Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey

4.5

on 8/7/2010 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love gray-mauve-y nailpolishes. I enjoy You Don't Know Jaques (OPI) but it feels dark for summer. Rimmel's Steel Grey is more wearable, even on the toes (an I usually don't like darker colors on the toes - unless you have moist dewy foot skin dark colors look a bit deathly and zombie-like, I feel), because it's a softer gray but still in the same family as YDKJ so that cool industrial feel remains.

I'm surprised at how good the consistency is - very smooth and creamy, not at all streaky. Very easy to apply with the broader and flatter brush.

on 8/6/2010 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Love this polish! Actually I love all Rimmel polishes. Especially the brush and the color is beautiful. Stays on, no streaking, and min chipping. You only need about 2 coats!

on 8/6/2010 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great wearable color! Two coats of this with a top coat lasted for 6 days with no chipping -- and I was doing housework & gardening, not just keyboard tapping. The wider brush took a little getting used to but it was worth it. I've purchased three more of the Lasting Finish Pro colors and am very happy with them all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Beautiful shade that is unique yet wearable. I have tried a couple of nail polish colors in this same vein, such as OPI's You Don't Know Jacques and Sephora's Metro Chic, but those looked like death on me. Something about this one is more flattering on my pale, neutral-toned skin. I wouldn't really described it as a "steel grey" but more of a taupe-y, purple-y grey. I don't have any complaints about the formula, and I also like the brush, because it's sort of wide and flat. Overall, I'm very pleased!

on 8/2/2010 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

COLOR: To me it looks like a purply gray. Its a very unique and I've gotten many compliments from other women. It's definitely a Fall color.
APPLICATION: Two is good enough, but I think 3 gives it its true opaqueness.
LASTING POWER: I've worn it for 4 days so far. First chip was on my pointy finger on the 3rd day and one on my pinky finger on the 4th day. Only two chips so far.
PACKAGING: I love the packaging, the square bottle is so classic looking. And I have to admit, the big brush threw me off a little when I first saw it, but I've learned to love it.
COST: I got a great deal on this nail polish, I had a coupon "buy one get one free." I bought it for $3.77 at Walmart. (TIP: All You Magazine Issue 8, August 27, 2010 is where I got the coupon. It also included over $65 worth of coupons for other household products)

on 7/31/2010 8:31:00 AM

This polish has so many good things going for it. It's long wearing, it's got a fantastic ergonomically designed wand applicator, two even coats and you have a rich taupey mushroom color that compliments nearly every skin tone. It's work appropriate but it's not boring, people often ask me what I'm wearing. I am very surprised that these Rimmel polishes dont get more love because they're honestly some of the best formula I have ever tried.

on 7/31/2010 8:19:00 AM

This is THE BEST polish I own for being long wearing! Who would have thought it would top other higher end polishes! The color is my "go to" color and I can easily get a week out of it when top coat is applied over 2 coats of polish. I wish they offered more colors. I think the larger brush with this polish makes for the easiest application. I can have my nails polished and ready in 15 minutes flat. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

on 7/22/2010 8:49:00 PM

Love this color! Looks great even on my pale hands. It lasted about 3 days then started chipping, but I always have my hands in water. I will by again and have recommended to friends!

on 7/21/2010 12:32:00 PM

I really love this shade. I pretty much only wear dark shades on my fingernails. I think this is a nice break from dark browns and black. I got a few complements on it ! I love how versatile this is. I wore it with plenty of different types of outfits including a cocktail dress and it went well. The brush is like the Sally Hansen Insta dri brush. I like it. The packaging is really chic. The only real issue I have with this is that I need three coats to get the maximum impact.

on 7/18/2010 10:10:00 PM

i wasn't blown away by this product at first, but now it's definitely one of my favorite shades. even my mom remarked that she liked this shade, and she never does that :)
i loveeeee the brush. it's super wide and makes painting your nails easier. HOWEVER, it takes a little while to get used to if you're accustomed to regular brushes.
i've had this color on for a week with minimal chipping and my sally hansen mega shine topcoat, so its lasting power is good.
i probably will wait until winter to wear this color again, but it's super gorgeous and i highly recommend it!

Popular Polishes