July 31, 2014 | 2056 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Fusion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This did not do as much as I had originally hoped. With gimmicks that it has "the length of Lashblast Length" and "the volume of Lashblast Volume", the slogans by themselves raised the expectations level to an extreme. First off, the positives. You do get a lot of product for the $10 that you can get this product for- .44fl.oz., which is probably a record amount! Also, it does not clump. Clumping is just impossible with Lashblast in general. Also, I like how black the color comes out. It is very dark, a blue-black, and it is not hard to take this product off. Now, the negatives. The brush has very short, SHARP bristles that harbor almost no product. It is very hard to get a dramatic look when very little product is applied by the brush. Also, it does not give the amazing length and volume it promises. It gives good definition and okay length- very natural-looking results. If you have naturally long lashes, then this mascara should give you nice emphasis. If you have short, thin, discolored lashes like me and are in need of something that will give them extreme glamour, then this is not the mascara. Also, it kind of flakes and can come off a bit too easily sometimes. So yeah- it's not a dramatic mascara, it won't give you epic results, just natural ones. I would recommend it but not to everybody.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

I tried this a loooong time ago, around when it first came out. My Mom went on a CG mascara raid at CVS a few weeks ago (coupons.) and this was one she picked up, which I snatched from her immediately. The packaging of this is probably my favorite of the LashBlasts; it's purple! I'm actually not a huge fan of the color purple, but it looks really nice on the tube. But, as always, the tube it hugely bulky. It's a LB staple, along with the huge wand, which I find annoying. With this mascara, I always have to wipe excess off the tip since the brush has so much product on it. It takes about two coats and one minute to get my mascara looking how I like it to. It volumizes well and definitely lenghtens. I find that it lenghtens more than it volumizes, but it looks good, so it's not an issue for me. No flaking or panda eyes, and it's pretty clump free. I don't think this makes my lashes look dry/brittle, which is a huge plus for me. I think I would repurhcase, but I am a complete mascara junkie, so who knows. Actually, scratch that. I know I won't repurchase. I think the only mascara I've ever repurchased is LBV, and I prefer that over this.
Note: my lashes are black and natrually pretty thick and decently long. My friend has sparse asian lashes, and she hates this stuff, so I think I just got lucky.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I am always looking for new mascaras to try and when my mom bought home an extra tube of this, I jumped at the opportunity to try it. I have always flopped between Maybelline and CoverGirl when it came to mascaras because I'm always looking for something to make my lashes a little longer and a littler fuller. I like the formula of this mascara and the brush, to an extent. The brush is nice, and the bristles do a really good job of separating my lashes. However, the end of the brush is blunt and always seems to pull out way too much product and occasionally when I am getting the tiny lashes near my nose, I will bump my skin and have black mascara all over my nose. With that said, I like this mascara and would but it for myself again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, I have sparse thin asian lashes that are neither too short nor lusciously long. And without Mascara they are non-existent. With that being said, I look for a mascara that gives me great volume, clump free and separates well with some slight lengthening. This is a great non-clumping mascara, but I really need to layer a couple of coats like 3-4 to get my lashes to stand out. If I just use one coat, they only VERY SLIGHTLY define my lashes, doesnt seem to be super lengthening either. With 3-4 coats, my lashes look okay nothing too vavavoomish. The wand is easy to use, although its quite chunky. Stays all day and holds my curl decently enough. All in all, this is a mediocre mascara for me, not bad but certainly nothing to rave about, I find the CG Volume in Orange tube works better at volumising. Bottomline, this gives okay definition and slight lengthening without clumping, and stays all day without smudging.... if you are looking for a mascara that gives that natural look, this is it but if you're looking for vavavoom lashes, look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by doristam

I've been using this product for several months and I like it very much. There's no clumping, and I can easily layer the mascara without getting tarantula eyes. I don't experience flaking. I use this in conjunction with the Shiseido eyelash curler.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by jeniphooo

As far as lengthening and volumizing, this product does the job. However, it cannot hold a curl. What's the point of having long luscious lashes if theyre pointing at the ground? I have the shiseido eyelash curler and it works amazing with my regular lashblast, was hoping to receive similar results with this one. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by linda3365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this mascara! It curls and stays on my lashes and doesn't ever flake. The best thing is how it separates the lashes and doesn't glob on. I bought it at Costco the first time. Can't remember what I paid for two, but I'm glad I tried it. I've only tried the purple one. I'm picky about clumping mascara and this one is perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was tossing up between this mascara and the new Clump Crusher (in the green tube) and while I've heard great things about Clump Crusher, this was on sale so I decided to go for it.

I'm so glad I did!
It reminds me alot of Maybelline's One By One, just slightly wetter.
The small plastic bristles are always what I look for in a mascara wand, so that's a plus, and the black colour is a great intense black.

The application can be built up, or you can go for just one coat, just depending on how intense you like it to be.

It creates a great curl on its own without even having to use a curler, the volume, length and separation is just fantastic.

The tube packs a lot of product, so fingers crossed it won't dry out by the time I would use it up completely.

So all in all, a great everything-in-one mascara that I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new good mascara and I was deciding between this and Maybelline's Falsies. As my sister already has the Falsies, I decided to give this a try and it seems to receive a lot of good reviews as well. Beforehand, I was using Maybelline's Full'n'soft mascara (it's a great mascara by the way but just wanted a change) and the first time I used it, WOW! I noticed such a difference in my lashes. My lashes were a lot more longer and noticeable than when I had been using Full'n'soft. I really did love this mascara at first however, the product is really 'runny' when you first use it. I'd take out the brush and have an excessive amount of product on the tip of the wand. That is one thing that does irritate me - that the tip of the wand is just completely round with no bristles, so it's sort of like you're 'scooping' out product on the end of it. Sometimes when I take the wand out of the tube as well, I do need to 'wipe off' some of the product on the inside so I don't get too much mascara on my eyelashes. I do find that I need to always be careful in making sure I don't get too much product on the wand before I put it on my eyelashes. The overall effect it gives to my eyelashes though looks great. This mascara doesn't clump that much and I don't experience any smudging. It does make my lashes a little bit hard however, it's not as bad as Maybelline Colossal Volum' (yellow tube) - nothing I'd say as being an issue. With removing this mascara, I get a makeup remover wipe and remove it that way and I don't get all the product off in one attempt. However, that is not an issue to me. The wand is great in giving my lashes length and volume however, it is really big! Which is why I need to be really careful when I'm applying the mascara or I'll get it all over my eyelids. I really need to tilt my head up when I'm applying this mascara (so the wand doesn't touch my eyelids) and be super careful. Applying it to the bottom lashes is rather difficult as well and does require it to be done carefully, too. So, you really can't apply this mascara in a hurry unless you get used to it over time. This mascara is good however, with the issues I have with the wand, for now I've decided that I won't be purchasing it again (I may change my mind though). I would like to find a mascara that has a similar wand but smaller. I will continue to use this mascara until I have finished the tube though. If you can handle using a big mascara wand then buy this mascara. If not, it might be something to reconsider.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by GlassGoddess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Having been a long time lover of the lashblast volume, I was not impressed with this product at all. Goes on well, but by mid afternoon most of it has flaked off. I will not buy this again.