November 22, 2014 | 1145 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product...but only in the Oily hair version. I almost wonder if a lot of other reviewers used the "Smoothing" or "Dry/Damaged hair" versions. I bought the Smoothing version by accident and I didn't like it as much....it seemed to weigh my hair down. However, the VOLUMIZING version is my Holy Grail of dry shampoos. I've tried Pssst which always clogged and has a foul odor, Oscar Blandi which is 'just ok' for the price...the only other that comes close for me is Ojon and TreSemme costs so much less. I usually clip my hair up, spray short bursts along the sides and scalp and brush, then flip and brush. voila, another day without having to shampoo and blowdry/heat style.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by KuteKora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awful, just made hair sticky even when applied lightly from afar and thoroughly combed (as instructed).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Candy94

I was so excited to use this cause I generally love tresemme products but I was really dissapointed. :( I should have read the reviews first but it was on sale so i didnt think twice before buying it but after using it it made my hair 10 times greasier! The exact opposite of what i wanted. The only thing i liked was the smell. Definately not repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Luckystar99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a VERY oily scalp but the rest of my hair is, I guess, normal to dry. I get split ends within a week right after a fresh hair cut, & I tested that without using ANY heat at all. I believe it's the shampoo I'm using :( Anyways, I recently decided to stop washing my hair from every day to every other day. Naturally, I wanted a great dry shampoo at a drugstore price! I found this 1 cuz I compared it to 10 others & I felt it had the least amount of nonnatural ingredients. Worst choice ever. An hour after I put it in, my hair was completely oily again & my hair just never looked any better with this stuff. The smell is very nice, but other than that, it's horrible. Will not be repurchasing. I got it for $4.48 at Wal-Mart.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by BBreviu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YUK! Very disapointed with this product especially since I had read about it on a blog. First this ISN'T dry shampoo! I sprayed it on my fingers and the product is actually wet to the touch so it sprays on like a glue on your oily hair!! no amount of brushing can take it out and your hair looks worse than when you started. Do not use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the worst dry shampoo I've ever tried. It leaves a white cast if I don't brush it out well, and even once I get rid of the white my hair looks no different than it did before using the dry shampoo. It also makes my hair feel even more dirty and greasy than it was before -- my hair is downright gross to touch! The only good thing about it is that it has a mild scent that disappears soon after applying it -- I tried this product because I don't like the strong long-lasting scent of Suave's dry shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by midwestcheer15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fine hair and my hair gets very oily because of that. I tried this product and followed the instructions carefully. It made my hair feel more oily and disgusting. I used it only a few times and will never use it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is the garbage I picked up. I bought the small trial size of this. The name is almost exact, except I think mine said for oily to fine hair, but whatever...same stuff, it was def. the spray and not the mousse. Oh my god is this stuff horrible!!! I ran into a local Walmart b/c I had a job interview and figured I would touch my hair up before going since it was hot out and I was a bit sweaty and unfort. bought this. This is def. a hairspray, a crappy one at that, not a dry shampoo. I wish I read the horrible reviews b/c I would have bought Pssssst instead which is an actual dry shampoo. This made my hair look like I was 90 yrs. old, plastered to my head and had a weird white film on it - blech!!!! It did nothing to absorb the oil, so I started to panic and just decided to treat my hair like it had hairspray on it and finally made it look somewhat put together. God, I threw the bottle out when I got home. SAVE YOUR MONEY! DO NOT BUY!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

when I first tried this, I sprayed it on my hair and combing it to invisibility was.. virtually impossible. not only that but it didn't really help all that noticably or maybe it was hard to tell because my hair was white and cakey? idk. but I wouldn't buy this again for those reasons, along with the fact that after.... maybe 3-4 attempts at use, it stopped coming out of the bottle. I think there is something clogged but I've never been able to figure it out. so this was a no-go.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by babybecca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried the version with clay in it. This product made my hair even more greasy than it was before. It left an awful residue in my hair. The scent was actually nice though. I should really just throw it in the garbage, but I'll keep it on hand if I need to grease up any loose door hinges at home.