July 26, 2014 | 1472 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Brulee

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Prefect matte highlight color! This is a soft creme color that is soft and not chalky. It's also affordable. No complaints here! I'd definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

The only good thing about this is the price $1.99 for retail but I paid $0.98 for mine and that it is matte. It was very chalky. It also came off as a pale yellow color on me I pale with cool undertones. I did not find it hard to open but it was agravating to though. Also mine crumble within three days of useage w/o me fropping it or nicking it and I had to throw it away. I will not be repurchasing this e/s.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

literally could not ever get one of these open. tried two-how stupid. i guess i'll never know!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by beckspr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my second one. I use this in my everyday routine under my brow and if there is a lot of redness on my lids I'll put it all over.
I don't know how, but both of them have shattered without falling or getting hit by anything. I think it's because the plastic clasp in the packaging is too hard to open and close and that's what makes it shatter. I recently did something I read in an article: if you take the broken eye shadow -pulverize it- and mix it with a little rubbing alcohol and re-pot it it will hold (and it does!). I also shaved off (x-acto knife) half of the plastic edge that holds the lid (the black plastic part) and it makes it a lot easier to open/close.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by courtneyk01

As others have said, this is such a great matte highlight when you don't want any shimmer. I have pretty fair skin so this is also a good colour for me to clean up around other colours and blend out if I use it lightly. Something I do hate about it though is the packaging, once I close it, it's nearly impossible to re-open so I leave it a little bit open so I don't have that problem. Other than that, it does a great job for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

Because of so many good reviews, I bought it and give it a shot.
However I don't get it why this has such a good reviews.
it looks so dull on the eyelid. Color is not great even it is cheep, I rather stick to my mac blank eyeshadow as my highlighter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my fav WnW e/s. I use this anytime i put e/s on as my upper lid "highlight". It evens out my skin tone & hides any veins or redness. The price is super cheap, i hope they never DC this! This is one of the few if not the only e/s ive given a rating of 5 to.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

excellant. i love a bare-looking lid for myself, and if not bare, subtle and neutral toned - dont want frost or glitter, though i love it on other people, dont want chalky (aging), disappearing, transparent etc. this is just the right shade and texture to cover without cake and stay put and bare canvas the lid. buy several!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by lilblacksky

Nice basic shade to own. It's a matte light skin-beige color. I like using this to blend out the edges of my darker eyeshadows, or to fix eyeshadow mistakes, and sometimes as an overall lid base if I'm doing a neutral brown eye look. It's a tad darker than my natural skin tone, which is ok for most purposes, but I cannot use this for highlighting or concealing (hello brown bruises?). It can be slightly chalky sometimes, but not so much as to be a visible problem (I've had my share of chalky matte nudes...) Overall, very useful shade to have in your daily arsenal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Another "Hells yes I would buy again" item.

It evens out redness, purpleness, blueness, and "Man, I slept like CRAP!"-ness on my upper eyelid. And under my lower lid. And in the inner corner. And anywhere else I might have redness (crying fit after nasty fight with hubby? Rare, but Brulee comes to the rescue!). Cancels out redness from the oh-so-occasional pimple that hasn't come to a head yet. I have one or two little teeny spider veins and two little age spots too. Brulee says "Buh-bye!" and off they slink until I wash my face and they reappear, much to my consternation. Covers up acne scars that I naughtily picked.

Can use it alone as a brow highlight. Can use it to tone down too-shimmery, too-dark, or just-bleh colors. Can be applied as a subtle highlight all the way around my eyes ("Hi! I am wildly, madly awake, even though my kid was barfing until oh-dark-thirty this morning!") Can be used to even out the occasional dark circles (over primer). I've been known to use it to cut down on redness from an excess of sun out on the slopes for some dinner event or other.

Absolutely matte with not one bit of shimmer. As I get older, shimmer is becoming my Kryptonite. It tends to bring out those oh-so-not-attractive little crepey bits that are slowly sneaking up on me in my advancing age. This has no shimmer at ALL, a true matte shadow that manages to NOT be chalky. Miracle! Especially given this particular shade of nude!

As noted in countless other reviews, buttery-soft enough to load up your brush without a ton of fallout, but not so soft that it falls apart when you touch it. I have been using mine for about six months and have started making a decent dent in the shadow.

You know what? I need to get off my ass, like right now, and buy at least six backups of this. I will cry and cry if they discontinue it and then I will have no more Brulee to cancel out the redness from crying. WTH will I do then? *shudders* At $1.99 apiece, this is one absolute freaking CHEEEEEAP HG that I HAVE to stock up on.

Edit: yes, I got off my butt and bought three more, because the day after I wrote this review, I used my beloved Brulee and *gasp* *shock* *horror*...a tiny bit of pan peeking through!!! So now I have my back-ups, I feel safe...for the moment...I know they're gonna discontinue this and I won't be able to get them anywhere but ebay for ten bucks apiece...

Editd to add: hey, smtiquia, write your own damn reviews! I put a lot of time into writing mine, so how's about you take the time to write your own and don't take pieces of other people's reviews? I'm flattered and all, but seriously? /huff/

47 out of 49 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No