TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 11/11/2012 8:10:00 PM

I have straight and fine hair but I have a lot of it. I regularly use dry shampoo as a refresher between washes, and this has been the only one of many dry shampoos that I have thrown away and not finished. The smell wasn't offensive to me, but the sticky residue and heavy feel of it was. It left my hair seemingly dirtier, far from refreshed. If you're looking for a good, affordable dry shampoo, look elsewhere (like Psssssst or Batiste).

on 10/29/2012 12:18:00 PM

Pros:

Adds body
Nice smell

Cons:
Doesn't really cut oil
Makes hair feel dirty within about 12-24 hours

Bottom line: treat this like a thickening agent, not a dry shampoo and you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for something to soak up oil, you are better off using baby powder.

on 10/28/2012 2:57:00 PM

When I first bought this product, I hated it because it didn't do anything for my oily hair! Then, at some point in time I found out how to actually use the it! So ladies, here's what you really do. Try it out and maybe you'll love this product as well!

When I first used it, I only sprayed the dry shampoo on the top of my head and it would look...semi ok but then it'd be oily again. But what you actually should so is use it in layers. I start by spraying some on my roots in the bottom layer then comb it out, then after the bottom layer, i do the top of my hair and then there we go! Cleaner hair! It also adds a crap load of body to my hair which makes me love this stuff even more! I'm on my second bottle after figuring out how to use it. So ladies, before you dislike this item, try doing what I'm telling ya and you'll love it too! And it works perfect with my hair cause I have black hair (i'm asian) and it works fine! =] Oh one more thing, make sure you don't go spray crazy cause that can leave your hair feeling sticky. Just do a light layer then if you feel like you need, add more after you comb through it.

on 10/18/2012 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product really disappointed. It didn't make my hair look worse, but it didn't make it look any better either. My hair was just as oily as before I sprayed. I won't be buying this again.

on 10/18/2012 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the absolute worst hair product I bought and I wouldn't pay that much for something like this. I don't know if I have any allergies to this but I broke in hives using it. So DEFINITELY NOT PURCHASING IT.

This is just gonna go into the trashcan because it failed to do its very purpose, to absorb the grease off the scalp and in fact made my hair really heavy and even greasier. I just wanted to wash my hair off this horrible product the moment I put it on.

My hair felt coarse as well after spraying this. Trust me, I followed the instructions but got this horrible result and broke out in hives. DO NOT RECOMMEND, especially for those with oily scalp. There are better products out there.

on 10/2/2012 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first dry shampoo, so I didn't know what to expect.
The first couple of months it worked okay, I would spray it on, (on second day hair)but by the end of the day my (thin,straight) hair would feel greasy again!
Now recently the pump broke! Which is so frustrating! I tried to wash it out like they recommend, but it didn't work, the mechanism itself is broken I think! Ugh! What a waste of money!
Now I have to buy a new dry shampoo, any recommendations?

on 9/9/2012 2:23:00 AM

yuck. this stuff is awful. it comes out wet! that defeats the purpose of dry shampoo. makes the hair stiff and it looks worse than before. i used this once before i threw it away. awful scent too. for the price, suave and pssst are wayyyy better!

on 9/5/2012 10:44:00 PM

this is absolutel horrible! Have tried this over and over, and has never worked properly! Honestly, the best result I ever achieved through using TWO BOTTLES is that the look of greasiness temporarily went away for a few hours, but my hair still felt greasy, and itwas completely stiff and puffy, as well as feeling dirty. DO NOT waste your money.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh man, this stuff is *the worst*! Maybe it works better on thicker hair, but if you have fine hair like mine, I can only hope to warn you against wasting your money.

I've had this kicking around a bin of products that I occasionally use that I haven't tossed because I don't like to waste. I've used it a few times and I should really just know better by now. I tried it again today and it's going in the trash for good. If you're hoping to degrease your hair for a night out, spray it on, wait like the instructions say, and hey, pop some corn while you're waiting because you ain't goin' no place. Better start picking out some movies or delay your plans while you take a full shower and blow out your hair the long way.

If you want your hair (bonus if it's brightly coloured or dark!) to have a grayish cast and powdery film, you might as well just dump a box of cornstarch on your roots. It may even work better than this stuff!

on 9/3/2012 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst dry shampoo I have tried.

It leaves my hair sticky and feels very dirty. After using this I have to wash my hair the next day. I have tried it a few times and a few different methods to try and make it work, but each time my hair feels just way to sticky.

It is also a little grey. Will not purchase this product ever again. I actually will not try or buy any other tresemme product again after such a horrible experience with this. With so many good and dirt cheap dry shampoos on the market, how their product team made this one work so badly is beyond me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials