Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A nice light foundation good for everyday use! I did buy a colour too dark so only use it when I tan. It also has a fruity scent so lovely.

I like this foundation but I don't love it. It is extremely light weight and the overall effect it creates and the longevity throughout the day reminds me very much or Josie Maran's matchmaking liquid foundation which I love. The difference is of course if that Josie Maran foundation has argan oil in it and it is slightly mattifying. This Bourjois foundation is very light coverage (at least for me) and I had no problem smoothing it out on my skin over Hourglass minearl veil primer. It stayed semi-matte for an hour or so and became dewy quite quickly (I have combo skin). The one thing I do not care for in this foundation is that for some reason when I set it with powder, after awhile my skin looks rather chalky and greesy at the same time. So I have to smooth out my skin with a velure puff and use a blotting powder to set it again by mid-day.
I am in a process of ordering Mally's poreless skin perfector so hopefully that will make the foundation stay more even and and appear less greesy.
I do like it overall and will continue to use it but since I have an oily t-zone I just have to work with it.

on 2/27/2014 7:51:00 AM

In love with this foundation! I have combination skin, very oily in the T zone & normal, sometimes dry in the rest of my face. This foundation goes on beautifully giving a healthy, dewy glow to my skin. It's lasting power is also good although after 5-6 hours you will need to blot/powder if you have oily skin. The shade range is pretty decent too if you're on the lighter side, unfortunately Bourjois doesn't do dark shades which is probably the only downside to this foundation.

on 2/19/2014 6:16:00 PM

A great, natural foundation that glides easily across the skin. Has a nonviscous texture which feels just like water.
Has a gentle, shampoo-like fruity smell which is not at all bad.
Comes in a glass bottle with a pump which is easy to use.
Purchased it perhaps a shade or two too dark, but that is my fault.
Would recommend.

on 2/8/2014 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation as it is one of the very few that has worked well on my dry skin. Unfortunately, I am between shades, between 53 and 55 but I mix the 53 with a bit of l'oreals lumi magique and it helps to warm the tone up a little as 55 is a tad too dark. However, dueing the winter now that my skin is a little drier than usual, this foundation has started to feel a little heavier and slightly cakey, not sure why. But I would definately buy again.

on 2/7/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Unfortunately, I really don't get on with this foundation.

I chose shade 52 (Vanilla) which is a great match for a NC/NW20 - if in doubt or in between shades, go lighter as it can look a little orangey. I tried applying with both fingers and my Real Techniques buffing brush, but it was difficult to blend and really clung to fine hairs and the slightest of dry patches - not a flattering look. I also found it a little too sheer for my liking - I have some redness and some slight acne scarring on my skin: nothing too severe by any means, yet this didn't do much to cover it. Despite claims of anti-fatigue radiance and 16-hour wear, it didn't make my skin look particularly more radiant than usual, nor did it wear well for more than 4 hours when I had to get the blotting sheets out to control my oiliness, which took off a lot of the foundation.

I wouldn't highly recommend this - in my opinion, it's not worth the hype as the coverage is no more than a step up from a tinted moisturiser yet doesn't offer anything special that my cheaper, more effective foundations can't do. I think I'll stick with my medium to full coverage options and I won't be using this again.

on 2/4/2014 10:34:00 AM

Really good foundation, especially considering the price. The packaging is fine, although the lid seems to come off a lot. It smells good, goes on easily and looks lovely on. The coverage is actually really good but still looks natural. It's the one foundation which, when I'm wearing it, I feel confident that it's looking ok and not highlighting every wrinkle and crevice inflicting on my skin!
Only thing is I wish the staying power was slightly better. I also feel that the shade selection could be improved slightly. They are always either too pink or too yellow.
Other than that I've no other complaints. I've purchased foundations a lot more expensive than this one which look awful on the skin. That's why I've repurchased this so many times because I just know it's reliable.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
+Very affordable
+Hygienic packaging (pump)
+Doesn't break me out
+Doesn't get oily
+Smells nice
+Pretty easy to find a matching shade as MAC shades are very similar to these

Cons:
-Not exactly a great coverage
-Can make your skin a bit dry if you have very dry skin like me (good for combination skins)

The Bourjois gel serum foundation is better for dry skin

Other things...
Theres no SPF which is sometimes good (when taking photos with flash) but inconvenient for everyday use, I have to wear sunscreen underneath.

on 1/29/2014 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Even though this wore better throughout the day over the Gel Serum version, (Gel version unfortunately got quite oily around my nose), I didn't like the finish of this as much. It looked cakey than the Gel version and just didn't give me the pretty glow I was hoping for.

on 1/26/2014 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is literally my DREAM foundation. I have very large pores and I'm quite insecure about them, so for years I've been searching for a foundation that gives me good coverage over my pores. This foundation does EXACTLY that, whereas every other foundation I've tested, does not.
As well as it's amazing coverage, this foundation is light on your skin and gives a dewy finish. It's very creamy and blends easily, giving a flawless and almost undetectable coverage. Bonus - it smells AMAZING! Since this foundation is so creamy, it can easily melt away it's not set with a powder. (I also use the Bourjois Unifying Powder which works great with the foundation.)
The only thing I can fault with this foundation is the packaging which can easily break if being transported... apart from that - this product is AMAZING and I would recommend it to everyone!

Video Reviews & Tutorials