November 23, 2014 | 1730 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's so hard to get product out because the container is so tiny and even if I go in and scoop out the primer it gets stuck in my fingernails and it's kind of unsanitary as well. The pro is that the texture goes on really smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second primer (first being Rimmel) and I adore it. I got it from Ulta, held on to it for about six months, and finally used it this past summer. Love. It makes my skin smooth and matte, minimizes my pores and doesn't change the color of my makeup or take too long to dry.

I smooth a bit on with my fingers and my skin is transformed and ready for whatever type of foundation I put on.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by amandaserizawa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this primer will do the job but it doesn't.. after a few minutes my skin will be oily and my makeup will fade.. I don't know what foundation or makeup can last .. help me.. :'(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this primer as it was recommended by a friend who could not stop singing its praises. Sadly, for me, this primer didn't work. It was a decent price for a L'oreal product at around £7 and you get a decent amount. The packaging was ok but I would've preferred a pump bottle. It also smells weird as well...

Anyway, on to the actual product. This primer is like a white paste that claims to even out skintone and provide a good base for makeup.
I couldn't stand rubbing in this primer as it never felt fully absorbed and sometimes little clumps of product would sit on my skin. I tried applying this with my fingers and a few different brushes but nothing really worked. If I used a foundation brush then this primer would never sink in!

After application, my face didn't look or feel any better. I couldn't tell I had any primer on and my skintone was unchanged. Even when you start applying foundation, you can't see or feel any real benefits. This primer didn't make it into my daily routine and eventually, I threw it away.

I wouldn't repurchase or recommend as I saw no positive or even negative impacts. Nothing at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Nylemaj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was one of my impulse buys- and I am really glad I had that impulse. I feel so much more at ease with my makeup throughout the day knowing I have something to make it stay in place- plus it looks great just by itself. Some people have complained about it but Ire ally see no complaints from here. The texture is wonderful and one reviewer mentioned having to ""scoop"" the product from the jar, but if you're doing that, you're using far too much. You just need to dab your finger in, and rub it into your skin before using foundation or powder- or you could just use this if you were lucky enough to get the right kind of skin. I just put this on the back of my hand to test it and review it better, and it really does make everything matte. It fills in lines perfectly and the even lends a hand in evening out colors. I really do love this product and even with it being pretty pricey, I know I can make this last for months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by vidabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few primers (Nars, Bare Escentuals) and this one by far is my favorite. I was in search of a primer to help control my skin during the day which tends to get a bit oily in the t-zone area and also something that would help make my makeup last throughout the work day. I use MakeupForever foundation and it tends to need a reapplication without use of a primer. This works great and creates a smooth finish...ever since I've been using I've been getting compliments on my skin and no need to retouch my makeup. Would definitely by again. Just wish they had a bigger size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really liking this. I have acne and scarring, and while there are some lovely foundations out there can cover them nicely (hello Rimmel Lasting Finish) the texture of my acne still remains. Not with this little guy.
I just pat it on around my problem areas; pores, acne scarring, unidentifiable who knows what. Presto! Everything has been majorly diminished. I then go in with my Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer to seal everything in. And it doesn't budge. Woohoo!
I still feel like there isn't a whole lot for what you spend. Yes, a little goes a long way, but come on Loreal, add a little more. Don't be stingy with your magic voodoo that makes my skin look nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love!
I bought this in preparation for being a bridesmaid in Arizona's 110 degree weather!!
Helped my foundation last throughout all the events and photographs of the day, glides on easily, dries quickly.
Love it! Will definitely be purchasing again!
My only quam is having to pay $13 for such a little jar..but I do love the product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved loved loved this when I used it on a regular basis.

You only need very little. I remember I would sometimes put my sunscreen on before, let that sink in then apply this primer.

You only need so little, which is why the tub is so little. If you use too much it's going to feel gross on your skin and won't work how it's suppose to. Use a very small dollop, no more than you really need. Give it 10 minutes to set into your skin.
Once it's set it helps your makeup stay on and look so, so silky smooth.

The product barley lasted for me, because I loved using it too much. Really made my skin look that great. Never felt that it broke me out either. Works to help keep eyeshadow in place longer too.

Only negative is there is a high potential to break some people out. There is A LOT of silicone in this product, and many other primers.

Kind of pricy, so that's why I haven't repurchased in a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by LavenderApples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used the entire jar of this and all I'm left thinking is "Did I use it right?"

I applied this because earlier in my makeup days I thought I "needed" a primer. Um. Yeah, no.

I applied it for a while and I did notice this has a noticeable effect on oily areas, if you have them! I applied it to my T-zone on days I didn't feel like wearing makeup, and it left me with a matte look like I was actually wearing something! Which is a good thing for lazy days.

I'm not a fan of the tiny amount and the consistency. You have to scoop it out with your finger and nails and spread it all over your face. That's not sanitary- especially for those of us who (instead of spending an hour on makeup each morning) slap stuff on our faces before running out of the door! If you buy this, you need to add an anti-bacterial cleanser to your routine.

It didn't make a difference when I wore foundation. It didn't do a thing for eye shadow (even though that isn't what it's for, I just thought why not use it up?). It didn't make me less oily simply because I wasn't oily to begin with, I guess.

If you need this stuff, great.
But if you don't, trust me, it's not going to do much for you.

I recommend a smashbox-ish primer, because you can squirt it on to the back of your hand and use a clean brush to apply it!