L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

So I bought this in an attempt to look for a cheaper alternative to Clarins smoothing base. I have combination skin but I would not use this in all my face. I bought this because lately I have been suffering from dry skin around the eyes and this seems to help my concealer.

Considering the brand it is quite expensive, but Clarins product is twice the price for the same amount. So far I would recommend this as a filler for wrinkles and dry patches.

on 4/5/2013 3:42:00 AM

Pros: I liked the texture of the primer and how smoothly it applied to my face.
Cons: I generally put the product on my T-zone area because that's where I tend to get oily the most. It seemed to make my skin MORE oily than if I didn't use this primer. I don't recommend for oily/combination skin.

on 4/3/2013 11:27:00 PM

AWFUL face primer. this primer made my foundation look cakey, and also it just never fellt like it would dry on my skin .Also the packaging is so small, i just hate evrything about it! ive tried other face primers before but this one to say has been the worst one! I immediatly returned it . i after went to buy benefits Porefessional face primer and im really loving this one so far.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love the texture of this primer. It has a smooth and velvety texture which melts a bit when applied. I like how my makeup does stay on longer when applied with this primer. I use this on my lips too and it softens them as well. I hate the packaging though. It's absolutely awful. I find that constantly having to dip my fingers into the jar is unsanitary. I also hate how this small tub is super heavy. The jar is also made of glass so you have to be extra careful with it. I accidentally dropped the jar the other day and the lid cracked. Definitely isn't travel-friendly. I paid 21 USD for this and I find that the price is a bit unreasonable considering the cheap packaging and the amount of product which I actually get which is very little. However the product does do a good job for everyday use and it is cheaper than Benefit's porefessional (I am a student so I can't afford to purchase Benefit repeatedly). Overall I still like the product and will probably repurchase.

on 3/31/2013 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm pretty sure this is the same product sold in New Zealand as 'Base Magique'. I'm a bit on the fence about it, worn alone (over moisturizer) it seems to make a difference, blurring imperfections slightly and making pores less visible. However it doesn't seem to make my foundation last better during the day, and while it feels like foundation goes on more smoothly, I don't really see much of a difference in the finished texture of my skin.

The jar packaging doesn't really bother me, I just use a cotton-but to scoop out what I need.

Bottom line for me is this is a nice to have rather than a must have. I doubt whether I'll re-purchase.

on 3/30/2013 7:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

With this primer, I never know how much is a good amount. Like others said, the packaging sucks.

The only good use I found was to put this primer on before I put on my St. Tropez bronzer. Weird, but it works.

on 3/28/2013 1:52:00 PM

Who designed the packaging? It sucks! The fact that you have to dip your fingers into this tiny jar is so unsanitary and messy! Especially if you have longer than average fingernails! Yuck.

The product didn't work for me. When putting it on, it did make my skin feel slicker and smoother, but upon touch I could totally feel the "film"... feels very unnatural...not a fan. Then, when I put my liquid foundation on, oh the horror! It doesn't blend at all. It cakes, smears, and then flakes off along with the primer.

I have to be honest, I tried this product a few times - maybe 5 or 6, every time hoping that maybe I'm doing something wrong, so I try doing it a little differently:

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with a Foundation Brush.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with a Foundation Sponge.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with Fingers.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Hate it. Won't be repurchasing.

This primer isn't bad, but there is much better. It is a bit oily for my skin and isn't as effective as urban decay's primers.

on 3/5/2013 12:37:00 PM

This is my first primer I've tried. Its very siliconey and it made my skin feel heavy. I didn't notice a difference between using this then foundation or just foundation. Meh its good for an eye primer though.

on 3/3/2013 5:25:00 PM

I ran out of my Avon Magix so I decided to try this Magic Perfecting because I don't have an Avon lady right now, plus I had an event coming up and needed it pronto. I don't like this L'Oreal perfecting base. It's crumbly, it gets stuck under my fingernails, it's hard to scoop out of the small jar. I can't wait to use it up and get back to the Avon one which is much better and cheaper.

Popular Primer/ Correctors