July 30, 2014 | 1485 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by pwm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the pure pressed base makeup! I have searched for a new foundation now that I am in my sixties ,that would hide age spots, not emphasize wrinkles, be good for my skin,non drying, and give me a flawless look. Jane Iredale is the best I have used that does just about all of these ( also is good for my skin!).I love applying it with brushes so that I don't pull or tug at my skin. Her brushes are great! I have normal, fair skin, with several age spots. I use Dream Tint on a brush sprayed with Pommisst as a primer for my face, then light Circle Delete under my eyes and on discolorations ( works better than numerous concealers I have tried), lid primer in Lemon,light beige PPB all over the face,then ivory PPB under eyes for added concealing and brightening of eye area( a tip from a sales person here),then Beyond Matte HD matifying powder on nose and chin and lower cheeks for added coverage-LOVE this product! Add Barely Rose blush and Pink Biss eye shadows,liner, lip plumper and Pure Gloss in Cherry Sparkle....:) I love the fact that these don't contain dyes,chemical preservatives,fillers, and synthetic fragrances, and have sunscreen too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by anung19girl

My mom has rosacea so her skin is has red blotches. I also have red blotches, but not as bad. We both use it and love it! It blends in perfectly and totally covers the blotchiness but still lets some of the color through so it looks like I'm wearing blush. It looks a little lighter in the compact than it does when it goes on the skin. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by sweetiegracie

interesting to see that this product has a lot of negative reviews here. i have used MANY foundations, powders, bases before and this one is one of the best i've used. great coverage, but feels like nothing on my face. plus the color matches my skin perfectly (warm sienna) and wear surprisingly well in the summer, even though i sweat a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lalovelyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must say TERRIBLE product! No I will never purchase again! This makeup did nothing for my hyperpigmentation& acne it made it look worse. I blended and blended but this is the worst foundation I have ever tried. I am very dissapointed with this product, it was recommened to my from a girl who uses it. It also irritated my skin and gave me irritation that took a month to clear up. The powder is not "silky", it is CHALKY, does not look natural, and could not be exchanged or returned. A complete waste of fifty dollars.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Nathalina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product, i love the idea of a pressed mineral foundation. But this didnt work for me at all. The coverage is very light and it looks very powdery and matte. I found a good color for my light and warm toned skin but the color runs darker during the day. Booo!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by bboughton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like the Jane Iredale pure pressed base. I have a hard time with some powders because they irritate my skin. Although it's advertised as having soothing natural ingredients it irritated my skin as soon as I put it on. I also tried several different colors and it took quite a bit of work to find one that matched when I ordered online. Luckily Jane Iredale agreed to take the bases back - they do have good customer service. The base also has fairly good sun protection for a powder, although it's SPF20 but it has a high percentage of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, although I would never rely on a powder for sun protection - they have to be applied too thinly. So if you're a lady with sensitive skin think twice about buying this as it's pretty overpriced too.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sparklebluetulip

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really disappointed with this. I got colour matched and I was happy with what the product looked like when the lady put it on but when I got it home for myself to use; after weeks of using it I found that after a few hours the colour would change on my skin and it would look really dark and seriously patchy. I later discovered that the colour WILL change if you don't use a primer or a setting powder with this pressed base mineral foundation. I suppose making sure you have an absolute colour match would also help, I wasn't convinced the colour was exactly right but hey ho. So if you're prepared to purchase other JI products to do this foundation justice or others to use with it to make this work then all good. But for the price of this product, it's just hard work and not worth it for me, I like great performance and quick application and a product that lasts all day, this was just useless and in my opinion not worth the money in comparison to their liquid mineral range! Defo would not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ngujen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG powder! I have tried soooo many mineral powder in the past while I was on medication for my acne and nothing has worked as well as this. It was non irritable, created a even smooth finish & coverage was higher of that than any other brand. Does not cook cakey in my eyes, having said that doesnt look natural either. You can tell you are wearing makeup with this on however the finish look is radiant. Plenty of compliments wearing this. Downside are the shades available & the hefty price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by bebexrc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read so much reviews about this product and was suuper excited to try it out. It's really hard for me to find my shade and thats why i usually use mac's studio fix (i'm nc44). I bought taekwood and it was too light for my skin. The color looks different in the sun. Maybe it's just me ? I should try another color..but I'm considering to try Pur Minerals instead.

It also made SUCH a big mess! I gently swirled it with the handi brush and so much power fell off.. I was surprised because it was a pressed power. But it was still messy nonetheless.

I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is an excellent product. I bought it in "warm silk" at the behest of my derm. It does not break me out or irritate my skin which is both acne prone and sensitive due to using treatments to keep the acne under control. It stays well and as a plus, it does provide some amount of sun protection. I use it in combination with the dream tint for more coverage. I love the fact that the compact is refillable too!

The cons I would say are the price and the fact that it pretty much has to be purchased either over the internet or from a medical office since it is not available anywhere else. This can be a hassle for anyone who wants to try on the product before buying.

I would also caution be careful of where you buy this product . I have gotten a couple bad batches from ebay and other sources recently that did not give the finish I usually get from this product and broke me out. I questioned whether the formulation had been changed and even went as far as to look for a replacement in case I could no longer use it. However, when I purchased one from the derm's office it worked great as always. I can only conclude that there are people selling either counterfeit, expired or improperly stored product because the formula would not otherwise change from one pan to another.

1/29/14 Edited for clarity and update.