September 19, 2014 | 2012 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by katelynn89

this stuff is horrible. i bought it at a local drug store because it was cheap, and i have fine thin hair which gets greasy easily.

i will admit it did not leave my hair white and powdery looking. the spray faded after a minute or two and brushing it out but...

it's just really bad at its job. didn't make any difference or absorb any oil whatso ever. my hair was still greasy and limp. i tried to like it and gave it another shot, but it's a fail.

will not be buying again. get Got2Be brand of dry shampoo, its 10x better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by chandler1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product. It was the first dry shampoo that I've ever bought, so I don't have any products to compare it to. However, it didn't do much for me. On 2nd and 3rd day hair, I would spray it on and it left a white residue, that could easily be brushed out, but it still left a certain heavy feeling. It didn't do a great job and removing oils and it simply covered any unappealing scents, it didn't get rid of it. Now, I just make sure to wash my hair every other day because cannot rely on this product! I've heard some mixed opinions on this product from others, some hate it like me, but some swear by it, Overall, I was not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by PinkEyelashes

I wish there was an option to answer "ABSOLUTELY NEVER" under 'would you buy this product again?". This stuff is the worst.

First of all, it makes your hair feel sticky, and even 'dirtier' than before applying it. It's also hard to evenly distribute, as I found that it shoots of of the container so quickly that it cakes in one area, and dries before you can even mess around with it. I thought maybe I had a lemon because after a couple uses the nozzle stopped working - so I actually returned the product and exchanged for another one, hoping that it would be a finer mist or something... but nope, same thing all over again - and of course, after a couple uses the nozzle breaks again. So irritating.

I wasn't a huge fan of the scent - very strong and over powering. I actually can't remember what I paid for it - but even for $2 this stuff wouldn't have been worth it. Bad product - don't waste your money!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy $%^&! So much hate for this product! I, for one, actuallyreally liked it... when I was blonde. When I was blonde, it worked super well for me. In fact, when I went on a little trip, I was able to go 5 days without washing my hair, and this dry shampoo totally kept it from getting greasy AND I was wearing my bangs down the whole time. I normally have to wash my hair at least every other day when my bangs are down because they get greasy really quickly. I had absolutely no complaints about this, whatsoever.
Until I dyed my hair black. Now I can't use it anymore because it's so white that it makes me look like I'm greying! Not cute. I probably would've given it a 4 or even a 5 when I was blonde because I really liked it, and it even made my roots look lighter, but like I said, I can't use it anymore now that my hair is dark.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by tookie15

This is an absolute fail in terms of dry shampoo... it weighs down my hair, it sprays everywhere and it clogs up so easily. It feels like your spraying water onto your hair at first..then it dries up and become REALLY white and its so hard to brush it out evenly..if at all~ its not a quick process so it defeats the purpose of dry shampoo.

it does somewhat make my hair look less oily and the only good thing is this smells real nice..

would NOT repurchase...ever!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaBiatch

Not a fan of this product! It just didn't do a good job of making my hair not feel oily. Yes, there was a slight difference, but not enough. I still felt like my hair needed to be washed after I used it. I did like the smell a lot better than Suave's dry shampoo, but it didn't work nearly as well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First dry shampoo ive ever tried. I absolutely love this product, just not the packaging. After using the a few times, it just stopped working abruptly . It seems like it got clogged. So i did my research and turns out ALOT of people have this problem. i followed all the directions but it still got clogged. Someone suggested to run the cap under hot water to unclog it, did that .. no luck. I was so upset because it was a brand new can with a ton of product. So i returned it and got a new one. so far so good, no clogging.

UPDATE: okay so after a whole it would make my hair even more greasier then to begin with..and left white residue. I suggest batiste A+

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ugh! This was the first dry shampoo I ever tried... I didn't think it was that bad until I got horrible breakouts from it! Even though it's supposed to be all-natural, something in the ingredients reacts with my skin and gives me some of the worst breakouts I've ever gotten from a hair product!

The smell is nice and it deodorizes well. As far as absorbing oil, it does a pretty good job and doesn't leave my dark hair looking white or too ashy. I wish it worked for me but I can't deal with the zits so I moved on to John Freida's Volume Refresher dry shampoo, which doesn't break me out and does the job well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

This product is just slightly better than using nothing. I usually have to wash my hair or at least my roots every day or they are a big greasy mess. This product helps it to not look so greasy but I still don't think it gives a good clean look to hair either. It also can give a gray color to your hair if not careful. It does make your hair smell nice and like you just washed it. I haven't tried any other dry shampoo but I will look around for some because I am not really happy with this one due to the grey color it can give hair. The only reason I said I would buy it again is if I can't find anything better to use for emergencies when I can't wash my hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Normally, I use this product to bring some life back to my hair after the gym in the morning. I have really thick/curly hair, so washing/blow drying is not an option in the morning after a workout.

You have to be really careful and hold the can a decent distance away from your head, or else the product will show up on your hair and look like you have patches of gray. Also, spray it in bursts, and shake the can after every burst.