October 24, 2014 | 1596 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by clbrothwell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this foundation. It gives a medium to full coverage and does not feel heavy or cakey. I have normal sensitive skin, and when I break out I don't like to use concealer so I can let my face breath a little. This gives enough coverage where I don't have to use concealer. I feel the best application is MACs 130 brush. It's dense enough to hold the product but like the 187 it spreads and buffs the foundation on flawlessly. I find the 187 is too loose to spread foundation and the 190 puts too much on. You don't need to set this with powder if you want the dewy look.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by gabbott

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to like this. I does not work for me. I am an NC 30-35. The 30 was too light, the 35 looks orange on me. It's too heavy, too thick, sinks into lines. Actually, I bought and returned this once before. I buy so many foundations that I forgot why I returned it, now I remember. I also bought and returned that over priced brush they promoted to use with it. I bought this again because I want a compact foundation with mirror to carry in my purse. It's not happening.
I was not thrilled with the packaging either. I tap the button to open the foundation and the bottom sponge compartment pops open. Very annoying but I could live with it if I loved the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ladymarion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok so i've only just bought this product, so I'm going to comment what I've seen in one use.
Coverage: medium to full, I used this foundation with a stippling brush with a light hand, and I see perfect skin in the mirror! lovely texture, more creme-to-powder than normal creme foundations. lovely feel on skin. Not greasy in the least.
Color: my color is NW15. Yes. I'm that pale..the color blends perfectly into my skin and doesn't seem to change during the day
Price: payed 33 euros, madness! far too expensive for the empty pockets of a post.grad student! but i'm entitled to a little treat now and then, don't you agree?
Repurchase: maybe not because of the price, but this foundation is wonderfull!
Will update once I've used it more and I'm taking a lippie away for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was one of the lucky people that saw this foundation at the MAC counter, and they happened to have my color in stock (NC20, I'm usually NC20-25). The MA told me they have been out of it for months, due to popular demand.. and I now know why! The coverage you get makes your face look flawless.. it is not a heavy foundation either! I would advise to moisturize ahead of time (I get some dry flakes prior to applying cream type foundation if I don't! My skin is dryyy!) and you will get flawless coverage with a sponge, fingers, or a duo fibre brush! You will still need to use concealer on those problem spots, but other than that, you will look fantastic. I finish off with mineralize skinfinish in medium. This has not broken me out. the other mineralize foundation (with the pump) broke me out and I don't usually break out anymore! Anyway, I don't use this foundation every day because my skin is pretty clear, but I think putting saran wrap/press and seal wouldn't be a bad idea to prevent it from drying out! Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by egirl26

This is my HG. I have been looking for something good for my skin and not matte. I tried the select tint and liked it but it slid on my face. This stays put and doesn't oxidize. I have oily combination and very large pores. Cream foundation works good for this skin type. i also love studio tech for pictures and going out. nc40's should get the nc40 in this despite the mac artists insist on getting a lighter color. if you try to get a lighter color you'll end up orange. this is darker b/c its mineral makeup and should blend into your skin. another thing, i wear avon primer underneath and the Mac blot in medium dark, but if i don't this will slip and cake around the t-zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by TheMkupjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has become my all time favorite foundation. The color match is dead on. The best color match for me in any Mac foundation. I am a nw50 and I am hard to match. I love the flawless look this foundation gives me. I have normal to oily skin but I have not had problems out of shine. I put this on in the morning and I look just as polished at the end of the day. I use a FF oil control powder on top or my MSF in deep dark depending on the look I am going for. With the MSF I do have to blot about twice during the day. With my FF oil control powder I do not have to blot at all. I get excellent coverage. I don't like a heavy coverage ( like to see my skin, just more even) so I don't build this foundation up but the MA said that it is buildable. Please try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Bellagatta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever used! I have dry skin and most foundations I've used are either too heavy or leave my skin looking dry and flaky. This is very smooth, creamy and easy to apply. I usually apply it using the MAC foundation brush (190) but, even when I use the sponge that comes in the compact, it goes on very nicely and it's easy to blend. I can control the amount of coverage and it says on for a long time, keeping my skin looking fresh and moist. It's nevery cakey and it's very natural looking. The packaging is great. I travel alot and it's much easier to travel with this compact than it is to travel with a liquid foundation. I use NC30 which perfect for my medium/light skin. I finally found the perfect foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie777

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I <3 this foundation. I have flawless skin most of the time and I don't need a very opaque foundation. This works wonders for when I am in a hurry or just want some light coverage. When I do get blemishes I just use my MAC concealer and I'm good to go! A MAC makeup artist recommended this to me with my dry skin and I have and will repurchase. I don't think it is my HG foundation but I like it and will keep using it until I find something better. It is super creamy and I apply it with my MAC 190 foundation brush and blend it out with a sponge and set it with my MSF natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Zbluesky

Since I already have the MAC Skin fix NC40 powder, I thought I'd get a MAC foundation as I'm currently using Lancome Photogenic Lumessence. The SA at the counter applied it on me and I got sold to it. Unfortunately, when I started using it (it's winter now), I noticed that my foundation becomes cakey at the end of the day. My T zone was also oily.

The packaging was ok. It comes in the same package as their compact powders so you get a sponge underneath the cream. What I did discover was that the foundation in a compact package was about AUD 10 more expensive than the one in a bottle with a pump. The justification, according to the SA, was that the compact was more travel friendly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this and have only used it a couple of times, so this may be premature, but I absolutely adore this!! I apply it over well moisturized skin, 'cause I'm dry, then a little of L'Oreal's Studio Finish Primer. I use the Sonia Kashuk version of the Beauty Blender sponge, and I've gotten SO MANY compliments already!!! My face doesn't feel oily and heavy, and best of all for me - not dry!! It gives a nice glow without being sparkley. I'm an NC30 for my med-to-med/light complexion, and it's perfect. LOVE ♥♥♥!!! (BTW, I also just got and equally love Bobbi Brown's Antigua Bronzer that I use as a blush. It's really beautiful, too, and compliments the foundation very nicely!)