April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by bboughton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like the Jane Iredale pure pressed base. I have a hard time with some powders because they irritate my skin. Although it's advertised as having soothing natural ingredients it irritated my skin as soon as I put it on. I also tried several different colors and it took quite a bit of work to find one that matched when I ordered online. Luckily Jane Iredale agreed to take the bases back - they do have good customer service. The base also has fairly good sun protection for a powder, although it's SPF20 but it has a high percentage of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, although I would never rely on a powder for sun protection - they have to be applied too thinly. So if you're a lady with sensitive skin think twice about buying this as it's pretty overpriced too.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by sparklebluetulip

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really disappointed with this. I got colour matched and I was happy with what the product looked like when the lady put it on but when I got it home for myself to use; after weeks of using it I found that after a few hours the colour would change on my skin and it would look really dark and seriously patchy. I later discovered that the colour WILL change if you don't use a primer or a setting powder with this pressed base mineral foundation. I suppose making sure you have an absolute colour match would also help, I wasn't convinced the colour was exactly right but hey ho. So if you're prepared to purchase other JI products to do this foundation justice or others to use with it to make this work then all good. But for the price of this product, it's just hard work and not worth it for me, I like great performance and quick application and a product that lasts all day, this was just useless and in my opinion not worth the money in comparison to their liquid mineral range! Defo would not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ngujen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG powder! I have tried soooo many mineral powder in the past while I was on medication for my acne and nothing has worked as well as this. It was non irritable, created a even smooth finish & coverage was higher of that than any other brand. Does not cook cakey in my eyes, having said that doesnt look natural either. You can tell you are wearing makeup with this on however the finish look is radiant. Plenty of compliments wearing this. Downside are the shades available & the hefty price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by bebexrc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read so much reviews about this product and was suuper excited to try it out. It's really hard for me to find my shade and thats why i usually use mac's studio fix (i'm nc44). I bought taekwood and it was too light for my skin. The color looks different in the sun. Maybe it's just me ? I should try another color..but I'm considering to try Pur Minerals instead.

It also made SUCH a big mess! I gently swirled it with the handi brush and so much power fell off.. I was surprised because it was a pressed power. But it was still messy nonetheless.

I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is an excellent product. I bought it in "warm silk" at the behest of my derm. It does not break me out or irritate my skin which is both acne prone and sensitive due to using treatments to keep the acne under control. It stays well and as a plus, it does provide some amount of sun protection. I use it in combination with the dream tint for more coverage. I love the fact that the compact is refillable too!

The cons I would say are the price and the fact that it pretty much has to be purchased either over the internet or from a medical office since it is not available anywhere else. This can be a hassle for anyone who wants to try on the product before buying.

I would also caution be careful of where you buy this product . I have gotten a couple bad batches from ebay and other sources recently that did not give the finish I usually get from this product and broke me out. I questioned whether the formulation had been changed and even went as far as to look for a replacement in case I could no longer use it. However, when I purchased one from the derm's office it worked great as always. I can only conclude that there are people selling either counterfeit, expired or improperly stored product because the formula would not otherwise change from one pan to another.

1/29/14 Edited for clarity and update.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this mineral foundation as it has amazing coverage and the perfect finish - slightly matte but it gets a little more natural during the day. It can cover up my blemishes and small scars but i dont worry too much because i prefer a light coverage even if you can tell i have a zit or two, big deal! You can definately build it up to full coverage and it wont get patchy, however although it wont look overly cakey, it is still obvious that you are wearing foundation and im not a fan of that look. On my full coverage days i use estee lauder double wear and it is a dream come true.

In summer i touch up my t-zone once which i think is pretty great, maybe twice if im sweating in the sun all day or exerting alot of energy. For reference my skin is combination to normal in summer and dry/dehydrated in winter. I mix this with a touch of my Laura Mercier loose mineral foundation just for a better colour and i love the combined effect (LM is a bit 'creamier' and more bronzed). The only downside to jane iredale is it is quite overpriced i think and it is far too drying in winter as it draws out the moisture from my skin and doesnt cover dry patches well, although i dont think any mineral powder will.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG.Staying power is great,best of any base,liquid,powder,cream,mineral..and I have tried&own MANY& not big fan of minerals.The finish is just right,no metallic odd sheen(BM,hate it),sparkly or flat matte.Coverage is enough for evening skintone&redness.I dont have pimples or such though.I find its buildable too,dont need a concealor to cover broken veins side my nose.I dont use the included puff,a kabuki(only real kabuki I have is BM one or softer Lancome ageless mineral ? brush) or powder brush works best.For the veins I put some more powder on a sponge and pat lightly.Usually I dont need to:).
You have to get colourmatch with this.I went to local SA&was matched in bisque in neutrals It IS the perfect match.Looked scary yellowish.(mufe hd 115,f&b2).I tested it from morning to evening and was amazed bout how flawless it still looked by the end of the day.Doesnt cake/slide off.I have dry/comp.skin.The price here was grazy,67euros! No way!.So,of course I ordered it online cheaper,knowing the colour:).I get compliments wearing this like with mufe f&b,but that doenst last as long and different story&finish.And the pressed type makes it easy&non-messy.No breakouts.I have had it for bout 2 years,still good,looks like I havent used much,hit the pan,or how you say it.I dont use it everyday though,I am always trying something new..but nothing has beaten this.PURE PERFECTION.
UPDATE.Noticed pommegranate in inc.Im allergic to apples(cant eat them),cant use appleshampoo etc.Same with honey but worse.I have found that what I cant eat,I cant put on my face etc.Next time I use this will be checking if allergic red pimples appear,then I`ll know..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by KateHD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have yet to fully try this product, and I have to say that I don't know what exactly Jane Iredale is trying to prove by making her products so inaccessible. To explain further, I have been trying to get my hands on this powder for three weeks now. I knew that the products could be bought online, but I have had bad experiences with ordering makeup online, and for the price, I didn't want to chance it. So, I figured I"d pick it up at a retailer... how hard could that be, right? So I did some online research of where I could find the products, and luckily they were available at a spa near my apartment. They attempted to color match my pale skin, and told me that my shade was "Bisque." I looked in the mirror, and I had a visible demarcation line, and in general looked way too dark. They assured me that this was my shade, and when I asked if there was a lighter shade, they said no. I went home, checked the online store, and Aha! Ivory exists! I called the spa and they finally admitted that there was a shade lighter than bisque, but said that they do not carry it and could not order it for me. Next, I called around various retailers that were listed on Jane Iradele's website. Now I live in the heart of downtown Chicago, it should NOT be this hard to find a makeup brand. I found a private club that retails the products, but would not allow me to purchase them because I was not a member. Next, I took a train ride to a dermatologist office who promised to have my shade. The receptionist made me fill out a massive form in order for her to be able to "dispense" the freaking product to me. Once I was holding the glorified compact in my hand, I asked her about the return policy. She told me, and I quote, "There are no returns on Jane Iredale products. Even if you have a visible reaction to the product, or the incorrect shade." I was appalled by that policy, so I left without the product. I was on my way to work, and did not have time to sit with an esthetician for a half hour to make sure I wasn't allergic, and that the shade was correct. So finally, I gave in, and decided to just order the damn thing online. I was so desperate for the product at this point, that I spent 100 dollars on the webstore (purchasing the pressed powder as well as the dream tint and lip drink), so that I would be able to get free 2 day shipping. It has now been 4 business days, and the UPS site says that my package is somewhere around Louisville KY.... I cannot believe that I have to go through such a frustrating process just for makeup, and I'm very frustrated with the company so far. I will edit when I finally get to try the product.
EDIT** why in the heck is Ivory so pink? It's supposed to be neutral! Someone should tell the cosmetics companies that not all pale-skinned people have pink skin. I guess this will be yet another brand to be returned. It's a shame, after everything I went through to get it. What a waste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never worn this product on my face personally; however I do know of a make-up artist that uses this exclusively on patients shortly after cosmetic surgery procedures. She said it is the only product she has ever used that doesn't iritate the very senstive skin after procedures. So it has to be pretty good stuff. She said she also used it on a (on-air) personality who was underoing radiation therapy and he very red skin on his face; and this product covered very welll; yet never looked un-natural on camera. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by katieqr0918

I believe this will be an HG foundation for me... I held off trying this mineral foundation due to the price but found out I could get some pretty decent sized free samples from the website.They were super nice about asking questions about my skin tones and then sent me three different colors to try as well as the Amazing Matte loose powder ( LOVE) and the Pure Matte pressed powder (ALSO LOVE).... And folks, this is it for me when it comes to mineral foundation... I am still using the samples but am going this weekend to pick up a full size at a salon that sells it near here. Color match (Radiant) is perfect for my NW20 skin... does not irritate my hyper sensitive skin and eyes, wears like iron and looks natural even with near full coverage. My combo skin still gets a little oily across the tzone, but the foundation doesn't break down as most of them do on me... I can touch up with no problem. I have tried so many mineral foundations looking for the perfect one... the closet I could come to a powder foundation that worked for me was MAC Studio Fix and EL Double Wear powder... both of those were close but not perfect... this Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base is as close to perfect I will believe I will get.