September 2, 2014 | 1355 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have particularly sensitive skin, but this made it burn and tingle unpleasantly. I won't finish the tube, much less buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hannahsim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for years, and before a trip out of town I found the Green Tea Scrub in a travel size at Walmart. I decided to take it and fell in love with it. It's not creamy like the Apricot Scrub and has much smaller exfoliation beads which makes my sensitive skin feel so much better after I use it. It doesn't irritate my skin which is great and I think it is working even better at reducing blemishes than the Apricot Scrub does. Will definitely be using this as my main face wash from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

im on my second tube on this product. i LOVE this cleanser. what sets this scrub apart from other is that the formula lathers and rinses clean without any oily reside- too many scrubs are cream based and dont really foam nor do they rinse clean. also, the beads here are very very microfine particles, don't really like the regular st ives bc the granules are very chunky and too big to really exfoliate deeply. i also dont like those scrubs where theres not enough exfoliating particles in the product to do anything. this is is everything im looking for- foamy, and abundant small scrubbing particles- i can see why some people might not like this if they have dry or very dry skin, but if you have oily or combo skin, give this a try. its cheap enough and even if you dont absolutely love it, its still decent enough to use the entire tube

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by brynnwilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this scrub! My skin is pretty normal and isn't very sensitive, so that might factor in to why I like it so much, but I think that it's a good scrub for the price. I use it maybe once or twice a week to exfoliate and treat my any blemishes I get, and I find it works really well for me. It smells great too(just like the Biore green tea scrub) which is an added bonus.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by saskiayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skin: Sensitive, dry, prone to (allergic) irritation. Note, I don't have much acne.

My skin is stripped dry very easily by harsh cleansers, but I also have blackheads on my nose which my usual 12% glycolic acid cleanser can't do anything about it since it's only soluble in water. I use this to cleanse the oily middle of my face, it works very well! I use a serum and hydrating cream right after.
...
PROS: My blackheads are gone after a few uses (product has 1% salicylic acid. It also contains >1% citric Acid which is good for surface exfoliation)/ Mild physical exfoliation with the small silca particles, Very cheap, no parabens or phthalates
...
CONS: Contains Menthyl lactate (Less irritating than Menthol but I'd rather not have the *refreshed feeling* at all).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Evidently3

I've been using this for a few months now and am really pleased with it. I use it 1-2 times a week to keep my skin from getting dull and full of blemishes. I really like the texture of the scrub. I massage it very gently with my finger tips, so I don't damage my sensitive skin. The only thing I don't like about this product is how tight/stripped my skin feels after I wash it off. I usually put on my night cream afterwards so it's not a big deal. I would recommend this product to those with sensitive and/or blemish prone skin as long as you don't overuse it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by melodiesandgoldfish

I bought this at Wal Mart thinking it would be as good as the apricot scrub (which i pretty much used up) and was really excited to use it because i had been using the St Ives Green Tea Cleanser at the time too. I used this in the shower and when i applied it, it burned like CRAZY on my blemishes . in my whole experience with facial cleansers, this has NEVER happened. my mom thinks it might be an allergic reaction but i'm okay with the cleanser so i don't understand why this happened. its been almost a week and certain parts of my skin are still red and flaky and even having a bit of pus like i cut it or something. extremely disappointed with it , i'll stick to the apricot scrub .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by MissCaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive skin and because of that, I break out very easily. This product was effective at reducing the redness and size of my acne, but gentle enough that it didn't irritate my skin in the process. After my first use, it visibly reduced my blackheads. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by AimeeT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have fallen in love with this product. It makes my skin feeling so refreshed afterwards, and my skin has looked better since I've started using it for awhile! Every morning and night, I use it and once a week I use the St. Ives exfoliating Apricot Scrub. Sigh. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by laurenmn

This is my new HG. The green tea feels delightfully soothing, and my breakouts have lessened in frequency using this only twice or so a week. I have sort of sensitive skin, so this stuff is glorious, especially for the price.