April 24, 2014 | 1870 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Deep Repair Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample packet for $4 at Ulta. I'm glad I'm able to try it before spending $30. The first time I used this it melted right into my hair. As far as appearance went I didn't notice a major difference BUT my hair felt quite soft. Next use: I noticed my curly/wavy hair was more calm & yes, still soft. Third time, my hair is calmer & still soft. I don't need much because I mostly apply it to my ends. It mts right on like butter! I'm due for a trim and I get split ends all the time. My hair is naturally dry and I straighten it from time to time. No it's not going to "heal" split ends. Nothing can except to cut them off. But, I can see why this is a $30 product. Unless you have massively thick hair you can make one tub last a long time! So it would be worth the $30. I definitely want to buy the actual product now.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by HeavenlyxBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmm, I have to say that I've developed a love/hate relationship with this product. Before I begin my review I must point out that I have fine, straight and oily hair.
I remember back about a year ago when I had really long hair that I absolutely loved this product! I worked it on my ends and up to about mid-way, waited approx. 6 mins and washed it out. My hair would feel soft, silky and manageable. However, now that I have short hair I feel that it completely weighs down my hair (and I don't even apply it near my roots!) I think it would really work well to tame thick frizzy hair, however for fine straight hair? Leaves it greasy and flat. Not worth the hype. I only gave the packaging 5 because it really is sturdy and nicely designed.
Save your money (as I paid a ridiculous $39.95 at a local hairdresser) and buy a good 'drugstore' hair mask. You could buy 10 hair masks for the price of this one if u wanted to!! Oh, and although it supposely contains natural ingredients like macadamia oil and claims to be paraben free, it still contains silcones which coat your hair and give it the 'silky, soft' feel.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

Eh. I've been using this product for three weeks and so far, I don't get the rave reviews. I mean, it's a hair masque like all the others. It works and helps hair feel soft, but it's nothing special. I'd rather try something new than repurchase. The smell is lovely, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Beeglet

I really enjoyed this product! It made my hair feel a lot softer and it cut down a lot of my frizz. The only thing with this is that if you use it more then your hair needs, it feels like my hair is a little dry which could just be because it has a lot of healing components! But overall I love this product and would really recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by 2Nekked

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much I decided this will be the product to pop my review cherry.

Packaging: Slightly too round for my pink shower caddy but the colors of the jar on my caddy adds a cute zing to my shower

Price: IMO, its not expensive at all. You do get quite a lot and you only need to use about a quarter size or so every time. And for what it does for your hair? Worth it.

Product: Yes it does smell good, but it doesn't really stick to my hair. It has a nice pearly sheen to it.

My hair: Bleached, brittle, dry, disgusting, stringy... so damaged that it keeps breaking to the point where it hasn't even grown an inch in 8 months.

I've used it differently 4 times so far. Tried twice with the recommended 7 minutes and the other two times, I've left it on for 20 minutes.

It may be time consuming but... GO WITH 20 MINUTES to reap the full benefits. Shampoo your hair, apply the masque, put hair in a shower cap and wrap a towel around it. Leave it on for about 20minutes, prance around, then rinse... HAIR-LLELUJAH!

This masque is my HG hair savior. Leaves my hair very soft and heavenly feeling. kekeke.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I finally caved in and purchased this and I couldn't be more happier. It really did an excellent job of removing frizz and my hair felt very hydrated and soft. It smells delightfully fruity though I'm not sure if it is apple-like or not. It has a thick, creamy consistency almost like greek yogurt. I let the product sit in my hair for the recommended seven minutes and then rinsed. You are not supposed to use it more than two times a week according to the packaging. I will continue to get this since I love the healing oil in the line and had good results using that. Now I'll have to try the shampoo and conditioner and see how that works with my hair. For reference, my hair is curly, prone to frizz and dryness, and has a medium texture. I'm also trying to grow out my hair so conditioning treatments are necessary and I can say THIS will be a part of my arsenal of must have products. Will re-purchase. Update 5/18/13 I am still loving this. It just makes my hair feel healthy and soft without sacrificing any natural body and provides great shine. I'm glad this worked out for me and it is now one of my favorite treatments.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the best hair mask I have ever tried! My hair was super damaged a few months ago from a hairstylist bleaching the sh** out of my hair. It was breaking off SO bad. I tried the It's a 10, but it didn't help the condition of my hair. Then I switched to try this one... wow! In less than a week my hair went from being brittle to being soft and looking SO much better! I used this every other time I washed my hair, so 2-3 times a week. It smells amazing, too, which I love. I used an entire jar of this over about a 6 month period, then repurchased another jar about a week ago. This is a god sent product for my bleached hair.

Highly recommended!

The only downside of the product is the jar, it's hard to open with wet hands in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by MonMon44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best hair mask I've ever tried! Like most reviews on here I have to mention that the smell of this mask is delicious. It keeps your hair smelling good until the next time you wash it. After the first use of this product there was a huge difference in my hair. It was not only softer, but it looked shinier and wasn't dry and brittle like it use to be. My hair was so easy to brush through and had no tangles!! (My hair is quite thin so I always get tangles). I would recommend this product to anyone. One jar will last you a very long time. Next time I use this I will leave it in longer than the recommended 7 minutes and see how it works then. Invest the money in this product, you won't regret it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product is ok. it's not the best hair mask but it's not awful. i would use this a lot when my hair was a lot more damaged than it is now and it never really wowed me. it did make my hair a little less puffy and softer but it wasn't a miracle. definitely doesn't compare to moroccanoil hydrating mask and you can find something way better that's less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by misstaryn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

It is very important to use a clarifying shampoos with this product. If you do, you will love it the first time AND the 50th time you use it. I have relaxed hair that has been damaged by years of relaxing and permenant coloring. I discovered this on my quest to repair and grow my hair. This product smells amazing, makes my hair super soft and shiny and gives it a healthy bounce. BUT, it is not made to really restore the hair. I use all natural products for this such as 100% coconut oil and 100%argan oil. It does a wonderful job making my hair APPEAR to be healthy. I have no problem with that as long as I use it in conjunction with my natural items that actually repair the hair. I have received several compliments since I started using this. When I felt that it "stopped working," I used a clarifying shampoo and deep conditioned with this and fell in love with it again. also, i noticed some people saying it makes their hair dry. these may be ladies who are NOT flat ironing. I see a noticeable difference after I have flat ironed my hair. Will continue to buy.