December 21, 2014 | 1107 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by alyssamspencer

This primer isn't bad, but there is much better. It is a bit oily for my skin and isn't as effective as urban decay's primers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is my first primer I've tried. Its very siliconey and it made my skin feel heavy. I didn't notice a difference between using this then foundation or just foundation. Meh its good for an eye primer though.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jesssala

I ran out of my Avon Magix so I decided to try this Magic Perfecting because I don't have an Avon lady right now, plus I had an event coming up and needed it pronto. I don't like this L'Oreal perfecting base. It's crumbly, it gets stuck under my fingernails, it's hard to scoop out of the small jar. I can't wait to use it up and get back to the Avon one which is much better and cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer is either a hit or miss. I'm glad it actually work well for me.
Pros:
-smooth out skin instantly.
-makeup goes on nice an easy.
-the finish is flawless.
-no particular smell.
-only need to use a small amount.

Cons:
-pricey for the amount you are getting. Over $10 for 0.5 oz.
-inconvenient to bring with for traveling.
-have to use finger to dig it out. Doesn't feel clean.
-does not help to keep your makeup last all day. Maybe 2-3 hours extra than no primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's so hard to get product out because the container is so tiny and even if I go in and scoop out the primer it gets stuck in my fingernails and it's kind of unsanitary as well. The pro is that the texture goes on really smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second primer (first being Rimmel) and I adore it. I got it from Ulta, held on to it for about six months, and finally used it this past summer. Love. It makes my skin smooth and matte, minimizes my pores and doesn't change the color of my makeup or take too long to dry.

I smooth a bit on with my fingers and my skin is transformed and ready for whatever type of foundation I put on.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by amandaserizawa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this primer will do the job but it doesn't.. after a few minutes my skin will be oily and my makeup will fade.. I don't know what foundation or makeup can last .. help me.. :'(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this primer as it was recommended by a friend who could not stop singing its praises. Sadly, for me, this primer didn't work. It was a decent price for a L'oreal product at around £7 and you get a decent amount. The packaging was ok but I would've preferred a pump bottle. It also smells weird as well...

Anyway, on to the actual product. This primer is like a white paste that claims to even out skintone and provide a good base for makeup.
I couldn't stand rubbing in this primer as it never felt fully absorbed and sometimes little clumps of product would sit on my skin. I tried applying this with my fingers and a few different brushes but nothing really worked. If I used a foundation brush then this primer would never sink in!

After application, my face didn't look or feel any better. I couldn't tell I had any primer on and my skintone was unchanged. Even when you start applying foundation, you can't see or feel any real benefits. This primer didn't make it into my daily routine and eventually, I threw it away.

I wouldn't repurchase or recommend as I saw no positive or even negative impacts. Nothing at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Nylemaj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was one of my impulse buys- and I am really glad I had that impulse. I feel so much more at ease with my makeup throughout the day knowing I have something to make it stay in place- plus it looks great just by itself. Some people have complained about it but Ire ally see no complaints from here. The texture is wonderful and one reviewer mentioned having to ""scoop"" the product from the jar, but if you're doing that, you're using far too much. You just need to dab your finger in, and rub it into your skin before using foundation or powder- or you could just use this if you were lucky enough to get the right kind of skin. I just put this on the back of my hand to test it and review it better, and it really does make everything matte. It fills in lines perfectly and the even lends a hand in evening out colors. I really do love this product and even with it being pretty pricey, I know I can make this last for months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by vidabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few primers (Nars, Bare Escentuals) and this one by far is my favorite. I was in search of a primer to help control my skin during the day which tends to get a bit oily in the t-zone area and also something that would help make my makeup last throughout the work day. I use MakeupForever foundation and it tends to need a reapplication without use of a primer. This works great and creates a smooth finish...ever since I've been using I've been getting compliments on my skin and no need to retouch my makeup. Would definitely by again. Just wish they had a bigger size.