October 22, 2014 | 1644 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by caroline_a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haaaated this. Made my hair greasy and the bottle was easily clogged. Threw it in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by BlackGlitter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thought I'd try this since it was so cheap and because I like the TRESemme shampoo. I knew it wouldn't be as good as Oscar Blandi ($25 & a Sephora splurge when I had a gift card) or Big Sexy Hair Dry Shampoo ($16), but I figured it might be OK since I don't use dry shampoo that often. WRONG!

This stuff was a waste of time and the ozone. It did nothing to make my hair look cleaner. I have highlights & lowlights, and when my roots are showing right before my next coloring, they tend to look really oily even if I washed it that AM. I followed the instructions and was not happy to see my hair still looked dirty at the roots, plus was kinda itchy. The white stuff did brush through OK for me, but my hair still looked & felt limp.

I tried a couple more times when I didn't need to go anywhere just to see if there was some technique I needed to develop. NOPE. On the 4th try, it would not spray at all. It wasn't clogged. It just wouldn't work any more. Ugh! Into the trash it went with about 90% of it left. Was it a sign to give up?

I decided maybe my hair isn't oily enough to need the oily hair formula, and sprung for the straight/normal hair this time. It was only $3.50 at Walgreens. That didn't do the trick either, so I gave up on the brand - at least for dry shampoo. Oh, and guess what? It also stopped spraying after a few uses. This was the second almost-full bottle of product I'd tossed & I am not happy.

Switched to Suave for work when my roots are showing or I am too lazy to wash my hair, and its not bad! Also went back to Big Sexy Hair for going out. I use it more for volume & to szuj it up a bit at the roots.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by katelynn89

this stuff is horrible. i bought it at a local drug store because it was cheap, and i have fine thin hair which gets greasy easily.

i will admit it did not leave my hair white and powdery looking. the spray faded after a minute or two and brushing it out but...

it's just really bad at its job. didn't make any difference or absorb any oil whatso ever. my hair was still greasy and limp. i tried to like it and gave it another shot, but it's a fail.

will not be buying again. get Got2Be brand of dry shampoo, its 10x better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by chandler1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product. It was the first dry shampoo that I've ever bought, so I don't have any products to compare it to. However, it didn't do much for me. On 2nd and 3rd day hair, I would spray it on and it left a white residue, that could easily be brushed out, but it still left a certain heavy feeling. It didn't do a great job and removing oils and it simply covered any unappealing scents, it didn't get rid of it. Now, I just make sure to wash my hair every other day because cannot rely on this product! I've heard some mixed opinions on this product from others, some hate it like me, but some swear by it, Overall, I was not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by PinkEyelashes

I wish there was an option to answer "ABSOLUTELY NEVER" under 'would you buy this product again?". This stuff is the worst.

First of all, it makes your hair feel sticky, and even 'dirtier' than before applying it. It's also hard to evenly distribute, as I found that it shoots of of the container so quickly that it cakes in one area, and dries before you can even mess around with it. I thought maybe I had a lemon because after a couple uses the nozzle stopped working - so I actually returned the product and exchanged for another one, hoping that it would be a finer mist or something... but nope, same thing all over again - and of course, after a couple uses the nozzle breaks again. So irritating.

I wasn't a huge fan of the scent - very strong and over powering. I actually can't remember what I paid for it - but even for $2 this stuff wouldn't have been worth it. Bad product - don't waste your money!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy $%^&! So much hate for this product! I, for one, actuallyreally liked it... when I was blonde. When I was blonde, it worked super well for me. In fact, when I went on a little trip, I was able to go 5 days without washing my hair, and this dry shampoo totally kept it from getting greasy AND I was wearing my bangs down the whole time. I normally have to wash my hair at least every other day when my bangs are down because they get greasy really quickly. I had absolutely no complaints about this, whatsoever.
Until I dyed my hair black. Now I can't use it anymore because it's so white that it makes me look like I'm greying! Not cute. I probably would've given it a 4 or even a 5 when I was blonde because I really liked it, and it even made my roots look lighter, but like I said, I can't use it anymore now that my hair is dark.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by tookie15

This is an absolute fail in terms of dry shampoo... it weighs down my hair, it sprays everywhere and it clogs up so easily. It feels like your spraying water onto your hair at first..then it dries up and become REALLY white and its so hard to brush it out evenly..if at all~ its not a quick process so it defeats the purpose of dry shampoo.

it does somewhat make my hair look less oily and the only good thing is this smells real nice..

would NOT repurchase...ever!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaBiatch

Not a fan of this product! It just didn't do a good job of making my hair not feel oily. Yes, there was a slight difference, but not enough. I still felt like my hair needed to be washed after I used it. I did like the smell a lot better than Suave's dry shampoo, but it didn't work nearly as well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First dry shampoo ive ever tried. I absolutely love this product, just not the packaging. After using the a few times, it just stopped working abruptly . It seems like it got clogged. So i did my research and turns out ALOT of people have this problem. i followed all the directions but it still got clogged. Someone suggested to run the cap under hot water to unclog it, did that .. no luck. I was so upset because it was a brand new can with a ton of product. So i returned it and got a new one. so far so good, no clogging.

UPDATE: okay so after a whole it would make my hair even more greasier then to begin with..and left white residue. I suggest batiste A+

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Ugh! This was the first dry shampoo I ever tried... I didn't think it was that bad until I got horrible breakouts from it! Even though it's supposed to be all-natural, something in the ingredients reacts with my skin and gives me some of the worst breakouts I've ever gotten from a hair product!

The smell is nice and it deodorizes well. As far as absorbing oil, it does a pretty good job and doesn't leave my dark hair looking white or too ashy. I wish it worked for me but I can't deal with the zits so I moved on to John Freida's Volume Refresher dry shampoo, which doesn't break me out and does the job well.