August 28, 2014 | 1705 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by KGarr2121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a two word review. LOVE THESE!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by hc

AMAZING.
the "un-done bun" as goody calls it is my go to hairstyle for two years except i just use a regular hair elastic. I've got long LONG hair and two pins are enough to hold all of my hair. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because theyre kinda expensive i paid $8 CAD and some change, i thought that was pretty expensive and it also doesnt hold all of the small layers at the base like a regular hair elastic does. ive only had them for less than a day but love love love them! ill let you know how they work after my ballet class tomorrow.

EDIT: as for the ballerina bun, it couldnt be done! my hair was probably 3rd day dirty and i have thin straight hair which is emphasized even more after being dirty and slept on. the spin pins wouldnt hold my hair when i tried to get it into a bun.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by EllieVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

These are a miracle in a twist. I purchased a pack of these in brunette colour at CVS, I didn't have high hopes for these because I thought they would get caught in my wavy-curly thick hair, BUT THEY DIDN'T! They go in so easily and come out so easily. I was so impressed and I ran out to buy 4 packs of these. I always keep a pair in my purse and it makes the perfect bun. The price value is excellent. I want to purchase more and I definitely recommend this, especially if you have medium-long hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by nmariec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BEST HAIR ACCESSORY I've bought in a LONG time!
My hair is long and thick, nothing holds it up except thick elastics. I've broken about a dozen "octopus" clips in the past year.
The Spin Pin gives girls like me the chance to rock cute, casual updos that don't take FOREVER to assemble!!
I still have to use one or two bobby pins to pin layer pieces where I want them, but it's still worth it.
I'm so impressed by this product, It has changed my life.
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

My only ask of Goody would be, make a Spin Pin for "thicker hair" that's a little larger.

I can't wait to try some of their other new hair accessories like the Pony Pouf.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by MichelleB03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an awesome product! My hair was long, thick, and heavy. the spin pins were a life saver in school when I needed to get my hair back and out of the way. I recently cut my hair and it's too short to use these now, but I would definitely consider buying the shorter ones to work with my new hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by LauraRosey

I bought this yesterday because of the innovation it is meant to bring to the table as far as hair pins are concerned. It really does work and secured my bun in place for my night out at the theatre while not damaging my hair, the price is reasonable and the packaging while ugly is solid. I will definitely buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by xanthippi90

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product, with another name, was in Robinsons about 17 or 18 years ago and I bought a set for about twenty bucks. I considered it a bargain after using them and went back for more but could not find them again. Now Goody is packaging a smaller version and I couldn't be happier. My daughter and I have long thick hair and holding a bun up with these is a godsend. The packaging was difficult to open but once I got them out it was game on. An earlier review remarked that the pins are uncomfortable when they rest on your head but the cool thing about these things is that you don't even have to have them touching your head. Definitely would buy them again and recommend them to all my long hair buddies

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

These didn't really wow me. They worked...for the most part. I found that they didn't hold my hair that tightly and ended up creating a loose, messy bun instead (which isn't bad, if that's what you're going for).

I like the idea of these, and maybe I just need to buy another set because I have a lot of hair and two just didn't seem to cut it.

I also felt that these were a bit pricey for a DS hair item.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by pamelalouis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought these worked pretty well, especially for my slippery asian hair, but the only complaint I would have is that if part of the pin sits against or is touching your head for an amount of time it begins to feel uncomfortable. Overall, it is a pretty good invention since you don't have to use many pins in your hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a pair of these yesterday on my way to work. I put them in without a mirror and didn't get to see how it looked until hours later. I was pretty amazed... I have trouble getting buns to look good, especially if I can't see what I'm doing, but my hair looked exactly the way I wanted. I thought these were too expensive when I bought them, but I think considering how well they work, they're worth it. Also, I usually have a problem with elastic bands and clips leaving a dent in my hair whenever I do any sort of updo, but when I took the Spin Pins out hours later, I just have some nice waves in my hair and no dents.