July 23, 2014 | 1581 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by projectRun

I had high expectation for this product. It was raved by all my friends, youtube gurus and had great reviews. When I first recieved the product, I did not have a problem with it. It seemed sturdy and very soft. My foundation applied looked the best than it has ever. HOWEVER, the hair starts FALLING off in chunks and getting all over my face to the point it had to go into the trash. I gave it 2 stars because it gave my skin an airbrush effect but the quality of the brush is terrible. I paid 20 something dollars for chunks of the hair to fall off in less than 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by MAC92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this brush! I've been wanting to buy the F80 for months since I was continuously getting that streaky foundation look from my MAC 190. This brush is seriously AMAZING! I take half the time to get ready now that I use it to apply my foundation... you use less product (depending on how much coverage you want) as it blends in liquid foundation so well and evenly onto your face, giving you that flawless finish. It's really a great investment & it's not as pricey as MAC brushes. So if you don't already own it, you're missing out! The only thing I regret about this brush is not buying it sooner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's pretty good, but I don't think it's worth all the raves. I used it for about 4 months, and while my technique might not be as perfect as some others, it didn't always give me a streak-less finish. It also shedded a bit.

I was all set in continuing to use it, since I liked it well enough, but then I found Shiseido Foundation Brush and I quickly discontinued using the Sigma. The Shiseido brush is much stubbier, but it provides a more flawless finish and it has never shed. It's also much more soft. For reference I've used the following foundation brushes/applicators and probably more I can't remember: Bobbi Brown, Giorgio Armani, Mac, Smashbox, Sigma, Laura Mercier, Beauty Blender, Koh Gen Do, & MFU.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I bit the bullet and got myself a decent set of makeup brushes a while back, and I finally feel that I've used (and washed) them enough to form an opinion.

Amazing brush for foundation! I have all the Sigmax brushes, and although I prefer the angled kabuki for foundation more, this brush still works really well. Super dense and doesn't shed at all! It buffs my liquid and cream foundations extremely well, and doesn't absorb too much product either. Washes pretty easily, though you should be careful to rinse thoroughly (washing the Sigmax brushes is harder than other brushes, but not too much so). Doesn't lose shape when dried either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by Dmccarthy

AMAZING ! THE BEST FOUNDATION BRUSH EVER !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i LOVE this brush, i don't know how i would live without this brush, its my holy grail brush and im thinking about getting another one of these brushes and the angled synthetic brush from sigma as well, overall, no matter how hard i try to get this brush dry, i rub it on my towel to get it dry, i rub it quite hard, its still very sturdy,never had a single hair shed before and it is amazing <3 sigma makes THE BEST synthetic brushes EVER :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I generally am more of a fan of powder foundations, but I had picked up a couple liquids recently that I wanted to try. I was using a damp sponge and wasn't thrilled with the results. Then I remembered I had purchased the F80 a while back and never tried it. This brush applies liquid foundation beautifully, gives a natural finish and does not shed at all. Great brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

The F80 is a wonderful foundation brush! Applies any type of foundation perfectly and gives and flawless finish. Well priced and easy for all to purchase as Sigma offers worldwide shipping. Have had my F80 for 18 months, washed it countless times and it has stayed in great condition and has NEVER shed one single hair! Highy recommend this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**Cruelty Free - Synthetic Bristles**

LOVE THIS BRUSH more than anything ever! Definite re-purchase. All things make up in Australia are more expensive than anywhere else but even so, I'll happily pay the $25 (approx) I paid for my precious. HG!

The packaging was excessive & ridiculous. But overall this tops the old faithful E.L.F. flat top buffer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this brush!! I really wanted a good soft foundation brush because my other ones were just not blending well at all and I kept needing a sponge to finish the job. Cleans very well with makeup brush cleaner and dries well. The tapered kabuki brush also works very well BUT it doesn't clean well.

I would highly recommend this brush for applying liquid foundation and blending. Beautiful soft results even with tinted moisturizer and BB creams.