November 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

I've been using this for a week now and I quite like this cleanser. I was previously using trilogy but 2 weeks ago I started to break out really bad and needed something to help it ASAP! I think it has helped calm the pimples as I use it alongside neutrogena's spot treatment.
It doesn't dry my combo skin like other reviewers have experienced, maybe its because I only use half a pump? After I use this my face feels clean and fresh and nor really tight nor dry. Smells light and fresh. Lathers up quite well and it feels like its cleaning your face. So far so good! The only down side: I'm travelling in afew weeks and I don't think the packaging is very portable, I'm too scared it'll somehow pump itself after my luggae being tossed around.
EDIT: i cannot live without this cleanser!!! I've finally found a cleanser that WORKS for my skin. my skin tone has evened out dramatically and i get less pimples. love love love

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by vanx408

omg this product was so harsh and drying it actually broke me out!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by GREENGAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily skin and this was extremely drying for me! Did a good job cleaning all the dirt and oil but way too harsh, my skin felt so tight and dry afterwards, even after moisturizing I developed dry patches. Though I love the packaging, its just a nightmare for my skin. I am recommending the new grapefruit cream cleanser, it is much more gentle and gets the job done.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So drying. Really, its just terrible.
It does clean well if you can stand the dryness it leaves.
I moisturize after, and I can handle it for a while, but once its gone its gone for good. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by theTITSstay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for 14 years.....seriously. I have oily to combo skin and it keeps my skin clear and glowing. I do have to use a tiny bit of moisturizer in the heart of the winter. I tried other cleansers and they either dry me out, give me acne, or don't clean my skin sufficiently. If Neutrogena ever stopped making this, I'd be heartbroken.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by sboshi16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was quite surprised when I noticed the negative reviews on this cleanser, but I guess that just goes to show how we are all very different. For me, this was GREAT, I'm very pleased. The scent is very mild, and will not overwhelm the way some other products do, and leaves my face feeling very clean and fresh. I'm happy to say that i've had no breakouts using this or develop any rashes as my skin is on the sensitive side. For $7.99, I think it was a great buy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 6:10:00 AM More reviews by alicia2kate

I have been using this cleanser for a few months now. In the winter, I tend to use the facial scrubs and masks less often.
It cleans my face well, leaves no residue, and I really like the pump. I only use a partial pump, about pea-size, usually twice a day. I always moisturize soon afterwards so I haven't noticed the dryness that many reviews mention.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by dancer9999

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this face wash is soooooo drying!
i have oily skin but this made my skin flacky and dry

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was recommended to me by my dermatologist. I finished 2 bottles at that time. It didn't dry up my skin too much but still every time I washed my face with it, I was grabbing on to my moisturizer immediately after. I think Vichy Normaderm series cleanser is WAY better than this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I find this to be too drying and the smell is hard to stand. It does clean well but just way too drying and I have oily skin.