April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by marie15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very sensitive skin, as well as slightly dry.
For the past year I've been using Neutrogena Towelettes, and I love them, but they make my face a little TOO oily. So I decided, what the heck? And try new makeup remover wipes.
I researched a lot before I made my purchase, and it said that it's for sensitive skin.
It may just be that my skin reacted to something in it, this is what happens:
It removes my makeup efficiently. (I don't care much for the smell, though I know some do) but right after I'm done using it, my face starts to burn. Not like fire burn, but like an 'Ouch!' tingley burn.
Very disappointed, going back to Neutrogena!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by TwiPixie

I wanted to try these for so long! I love Yes To lip butters so when I was shopping for holiday supplies so I picked these up so I didn't have to carry around 3 different makeup remover products. Big mistake.

First of all, as soon as I got them I loved the package, it's very handy and I wish all my towelettes came with this package, it closes very well preventing them for drying. Honestely the package just got me more and more excited to actually try it.

When I opened the package the smell was horrible. It made mw want to throw up, simple as that. People here rave about the smell so I thought I was being picky but everyone else I asked to smell it hated it, so I when back to sephora to ask if it was just a bad one. Ladies there smelled it, opened the newest package in the store, same smell. That was bad! But I tried to get past that, as hard it was. It smells like rotten...something, bad.

When I actually put them to my face it was just okay. It was extra moist. It did NOT remove all residues which was very disappointing, it didn't do anything much - it was just one of those products you could use up and move on. However when I used it the next day it burnt my face, oh the burn! I had to wash my face right away and apply to heavy duty creams to calm my skin down, it was all red and burning!

I never used it away but it left behind a kind of rash/pimple/weird thing right on my cheek and my face peeled off a little bit (which is great when you're on holiday and working on a tan --').

This cost me 6 for 30 towelettes (I'll never use) and my local drugstore towelettes (which are so much more effective) are 2,5 for 25 towelettes - so never again will I be replacing them.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

With one word:useless. It does not clean the face without make-up at all...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by slimshades17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got these facial towelettes (like many others) because a YouTube beauty guru recommended them. Oh. My. God. They were absolutely awful. They didn't feel cleansing, or soothing, AT ALL. And these makeup-remover towelettes boasts that the wipes are:

WINNER of Allure Best of Beauty: Natural Wonders 2011
98.7% Natural
Biodegradable & FSC Certified
Dermatologically & Opthalmologically Tested
Oil-free, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic

HOWEVER, I used these once and my skin became red, itchy, burning, sensitive, flaky, dry, and just horrible. The worst part was I that continued using them because I didn't know my reaction was due to them at first, but anyway, my reaction worsened. I only used the wipes like 5 times, and by then the stinging/sensitivity/redness was worse, AND it stayed for at least a month after I stopped using them. My mother and my best friend also had the same reactions, so it makes me wonder... ("hypoallergenic"? really?)

Anyway, facial wipes are usually expensive for what they are, and these are cheaper than many but ARE NOT AT ALL WORTH WHAT YOU PAY. DON'T BUY THESE.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

Tried these wipes 3 different times from 3 different packages and have to say these are the worst wipes I have ever used. The wipes don't come with enough liquid cleanser and feel dry somewhat dry when you pull them out. It hurts to use this on your face. Because they are so dry they don't clean your face well. I would sometimes have to use 2 if not 3 wipes to get a clean feeling. The package says the formula is smoothing but these wipes irritated my skin. Not sure if that is because they are so dry or because of the formula's chemicals. I do not recommend this product based on the 3 different times I have tried it and came back dissapointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lavenderbee

Ladies, I ain't gonna lie. I use these to keep my bizness fresh in the hot summer months. They're cooling, they keep my action smelling fresh, and they're just the ticket in the middle of a hot humid day. I'm sure I could use them on my face, too, but I keep them in my purse and never take them out, so I end up just washing my face with CeraVe at the end of the day. Maybe once summer ends, they'll find their way to my bathroom sink, and I'll try them out on my face. For now, I'm packin'.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by butterflyoj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After watching countless amounts of youtube makeup gurus recomend this product i decided to buy them. they sting my eyes sooo much. I will not repurchase...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

These smell amaaaaazing ... I love getting a good whiff of it whenever I take one out to wipe my face hahaha :P But anyway, I do think it does a good job at removing all my face make up off my face ... now it does say that you don't even need to cleanse your fast after because it's that affective but I do go the extra step and cleanse my face with a cleanser just because I want to make sure I get every bit of make up and dirt off. There are great for those long days where I come home super late and get too lazy to remove ALL my make up (i know i know, shame on me) and just use these towels to remove all my make up :) Howeverrr, it doesn't completely remove all my eye make up so I do have to use a separate eye make up remover along with the towels (fyi, I do wear waterproof eye makeup).

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by FloofyCurls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I watched a beauty guru use these on YT. She described them as being very calming, great smelling, effective, all that jazz. So I go out and buy myself a pack with my friend, get home, super psyched, rub all my makeup off. Lo and behold, I felt like someone was rubbing alcohol with a loofah into an open wound. Horrible pain, and after a little while, one of my eyes swelled to a tremendous size. Gave em to my friend, and her skin which can handle anything. Not worth twenty cents, let alone $6. I had a lesser reaction to the body butter, but it still made me real itchy and red. My advice? Wash your face at night. It really is the best thing to do.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm going to say no to buying these again. Unless they cost less than asking my face with battery acid? These stung my face sooooo badly. I couldn't wash it off fast enough. 3 hours later, my skin is still red and stinging.