October 1, 2014 | 1878 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 5:54:00 AM More reviews by JustLikeHollywood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found the idea of this brush very exciting as I hate using 190 style brushes for foundation and find the 187 not to be dense enough to apply foundation and I really don't have the time to sit and stipple foundation onto my face every day (Does anyone?) and the 109 sheds worse than my puppy! so I thought this would be great! When it first came out, I waited too long to get it as this brush is not permanent in the UK and costs £27. From the reviews I'd read this brush was described as the result if the '187 and the 109 had a baby' and to me, that sounded perfect!

So once I got this brush, I was very excited to try it out! once I used it with liquid and cream foundation, I realized this was really not what it's good at, for me it's far to small and still not quite dense enough to buff foundation in and give me the flawless finish I desired. So instead, I ordered the Sigma 197, which as been amazing, it really does give that perfect finish coveted by many!

So this brush sat there with my other brushes, unloved. Until I watched a video talking about using it for cream blush, and I decided to try it out...Now this, is it's forte! before I'd been using my fingers to apply cream blush, which I hate as I have longer nails and it gets all disgusting and also will add germs to my blush, yuck! but I also find blending it takes some of my foundation off leaving me with really ugly looking skin, this brush allows a light enough hand I don't apply to much as well as the fact, which I think is due to the white tips, it blends as it applies leaving you with an effortlessly flawless finish that really is just perfect!

Over all I find that this brush is over priced, and not that good for foundation but for cream blush it is amazing! so for foundation, go for the 197 from sigma which is cheaper and gives a better finish but for cream blush, this one all the way

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by fparekh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having the 187 - which I use for MSF's - I didn't need this brush for foundation purposes. What I did love it for is cream blushes. The 188 is a decent product for applying cream blushes - but I prefer to use it for highlighters or lighter application of blush.

The 130 is PERFECT for cream blushes. Shorter bristles give it a more concentrated application and picks up more of the product - at the the time still allowing to be buffed smoothly onto the cheeks.

Definitely recommend this over the 131 that also came out w. the new MAC Beach Collection.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by socalgal59

Mac #130 short, round, flat-topped brush for foundations; a blend of natural bristles and synthetic fibers. $38

The make-up artist at the Mac store swore by this brush--said it would give me an ďairbrush finish.Ē She said the traditional foundation brush would simply leave the foundation on top of my skin; by contrast, she swore the Mac #130 would blend the foundation into my skin for a flawless finish.

Darn if I didnĎt rush home and rip it out of the package. The first thing I noticed was the horrible stink of the handle. Iíve had the brush for a week now and wash both bristles and handle with a mild gentle shampoo after every use and the handle still stinks to high heaven. I nearly gag every time I use the brush.

If the stink isnít bad enough, the brush doesnít blend any of my foundations well. I use either Mac Studio Sculpt (very thick texture) or Lancome Teint Idole Ultra (medium texture) and the brush doesnít blend either foundation well. I get a splotchy finish every time.

As a test, I used the Mac #130 on one side of my face to blend in the Lancome foundation and my Bobbi Brown foundation brush on the other side. The Mac #130 produced a splotchy, blotchy finish. The traditional Bobbi Brown foundation brush produced a flawless finish. I even tried Smashbox Photo Finish Targeted Pore & Line Primer as a base.

I use very small amounts of foundation and build to the level of coverage needed- so the problems isnít too much product on the brush. Iíve tried stippling, then buffing; Iíve tried just buffing. I even tried using the Bobbi Brown brush first, then buffing with the Mac #130--only to have the Mac destroy the finish. No technique seems to work with this brush.

If you look at the brush you will notice the body of the brush is full, but the bristle tips are really spaced out. I noticed the more product on the brush, the more defined the bristle tips become. I think this effects how the product is moved on the skin. In the end, every time Iíve used the Mac #130, Iíve had to re-blend with the traditional Bobbi Brown foundation brush--so there is no reason to use the Mac brush. Iím sticking with the traditional foundation brush.

The brush also sheds hairs--every use leaves several hairs on my face. I own a number of Mac brushes and this is the only shedder.

The Mac #130 is going back to the Mac Store--not only for the lousy blending, but for the stinky handle and stray hairs.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by katcomer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush to use for liquid foundation since I do not use cream products.

This brush is excellent in quality, it has what the 187 lacks, more control and less spare bristles.

The reason I give it a 3 is due to me using it for liquid foundation. The brush is just WAYY too small. If it was the size of the 188 or 187, it would be much more efficient, but due to its tiny size, it is not effective for all over the face. I felt like I was missing spots.

It is also painfully expensive for the size, I have eyeshadow brushes larger than this brush so I would reccommmend it more for blending undereye concealer.

Shame its so small, I hope they make on bigger, it would be excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 8:24:00 AM More reviews by yourprincessleah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is a fabulous brush, particularly for concealer and cream blush. for some reason with other brushes i can never get decent coverage on blemishes no matter what product im using, but this brush made such a big difference- someone described it as "erasing the mistakes away" and that is quite a good description of how this brush works. i also did use it with foundation but it's just a little too small to be effective-though it does work great in the smaller areas such as around the nose for detail work. i dont think there is another brush like this so its pretty unique- which is the main reason i shelled out the money for this. it is not anything like the other skunks out there other than the fact that its duo fibre. its a lot smaller, and the hairs are more dense. my only real complaint is that it is overpriced but because of how well it works, generally speaking i would repurchase. this isn't one that you can dupe.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by kdh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the 130 about a month ago. I found that it worked well for concealer and light application of blush. I liked it, but could live without it as well.

I generally wash it once a week. The black bristles are starting to bleed. I let it dry completely overnight. When I use it now, it leaves black dye on my face. For a forty dollar brush, this should not happen. Why is dye necessary anyway?

I also own the 109 and it bleedsónot to the same extent as the 130. I currently hate this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Maria209

I bought this brush yesterday. I asked the MUA to try it on my arms. I'm amazed because it give a nice flawless or airbrush finish. It's small brush but the result is flawless skin so I tried It on once I got home. I tried the brush to apply my SFF spf15 (NC35) then set it with mineralize skinfinish natural(medium plus). Love it love it love it. cause it's like an airbrush look and It doesn't cake and It stay on for a long time.

You can use is for: liquid/powder/cream/blush/contouring.

Good Investment for a good quality makeup brush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Brush head too small and it sheds a lot. It does make applying cream foundation easier and looks smooth, but it wasn't worth the price tag since it shed every time I used it which meant I had to spend a few minutes picking the hairs off my face. For me, the brush head was too small and it took a while to smooth the foundation over my face. I got the Sigma synthetic flat top instead and I love it-bigger head, no shedding, smooth application, and 1/2 the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by dreagonzalez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I bought it today and it applied my foundation like a dream. I only use it for my new cream bronzer and the application was flawless. I'm in love with this brush! Its such a multitasker. Perfect addition to my brush collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Use this Brush Daily. The key to using this brush with liquid foundation is to buff it in and then press the foundation in with a damp sponge! I used to sue the 187 daily to apply foundation and although I do like it, I dont use it anymore since with this brush you really get to buff the foundation in and you have more control other then the flimsy-ness of the 187.

+++++EDIT++++!
HG Status. Love this brush so much, use it daily every single time I use MU, every single time!!!! Love it, will get a backup! I use this with my MAC F&B