entire sample pack on my straight, fine hair and left it in about 3-5 min. I shampooed out and styled as usual. I can see how this would turn into an oily, greasy diaster if you used it after you shampooed. You NEED to shampoo it out otherwise, it will end up weighing down your hair and making it look terrible. My hair ended up very soft and de-frizzed but it did feel like it had a bit of residue left on it. I think for someone who had very dry, curly, unruly hair this would be ideal but it was a bit much for my slightly dry, fine, straight hair. I might re-purchase again and just use once a month when my hair is needing a little extra moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by alexandrovna

At first I found the Avocado Hair Treatment much too greasy, but I persisted using it. Since then I've gotten compliments on my soft silky hair ranging from my friends to my hair stylist.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 2:53:00 AM More reviews by lovefragrance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product grew on me. Once first out of the tube it looks gloppy and greasy (albeit the smell is lovely.... sort of fruity and bubblegummy and?). But after I used it a few times I did notice a nice effect on the hair. This as stated on package is a "treatment" not a conditioner. So if you use it after shampooing and expect to rinse out you will be sorely dissapointed. It is to be used like those )pre shampoo) hair creams or oils. Put in hair (especially) ends and leave to soak overnight or at least a few minutes before you get in the shower. Shampoo out. Very nice effects and lovely smell.