July 29, 2014 | 1644 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Super Lustrous in Coral Reef [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by chooch23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I didnt' realize that drugstore glosses were so expensive. This set me back almost $10 bucks. But since the reviews were so high I had to check it out. Also since the gloss I use from Chanel (forgot the name, but it's a coral color) was almost out I decided to give this a shot.
    I do love the color on me. But I have a darker pigment on my lips so the color doesn't look like a coral on me but I still like how it's not so sticky and that is has spf15 in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sundaypancakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a drugstore lip gloss must-buy! I love the texture of it, which is the ideal creamy, non-sticky gloss. It doesn't feel like oil on your lips like some lip gloss, just sticky enough to have a decent staying power. Some people have complained about the strange smell, but to me it smells like yummy orange popsicles.
    The colour of this gloss is BRILLIANT. I have a warm skintone so this looks really good on me. I would say this is a universally flattering shade. The only con I can think of is the staying power of the colour. When you first put it on, it gives a pop of warm, coral colour. After about an hour, it fades in to a light pink. I would prefer the shine to disappear after a while instead of the colour, since it's so gorgeous! Oh, and I LOVE the packaging!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

I bought this after hearing so much about it, and I really wanted to love it. I have somewhat pigmented lips, and while this wasn't opaque enough to hide the pigmentation, it also didn't work well with it like some lighter glosses do. Instead of brightening up my face as corally-pinks tend to do, it just looks kind of garish on me. This color also applied a little streaky. The formula felt nice on my lips, and I look forward to trying other colors. This color looks absolutely gorgeous on some people, it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews about this, I decided to get it after my MAC cremesheen in richer, lusher finished and I couldn't get the remaining product out of the tube...(waste of money)
    Thank you MUAer's!!
    This is an amazing lipgloss, I have also bought lilac pastelle but this gets 5 lippies simply because the colour is so incredibly wearable. Its pigmented enough to show up as coral but is so easy to wear I don't even need a mirror to put it on!
    I tend to wear this over a balm as I find the texture can settle into any dryness on the lips. Love it - make it permanent revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by AngeliaJolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay Coral Reef is exactly what I have been looking for all my life! It is a peachy pink colour that compliments my olive complexion. It was on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada for only $3.99 compared to the regular price of $10.49. The coverage is great, it has SPF 15 and it is perfect for spring and summer.

I am awfully upset that they discontinued my HG lipgloss "Cherries in the Glow" but this will certainly do. There is no need to spend lots of $$$ on lip gloss Revlon is comparable to department store brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I bought this because I was constantly seeing new reviews for it on here and everything people say is very positive. So this is just another positive review and an example that if enough people love something, it is probably a product worth trying.
    I love the color of this most of all, that is the reason I bought this. I love coral colored anything, but especially makeup. I have olive skin and I am pretty pale right now (but bronzer fixes that) and in the summer I get much darker. I like this color on me now but I think I will use it a lot more in the summertime. I can see this looking amazing with a tan. I also like that the gloss is very shiny, but not all that sticky for how long it lasts on my lips. I really don't mind sticky glosses, but my boyfriend does. I try to wear things that are not going to stick to him, so hopefully he won't mind this gloss.
    I plan on further reviewing this in the summer, as it is now I have only had this for a couple weeks and used it only sporadically.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very pigmented lips and this shows up so well on me. Beautiful peach gloss, opaque and non-sticky but can be streaky so I recommend patting it on the lip and lip liner. So perfect with MAC Vegas Volt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is love. I'm not normally a DS girl--I don't buy makeup at drugstores usually. But I had heard so much about these Revlon glosses, I had to try it out.

This is a gorgeous shade of coral-orange-peach, and it applies wonderfully, is minimally sticky (nothing like MAC glosses), and is quite pigmented. It applies very well, and it's actually better than some of the MAC and Chanel glosses I have. It sits comfortably on the lips and I'd purchase this over and over again! Not going back to paying crazy prices for HE glosses...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Lv2Cheer81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

GREAT color, super cute for Spring/Summer. I love the pop of coral/pink so much that I'm willing to overlook the craptastic formula!

This applies almost milky/streaky. Imagine how a similar nail polish shade would apply -- streaky, uneven -- a general problem child. It takes lots of blending, and I even mix with Aquaphor to get it to properly melt into my lips.

That said, it's a great shade -- but I will not repurchase. If anyone has found a similar color in a more user-friendly formula, let me know!

Also, Coral Reef's sister, Pink Pop is AWESOME! Great quality, awesome application...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This is the best coral l/g that I found so far. I normally never reach for warm based orangy hues in lip color because they tend to clash with my skintone. However, Revlon really hit this out of the park! I heard a lot of buzz on the mu board about this l/g over this past summer. I didn't fall into the hype assuming it wasn't my color. I had a coupon for Revlon and decided to try it out. The color is shocking in the tube, it's opaque peachy coral no sparkles. This is my first Super Lustrous l/g from Revlon and I really like the formula. The formula isn't too sticky and it feels moisturizing on the lips. With two coats, I got a warm pleasant hue of peachy coral. This is a coral that works and I'm very happy to pick this up. The only downside is that it only lasted about an hour on the lips before I had to reapply.