November 28, 2014 | 1288 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I did go through many many foundations and this one is one of the best I've ever tried!

MY SKIN: combination-oily, acne-prone, I am about NC 20-25 in MAC

PACKAGE: great, luxury looking, the pump works very well, made from glass

COVERAGE: medium (I applied it with a regular foundation brush (MAX FACTOR)

TEXTURE: very nice, not very thin, not very thick, the product applies beautifully, smells amazing, but the fragrance isn't strong, i see any glitters, it isn't shiny

FINISH: natural, satin, semi-matte, depends on the primer/base, I use CLINIQUE Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturizer because it controls oil very well and helps to treat my acne, it hides my pores

LONGEVITY: I have no problems with fading off, this product stays put all day long even on my combo-oily skin, it doesn't make me oily, I need to blot a few times during the day, but I have to do this with every foundation

BREAKOUTS: no breakouts, I have a problem that many foundations tend to break me out after a while, but no pimples with this product

ANY OTHER PROS: great price, the shade I use (53) is very yellow toned, which is great for my skin, because I have light skin with a lot of yellow undertones, photographs beautifully

RECOMMENDATIONS: I totally recommend to buy this foundation, it's great and for any skin type

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Zelmora

I have already repurchased this before - in shade 52 vanilla. It gives light to medium coverage, has a lovely texture and pleasant smell. It's an accessible but still quality drugstore foundation that offers decent light shades with a yellowy undertone. Loving the pump dispenser too, which pushes the product from the bottom up so you can get every last drop (although there seems to be a new glass packaging where i am so it might not do that...). It wears off a bit during the day but I don't apply much, I like it sheer. Will buy more when I run out again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by CorneliaZ

great texture. easy to blend. natural finish

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ashleedrake1

I've used this foundation for the past 6 months, changing from double wear, and i've only had to change it recently because of the change in weather. Weirdly enough it isn't working for my winter skin, but my summer skin loved this.

It leaves you looking super healthy, lovely coverage for my pesky red marks, dry patches, acne scars and white heads that I occasionally get. I have an oily t-zone also and although this can sometimes depending on hormones create a lot of oil - the main reason I am giving it a 4/5 - it is nothing that a nice powder cannot fix throughout the day. I don't have to reapply this foundation.

I went travelling in July to around Europe and this helped me throughout those early morning and late night trains/airplanes where you just wanted to but a little life to your sun burnt skin. I have a lot of pigmentation and this covers it up well. I pair it with the bourgeois concealer and off I go.

I like that it's cheap and affordable, for me in the UK i can nip down the road and pick it up whenever for around £10 and the packaging and annoying as it can get, for £10 with a pump dispenser, you cannot complain.

If there was one thing I could change about it it would be the colour range, I am very fair and sometimes depending on how my skin is feeling it will reject the makeup and the colour and therefore sometimes I look like I am wearing way too much but that also i'm wearing a shade too dark. I'd recommend if purely on the fact that it is a good coverage, no unusual outbreaks and affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by kamusienkaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was looking for something that would give healthy glow on my face but not in the way Rimmel Wake Me Up gives because its to much for me. This foundation is perfect althought my face starts to be shiny on my nose quite quickly but I don't mind that much. Coverage is very good and I think comperable to Revlon ColorStay which I also really love. Also I really like the color range. I have very warm skin tone and I found 52 perfect for me. I have acne prone skin but its normal with some dry patches. I wouldnt recommend this product for people with oily skin and for skins that dont tolerate silicones as there are few in it. Price is very resonable and the product is totally worth it (9.99 in Boots).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

Love using this!I grabbed shade 53, a little bit darker than my skin shade(I often use 52), but in summer I use fake tan, it is cool! Easy to blend, the finish is dewy~ which I love so much! I m combined to oily skin, hope it helps

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by hannahn631

Love this foundation! It's a lovely light to medium coverage foundation. Very easy to apply and blend, I use it throughout summer and it doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by vickydc829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would love to love this but it breaks me out everytime I use it so it's a No. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by kehaniprice

This product is well loved by so many and there are so many recommendations and great reviews so when I tried it I was expecting something...more. I don't dislike this foundation at all, I just don't think it's that good.
To be honest its nothing special. It has a satin finish and I find that it doesn't last long at all, it has the longevity of a BB cream and within a few hours your T zone is shiny.
I wouldn't repurchase, in my opinion Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation is a much better option it has a lovely finish and lasts longer plus it is half the price.

EDIT************ I changed my rating to 2 stars. I really dont like this foundation. It just doesn't last. I have tinted moisturisers with better finishes and longevity. Plus i think it broke me out and i hardly ever break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Leanne05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, first of all I am a total foundation junkie. I've tried soooo many, mostly high end but why of why didn't I try this sooner?? It's AMAZING!!!

I bought colour no 53, I'm nc25 and this matches really well. I apply with my Real Techniques Expert Facebrush and the results are totally flawless!

I have dry / combo skin and found a lot of foundations settles in fine lines throughout the day but this stayed perfect. I would class this as a medium build able foundation. It covers all my redness and acne scars perfect, for more stubborn spots I do need concealer, but that's totally fine.
The finish is very healthy looking, hence the name :) I finish it with a setting powder, currently using Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder which is fab.

This foundation lasts all day, I may need a touch up after 6-8 hours, and I use a Real Techniques Stippling Brush for this as it gives a lighter touch and natural finish over the foundation already there.

I would recommend you try this as I really put this with high end foundations, if not better than most.
There is no SPF so it's great for photographs too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No