August 30, 2014 | 1136 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS and IT'S A WINNER!!! It beats all the other eye primers I've tried hands down. Gives your lids a smooth appearance and your eyeshadow stays put until you take it off. It's a 10!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by opus79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was the first eyeshadow primer I ever used and I wouldn't change over to any other product! It definitely helps my eyeshadow stay on longer and also makes my lids feel soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by yenmakeup

Never believed in primers before but this one is great for eyeshadow. Makes the eyeshadow look darker when applied, so you don't have to apply as much. keeps eye make up in place all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ShelbyG

This is truly the only thing that will keep my eyeshadow on! i have super oily lids and its been a struggle because i felt like why bother having all these nice eyeshadows if I'm going to waste them because they are smudged and worn of in no time. YES the price is steep and NO i don't love the packaging (I'm not a fan of the applicator)...but i think ill be buying this til the end of time because IT WORKS!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overpriced crap. I've had this product for a while, having driven to the next city to buy it as we didn't have a NARS counter at the time. I have oily lids and my eye shadow colour usually slides off or smudges.

What I don't like about this product:
The Price. It was expensive and you just get a thin wand of product.
The Container: This product is all handle, and little product. The wand comes out with just enough product to dab on one eye lid, but that's it. It all deposits on one lid with a dab and there's not enough for the 2nd lid, so you have to re-dip to get more. So instead I dab it on a finger tip and distribute evenly between two fingers, and then apply to each lid that way - so really not impressed with that. It's a joke considering it's all wand and the wand is unusable as the applicator.
The Product: Today I realized I haven't used any lid primer for a while. I knew I wasn't impressed with my NARS e/s base from before, but couldn't remember why, so today I tried it again under a tri-colour application of Lise Watier eye shadows I applied a thin layer evenly to my lids, applied my colour and went to work. It's 4 pm and I checked my make up - the colours have almost completely disappeared and run together and I have those wretched oily lines of colour in my creases!! Wha??

I've been skipping foundation primer lately as well (just ran out of my Monostat Anti-Chaffing Gel), so today I used my Velvet Touch from DHC (a product I like very much) under my foundation and after a long day it looks great, but my eyes with the NARS is a huge let down - totally faded and slipped into creases. I may try VT on the lids.

So, sorry - I simply can't justify this product - it's crap IMHO.

Today I picked the Try Me Kit from Smashbox which contains a small Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Photo Finish Lid Primer - I'm not expecting much but I've wanted to give SB a whirl for a while and this is a great opportunity. I hope I don't like the SB foundation primer it too much because it's too expensive! Velvet Touch and Monostat - so far are my favs.

Sorry for the rant, but I really hate overpriced products that don't work!

I think primers are a lot like lip glosses - they almost all get high scores on MUA, so it's really a matter of preference and what works for you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by emarshall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely amazed by this product! I had seen it in a tutorial of Lisa Eldridge and had it planted in my mind for a while. Since I have hooded eyes, when I wear lots of eyeshadow and eyeliner particularly it tends to smudge to the top of my eyelids throughout the day and my eyes generally end up looking like a big mess.
However since purchasing this product, I have been using it every single day and each time I am blown away by the results! I apply a thin layer and wait a few moments before putting on my eye makeup and it just lasts all day! My eyeliner no longer smudges, and my eyeshadow looks like I've just applied it! And it does not smudge at all, and from someone who rubs their eyes alot, its nice to know that you won't be ruining your makeup when your eye gets itchy!
In conclusion, I would seriously recommend this to anyone who just wants their eye makeup to stay fresh and last all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by lizmcgugin

This stuff is great. I have oily eyelids And this makes my makeup stay put with no creasing all day and until I remove it before bed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this. It's easy to apply and blend out, lightweight, fragrance-free, and transparent. Once it's set it stays put and keeps my shadows and eyeliners from creasing, migrating, and fading. My shadows looks richer and more true to pan color when I use it too. I dab a little on my ring finger and work it onto my entire lid from lashline to brow. Although it sets fast it's not immediate so there's enough time to spread it out evenly first. I've had trouble with eye primers in the past irritating my skin and the experience really put me off primers for awhile. The UDPP burnt my eyelids so badly and caused flaking and stinging and hives. Luckily this hasn't caused any sensitivity in the two years I've been using it.

I wish the packaging were better since the cap seems so overly large in ratio to the tube that houses the actual product and that rubbery NARS texture gets so dirty no matter how hard I try to keep it clean. Also for me I've found that there's a very fine line with how much I can apply before I start feeling it on my lids all day. Accidentally swiping on too much makes my lids feel heavy and stiff and slightly uncomfortable. But these are small things that aren't really a big concern.

I don't use this everytime I wear eye makeup but I think it does help it look better and last longer so its worth the extra step. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by ellejay1616

This is the only primer I have found that does not crease. It dramatically changes the wear of my cream eyeshadows and makes my powder shadow last for ages. I work in fast food so I am constantly surrounded by heat and grease and it holds up. My school is also a temperature disaster, as the heat/air conditioning is always messed up so the temp is always changing and still this primer manages to stay put! I wish I could wear my cream eyeshadows alone on top of this but the formula for the cream es is just not good enough. So I always have to top it off with powder es. Which is ok I don't really mind because I know it is not the primers fault. It is clear and has no colour so it is not so much of a correcting primer but regardless it is still fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Great eye primer. Texture is similar to my other 2 eye primer loves, the UD one and the Lorac one. Though I don't think this one dries out my lids as much as the UD. And it goes on white! Elongated the wear of my shadows about the same as UD and Lorac, about 5-6 hours before I see some creasing on my inner corners. Theoretically I would buy again, but this is so expensive for much less product so I probably would not ><