July 25, 2014 | 972 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by omeleko

I've been usuing the product for over a year now and it's amazing. I used to wear false eye lashes when I would go out at night, but my lashes are so long and thick now that I don't need to anymore. After about 2 months of consistent use you will definitely see a difference and I think after about 4 months you will see full results. After 4 months I started to apply it ever other day or every 2 days and my lashes are so long that when I look up they touch my eye brows! I don't even have to look straight up, just slightly above eye level. If you want really long dark lashes, you have to get this stuff. Just remember, consistency is key with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Critterkeeper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 3 years - get it from AllDayChemist. When you start you must use it everyday. When you reach full potential then you can go every other day. For those of you getting darkined skin here is how you stop that. Apply it under the lashes at the base of your lid instead of on top. You might also want to get a better brush then the one that they send you, one that is softer. I also apply my eye pencil, powder or gel the same way from underneath and push it up through the lashes. Give it as try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the product through which i discovered this site, makeupalley! I was considering this when my anesthetist wrote me a prescription, but nearly had a heart attack when i called a few pharmacies to inquire the price. I then cruised around the net and found these reviews. The first bottle i purchased was from Amazon, at around $50. That bottle lasted me 18-20 weeks. One drop is enough to use for both eyes and brows. I used a tiny little, i mean TINY little brush included from the vendor. The brush included from alldaychemist was more like a lip brush, and i like it because it does get tedious using that teeny little brush. the pros of using the teeny little brush is that it itches less.

I then took the advice and purchased it from alldaychemist (careful: not alldaychemist and not alldaySchemist) with a mastercard that isnt used very often or have a big balance, just in case. They unfortunately dont take paypal, my main form of payment for online purchases.I have had no problems, however.
after the second week to one month i noticed initial growth in length. I was substantial; i kept staring at them in the mirror, absolutely fascinated. Then it stayed static until the very end, about 10 weeks in, i started to notice thickening. It wasnt until the very end of 16 weeks that they grew to final length and thickness. It is exactly as others have described; one day upon waking up the lashes' growth and density seem to explode. I am now into the 7th month of use, and yes, i use every other day. I should reduce to every 3 days.
I do use this product on my eyebrows and lower lashes (shame!) but not until after the 16 weeks of growth on the top lashes only. I dont really notice it as much on the brows, but very much notice on the lower lashes. It is difficult to apply, and the product does turn the skin slightly darker. The top lid has a line of darker skin along the lash line, but i do use a little eyeshadow and it covers it right up. There is a spot on my lower eye, just inside the lash that i have touched with the product and that dot is still there. Its fading though.

To say this product has transformed my lashes is an UNDERSTATEMENT, as my lashes are freakishly long and have received many comments, "your lashes are the longest ive ever seen" or "are those real" or "who does your lashes" are some of them. They are so thick too, not just the length, which i would have been happy with. It is beyond expectation

It is easier to apply mascara, as i dont have to butt up to my skin very closely anymore; they also curl with the mascara alone (no more lash curler needed).

I hope they dont fall out, as i have heard from some, after long term use. If they do, then i hope to take a break and resume, as i am spoilt rotten how gorgeous they are and how they make me feel so sexy and confident! I do have some shedding once in a while, but only one or two and maybe once a week. If i shed before, i didnt notice, so this may be perfectly normal. I will use this forever: i consider this the one product i would have with me on a deserted island.

Update:
Ive had some breakage on the left side, but dont think its due to the product. Its been itchy lately, so i think its a bit of over zealous rubbing. I sure do hope so, because i would be SO SAD if i couldnt use this anymore. I still have a full bottle unopened and a bottle ive only used for a a month. It must be the bigger brush im using. The more product the more side effects but not not more results! Time, and not more product will get your results.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by yaelbr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I think I'm using this for already a year or so...probably my 3rd bottle. I also ordered from alldaychemist with no problem but the last time I ordered from 4nrx pharmacy.
It's TRULLY unbelievable!!! you so have to use it every night for 6 weeks to see the first results and of course keep using -otherwise you'll go back to your regular length..:) I did kinda get fed up with applyng everyday so for a while I skipped here and there and ended up with my short old lashes.. I still skip once a week now, but it's fine.

It definitely lengthens and I think I have more lashes now..

I know one of the side effects is getting darker eyes (and I have green and dont wanna loose them..) so I check every once in a while my eye colour :) I'm quite sure nothing has changed till now..but I dont know what will happen so I'll keep checking.

CONS: I did start to get this redness around my eyes, like where i apply it and right under my lower lashes, and a couple of people mentioned that to me. But since I wear mascara and eyeliner - it usually isn't very apparent, though it still is annoying and not very nice.
Overall: I bought this again and will keep on doing so!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by sandooch

I'm 49 years old and absolutely love Careprost. I had been a previous RapidLash user, and while RL did make my barely-there lashes a little longer, I really wanted the length that product like Latisse gave. Then I heard about Careprost and that it contained the same ingredients as Latisse at a fraction of the cost. Not to mention one bottle lasts me over 4 months.

It took about 6 weeks to notice a difference (same as RapidLash), but after that my lashes seemed to lengthen overnight. I'm going to add a picture collage to show the difference. I am just blown away with the results and will remain a Careprost cliet forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by SierraMichelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been getting my Careprost from Isis-Cosmeceuticals, 4 bottles for $99. This is the best deal I've found since I stopped using Latisse, which was way expensive. I've been getting awesome results with careprost my lashes are so thick & long they look a bit fake and i love it! A few girls even asked me where I get them done at and Im like "these are my real lashes" hahaha I just recently started using it on my eyebrows too, I still shaped them up, but I want them thicker so I can stop using liner to fill them in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Update: Upped the rating from 4 to 5. Now using this product for almost a year. My lashes are so long that I'm asked at least a couple times a week if I'm wearing falsies from various strangers I encounter. I've noticed that I don't need to apply this daily now in order to keep the length up. I apply about 2 or 3x per week as a maintenance plan.

Initial review: I've been using this for about 6 weeks now and have just recently started to see amazing results. For the first month or so I really didn't notice any change in the length or fullness of my lashes. But during the last two weeks, my lashes have sprouted like crazy! They are long, full and have a beautiful natural curl to them.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Drproctor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received my careprost yesterday via USPS. Ordered from Alldaychemist, and I didn't have any fraud issues (thank goodness) but I think next time I'll order it somewhere else just in case. I got 2 bottles, and they included the brush even though I didn't pay for it. I ordered on 4/20 and received on 5/5. Packaging was very good. I will update this review as I go.

Week 1- absorbed easily into my lash line, not messy at all. Didn't leave any kind of odor or residue, and didn't drip into my eyes. Didn't disrupt my eyeliner application. Functionality is very good. Woke up the next morning with red eyes, kind of annoying but I'll deal. By the second day my lash line was just slightly irritated. Nothing painful or very noticeable.
Week 2- eyes still irritated. Not as red. I'm noticing darkening around my lash line and lashes. My lashes actually look a little longer, maybe about a millimeter. I can definitely notice something is different.
Week 3- eyes no longer red. the rims (where i apply the product) are itchy right after application, but get better within 30 minutes. I'm seeing longer lashes at this point. i'm pretty excited because most people don't seem to notice changes until 4-6 weeks of use.
Week 4/5- minimal itching after application.Ran out of first bottle, began use of second. Lashes are noticeably longer, but are not "WOW". Ordered 3 more bottles for $58 from inhousepharmacy.biz. Transaction was very smooth and checkout was secure with my credit card. I feel much safer than ordering from alldaychemist.
week 6- considerable growth
UPDATE: Been using this for 9 months. Love it. It's a staple. My eyelashes are great!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Loretta130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Careprost for 2 years. My lashes were thin sand sparse before. I am a Mature lady (69) and I have fabulous lashes. Since your lashes, like all your hair, goes thru two week cycles of growth, rest and shedding. My lashes change a little as I have seen many cycles pass. Sometimes my lashes are really long especially at the corners, and sometimes they are shorter, as the shedding process takes place. Now I maintain using it every other night. They will have to pry the stuff out of my cold dead hands!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by oyster480

I have been using this product for almost 4 months now, nightly.

Around 2 1/2 months I noticed my lashes were getting longer, noticeably, but nothing mindblowing.

At this point tho, I am noticing a lot of lash loss. Before my lashes were relatively short, however now I have weird gaps on both eyes. I noticed another reviewer mentioning this. I also have uneven growth, and the snuffleluffgus effect, some sparse looking, longer lashes on one eye. I know everyone's lashes are different, however these gaps are alarming me. I never had them prior to using careprost, and like I said, i'm noticing a lot of lash loss particularly when I wash my face, even though I am gentle around my lashes. I don't wear makeup daily, and when I do, I use Almay non waterproof mascara...

I am unsure why I am having these side effects with careprost. I will be discontinuing use. I also noticed a lot of darkening around my eyes and concealer is now a must. Before I thought the lash growth was worth it, but now with these sparse weak looking gappy lashes, forget it.