August 30, 2014 | 1803 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used this awhile & liked it BUT it broke me out :( ------

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is very similar to the clarins instant smooth primer, only it's a fraction of the price. I've had this for a few years now and have found that mixing this with my makeup forever full coverage concealer makes the perfect base for my face. It fills in my pores, covers any redness around my nose or cheeks and makes my skin look perfect. I use my victoria's secret bronzer along my cheekbones to contour, and my shiseido blush for a pop of color and then brush soft and gentle along my cheekbones and cupids bow and browbones. It looks like perfect skin, and it photographs extremely well too. So I will definitely be repurchasing this again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Wisteria005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Never been a primer person, but when I heard some great reviews about this one, I decided to give it a go. I wear either tinted moisturizer or BB cream instead of a normal foundation, both of which are known for their less then amazing staying power!

I really like this primer, it has a nice texture and you don't need a huge amount. It makes my skin super soft and silky looking, mostly due to it's whipped texture. It keeps to it's purpose as a primer, and I've noticed that my makeup lasts pretty much all day! (Within reason).

The only reason I've given it 4/5 lipsticks is because since I have combination skin, it tends to make my dry patches way more noticeable, which means I've got to slather on more of my facial moisturizer first.

Hope this helped!
Cheyenne

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HORRIBLE! Made me break out on my chin. A large underskin zit that burns horribly. Worse thing I've experienced. BAD Ingredients. DON'T USE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Msjeanara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best primer ever! I absolutely love the texture. Goes on smoothly. Only need to use a dab. One jar lasts months and I use it nearly every day. I don't wear foundation, I just use this! It keeps my oily skin under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by GlamDivaAshlei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I been using this primer for about 2 yrs now & it's one of my favorites, it fill my pores and make my foundation go on smooth and pretty!!! I use the maybeline bbm & a little of this and my make up setting spray and boy oh boy my make up last a life time lol.. but if I only use this it still last a long time, Loreal really impressed me with this one.. yess I will continue to use this product. the price is a little too much for the small for the packaging pot & it doesn't last that long but It's a must have for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by laurasteph24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

heard alot about this so i was pretty excited but honestly i hate the texture it all sticks together. its really smooth though but id just prefer a more liquid face primer like the BH Cosmetics one...also such a small container only half an ounce for the price...it made my dry spots even more dry and it did not help my foundation at all it made it look dry and patchy, i did keep it because it actually works well for under the eyes before applying concealer so it wont get into the fine lines but thats pretty much about it

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by zapster18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is actually a very good product if you've got the time and inclination to achieve a perfect base. Application is time consuming and can be tricky. You need to (i) pat a small amount on whichever areas you want to perfect and then (ii) apply pressure when dab-swiping the product across those areas. It's not going to work if you just rub it on like a moisturizer or use feather strokes. You need to swipe it several times, like you would an iphone/ipad. It feels abit oily when you're putting it on but once it's set the finish is beautiful. It certainly masks small pores, not sure about spots. However, the reason why I won't be repurchasing this is because I think Too Faced's Primed and Poreless is much easier to use, doesn't feel oily, and the finish is just as good. You just slap it on and you're done. L'Oreal's Magic Base would be a great product if it was more user-friendly. Just thinking about the precision swiping always makes me reach for P&P or forego primer altogether. It's that exhausting.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really found that this velvety smooth prouduct preps my skin for my make-up very well. In fact, it's the best primer I have used. I have tried many others and this is fantastic. The only complaint is that it's in a jar and when you get halfway done with this, you have to scoop your finger into the jar and the product gets under your nails. I think it's too thick of a product to put in a squeeze tube, but I hate the feeling of it getting under my nails. Other than that, this is perfect!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by DollyPetra

I am not usually bitter about makeup unless it really messes up my skin. I used this product last night for the first time and I'm not even kidding, my skin broke out like crazy! My skin hasn't looked this bad in years. If you have acne prone skin, stay awayyyy from this product!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No