Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

salicylic acid 0.50% ingredients: methyl trimethicone [] water\aqua\eau [] dipropylene glycol [] alcohol denat. [] nylon-12 [] butylene glycol [] talc [] peg-10 dimethicone [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] calcium stearate [] isononyl isononanoate [] caffeine [] glycerin [] hydroxyapatite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] sorbitan sesquioleate [] dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] quaternium-90 bentonite [] 10-hydroxydecanoic acid [] lecithin [] tocopherol [] sodium chloride [] tromethamine [] propylene carbonate [] alumina [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] phenoxyethanol [] [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] mica]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this foundation hoping that it would even out my skin tone and not aggravate my skin because I do have acne prone skin, however I do not have any active acne; that is until I used this. I used this for two days in a row and I am left with 4 pimples. And they aren't small little ones, they are red and inflamed and very painful. Which is really unfortunate. However there are other things I did not like about it.
1) coverage was not all that great, it was sheer coverage.
2) didn't hold up on my oily skin for more than 1 hour.
3) oxidized throughout the day to a much darker color.
4) emphasized any flakes that were not noticeable before.
5) my skin felt parched during the day, yet an oil slick, so it dehydrated my skin making my skin overcompensate with more even more oil. not a good combo.
So I am going to pass on this one.

on 9/16/2012 8:57:00 PM

I am very impressed with this product :) I started off with a sample and eventually grew in love with this foundation! I do have acne here and there and this foundation covers so WELL! It's not like the any drugstore foundation where it feels super heavy, sticky or creamy on the face! It's actually has a soft finish to it and is semi matte and I swear, it covers acne extremely well for my skin! I barely have to use concealer because this foundation does such a great job at concealing! As far as the acne part, I haven't notice any change with improving or controlling my acne, but since I am very satisfied with this foundation on its coverage, I WILL BE REPURCHASING IT :)

on 9/10/2012 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I started breaking out recently and this is helping to speed up heaing for the tiny pimples I've been getting (I used to get cystic acne in my teens) a lot! I am on antibiotics right now to help clear up my acne for a few months, and so using this just straight on my skin dries it out a lot, but putting it over sunblock works wel. Produces an even skin tone and blends easier with hands than a brush. I would buy again if I needed to cover up my acne in a way that will look natural and treat it in lieu of a concealer since the variety of shades allows for a more natural look.

on 8/27/2012 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was surprised to find that this foundation had a moisturizing, almost oily finish since it's targeted for people with acne. My skin is already oily so this foundation didn't work for me. The color was too orange for me. Will not be repurchasing.

on 8/25/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have up to 5 different foundations on rotation at any given time. Two of them are there on a permanent basis (LM and this bad boy). I do have very acne-prone skin and happy to say that for the couple years I've used this foundation I have never had a problem. I like the finish, the coverage ( some days I need a lot), the color match as well as the price. However, I'd be careful with it during winter months where it can dry up even oily skin.

on 8/25/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation and can't believe it took me so long to purchase it. I think it had to do with trying their skin care line which ended up being a big waste of money. I had written Clinique off for that as well as a couple of other things I had tried.

But this foundation! It goes on smoothly and covers my redness with ease! I am also perplexed at how well this works on my mostly oil, sometimes combination skin type. I do use a concealer on spots on occasion, but for the most part I can just use this foundation and I am good to go! I never leave my house without wearing something because I have such terrible skin (active acne, scarring, discoloration, rough texture in some areas), so this has been all I've reached for in the past 2 months of using it every day. I'm not out yet, but I can tell I am nearing the end. Anyway, I have used TONS of different foundations, from Revlon, Tarte, Stila, Neutrogrena, Physician's Formula, to Nars and more. I can't even remember them all, but there are a TON, let me tell ya! And NONE have compared to this. It is also so light-weight, I really can't tell it's there. I highly recommend this to anybody who has acne problems. My skin hasn't looked this good in a very, very long time (about 10 years and I am 25).

I am so happy with this. I won't be without!

on 8/25/2012 5:24:00 PM

I absolutely swear by this product. I've had it for over a year and I am just now nearing the end of the bottle and I definitely intend to pick up another. This is the only foundation that does not break me out. It gives my skin a flawless look that I've received several compliments on (and believe me, my bare skin isn't great). Definitely recommend it for anyone who struggles with acne.

on 8/21/2012 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is my HG!!! I do not mind spending money on foundation because I hate my oily sometimes acne skin so every time I run out of this Ill trysomething else to see if I can get better(estee lauder double wear, MAC,lancome,chanel,MUFE) I hate them all I always come back to this foundaiton I just love it, its the best for me, If it was 70 dollars I would buy it, great coverage, maintains acne,matte..just awesome.

on 8/11/2012 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation! It covers really good and it does last through out the day. I have oily skin and it's hard finding a foundaton that works with my skin. I also have some-alot of acne and this foundation really covers the redness and most of the marks on my face. It says that it helps with the acne but it didn't wth me even though I still wash my face and all. But that doesn't really bother me. The packaging is good but i just with that when you only need alittle bit and it comes out alot that you could put some back into the bottle because i don't like wasting it. Over all i love this product and I would and will buy it again :)

on 8/5/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love this foundation! I waited so long to buy this product because although it isn't super expensive its double than a drugstore price but after being so unhappy with my past foundations I went to go buy this! I hate that I waited so long! oil control on this is wonderful! I work outside in the sun and my past foundation (maybelline superstay) would be melting off by noon! and my nose area would be beyond oily! With this foundation i didn't start getting oily til around 6! but it still wasnt horrible where i needed to use a blotting sheet. Coverage is medium not sure if its buildable to full, havent tried. I have lots of acne, although you can still see they are there the redness is greatly reduced. I did just start using this but I can tell already it does work for acne, with smaller pimples they are almost gone by the end of the day when wearing this. I know for some people this didn't work at all but its worth a try! you can even ask for a sample at their counters if you're not ready to buy it!