Goody Spin Pin

4.4

on 7/15/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Great product. I love how quick and easy they are to use. Anyone can use them even my 9 year old does and it looks good.Very cool to use and am very surprised at how well it holds my semi-short hair in a bun. Love!

on 7/10/2011 7:07:00 PM

Been a fan of the spin pins for awhile now, great for someone with thick long wavy hair like mine. I havent anything bad to say except that the price is a little steep $7 bucks for just 2. I can use 2 for a casual style and up to 4 or 5 when i try something sexy or glamorous. i am infamous for buying all things beauty in large amounts but have been reluctant in this particular case until today. i am having trouble paying $3.50 for a pin, even though they are great. i already gave one away and lost at least 2. Well i saw an ad on tv for Twisty Pins, they look identical if not better b/c they are also giving away these diamond stud pins as well, anyhow, ordered 25 pcs for like $40. thought i'd share if anyone loves these pins but is choking on the price. Will keep y'all posted.

on 7/9/2011 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I adore these and think they are a MUST for anyone with long hair. I am a pony tail kind of chick..but that can definitely be a little boring. These make it SO easy to do any kind of bun you want. Not only that, with regular bobby pins I have to put my hair in a pony tail before I make the bun because my hair is SO heavy and I have to use a TON of pins...not with these. Just twist, pop in 2 of these and it'll hold all day!

on 7/8/2011 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have a two word review. LOVE THESE!!!!

on 7/8/2011 9:24:00 PM

AMAZING.
the "un-done bun" as goody calls it is my go to hairstyle for two years except i just use a regular hair elastic. I've got long LONG hair and two pins are enough to hold all of my hair. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because theyre kinda expensive i paid $8 CAD and some change, i thought that was pretty expensive and it also doesnt hold all of the small layers at the base like a regular hair elastic does. ive only had them for less than a day but love love love them! ill let you know how they work after my ballet class tomorrow.

EDIT: as for the ballerina bun, it couldnt be done! my hair was probably 3rd day dirty and i have thin straight hair which is emphasized even more after being dirty and slept on. the spin pins wouldnt hold my hair when i tried to get it into a bun.

These are a miracle in a twist. I purchased a pack of these in brunette colour at CVS, I didn't have high hopes for these because I thought they would get caught in my wavy-curly thick hair, BUT THEY DIDN'T! They go in so easily and come out so easily. I was so impressed and I ran out to buy 4 packs of these. I always keep a pair in my purse and it makes the perfect bun. The price value is excellent. I want to purchase more and I definitely recommend this, especially if you have medium-long hair.

on 7/6/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BEST HAIR ACCESSORY I've bought in a LONG time!
My hair is long and thick, nothing holds it up except thick elastics. I've broken about a dozen "octopus" clips in the past year.
The Spin Pin gives girls like me the chance to rock cute, casual updos that don't take FOREVER to assemble!!
I still have to use one or two bobby pins to pin layer pieces where I want them, but it's still worth it.
I'm so impressed by this product, It has changed my life.
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

My only ask of Goody would be, make a Spin Pin for "thicker hair" that's a little larger.

I can't wait to try some of their other new hair accessories like the Pony Pouf.

on 6/29/2011 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is an awesome product! My hair was long, thick, and heavy. the spin pins were a life saver in school when I needed to get my hair back and out of the way. I recently cut my hair and it's too short to use these now, but I would definitely consider buying the shorter ones to work with my new hair.

on 6/29/2011 5:40:00 PM

I bought this yesterday because of the innovation it is meant to bring to the table as far as hair pins are concerned. It really does work and secured my bun in place for my night out at the theatre while not damaging my hair, the price is reasonable and the packaging while ugly is solid. I will definitely buy it again

on 6/29/2011 4:04:00 PM

This product, with another name, was in Robinsons about 17 or 18 years ago and I bought a set for about twenty bucks. I considered it a bargain after using them and went back for more but could not find them again. Now Goody is packaging a smaller version and I couldn't be happier. My daughter and I have long thick hair and holding a bun up with these is a godsend. The packaging was difficult to open but once I got them out it was game on. An earlier review remarked that the pins are uncomfortable when they rest on your head but the cool thing about these things is that you don't even have to have them touching your head. Definitely would buy them again and recommend them to all my long hair buddies

Video Reviews & Tutorials